PDA

View Full Version : 6 minutes that could have saved Denise Lee

02-08-2008, 06:15 PM
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20 ... ewssitemap (http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20080207/VIDEO01/802070884/0/newssitemap)

Check the above link out and see how the Cops screwed up

02-08-2008, 09:10 PM
The cops did not screw up, the dispatcher did. The guys out in the streets did all they could do with the information they had. It's not their fault that this important information did not come out. Think about how they must feel, knowing if they would have gotten this call, they might have been able to catch this guy before it was too late. Now watch how the top brass starts pointing at everything else to cover this up. It makes you sick to your stomach, but think how her father feels, he has to work for these guys, and keep his mouth shut, because he is a deputy. My prayers go out to him and his family...

02-09-2008, 01:12 AM
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20080207/VIDEO01/802070884/0/newssitemap

Check the above link out and see how the Cops screwed up

Are you serious, how did the police in North Port screw this up? You are on the wrong board moron.

02-10-2008, 07:45 PM
I think that NPPD did a great job with the information that they had. CCSO on the other hand committed fatal errors. I know it will never happen, but the CCSO operator should be criminally charged for not getting that info to NPPD in a timely manner. I have had all to many negative dealings with CCSO and believe that the poor leadership they endure has trickled down to the front line deputy causing the agency to attract the least qualified applicans.

02-10-2008, 07:56 PM
Unfortunately, a mistake was made here. Nothing anyone does or says takes it back. If anyone was there on the night it started, they would have seen the great support given by CCSO then and the days following. If nobody was there, they would not and could not realize how valuable every one of those men and women were to us throughout this investigation! To come on here and bash CCSO for a mistake that was made by one person is ludicrous at best. I for one would like to thank each and every one from CCSO that has and continues to help us throughout this ordeal.

02-11-2008, 09:27 PM
I'm not trying to bash anyone, just stating some facts. There was a 911 call after the bolo, according to everything that I have read and been told by deputies, it contained enough information that the dispatcher should have been able to think on her own that it might have been related to the issue at hand. For someone in that position to drop the ball of such a serious nature is pathetic, but what's worse is the way the Sheriff goes on T.V. and states that the 911 call came in at the same time that the bolo was going out, and that was proved to be a flat out lie. That's what disgusts me. He also stated that nothing that the Kowalski woman said pointed towards that case, COME ON. It's a very trajic ending and I know quite a few deputies that worked that night, and my heart goes out to all of you who did the best that you could, but that does not take away the un-excusable way that this 911 call was handled and the way that these certain individuals who are supposed to have integrity and honor are trying to cover this up. That's the part that's stinks. Mistakes happen, but to try and cover it up so you or your agency does not look bad, sorry, that has already happened and it's your own fault. Try doing the right thing and answer the questions with some honesty and integrity. Sorry for being so long winded and posting this on the NPPD site, I just got carried away when reading this post.

02-12-2008, 12:34 AM
Most of the people posting about this incident have no clue except for what they have read and heard. The facts will come out in the end when the investigation is completed Until then, shut your mouths and stop making posts about an incident you were not involved with directly. Also for all the finger pointers and as far as a time frame is concerned, what about the very LOOOONG delay between the time king's family member saw Denise in king's car and the time that it was finally reported? Thats a huge issue.

So everybody should stop trying to put blame on anyone. Let the investigation take its course and the answers will come in the end.

All the armchair quarterbacking that is taking place from people that have absolutely no clue is making me sick to my stomach.

02-12-2008, 08:01 AM
Most of the people posting about this incident have no clue except for what they have read and heard. The facts will come out in the end when the investigation is completed Until then, shut your mouths and stop making posts about an incident you were not involved with directly. Also for all the finger pointers and as far as a time frame is concerned, what about the very LOOOONG delay between the time king's family member saw Denise in king's car and the time that it was finally reported? Thats a huge issue.

And on what do you base that broad statement on? Your own personal knowledge or you own armchair quarterbacking and biased opinion of the CCSO or the NPPD? Your are the only one posting here who knows all the facts right? :roll: :roll:
As for the long delay in the family call 911, I believe this thread topic is about the 6 mins of the CCSO 911 call. Start at thread on the family call rather then try and stear this topic to another.

So everybody should stop trying to put blame on anyone. Let the investigation take its course and the answers will come in the end.

All the armchair quarterbacking that is taking place from people that have absolutely no clue is making me sick to my stomach.

The CCSO stood on TV and stated that their was no type of car or color given in the 911 call?
Guess what? Both were given in the BOLO. That is unless you want to try and tell me that the media made up the recording when it was aired?
And by all means lets have the CCSO evistigate it's self.
Lets see how many sherrifs has the department had the have been removed for some crime in the last 20 years? How about all but two.
Go sell your BS on the CCSO board, they seem to be by alot of that.

02-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Here is an excerpt from todays paper:

"At 5:02 p.m. -- more than an hour before the first 911 call came in -- North Port police issued a Be On the Lookout bulletin for Denise Amber Lee and a green Camaro."

If you want to place blame, I think over an hour to send out a bolo of a kidnap victim is much worse then this reported 6 minutes from the CCSO dispatcher. If Denise lee's neighbor was talked to right away and the BOLO was issued immediately and not over an hour later things may have ended up different.

02-12-2008, 11:56 PM
you are an idiot! The papers said........(must be true then!) MORON!

02-13-2008, 12:18 AM
you are an idiot! The papers said........(must be true then!) MORON!

Just keep repeating that and maybe you will buy into the story that the media is always wrong.

I beleive them more then I ever will Lewis or Davenport. That is if you can get Lewis to comment, speak, talk, bark or whatever when questioned about anything. Lewis speak to the public and says nothing about the case other then hug your children. Davenport speaks to the public and lies about the 911. So one department is controled by a liar and the other by a BS artist.
I will stick with the media for getting some facts thanks.

02-13-2008, 01:40 PM

"At 5:02 p.m. -- more than an hour before the first 911 call came in -- North Port police issued a Be On the Lookout bulletin for Denise Amber Lee and a green Camaro."

If you want to place blame, I think over an hour to send out a bolo of a kidnap victim is much worse then this reported 6 minutes from the CCSO dispatcher. If Denise lee's neighbor was talked to right away and the BOLO was issued immediately and not over an hour later things may have ended up different.

So you think that in the first hour it was obvious that there was a kidnapping. Obviouls you had nothing to do with this investigation. Just another ill informed reject!

02-13-2008, 03:56 PM

So you think that in the first hour it was obvious that there was a kidnapping. Obviouls you had nothing to do with this investigation. Just another ill informed reject!

Maybe not exactly a kidnapping but you would definitely know something was wrong, NO MOTHER is going to live their infant children alone......Denise was no where to be found, all her personal items, purse, car keys, car etc. were still in the home....one of the first things that should have been done was a neighborhood canvas, to see if by chance she was at a neighbors house etc., Now if NPPD talked to the neighbor right away and not over an hour later, they would have discovered there was a green camaro in the driveway and NPPD could have starting piecing things together.

I'm sure you already knew all that with all your police expertise...oh wait... :roll:

02-13-2008, 06:03 PM
And you **** Tracy have no idea what happened at the scene! The neighbor WAS talked to right away and a neighborhood canvas WAS started right away!

02-13-2008, 07:19 PM
And you . Tracy have no idea what happened at the scene! The neighbor WAS talked to right away and a neighborhood canvas WAS started right away!

Mean while, the head NPPD cop was still not back from his conference/golf outing, that ended a day and half earlier.
He would show up late the next day to take control of the situation.
Two days to go 250 miles from St. Augustine to North Port.

02-13-2008, 09:16 PM

Maybe not exactly a kidnapping but you would definitely know something was wrong, NO MOTHER is going to live their infant children alone......Denise was no where to be found, all her personal items, purse, car keys, car etc. were still in the home....one of the first things that should have been done was a neighborhood canvas, to see if by chance she was at a neighbors house etc., Now if NPPD talked to the neighbor right away and not over an hour later, they would have discovered there was a green camaro in the driveway and NPPD could have starting piecing things together.

I'm sure you already knew all that with all your police expertise...oh wait... :roll:

Actually the anwser to your question would be yes, I have seen mothers leave their small children alone, and yes they got caught. So no it is no surprise that it would happen. As far as a green Camaro being seen in the driveway did not mean anything significant. Get a copy of the reports and get some one to read them to you. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Or does you keep policing skills tell you every thing, ye who has no idea? Yup that is what I thought..

02-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Get a copy of the reports and get some one to read them to you. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Or does you keep policing skills tell you every thing, ye who has no idea? Yup that is what I thought..

And it is that simple to get a copy of the report, along with the ME's report from the PD and the SA, right. Especialy on an on going homicide investigation. Talk about policing skills, you have none.

02-13-2008, 09:52 PM

Actually the anwser to your question would be yes, I have seen mothers leave their small children alone, and yes they got caught. So no it is no surprise that it would happen. As far as a green Camaro being seen in the driveway did not mean anything significant. Get a copy of the reports and get some one to read them to you. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Or does you keep policing skills tell you every thing, ye who has no idea? Yup that is what I thought..

You are right, I should have clarified myself, most mothers would not leave their children alone, druggies, crack whores etc. would leave the children alone but Denise was not one of these and therefore would not leave her children alone.........camaro or not the BOLO was not issued until more than an hour after she was reported missing....I have been to plenty of missing children/adult calls and NEVER has it taken me over an hour to issue a bolo...period.

02-14-2008, 01:47 AM
Let me get this straight, you want us to believe you are a police officer? haha

02-14-2008, 02:11 AM
HE WATCHES COPS! DOESN'T THAT COUNT?

02-14-2008, 07:56 AM
HE WATCHES COPS! DOESN'T THAT COUNT?

Well that puts him up two more steps higher then you in knowing the job. :lol: :lol:

02-14-2008, 07:00 PM
Let me get this straight, you want us to believe you are a police officer? haha

Actually, yes I am. Wish I could say the same about you.... :roll:

02-14-2008, 11:08 PM
Whackenhut does not count BONEHEAD!

02-14-2008, 11:38 PM
Whackenhut does not count BONEHEAD!
Neither does your job as a crossing guard on Cranberry.
Now head to the American Table and tell your coffee buddies how you put someone in there place on this forum. :roll: :roll:

02-15-2008, 12:36 AM
What a douche bag!

02-15-2008, 01:50 AM
It is quite obvious that this so-called ahem, person that wants to say he (or she) is a police officer, is an absurd annalogy. Sounds like the same sour graper that has embellished every forum that is started here. If he or she was a police officer, my best guess would be that the Field Training Program was ummm, how do you say this.....ummm the end of their careers! So now, here they come to try and prove that they know it all; and use this forum to prove what they could never be, by bashing everyone and showing their feined superiority to all. Err didn't work with me loser!

02-15-2008, 10:30 PM
It is quite obvious that this so-called ahem, person that wants to say he (or she) is a police officer, is an absurd annalogy. Sounds like the same sour graper that has embellished every forum that is started here. If he or she was a police officer, my best guess would be that the Field Training Program was ummm, how do you say this.....ummm the end of their careers! So now, here they come to try and prove that they know it all; and use this forum to prove what they could never be, by bashing everyone and showing their feined superiority to all. Err didn't work with me loser!

I doubt very seriously that you could have been or every will be someone yourself. Your continuous pontification on who is and who is not an LEO based on a persons posting is proof of such.
Your best bet is to leave your guessing to watching "Murder She Wrote."
As for feigning superiority, you are by far the Oscar winner on this forum.

Here are a couple of facts that you should come to terms with for your own well being.
One, you will never see stripes on your arms, or bars on your shoulders.
And two, you will have to be satisfied with being relegated to just writing speeding tickets on Salford to church going old ladies till you retire or get canned.
My bet is on the latter.

02-15-2008, 11:07 PM
AND MY BET IS WITH THE OTHER POSTER, YOU ARE A LOSER!

02-15-2008, 11:15 PM
AND MY BET IS WITH THE OTHER POSTER, YOU ARE A LOSER!

Well here is the problem, I was not the poster that was being addressed.
So just settle down and flop back in your lounge and finish off that case of Bud, so you can unwind from a long day of screwing off behind the Shell station. :wink: :wink:

02-16-2008, 01:05 AM
While you gulp down you're bitterness?

02-16-2008, 02:12 AM
While you gulp down you're bitterness?
Sorry about that, your a Miller man not a Bud drinker. I'm bad.

02-16-2008, 04:05 PM
Such a funny guy! Why are you wasting your time here sharing all those hilarious jokes when you could be making millions on tv?

02-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Such a funny guy! Why are you wasting your time here sharing all those hilarious jokes when you could be making millions on tv?

Thanks, but I like a challenge. And there is no better place to try and bring some humor then to the NPPD.
Never seen a department with such a lack of a sense of humor. The CCSO is a distant second, but climbing fast.

02-16-2008, 11:59 PM
I find it disgusting that people are arguing over who is a cop and who isn't when this post is about CCSO 911 center dropping a very important call resulting in a death. I am utterly shocked and upset that no one was fired for such negligence. It is such a shame that this call didn't go to another 911 center where the information would have gotten to North Port Police possibly (and lets face it, more than likely) would have saved her life.

02-17-2008, 01:16 AM
I find it disgusting that people are arguing over who is a cop and who isn't when this post is about CCSO 911 center dropping a very important call resulting in a death. I am utterly shocked and upset that no one was fired for such negligence. It is such a shame that this call didn't go to another 911 center where the information would have gotten to North Port Police possibly (and lets face it, more than likely) would have saved her life.

So why is this being posted on North Port's site and not CCSO's?

02-17-2008, 02:15 AM

There are way to many other factors in the Denise lee case. For you to point fingers and blame her death on the dispatchers is unfair. What about king's family member that waited for so long before he reported what he saw or the bolo that NPPD took over an hour to get out. You should be a little realistic. If anything I think it was a number of issues that may have contributed to the end result and not 1 911 call.

02-17-2008, 03:14 AM
I beg to differ. If the operator dispatches the call when received CCSO had 4 unit within minutes of the intersection of Toledo Blade and 41. According to the GPS log one was less than a quarter away at the exact time the call was being made.

02-19-2008, 01:45 AM
I would have to agree, with that many officers that close to her at the time of the CCSO call she prob would be with us today. Something to think about...