PDA

View Full Version : question re new cetral district

02-09-2008, 02:03 AM
when is the new district(assuming it's Central) going to come online.

who will be staffing it? i hear each district gets 20% of the total manpower. does this mean detectives,cops,k9,procap,also?

where are the sgt's and lt's coming from?

will all new hires go to the new district or will they be spread out evenly amonst all 5?

do we rebid when it does come online?

02-11-2008, 02:40 AM
All I have heard is that it will encompass Auburndale, JPV, Inwood, Florence Villa, Eloise, Wahneta and the Spirit Lake Rd corridor, maybe some of SE Whaven. That apparently this will take place within two months. They are not promoting and we are to work more with less. That they will be taking from existing shifts to staff this new district. The newbies are still going to 4 corners from what I hear, but maybe not all of them.... But, if you have been here long enough you know not to believe anything until you see it.

pyley0824
02-16-2008, 10:28 AM
we were told in comm ctr probably sometime later this year the re district will be. Have not heard ref to whether new bids etc, but we all work short shift and spread very thinly so not sure about this, in here we have 5 radios now and when this is done that means we will have 6, no clue how they are going to pull that off.

02-16-2008, 09:29 PM
As stated above until you see it happen it's all speculations right now. From what i've heard, SW will take up most of sector 12 from shepherd road to polk parkway from NW also taking back old combee, north combee area from NW. Central will cover Auburndale, JPV, Inwood, Florence Villa, Eloise, Wahneta, Gordon Ville, Gordan Heights Spirit Lake Rd corridor, and parts of alturas. SW will also give up everything east of 80 Foot road down to FT Meade (98E). SE will be only picking up parts of sector 22 from SW and SE and NE will go back to the old boundry line from central days off 27. It's still all debateable, as far as shift bidding, I've heard only Sgt's get to bid, d/s will be placed into shifts. I've heard each district will give up d/s by a percentage using calls for service to determine how many go. Some have said each district will only keep one echo unit and give up support shifts. Others have said Central won't have detectives and support personal assigned. Apparantly east side will be handling that on their own.

In the end it's suppose to go into effect next six weeks as rumors go. I'm sure they tell d/s the day before it gos into effect.