PDA

View Full Version : OFFICERS IN NEED OF HELP

02-05-2008, 02:40 AM
It is time to band together and support two of our fellow Officers from Davie PD.
Sgt. Mike Necolettos & Lt. Greg Mize were both fired on 1/9/08, approx. 9 & 12 months each after suffering heart attacks.
Yes, they both had heart attacks and had multiple stents put in their hearts !!!!
The Town of Davie decided they were unfit for duty and could no longer perform the essential functions of a
law enforcement officer. They both received their termination papers in the mail, with approx. 3 days notice to come clean out
their offices and turn in their equipment. Has the Town of Davie ever heard of the Heart Bill ???? We are asking that you pass this along to
as many cops & firefighters and their families as you can. All we are asking is for some support. Please take a few moments
out of your day to email our town council & PD to let them know how appalling this is!! You can obtain their
email addresses at WWW.DAVIE-FL.GOV... (http://WWW.DAVIE-FL.GOV...). We are trying to get the FOP & PBA to help
us get this out there !! The more emails & phone calls the better !! We don't want this to happen to ANYBODY in the future and one
of the ways we can prevent this is by sticking together and standing up for our rights & protections !! If you have any questions,
you can direct them to us through LEO AFFAIRS under Davie PD. Hopefully we will get the city's attention.
THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP IN THIS MATTER!!!!!!!!!
Here is the link to wsvn channel 7 news story:

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI75159/

Here is the link to the sun sentinel article:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... ,6999998.s (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-flbcop0130sbjan30,0,6999998.s) tory

02-05-2008, 05:00 AM
I am just an average Davie citizen, but I would be more than willing to help in protest of Town Hall that is organized. I know many officers and am ashamed of my town government. I have already emailed the town admin, Shinum and have voiced my opinion of him and his decision. I will do all I can to help these 2 Officers

02-05-2008, 05:42 AM
I am just an average Davie citizen, but I would be more than willing to help in protest of Town Hall that is organized. I know many officers and am ashamed of my town government. I have already emailed the town admin, Shinum and have voiced my opinion of him and his decision. I will do all I can to help these 2 OfficersHAS ANYBODY CONTACTED BAILEN FROM D-8? HIM AND THIS GUY DIPIRNA FROM BSO PBA WILL DEFINITELY STAND UP AND GET THESE HELP. BAILEN WORKS ALPHA SHIFT CALL HIM. HIM AND DIPIRNA WILL NEVER TURN THEIR BACK ON ANOTHER COP.

02-05-2008, 12:48 PM
How can this happen? I was a police officer for a city in Broward County and I suffered a heart attack on duty. I have since retired with the city's workers comp carrier being 100% responsible under the police officers heart bill. I did recieve a letter from my chief but it was only an intent to terminate, this letter started the ball rolliing with my retirement. Are these guys in the PBA? Thats where I received my help with everything. I will be happy to share my information with anyone who needs it. I dont want to leave my info unnecessarily but will contact anyone back. I will look for any response on this board.

02-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Please let us know when the next city hall meeting is and if you are planning a protest. Reach out to other FOP's and seek support.
954-527-2606

02-05-2008, 05:10 PM
We appreciate your offer for help and support but our fop will not do anything unless you beg them because they are all supervisors that want to get promoted. Just read the other posts here and its full of excuses for the fop

02-05-2008, 05:17 PM
For right now, letters, emails, & phone calls to city hall & the PD will do.. Hope fully we will be planning something for next months city council meeting where there is open mike night for all Davie residents. With any luck, we can get alot of support from EVERYONE for this!!! We need a big turnout to open up Davie's eyes on this very important & serious matter...

The Sgt. was PBA & FOP, the Lt. was just FOP.

And Retired Officer, you can reach the Sgt. at psu71@bellsouth.net

Thanks in advance

02-10-2008, 03:54 PM
You are not alone. BSO is doing the same thing. They have a guy out after heart surgery in Tamarac that is no longer on workers comp. Will he also be fired when his personal time runs out.

02-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Well, there was another article in today's sun-sentinel - here is the link

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... 7296.story (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-flcwcop0210cwfeb10,0,4307296.story)

Can you believe this administration........ Look out for yourselves guys & gals, because God forbid you get hurt at work or have an injury or illness, you could be next....

02-11-2008, 02:04 AM
Well, there was another article in today's sun-sentinel - here is the link

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... 7296.story (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-flcwcop0210cwfeb10,0,4307296.story)

Can you believe this administration........ Look out for yourselves guys & gals, because God forbid you get hurt at work or have an injury or illness, you could be next....

"Officials with the town's police union, the Fraternal Order of Police, declined to comment."

What a shocker!

02-11-2008, 02:32 AM
Just in case you did not read this the first time.

This is to all the new Davie officers. Pay close attention to this story. Read it more then once. Hopefully you will realize that working hard and dedicating more time then what is necessary to this department will get you nothing. In the end a knife will get shoved in your back. People that you once thought were your friends will turn their backs on you.

Be comfortable being able to stand on your own. Don't be concerned about fitting in with the crowd. Depend on yourself and no one else. That way you will never be let down. Yourself and family always come first. When you retire your family is what you'll have left. Not co-workers.

People training for specialized units and staying late for paperwork without putting in for overtime are only helping the same regime that will not help you in return.

Do your job. Do it right. But don't give this place anything extra. Just give them what is required. Hard work is not rewarded here.

02-12-2008, 01:31 AM
I agree with Kwagmire....... All Davie PD Officers need to ask themselves one important question: What will happen to me if I get injured in the line of duty??????? Could be the result of a car accident, injury during training, or some other health issue................ Will the PD ( & the FOP for that matter) help you?? Isn't HUMAN RESOURCES supposed to help it's employees? I don't think they helped out the Sarge & Lt.......... Protect yourselves.....................

Signaltwenty
02-12-2008, 02:07 AM
I for one would like to see some sort of protest. I will happily carry a sign at the next town hall meeting.

02-13-2008, 01:34 AM
I hope that your guys get what they deserve and stand behind them all the way. But it must be said that the PBA would have never allowed this to happen. The PBA in Pines kept Lynn in check and kept the elected officials happy and on our side.

Whatever happens, we all pray that they will be healthy for a long time and get some kind of money from your city. God Bless.

02-13-2008, 02:11 AM
Guest25 - You hit the nail on the head !!!!!! Our current FOP only cares about our contract and what they can get from the city....... There are a number of Officers who are also PBA members because they know the true value & benefits that they offer......

02-13-2008, 10:34 AM
Guest25 - You hit the nail on the head !!!!!! Our current FOP only cares about our contract and what they can get from the city....... There are a number of Officers who are also PBA members because they know the true value & benefits that they offer......

please..................... get your facts straight first. But then again, you would rather talk first them seek facts

02-13-2008, 08:12 PM
But it must be said that the PBA would have never allowed this to happen.

Hey uninformed, the Sergeant who was fired IS a PBA member and is using them for his legal representation. So, the PBA DID allow this to happen to one of its members. How incredibly stupid are you to think that the PBA can do something magical that the FOP can't or didn't do?? Does Brickman REALLY brainwash you guys that much??? Wake up...

02-14-2008, 12:06 AM
But it must be said that the PBA would have never allowed this to happen.

Hey uninformed, the Sergeant who was fired IS a PBA member and is using them for his legal representation. So, the PBA DID allow this to happen to one of its members. How incredibly stupid are you to think that the PBA can do something magical that the FOP can't or didn't do?? Does Brickman REALLY brainwash you guys that much??? Wake up...

WELL SAID.......................................

02-14-2008, 01:49 PM
OPEN PUBLIC SPEAK(3 minutes per person)
Davie Town Council Meeting
Wed., March 6, 2008
6:30 or 7pm(Check Town website under Council Agendas for exact time.
Open Public speak held first council meeting of every month @ beginning of meeting)

FYI - When asked about all the recent firings, forced retirements and separations of employment happening with Davie employees, the
Asst. Town Administrator answers:
"It's all part of Gary's Master Plan"...

BLOG for Article below:

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/south ... AOU1HI601V (http://www.topix.net/forum/source/south-florida-sun-sentinel/TFRF1KTAOU1HI601V)

sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-flcwcop0210cwfeb10,0,4307296.story

South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
Firing of Davie police officers stirs emotions
Dispute in Davie turns up in the national spotlight
By Susannah Bryan

South Florida Sun-Sentinel

February 10, 2008

The town's firing of two police officers with heart disease has angered residents, garnered national attention and put Town Administrator Gary Shimun on the defensive.

Sgt. Mike Necolettos said he was fired on Jan. 9 because of a heart attack he had while on duty in May. His boss, Lt. Greg Mize, was fired the same day, after suffering several heart attacks.

The story, broken by the South Florida Sun-Sentinel last month, was picked up by WSVN-Ch. 7, CNN and MSNBC, whose Keith Olbermann declared Davie one of the "worst persons in the world" in his Countdown newscast.

The story has even made its way to Youtube.com, with a man calling himself "Preacher James" asking whether the town's mayor, police chief and town administrator can "sleep at night."

Mayor Tom Truex, who did not have a say in the dismissals, said the town was unable to publicly defend its position due to privacy laws.

"There is more than meets the eye to this," Truex said, declining to elaborate.

Necolettos, 37, has filed a grievance with the town claiming he was wrongfully terminated.

Officials with the town's police union, the Fraternal Order of Police, declined to comment.

"We're not going to debate this in the public or the newspaper," town spokesman Braulio Rosa said on behalf of Shimun. "We're confident in our position."

Florida law presumes police officers and firefighters with heart disease got it from on-the-job stress. The same law requires cities and counties to pay workers' comp and retirement benefits to officers and firefighters with heart-related illnesses.

The town administrator has declined to speak to reporters but did write to one resident angered by the dismissals.

On Feb. 1, town activist Karen Stenzel-Nowicki sent an e-mail to the Town Council with a link to the MSNBC video clip of Countdown with Keith Olbermann.

Shimun replied via e-mail the same day, telling Stenzel-Nowicki she did not have all the facts. In the e-mail, Shimun accuses Necolettos of being uncooperative and refusing to apply for workers' compensation benefits or see a workers' compensation doctor.

Stenzel-Nowicki forwarded Shimun's e-mail to the council and Necolettos' attorney.

Necolettos, who was being treated by a workers' comp doctor at the time of his dismissal, said he was flabbergasted by the e-mail. "There's nothing that could be further from the truth," he said.

The town had voluntarily provided Necolettos with workers' comp benefits when he first became sick, he said. Those benefits stopped coming in August, the day after the town lost a court hearing trying to force him to get an independent evaluation from a Vero Beach doctor, he said.

Necolettos objected to traveling so far and thought the town was trying to prove his condition was not work-related to avoid paying benefits.

Necolettos filed a claim in September to have his workers' comp benefits reinstated, said his West Palm Beach attorney, Robert Winess. The case is set for trial in October.

Most police officers who can no longer do the job are given time to apply for disability pensions rather than being fired and left with no health insurance or workers' comp benefits, said David Murrell, executive director of the Florida Police Benevolent Association.

Necolettos said he had hoped to return to work after recovering from his heart attack. In October, the father of three returned to light duty with his doctor's OK. But in November, still feeling lousy, he stopped work and checked into the hospital to find out why his blood pressure remained high.

In December, he requested a return to light duty, but the town turned him down. About a week later, he got a letter from then-Human Resources Director Mark Alan firing him.

Necolettos began receiving long-term disability after his worker's comp benefits were stopped in August. The disability payments bring in slightly more than half of his regular paycheck.

In the meantime, he hopes to receive an in-line-of-duty disability pension. A decision by the town's pension board is three months away.

Susannah Bryan can be reached at sbryan@sun-sentinel.com or 954-385-7929.

Copyright © 2008, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

02-14-2008, 02:03 PM
The true and correct body of the e-mail sent to the longtime Davie Resident and Property Owner:

You would be a far more effective advocate if you actually took the time to learn the facts before you opened your mouth.
The officer in question has been receiving monetary compensation and benefits for the last nine months, but has refused to apply for worker's compensation, see a worker's compensation doctor, or turn over his medical records to the worker's compensation review board. In the opinion of the human resources director and the risk manager our action was the only way break this deadlock and move this issue to resolution.
As you will note from the newspaper article, he is now applying for his benefits under worker's compensation. Our decision obviously helped facilitate this appropriate result. The taxpayers of the Town of Davie pay for worker's compensation insurance on behalf of the employee. Its purpose is to insure the employee's financial security when a situation just like this one occurs. We have always fully supported his application for and receipt of this benefit.
State and Federal laws prohibit the Town from discussing an employee's medical history, and that puts us at a distinct disadvantage when publicly discussing individual cases. Suffice it to say that the article written was decidedly one sided, and did not highlight the employee's uncooperative and adversarial posture. However, should the employee choose to file a lawsuit, we will be more fully able to explore his reasons for not wanting to cooperate. We welcome that opportunity.
I trust you can understand that there are two sides to every story.
Sincerely,
Gary Shimun
Town Administrator

02-14-2008, 10:21 PM
Wed., March 6, 2008
Open Public speak held first council meeting of every month @ beginning of meeting)

FYI - When asked about all the recent firings, forced retirements and separations of employment happening with Davie employees, the

BLOG for Article below:

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/south ... AOU1HI601V (http://www.topix.net/forum/source/south-florida-sun-sentinel/TFRF1KTAOU1HI601V)

By Susannah Bryan

February 10, 2008

The town's firing of two police officers with heart disease has angered residents, garnered national attention and put Town Administrator Gary Shimun on the defensive.

Sgt. Mike Necolettos said he was fired on Jan. 9 because of a heart attack he had while on duty in May. His boss, Lt. Greg Mize, was fired the same day, after suffering several heart attacks.

The story, broken by the South Florida Sun-Sentinel last month, was picked up by WSVN-Ch. 7, CNN and MSNBC, whose Keith Olbermann declared Davie one of the "worst persons in the world" in his Countdown newscast.

The story has even made its way to Youtube.com, with a man calling himself "Preacher James" asking whether the town's mayor, police chief and town administrator can "sleep at night."

Mayor Tom Truex, who did not have a say in the dismissals, said the town was unable to publicly defend its position due to privacy laws.

Necolettos, 37, has filed a grievance with the town claiming he was wrongfully terminated.

Officials with the town's police union, the Fraternal Order of Police, declined to comment.

"We're not going to debate this in the public or the newspaper," town spokesman Braulio Rosa said on behalf of Shimun. "We're confident in our position."

Florida law presumes police officers and firefighters with heart disease got it from on-the-job stress. The same law requires cities and counties to pay workers' comp and retirement benefits to officers and firefighters with heart-related illnesses.

The town administrator has declined to speak to reporters but did write to one resident angered by the dismissals.

On Feb. 1, town activist Karen Stenzel-Nowicki sent an e-mail to the Town Council with a link to the MSNBC video clip of Countdown with Keith Olbermann.

Shimun replied via e-mail the same day, telling Stenzel-Nowicki she did not have all the facts. In the e-mail, Shimun accuses Necolettos of being uncooperative and refusing to apply for workers' compensation benefits or see a workers' compensation doctor.

Stenzel-Nowicki forwarded Shimun's e-mail to the council and Necolettos' attorney.

Necolettos, who was being treated by a workers' comp doctor at the time of his dismissal, said he was flabbergasted by the e-mail. "There's nothing that could be further from the truth," he said.

The town had voluntarily provided Necolettos with workers' comp benefits when he first became sick, he said. Those benefits stopped coming in August, the day after the town lost a court hearing trying to force him to get an independent evaluation from a Vero Beach doctor, he said.

Necolettos objected to traveling so far and thought the town was trying to prove his condition was not work-related to avoid paying benefits.

Necolettos filed a claim in September to have his workers' comp benefits reinstated, said his West Palm Beach attorney, Robert Winess. The case is set for trial in October.

Most police officers who can no longer do the job are given time to apply for disability pensions rather than being fired and left with no health insurance or workers' comp benefits, said David Murrell, executive director of the Florida Police Benevolent Association.

Necolettos said he had hoped to return to work after recovering from his heart attack. In October, the father of three returned to light duty with his doctor's OK. But in November, still feeling lousy, he stopped work and checked into the hospital to find out why his blood pressure remained high.

In December, he requested a return to light duty, but the town turned him down. About a week later, he got a letter from then-Human Resources Director Mark Alan firing him.

Necolettos began receiving long-term disability after his worker's comp benefits were stopped in August. The disability payments bring in slightly more than half of his regular paycheck.

In the meantime, he hopes to receive an in-line-of-duty disability pension. A decision by the town's pension board is three months away.

FINALLY, the Voice of reason. Thank you

02-15-2008, 05:12 AM
It is my understanding that the FOP is going to be organizing a gathering of PD personnel and their families and will attempt to get the FD there as well. It is set for Wed. March 5 at Town Hall - if you are a resident, you will have 3 minutes to speak if you would like to... We will be asking for everyone's help in showing up for this.. Please give 1 hour of your time to help out these Officers... It is time to take a stand - it could very easily happen to you..

More to come...... Please get the word out to all neighboring agencies, friends, & family...

Signaltwenty
02-15-2008, 05:32 AM
I will be there, and since I AM a Town resident, I will take my three minutes to voice my opinion on this matter.

02-15-2008, 12:07 PM
CORRECTION:

Davie Council Meeting
Wed., March 5, 2008 (Not Match 6, 2008 as listed below)
Sorry for the error & any inconvenience this may have caused)

Wed., March 6, 2008

BLOG for Article below:

By Susannah Bryan

February 10, 2008

02-16-2008, 02:13 AM
Was there any medical reason both YOUNG guys were having heart attacks? Not asking for their medical history or asking to violate any HIPA laws, but such a young age. From what I heard both are in pretty good shape and appear to be healthy? Anything that both guys have in common? Hopefully the union /fellow cops/good lawyers get the job done. Good luck guys!!

02-16-2008, 02:18 AM
I was recently told by a family member who works in the P.D. that both officers medical issues may be related to job stress and other pre-existing issues. Is that covered by your dept?

02-16-2008, 02:22 AM
Yes Davie Citizen - it is PRESUMED that a heart related injury or illness is caused because of the job... IT is FSS 112, also called the heart bill. As long as your pre-employment physical was clear, the burden is on the city to prove otherwise. It is state law and should be covered, so that is why everyone is scratching their head and wondering what the hell the city is doing. Just give them their medical and their disability pension, and move on..... Don't keeo dragging them through all this un-needed BS..

02-16-2008, 02:20 PM
I just wish the FOP stepped up sooner rather than waiting until the national media had to report this terrible story. Maybe someday the FOP will stop worrying just about the contract, which is very important, and intervene for its membership.

02-16-2008, 03:20 PM
I just wish the FOP stepped up sooner rather than waiting until the national media had to report this terrible story. Maybe someday the FOP will stop worrying just about the contract, which is very important, and intervene for its membership.

So you wished that the FOP had intercepted the termination letters while they were in the mail? They're being represented. They're big boys. Both of them know what they're doing.

02-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Yes they are both big boys as you say, but the FOP does need to be a little more proactive ..... especially in matters that are as important as this and have a direct impact on every single member of the PD !!! I bet if you ask either of the fired supervisors if, @ 1 year ago, that they would be in this position, I think they would say no..... But here WE are all are, and we need to help pave the way so this does not happen again to ANYONE IN ANY DEPARTMENT...... Our job is tough enough as it is without having to worry about BS like this....

02-16-2008, 04:13 PM
Anything that both guys have in common? Hopefully the union /fellow cops/good lawyers get the job done. Good luck guys!!

Well, for one, they were both good cops/supervisors in a highly stressful job made even more stressful by the administrative regime that is "in power"...

02-16-2008, 06:09 PM
FYI-
Anyone can speak @ Open Public Speak, not just Davie Resdients.
Just fill out a form in the antiroom of Council Chambers & give it to the Town Clerk.
The only time you can't speak @ Open Speak is when a particular issue is agendized on that night's agenda. Then you have to wait until the item
is heard by council in order to speak.

ALSO:
You need to demand the immediate resignation and/or firing of the Town Administrator without his severance or benefits. Let him sue the Town like all our employees have been forced to do, due to his actions.
Remember, when asked why the TA is taking these actions the Asst.
Town Administrator tells staff, "It's all part of Gary's Master Plan"....
YOU NEED TO BE SURE TO GET RID OF THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEMS AND POOR DECISION MAKING OF THE "HATCHET MAN"....Just do a search & you will see he is hired by municipalities who go from a strong mayor form of govt. to a city manager form of govt., to
"streamline" the local local govt. and its depts. & deal with personnel accordingly...
THAT IS WHAT THE DAVIE COUNCIL HIRED TO RUN THE TOWN"

Best Wishes & I hope I have been of some small help to our community & all those who have been impacted by these type of actions!

THERE IS STRENGTH IN NUMBERS...BE AT THE 1ST MEETING IN MARCH FOR OPEN SPEAK & LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD! (It could be your
municipality and your job & family next!)

CORRECTION:

Davie Council Meeting

Wed., March 6, 2008

BLOG for Article below:

By Susannah Bryan

February 10, 2008

02-16-2008, 10:42 PM
Thank you community for the clarification on who can speak - and yes - WE NEED A STRONG SHOWING FOR THIS....... PLEASE PASS THE WORD AROUND TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE...... THE TOWN COUNCIL HAS TO ALSO BE AWARE THAT THEY ARE ALSO ACCOUNTABLE.....

MAKE YOUR VOICE BE HEARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU

02-27-2008, 12:30 AM
I am a citizen of the Town and I am planning on attending the Town Hall meeting. I am curious if the TA will be there, and if the Council would have someone removed for something they have printed on a T-shirt. I ask because I have been trying to figure out something to have printed on a shirt that is NOT vulgar, yet gets a point across. I have thought of something to the effect of calling the town Pembroke Pines newest annex. If someone has any ideas, please post them, and lets have a HUGE turnout of everyone in support of these officers.

02-27-2008, 12:32 AM
I am a citizen of the Town and I am planning on attending the Town Hall meeting. I am curious if the TA will be there, and if the Council would have someone removed for something they have printed on a T-shirt. I ask because I have been trying to figure out something to have printed on a shirt that is NOT vulgar, yet gets a point across. I have thought of something to the effect of calling the town Pembroke Pines newest annex. If someone has any ideas, please post them, and lets have a HUGE turnout of everyone in support of these officers.

In the immortal words of Michael Jackson, "I'll be there."

02-27-2008, 01:26 AM
I will definitely be there...... I think the best thing we can do to get our point across is to show up in large numbers........

And yes, TA - Shimun will be there, as well as the Police Chief, and the Town council..... Continue to spread the word........

Only an hour or so out of your day!!!! Thankssssssss.................

:)

02-27-2008, 01:30 AM
Davie - the city without a heart !!!!

02-27-2008, 01:08 PM
Davie - We love horses more then our employee's.

02-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Davie - Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Try to be more like that clock.

02-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Davie - Chance Ransom may visit your city some day. Try not to f--- that up for all of us.

03-03-2008, 01:20 PM
REMEMBER
WED. March 5, 2008 @ 7pm
DAVIE TOWN MOUNCIL MEETING
Town Hall, Orange Dr., Davie, FL
Open Public Speak
(Beginning of Meeting) www.davie-fl.gov (http://www.davie-fl.gov)
Go to the Town Council Agendas Link to review/get the agenda
GET THERE EARLY TO GET A SEAT! COUNCIL CHAMBER IS SMALL!
Anyone can speak 3 minutes on this & demand answers as well as the immediate resignation or termination of the Town Administrator who
is responsible for this and many other termination of town employees recently! Fill out a form in the front anti-room & give it to the Town Clerk when you go up to speak. (If they run out of forms, that's ok.
You need to state your name, where you're from or who you represent anyway.)

PLEASE HELP YOUR FELLOW LEOS! THIS PROBLEM IS BECOMING MORE AND MORE COMMON IN LAW ENFORCEMENT & FIRE DEPTS, EMS.
NOT WANTING TO PAY BENEFITS, SALARY, WC, DBL, ETC., SO JUST FIRE THE EMPLOYEES!
In researching the Town of Davie regarding this, the Town Administrator DID NOT even consult the Town Attorney prior to taking this action via the HR Director & his Asst.,who both resigned 3 days after these two terminations!

HEART ATTACK wrote:
It is time to band together and support two of our fellow Officers from Davie PD.
Sgt. Mike Necolettos & Lt. Greg Mize were both fired on 1/9/08, approx. 9 & 12 months each after suffering heart attacks.
Yes, they both had heart attacks and had multiple stents put in their hearts !!!!
The Town of Davie decided they were unfit for duty and could no longer perform the essential functions of a
law enforcement officer. They both received their termination papers in the mail, with approx. 3 days notice to come clean out
their offices and turn in their equipment. Has the Town of Davie ever heard of the Heart Bill ???? We are asking that you pass this along to
as many cops & firefighters and their families as you can. All we are asking is for some support. Please take a few moments
out of your day to email our town council & PD to let them know how appalling this is!! You can obtain their
email addresses at WWW.DAVIE-FL.GOV... (http://WWW.DAVIE-FL.GOV...). We are trying to get the FOP & PBA to help
us get this out there !! The more emails & phone calls the better !! We don't want this to happen to ANYBODY in the future and one
of the ways we can prevent this is by sticking together and standing up for our rights & protections !! If you have any questions,
you can direct them to us through LEO AFFAIRS under Davie PD. Hopefully we will get the city's attention.
THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP IN THIS MATTER!!!!!!!!!
Here is the link to wsvn channel 7 news story:

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI75159/

Here is the link to the sun sentinel article:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... ,6999998.s (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-flbcop0130sbjan30,0,6999998.s) tory

FYI-
Anyone can speak @ Open Public Speak, not just Davie Residents.
Just fill out a form in the antiroom of Council Chambers & give it to the Town Clerk.
The only time you can't speak @ Open Speak is when a particular issue is agendized on that night's agenda. Then you have to wait until the item
is heard by council in order to speak.

ALSO:
You need to demand the immediate resignation and/or firing of the Town Administrator without his severance or benefits. Let him sue the Town like all our employees have been forced to do, due to his actions.
Remember, when asked why the TA is taking these actions the Asst.
Town Administrator tells staff, "It's all part of Gary's Master Plan"....
YOU NEED TO BE SURE TO GET RID OF THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEMS AND POOR DECISION MAKING OF THE "HATCHET MAN"....Just do a search & you will see he is hired by municipalities who go from a strong mayor form of govt. to a city manager form of govt., to
"streamline" the local local govt. and its depts. & deal with personnel accordingly...
THAT IS WHAT THE DAVIE COUNCIL HIRED TO RUN THE TOWN"

Best Wishes & I hope I have been of some small help to our community & all those who have been impacted by these type of actions!

THERE IS STRENGTH IN NUMBERS...BE AT THE 1ST MEETING IN MARCH FOR OPEN SPEAK & LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD! (It could be your
municipality and your job & family next!)

CORRECTION:

Davie Council Meeting

Wed., March 6, 2008

BLOG for Article below:

By Susannah Bryan

February 10, 2008

03-03-2008, 06:23 PM
Thanks again community for your help with this.....

I do know that Sgt. Necolettos will be at this meeting to openly speak to the Town Council....

Spread the word.....

03-04-2008, 02:35 AM
Will the fop board members speak out and openly attack the town adm and council??

03-04-2008, 04:45 AM
The FOP - probably not !!! But you never know - miracles happen....... Let's just see how many guys & gals show up.......

Watch out Mr Shimun....

03-04-2008, 09:48 PM
Will the fop board members speak out and openly attack the town adm and council??

Speak out and openly attack? You must be kidding. They are all too afraid of not getting promoted. Thats what happens when the board is 90% supervisors. Where were they when this should have been done a few weeks ago at the last council meeting? Oh, thats right they were all in Nashville on vacation at the union's expense.

03-04-2008, 11:09 PM
THIS IS THE CHANCE THEY HAVE TO STEP UP AND REPRESENT THE FOP AND THEMSELVES. THEY ALL DONT NEED TO ATTACK THE COUNCIL JUST THE TOWN ADMIN.
IF NOT, I CAN ALREADY GUESS WHAT THE EXCUSES WILL BE "I DIDNT GET A CHANCE"... "I THOUGHT SO AND SO WAS GOING TO..." I SPRAINED MY ANKLE"

03-05-2008, 01:35 AM
Why do you keep bashing the unions? I bet you never asked the 2 officers that got fired for heart attacks if the union helped them.... I have asked.... and the FOP and the PBA helped..... Could anyone be distorting the facts to suit their own agenda... Stop and think!!!!!!

03-05-2008, 02:44 AM
Its about time!!!!!! I have spoken to both officers and they are very happy with their prospective Unions. I understand both Unions have been helpful!!! In order to qualify for the "Heart Bill" one must suffer a catastrophic injury and not be able to work again. The doctors are the ones who make the prognois of a catastrophic injury not the City Commission or the Town Administrator. Has anyone directly or indirectly spoken to the officers who were terminated to get any feedback?

03-07-2008, 01:20 AM
WOW - obviously our FOP Pres skipped this course in all of his higher education classes..... That was an embarrassment watching him speak to the Town Council...... Don't think he will be our PIO anytime soon...

03-07-2008, 02:09 AM
How do you defend a guy who wont give up his medical records?

03-07-2008, 02:34 AM
How do you defend a guy who wont give up his medical records?

How can Chief Lynn defend the firing of these two officers. Ihear he did worse things in Pines. A vote of no confidnece would help also.

03-07-2008, 02:41 AM
Chief Lynn arrived as these two got fired. He had nothing to do with it. Ask around !!! Only 30 people showed up. Sgt. Nick can now go run his limo buisness on his own time and not on our time... This case is closed !!!
Why is he crying anyway.... He got the same thing Lt. Mize got.

03-07-2008, 11:29 PM
What about Sgt. N's attorney? Why is Sgt. N. Crying,,,,,, He has a PBA attorney !! Boy that guy did a great job! LOL..... Learn the Heart and Lung Bill and THEN WE WILL TALK.... UNTIL THEN JUST DRIVE YOUR LIMO"S !!

03-08-2008, 01:09 AM
I know an agency on the beach thats hiring. h=He has friends there.

03-08-2008, 02:10 AM
What deal did Mize get?

03-08-2008, 02:39 AM
He got fired !! Moron !!!

03-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Amazing - all of you who sign on as "guest"....

You really have no balls or integrity.... Instead of attacking these two guys, you hide, like always, behind anonymous screen names... If you were at the union meeting (like I was), Sgt.N showed up to ask for support and field questions from those in attendance to clear up any misconceptions out there... Guess you were too busy bashing people on here to show up...

Also, you say how do you defend a guy who refuses to give up his medical records?? Guess you missed the town council meeting also... He did turn over his medical records stupid!!! It is standard procedure in any workers comp case to do this......

Then, a buncjh of you attack his limo business... How many guys that are cops & firefighters have side businesses - whether it be pool cleaning, cutting grass, selling mona vie, real estate, or limos.... Because these guys choose to make money this way instead of staying ina uniform all week or night at a detail, don't be jealous.....

And lastly, I don;t think Sgt. N was crying one bit.... He simply stated the facts and punked out Shimun for HIS lies.....

Please educate yourself.....

03-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Now that you educated us, go read the Heart Bill... Dont talk to us again until you become educated in this. You just answered the big question. : DEFINE CATASTROPHIC... DID THEIR DOCTORS SAY THEY WERE CATASROPHIC..... IT'S IN THE MEDICAL REPORTS THAT THE DOCTORS COMPLETE... THINNNNNNNK !!!!!!! WHAT DID THE MEDICAL RECORDS SAY.

03-08-2008, 04:24 PM

You really have no balls or integrity.... Instead of attacking these two guys, you hide, like always, behind anonymous screen names... If you were at the union meeting (like I was), Sgt.N showed up to ask for support and field questions from those in attendance to clear up any misconceptions out there... Guess you were too busy bashing people on here to show up...

Also, you say how do you defend a guy who refuses to give up his medical records?? Guess you missed the town council meeting also... He did turn over his medical records stupid!!! It is standard procedure in any workers comp case to do this......

Then, a buncjh of you attack his limo business... How many guys that are cops & firefighters have side businesses - whether it be pool cleaning, cutting grass, selling mona vie, real estate, or limos.... Because these guys choose to make money this way instead of staying ina uniform all week or night at a detail, don't be jealous.....

And lastly, I don;t think Sgt. N was crying one bit.... He simply stated the facts and punked out Shimun for HIS lies.....

Please educate yourself.....

You blast us for signing on as "guest", yet your name of "tough guys" is just as anonymous

03-08-2008, 04:45 PM
A word of thanks for all the officers, employees, LEOS from other depts, Fire Rescue, citizens, etc. who took the time to attend the 3/5/08 Council Meeting.

Continue to stand together and rally against this type of action by government.

This is a problem occurring everywhere. And, it is more prevalent than anyone realizes.

These type of actions affect everyone. The officers, their families, the community and government itself.

When these problems happen, First Responders need to know they are protected and that they and their families will be made whole.

Continue to stand firm.

"DO THE PETITION DIET, LOSE SHIMUN"

03-08-2008, 04:58 PM
We like Shimun. He gave us a great contract and has gotten rid of people who were dead wood. We had officers sitting home for years for different reasons!
Sometimes change is hard but needed!!

03-08-2008, 08:15 PM

Well, why don't you identify yourself, if you're going to punk other people out, "tough guy"??? Probably because YOU'RE just like the people you're talking crap about...................

03-09-2008, 04:36 AM
A word of thanks for all the officers, employees, LEOS from other depts, Fire Rescue, citizens, etc. who took the time to attend the 3/5/08 Council Meeting.

Continue to stand together and rally against this type of action by government.

This is a problem occurring everywhere. And, it is more prevalent than anyone realizes.

These type of actions affect everyone. The officers, their families, the community and government itself.

When these problems happen, First Responders need to know they are protected and that they and their families will be made whole.

Continue to stand firm.

"DO THE PETITION DIET, LOSE SHIMUN"

and a vote of no confidence for Pat Lynn

03-09-2008, 10:25 PM
What has Chief Lynn done wrong? We did a vote several months ago.... GROW UP>>>> NO JUST QUIT