PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff's Boyeez

02-05-2008, 01:08 PM
The sheriff's favorites got selected for aim. No advertisement. Wow, the good old boy system still around. The sheriff must think they are sexy.

02-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Amendment 1 passed which means we are screwed. If that's the case, how did those guys get assigned to AIM? BTW, Hall wanted his finest to serve in AIM. He said "those guys are so fine."

02-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Traffic, GPS, and now AIM? Guess that means the civilian process servers will be taking dispatch calls?

02-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Yeah. They aren't as pretty as those guys in AIM, GPS and Traffic...NOT! At least the sheriff thinks the boys is pretty. Does he still mkae comments about guys butts and looks at himself in the mirror all the time? We used to call him Elton Hall cuz he reminded us of elton john except he sung like Doooooodoo!

02-05-2008, 11:52 PM
Why don't you folks find something else to complain about? Those are TEMPORARY reassignments for the "illegal sweeps". They'll all go back to their other positions when it's over (traffic, GPS, wherever). I guess they could have pulled some patrol guys to do it. Of course, then you'd only have 3 or 4 per shift in the districts, which menas you may have to answer 5 or 6 calls on your 10 hour shift. That would leave less time to chase skirts and shoot the bull behind the bank, huh? Now get off it and post something positive, for once.

02-06-2008, 01:53 AM
Someone from patrol was pulled. Only one because they put the dream team together and realized they needed a Spanish speaker for this multi-lingual task force. I'm all for taking a pro-active stance with the illegals, but not at the expense of already short patrol shifts.

02-06-2008, 02:28 AM
So, I guess maybe they could have done it without a Spanish speaker? Yeah, that would go by real fast. Maybe they should have picked you so you wouldn't be so obviously jealous, or do you not speak Spanish? I sure don't. I guess them being proactive is going to cut in to your time hanging out at the Tom Thumb trying to get some clerk nookie?
Of course, if I had been picked, someone would accuse me of being "fine". Been a long time since that happened............

02-06-2008, 02:52 AM
Jealous. Yea that must be it. As stated before, doing something about the problem is fine with me, but patrol is supposed to come first in any law enforcement agency. All other divisions are to support the patrol function. While this group may make some small dent in the illegal population, even someone as obviously narrow minded as you seem to be should be able to admit that the overall effect will be minor at best, and it will in no way benefit patrol. The only real accomplishment will be a few nice press releases and a photo op or two. It will be hard to convince the public and commissioners the decreased funding will diminish our capability when it seems we can spare half a dozen officers for a very narrow purpose.

02-06-2008, 03:10 AM
I'm narrow minded? Gee, maybe I should get on here and whine and cry about patrol, patrol, patrol. Wait, that's you. I did my time on patrol, may get to do it again some day, maybe not. Of course, if I have to I guess I'll cry when I have to answer a few no-paper drive by complaints and then go home and turn off my phones.
Oh well, we have a difference of opinion, perhaps we'll get an opportunity to discuss it in person one day, unless you get a job somewhere else since things are so bad here.
Have a wonderful night.

02-06-2008, 05:58 AM
Things are not all that bad here. Please don't add words. Patrol is the backbone of the agency, period. We are facing the prospect of losing manpower. While I doubt we will loose any sworn positions, it is very likely several more non-sworn people will be gone, and those duties will be filled by someone. As long as the public and County leaders can see extra manpower allotted to a single mission, there is no reason for them to believe we are facing a shortage. I'm not going anywhere. I actually like my job, and I have no agenda against the current Sheriff. Where the public and County leaders are concerned, appearances mean everything, and as long as it appears we have plenty of people, we will have no outside support for anything extra. Yes, I am in patrol, but don't assume my entire career has been spent there, as it can be very career enhancing to obtain varied experience.

02-06-2008, 08:57 PM
The sheriff making comments about guys butts? Get real folks. It takes a real genius to think that. Someone must be jealous.

02-06-2008, 10:54 PM
You think it is ridiculous now; just wait until election time gets closer. You will have good hunting buddies squaring off anonymously against each other here in the forum.

02-08-2008, 02:32 AM
So, I guess maybe they could have done it without a Spanish speaker? Yeah, that would go by real fast. Maybe they should have picked you so you wouldn't be so obviously jealous, or do you not speak Spanish? I sure don't. I guess them being proactive is going to cut in to your time hanging out at the Tom Thumb trying to get some clerk nookie?
Of course, if I had been picked, someone would accuse me of being "fine". Been a long time since that happened............

Obviously female. And obviously not working patrol from your other posts. Hmmmm.

02-10-2008, 10:12 AM
Now why did you have to go and post something like that? Are you saying that females are the only ones that get jealous? HA HA HA you are killing me!!! I know for a fact we have alot of men around here that cry and complain about how horrible things are. Grow up people. Last time I checked we all are on the same team and have the same abilities. Leave gender out of it. If your a whiner your whiner regardless of your gender. JUST DO YOUR JOBS FOR A CHAGE and stop worrying about what everyone else. You have to give to get. Think about the deputies that were assigned to Aim. They go above and beyond. That is why they stand out. Try it you might like it.

02-11-2008, 04:10 AM
I didn't see that as a gender slam.

02-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Being new to this forum, I am not familiar with one abbreviation -

What does AIM stand for ?

02-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Aholes In Milton ???

02-11-2008, 10:02 PM

Area Impact Management

Dr Pepper
02-11-2008, 10:05 PM

The AIM Unit (Area Impact Management), a 7 member multi-lingual task force dealing specifically with citizen complaints of undocumented workers

http://www.santarosasheriff.org/

02-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Given that the sheriff is complaining about the impact of Amendment 1 on his budget and consistently says that he will have to cut services you have to ask the question of resources and perception.

If Amendment 1 truly will impact the department budget then adding in special task forces to spend time pursuing non-violent offenders implies that the Sheriff has plenty of money in his budget and that the cuts he complains about that supposedly will be required will have no impact on the ability of the department to patrol and police.

Or you can ask the question is the AIM task force simply a re-election tool?

A cynic would ask why "now"? 2006/2007 had roughly the same number of illegals and roughly the same crime statistics. Oh, but wait, 2008 is an election year.

So, follow fashion, get your name in the paper, appeal to the bottom line xenophobia and collect contributions all in the name of law enforcement.

Just a thought.

DDG
02-12-2008, 03:59 PM
J5, i agree with you... to me it appears that the "undocumented alien workers" are more of a Federal Social Security Administartion issue than a local Sheriffs Office issue, i can tell you that whenever we arrest an illegal, the Feds refuse to take the illegal afetr the court process and if you find illegals on the street and you dont have charges to file, they tell you to turn them loose.

sounds like grand standing.... wonder if Randle might start cracking down on the same in gulf breeze with all the mexican workers building the new publix???

if i was Sheriff Hall, i would worry more about busting all the "UNDOCUMENTED METH LABS" in my county... just food for thought

02-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Wadda ya think this thing is about? Go to a chinese resturaunt, the employees cant speak english. When are you going to nail them shurf? Ah, its nothing but politics.

02-12-2008, 07:22 PM
DDG,
I agree 100%.
Meth is a very distinct local problem and one that impacts kids and our community.
The guy laying sod or cooking my taco or making my Chinese dinner is a federal problem.
No, let me rephrase that. It is our problem because ICE won't take ownership of the issue. It becomes our problem out of voter frustration.

My biggest problem is with the sheriff saying on one hand he has to cut, cut, cut and on the other pursuing arrests that get his name in the paper.

I'd rather have one of those deputies patrolling my community, talking to kids, preventing crime. I'd much rather see the low life dealing drugs arrested than the cook at some restaurant being arrested. Spend my tax dollars wisely, not politically.

Identity theft and immigration are federal issues. Of course they require local intervention, help, management. If it is an issue then lets go back to the feds and ask for funding.

02-12-2008, 08:18 PM
The Sheriff didn't seem to have a problem with undocumented workers working on re-building the Sheriff's Office and Jail after Hurricane Ivan. I wonder how many were scrubbing his office, putting the roof back on and things like that? Guess he didn't want to be "trailer trash" any longer than necessary?
How about the Chinese pilot for the jet ranger he flew around in just after Ivan? Wonder if he had his papers in order? :?

DDG
02-12-2008, 09:24 PM
You mean the pilot that was wanted by the FBI??? the one that was Armed by the Sheriffs Office? The one in the stolen helicopter??? that one?

02-13-2008, 03:56 AM
You mean the pilot that was wanted by the FBI??? the one that was Armed by the Sheriffs Office? The one in the stolen helicopter??? that one?

I don't know about "stolen", but rented under fraudlent circumstances anyway. That would be the one.

02-13-2008, 05:36 PM
J5, i agree with you... to me it appears that the "undocumented alien workers" are more of a Federal Social Security Administartion issue than a local Sheriffs Office issue, i can tell you that whenever we arrest an illegal, the Feds refuse to take the illegal afetr the court process and if you find illegals on the street and you dont have charges to file, they tell you to turn them loose.

sounds like grand standing.... wonder if Randle might start cracking down on the same in gulf breeze with all the mexican workers building the new publix???

if i was Sheriff Hall, i would worry more about busting all the "UNDOCUMENTED METH LABS" in my county... just food for thought

I'm wondering what will happen when the business owners get busted (or if they do) for not having worker's compensation coverage for the illegals. Will that be a "Business Owner Roundup?"

02-13-2008, 09:23 PM
Just in case there are citizens in here reading the rantings of disgruntled employees, please know that all but one of the deputies assigned to the AIM project do not regularly "patrol" the streets. The deputies on that task force are from Traffic, GPS, Narcotics, etc. The only deputy "taken off the street" was a Spanish-speaker out of Gulf Breeze.

They did not get raises to be on that team. And, seriously, does it really matter what the reasoning is for starting this task force? The public hasn't been responding well to it anyway, so who cares if WH is doing it for re-election purposes. It's probably going to backfire.

So stop hating on the "dream team." They didn't audition for it - they are all just hard workers.

02-13-2008, 10:16 PM
I'm not "hating" on the so called dream team.
Is taking an officer from narcotics to pursue an immigration issue the best use of that officer?
Is immigration a priority of the SRCSO?
I might have missed something about securing borders and all of that in the county charter.
Come on, just admit it is political grandstanding.

02-13-2008, 10:31 PM
Why isn't he on it?
http://www.amw.com/allstar/2008/nominee ... fm?id=4772 (http://www.amw.com/allstar/2008/nominee_detail.cfm?id=4772)

02-14-2008, 02:31 AM
Why isn't he on it?
http://www.amw.com/allstar/2008/nominee ... fm?id=4772 (http://www.amw.com/allstar/2008/nominee_detail.cfm?id=4772)

Wow so that's not a joke huh?

02-14-2008, 05:49 AM
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE SHIAZIN ME!!!!! JOKE,JOKE,JOKE, 30 YEAR HOMICIDE ****.......HEARD IT ALL NOW!

02-14-2008, 06:44 AM
I guess the jokes on "America's Most Wanted". It's not a joke posting, he's up for the award. How's he managed to keep clear of the 520 hour light duty policy with all of the surgery? (as if I didn't know the asnwer) :roll:

02-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Now Lt. Impala is soliciting your votes!
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2008 8:35 AM
To: AllSRSOEmployees
Subject: America's Most Wanted All Star Voting Started Today.

If you like to vote, it is open starting today and you can vote each day, either by email or phone text. I think mine is on page 2. Thanks for your support.

http://www.amw.com/allstar/2008/

Lt. Larry Bryant

Special Projects/Fleet

Santa Rosa Sheriff's Ofc

Milton, FL.

000-000-0000 Office

000-000-0000 Cell

000-000-0000 Fax

lbryant@xxxx.net

Phone numbers and e-mail addy's were changed to protect the guilty. 8)

02-19-2008, 10:49 PM
Pull my finger if you want him t be an All Star