PDA

View Full Version : Step program...

02-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Not really the time to bring this up with the budget issues but I saw this on another forum and wanted your thoughts?

"Quote"

I have been throwing around an idea about a "Step Program". Senior deputy, master deputy, ect. It would be a great way for the "career deputy" to have some form of promotion other than the standard. It would also allow a senior deputy or master deputy to get paid for their years of service and education ABOVE those that choose not to go to class and educate themselves in our field.

Some people do not want to be "in charge" but I feel they should still be given some compensation and acknowledgement of the job they do. Now the question is this how do we base that?

I say you have to have a certain amount of years in service with THIS department, certain schools, and have a small test. Much like this...

Senior Deputy - 5 years of service, completed either FTO or Line Supervisor. Then take a small proficiency test. (You would be awarded 2,000.00 more a year than the regular deputy with a 1.5% above the yearly raise as well as a single stripe.

Master Deputy - 10 years of service must have completed FTO, Line Supervision and at least one other 40 hour class. (You would be awarded 3,500 more a year that a regular deputy with a 2% above the yearly raise as well a single stripe with a star underneath.

Thoughts?

Again thoughts on this for our agency ??

02-11-2008, 04:35 AM
GREAT IDEA, HOPE YOUR REAY FOR IT ! HAVING BEEN THROUGH THE PROCESS I CAN SAY IT WORKS IF YOUR STAFF IS READY. THE RANK AND FILE WILL LOVE IT. IT CAN BREED DESTRUCTIVE GROUPS AND WITH ANY TYPE OF PROMTION IF BASED ON PERFORAMCE REPORTS WHICH ARE SUBJECTIVE BOOT LICKING BACK STABBING MAY OCCUR. IF BASED UPON YOUR TIME N SERVICE AND IN THE CAREERFIELD, NO SERIOUS DISAPLINE SOUNDS GOOD.

02-12-2008, 04:23 AM
hey, i know you

02-18-2008, 05:56 AM
WHERE HAVE YOU SEEN ME, I HAVE MET MANY OF YOUR OFFICERS IN AND OUT OF ADVANCED CLASSES. :)