PDA

View Full Version : Tasers?

02-12-2008, 07:22 AM
Should we have them?

02-12-2008, 05:37 PM
not really I'd rather shoot and kill someone that shows me a knife, gun or any lethal weapon, I make sure we get rid of that scumbag. We'll be justified.
Then we might get it, not because of the incident but but because of the media and the question of "why don't FIU provide tasers to their officers?"
8)

02-14-2008, 01:05 AM
Several years ago we pushed for the tasers. But the VP shot it down. I believe we are one of the only University of are size does have them in Florida. If something happens it would fell on the VP. I could see it now University of Miami has them why does FIU.

goodcop43
02-14-2008, 03:17 AM
Maybe we'll get in a struggle with someone and have to mess the person up pretty good to gain compliance cause the pepper spray doesnt always work. Guess they want someone to really get a beating when they're resisting like crazy rather than get tasered. A 5 second non lethal shock with no major injuries. But guess that's what the v.p. wants!

02-14-2008, 11:58 PM
When I took the CIT course the instructor even said we should have taser. We have a lot of mantel ill case. The highs rate of people having mental crisis for the 1st time are college age. Maybe the VP should take some police class like CIT.

03-17-2008, 07:12 PM
BROTHER BLUE YOU ARE RIGHT ON POINT. OUR DEPARTMENT HAVE HAD THE TASERS FROM THE START AND THEY ARE GREAT. HAVE PREVENTED HUNDREDS OF OFFICERS FROM GETTING HURT. SAVED THE MENTAL ILL FROM INJURY AND THE LIST GOES ON. IF WE WERE TO LOOSE THEM WOULD BE LIKE TURNING IN YOUR FIREARM. IF A STUDENT HAD A KNIFE AND WAS TO BE ARRESTED , DOESN'T COMPLY WITH THE OFFICER , PULL THE TRIGER AND KNOCK HIM/HER DOWN AND NO MESS TO CLEAN UP NO FIGHTING ON THE GROUND NO OFFICER GOING TO THE ER AND NO INJURY TO ANYONE. IN A STUDENT ATMOSPHERE IT IS BETTER THAN PAIN COMPLIANCE.