PDA

View Full Version : PBA meeting!

02-12-2008, 02:13 AM
I want to thank those of you that maid it to the meeting. However, I am disappointed in the turn out of some of our "already receiving pension brothers and sisters". I know most of you could give a rats ass about what were fighting for, but look at it this way. If we do not organize and fight unified we well never get ahead. Thus we well continue with the worst morale of a PBC Police force. Belle Glade is gone so yes we are the record holders. With morale this low, you retired guys risk being merged with PBSO where you will lose you precious jobs.. It doesn't take much just help out. Think of your partners!!

02-12-2008, 12:10 PM
I want to thank those of you that maid it to the meeting. However, I am disappointed in the turn out of some of our "already receiving pension brothers and sisters". I know most of you could give a rats ass about what were fighting for, but look at it this way. If we do not organize and fight unified we well never get ahead. Thus we well continue with the worst morale of a PBC Police force. Belle Glade is gone so yes we are the record holders. With morale this low, you retired guys risk being merged with PBSO where you will lose you precious jobs.. It doesn't take much just help out. Think of your partners!!

Contrary to the District's lousy math and propaganda, us double-dippers are in the minority. The audience contained a lot of 2nd careers. If someone figured out the per-centage of double-dippers attending vs the percentage of non-retiress attendings, the results could be surprising.

02-12-2008, 08:50 PM
To the P.B.A. man. Look no further than yourself for the morale issue. Obviously it is your morale that is suffering. In your comments you attack the retirees on many fronts. Did you ever think that maybe some of us like our jobs and enjoy working with the kids? You ask us to think about our partners. Please don’t call me your partner you don’t understand the meaning. You are quick with your words but ignorant to say the least. I sense that you are one of those people who are never happy. I have seen the likes of you throughout my life. You are the same officer that does little or nothing and then wants someone to reward you for your lack of work. It is you that has strayed away and it is you that is dividing the department. You haven’t a clue. You’re a coward. Please leave us and go elsewhere. I would bet that after a few months at your new job you will be just as unhappy. Please try though. Please.

02-13-2008, 03:26 AM
To the P.B.A. man. Look no further than yourself for the morale issue. Obviously it is your morale that is suffering. In your comments you attack the retirees on many fronts. Did you ever think that maybe some of us like our jobs and enjoy working with the kids? You ask us to think about our partners. Please don’t call me your partner you don’t understand the meaning. You are quick with your words but ignorant to say the least. I sense that you are one of those people who are never happy. I have seen the likes of you throughout my life. You are the same officer that does little or nothing and then wants someone to reward you for your lack of work. It is you that has strayed away and it is you that is dividing the department. You haven’t a clue. You’re a coward. Please leave us and go elsewhere. I would bet that after a few months at your new job you will be just as unhappy. Please try though. Please.

MERGER! MERGER! MERGER!!!!!! I love my job, I love the kids, but we lack the benefits, MERGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02-13-2008, 12:42 PM
Do you need help preparing your PBSO app?

02-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Meeting was good. It is about time we had the state come down and do this. Should have been done years ago. I have to say, I do not care about the car issue. I do care about the change in pay periods. I wish we would have spent time on that issue instead of traffic cops desire to pull people over. Maybe the Union can explain it on the website or one of the "guests" can post it here. [/quote]

02-15-2008, 07:20 PM
My understanding of the pay period issue is that we are going from 26 pays to 21 or 22 pays. Which means that we will not be paid over the summer. I don't know about you, but I have a hard time making my paycheck stretch for two weeks, let alone over the summer. We may have been able to do it if they gave us a lump-sum payment at the beginning of the summer. The way it looks now, we will get our last regular paycheck at the end of June and we won't get paid again till after school starts in August. I don't think any of us can afford to keep working here if they decide to really implement that plan. If I'm wrong maybe somebody can explain it better.

02-15-2008, 09:44 PM
If you worked all year you will still get a hold over check in July. The Chief advised that this pay scale will not go in effect till at least 07/09. Then you will get paid for the hours you work. You would get a check in July for the 80 hours we work and then in Aug for the time you work. When you did work 80 hours you would make more then you get now for two weeks as no money will be held to make 26 pays. My pay will be about $250.00 a pay more then I get now,I will just get less pays. Hope this helps as you will need to watch your money during the summer months.

02-15-2008, 10:23 PM
If you worked all year you will still get a hold over check in July. The Chief advised that this pay scale will not go in effect till at least 07/09. Then you will get paid for the hours you work. You would get a check in July for the 80 hours we work and then in Aug for the time you work. When you did work 80 hours you would make more then you get now for two weeks as no money will be held to make 26 pays. My pay will be about $250.00 a pay more then I get now,I will just get less pays. Hope this helps as you will need to watch your money during the summer months.

Thanks for the update. One downside of the agreement is for those who received the 3% performance bonus last year and/or those that were on track to get it this year is that even though were 2/3rds of the way through the fiscal year, the 3% is out the window. The Readers Digest version is a 2% pay raise minus 3% bonus = 1% pay decrease. We have all but Mrs Robinson to thank for this debacle as Mrs Robinson was on our side in this.

P.S. After the Va Tech tragedy the people of PB County were reassured that our schools were protected by the District's own highly trained professional police force who train for incidents like that. They are strangely silent after the Univ of Northern Illinois incident. I guess we're not so highly trained and professional if it is in close proximity to the time of a tragedy.

02-15-2008, 10:34 PM

Thanks for the update. One downside of the agreement is for those who received the 3% performance bonus last year and/or those that were on track to get it this year is that even though were 2/3rds of the way through the fiscal year, the 3% is out the window. The Readers Digest version is a 2% pay raise minus 3% bonus = 1% pay decrease. We have all but Mrs Robinson to thank for this debacle as Mrs Robinson was on our side in this.

P.S. After the Va Tech tragedy the people of PB County were reassured that our schools were protected by the District's own highly trained professional police force who train for incidents like that. They are strangely silent after the Univ of Northern Illinois incident. I guess we're not so highly trained and professional if it is in close proximity to the time of a tragedy.

By "it is in close proximity", I am referring to the contract hearing we had this week

02-16-2008, 01:24 AM
Thanks for the info John, its not the best news, but atleast its communication to the troops.

02-17-2008, 05:21 AM

Dear Mr. “Guest Again”:

You are really sounding desperate at this point, and quite pathetic. It is extremely obvious that you fear a merger with PBSO and the only reason that comes to mind for you to feel that way is because you realize that you would be exposed for what you really are by PBSO, and that is worthless. I am sure that you came here form some large police department in the northeast where you probably never made a “collar” on a “perp” because you were to busy driving the “Lu” around in his car and looking for places to hide. After spending 20 years there you walked out with your fat pension and health benefits and moved to sunny South Florida where you hoped to ride the easy life working at the PBC School Police. Now your gravy train seems to be headed for a crash due to unsubstantiated and needless rumors and fear and you are doing everything you can to try and stop it. What a joke you are!

The sad part about all of this is that you really have no idea what you are talking about. If PBSO took over you have this fear that you would be thrown out there on midnight shift working 12 hour days chasing real criminals around. Nothing could be farther from the truth. If PBSO was to enter into a contract with the School District it would be handled just as all of the other contracts that the Sheriff’s Office entered into. You would be left right where you are and you would probably not even be allowed to leave the schools for some time even if you wanted to. Your seniority would transfer over as well. Out of the 1500 or so law enforcement deputies PBSO has do you think all of them work mid-nights? Look at the courthouse deputies. They work Monday through Friday with weekends and holidays off. Granted they do not get all summer off, but if you save up your generous amounts of vacation, holiday, comp, and longevity leave you would have no difficulty in taking almost as much time off as you do now. Plus you would get paid more money! Have you seen their pay scale? A deputy will be topping out in the $70,000 dollar range and a sergeant at $95,000!

You need to stop your pathetic and down right nasty posts as they are falling on def ears. Your ranting will not change anything and I assure you that whatever happens will more than likely be out of all of our hands. I for one do not understand why after looking at PBSO’s pay scale, benefits and working conditions anyone would not be positive about a merger, unless you are just worthless and scared. Go back to where ever you came from or go double dip some where else if this upsets you so much.

02-17-2008, 03:04 PM

You're right about the time off issue. The School District plus is not the total time off, its the guarantee of when you're off. When you add vacation accruals + comp time accruals + holiday time accruals + sick time accruals + whatever bonus(s) are in the individual contracts; one probaly could get more time off with a city or county dept. Its just that on a 24/7/365 dept its obvious that not everyone can get off for two weeks at Christmas, etc

Dear Mr. “Guest Again”:

You are really sounding desperate at this point, and quite pathetic. It is extremely obvious that you fear a merger with PBSO and the only reason that comes to mind for you to feel that way is because you realize that you would be exposed for what you really are by PBSO, and that is worthless. I am sure that you came here form some large police department in the northeast where you probably never made a “collar” on a “perp” because you were to busy driving the “Lu” around in his car and looking for places to hide. After spending 20 years there you walked out with your fat pension and health benefits and moved to sunny South Florida where you hoped to ride the easy life working at the PBC School Police. Now your gravy train seems to be headed for a crash due to unsubstantiated and needless rumors and fear and you are doing everything you can to try and stop it. What a joke you are!

The sad part about all of this is that you really have no idea what you are talking about. If PBSO took over you have this fear that you would be thrown out there on midnight shift working 12 hour days chasing real criminals around. Nothing could be farther from the truth. If PBSO was to enter into a contract with the School District it would be handled just as all of the other contracts that the Sheriff’s Office entered into. You would be left right where you are and you would probably not even be allowed to leave the schools for some time even if you wanted to. Your seniority would transfer over as well. Out of the 1500 or so law enforcement deputies PBSO has do you think all of them work mid-nights? Look at the courthouse deputies. They work Monday through Friday with weekends and holidays off. Granted they do not get all summer off, but if you save up your generous amounts of vacation, holiday, comp, and longevity leave you would have no difficulty in taking almost as much time off as you do now. Plus you would get paid more money! Have you seen their pay scale? A deputy will be topping out in the $70,000 dollar range and a sergeant at $95,000!

You need to stop your pathetic and down right nasty posts as they are falling on def ears. Your ranting will not change anything and I assure you that whatever happens will more than likely be out of all of our hands. I for one do not understand why after looking at PBSO’s pay scale, benefits and working conditions anyone would not be positive about a merger, unless you are just worthless and scared. Go back to where ever you came from or go double dip some where else if this upsets you so much.

02-17-2008, 03:11 PM
[quote="Guest Again":2b6n03nh]To the P.B.A. man. Look no further than yourself for the morale issue. Obviously it is your morale that is suffering. In your comments you attack the retirees on many fronts. Did you ever think that maybe some of us like our jobs and enjoy working with the kids? You ask us to think about our partners. Please don’t call me your partner you don’t understand the meaning. You are quick with your words but ignorant to say the least. I sense that you are one of those people who are never happy. I have seen the likes of you throughout my life. You are the same officer that does little or nothing and then wants someone to reward you for your lack of work. It is you that has strayed away and it is you that is dividing the department. You haven’t a clue. You’re a coward. Please leave us and go elsewhere. I would bet that after a few months at your new job you will be just as unhappy. Please try though. Please.

You're right about the time off issue. The School District plus is not the total time off, its the guarantee of when you're off. When you add vacation accruals + comp time accruals + holiday time accruals + sick time accruals + whatever bonus(s) are in the individual contracts; one probaly could get more time off with a city or county dept. Its just that on a 24/7/365 dept its obvious that not everyone can get off for two weeks at Christmas, etc

Dear Mr. “Guest Again”:

You need to stop your pathetic and down right nasty posts as they are falling on def ears. Your ranting will not change anything and I assure you that whatever happens will more than likely be out of all of our hands. I for one do not understand why after looking at PBSO’s pay scale, benefits and working conditions anyone would not be positive about a merger, unless you are just worthless and scared. Go back to where ever you came from or go double dip some where else if this upsets you so much.[/quote:2b6n03nh]

02-17-2008, 11:05 PM
You work less if you were a road toad at PBSO then we do at the District, and plus the old guys who are soooo worried about going to work if we go green it will not happen! you will be in your school for years to come, it could only be a plus for the SO to take over.