PDA

View Full Version : A public apology

02-05-2008, 12:35 AM
Well, now that the IA is complete I think it is time that your mayor called Officer Matthew Parco and apologized to HIM for the way the mayor refused to stand by his employee. I realize it was an election year and all..but the way the mayor handled is unacceptable. Any leader worth anything knows you need to stand by your troops until it is PROVEN that they were wrong.

So, will he do the right thing and apologize, even privately or through an E-mail? I doubt it...but for what its worth I am glad that Ofc Parco was proven in the right.

02-05-2008, 01:19 AM
And the other officers (supposed, that is) that were on this board bashing him, they should apologize, too.

It's so easy to pop on here, spout off what you would do, how you would handle it, how YOU would do it differently when you weren't there, all under the anonymity of this board.

I did not read the IA findings yet, but stood by him all the way because ANY ONE OF YOU could've been in this exact situation and did the same thing, and been vilified in the public eye.

Cops are real people with families and perhaps read this board, or get wind of the lack of support. Next time, and there will be a next time, let's stand behind our brother!

btw, DS GREAT speech at the banquet. :wink:

02-05-2008, 01:31 PM
I agree with the other posters. There are always two sides to a story and as LEO we are usually not able to give our side in the public. All those who bashed in the onset (who are LEO) should have reserved coment as you know the media will only report what they want. If you have been in law enforcement for some time you know the media usually does not report all the facts, even when they have them all.

02-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Applications are now being accepted for the newly formed CPD " Granny Squad". This newly formed division will be headed by the senior citizen chief who will step down to get this division up and running. In an unprecedented move Officer Parco will be promoted to captain and assume the number 2 position. The CPDGS will lease space at “Top of the World”. Key interests for squad will be to finally put to rest illegal shuffleboard gambling, minimum speed violations, and slowing moving through fast food drive thru’s. F.E. will again be promoted to sergeant to take a position they think they can handle. Interviews for the remaining 5 positions will start immediately.

02-05-2008, 02:58 PM
First off, Wiseguy you're an idiot. Second, just because you're an old lady, it doesn't give you the right to do what ever the heck you want. If an officer asks you to move, you move. It's that simple. I am glad the officer was cleared in the IA. I thought from the get go that he would have been.

02-05-2008, 04:44 PM
First off, Wiseguy you're an idiot. Second, just because you're an old lady, it doesn't give you the right to do what ever the heck you want. If an officer asks you to move, you move. It's that simple. I am glad the officer was cleared in the IA. I thought from the get go that he would have been.

I never even mentioned any offense...CAN YOU READ!!

02-07-2008, 03:32 AM
In light of the new information and the completed IA investigation, Officer Parco acted properly, legally and with good judgement and common sense. The first information available about this incident left a lot of meaningful details out. Unfortunately, the initial story was terrible PR for him, the dept. and county law enforcement overall. At least the Times printed the second article in a prominent place with the pertinent details instead or burying a paragraph on the back page.

Jail ol' timer

02-08-2008, 04:47 AM
A lot of you need your head examined. First off, did any of you think that this lady was in line minding her own business and waiting for her food. She pulled forward per instructions of the drive-thru attendant. Officer behind her is waiting,he then becomes impatient blows on horn and exits his car while using gruff tone per witness. Ok stop. Atthis point no Mcdonalds employees have witnessed anything as they are inside. Further,not responding to a call, no emergency, he was waiting in line like regular joe citizen. Here is his problem no offense has occured nothing nadda, the only problem was he is aggitated,things are taking too long, let me get out and show my authority. Then things take a turn for the worst, citizen is now being harrased becomes aggitated witnesses now start paying attention and things are out of control. So my friends did he act responsibily or was he aggitated that he had to wait and in essence cause the situation to escalate. You make the call!!!

02-08-2008, 01:27 PM
I agree with you. Although Parco was cleared does not mean he still did not bully the woman. If he just went around her or politely asked her to pull up just a bit more, this would not have happened. Now lets concentrate on abolishing the city of the NO TAX PAYING SIGNO'S :shock:

02-08-2008, 09:41 PM
I am sorry, but you are incorrect. That woman you call a lady is far from that. She is my neighbor and is a racist angry bitter woman. She has called my grand children the "N" word and is a burden on society. My grandchildren are under four years old and do not deserve to see that kind of conduct by the elderly. That Officer did all that he could, and I feel sorry for him for having to deal with her. My neighborhood is attempting to remove her via code enforcment issues and association dues, but it takes a long time to process.

02-08-2008, 10:23 PM
I am sorry, but you are incorrect. That woman you call a lady is far from that. She is my neighbor and is a racist angry bitter woman. She has called my grand children the "N" word and is a burden on society. My grandchildren are under four years old and do not deserve to see that kind of conduct by the elderly. That Officer did all that he could, and I feel sorry for him for having to deal with her. My neighborhood is attempting to remove her via code enforcment issues and association dues, but it takes a long time to process.

This is the problem with these postings. What other made up stories are you going to come up with. You are a sad pathetic person to post this garbage. Get a life!

02-08-2008, 10:31 PM
I wonder if guest is the grandson.....YOU get a life!

02-08-2008, 11:53 PM
I wonder if guest is the grandson.....YOU get a life!

I wonder if hmmmm is Parco's brother.....

02-10-2008, 03:11 AM
I am glad officer Parco was cleared of any wrong doing. I'm sorry he had to be rung through the mud to get there.

02-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Guest actually makes a good point he should also follow.....Was he there? or is he (Relative) taking the word of the newspaper as what actually happened...The only versions that can be taken into account are those that were there, Ofc. Parco's and the lady....Who last i knew, refused to be interviewed.......You make the call!

What's funny is how the public actually think Officers would even be interested in engaging in this contact....What is to gain with a verbal argument with an eldery person? You make the call!

02-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Parco might have been exonerated....but.... If he had to do it over again... would he?

Its one of those Perception Things...why put yourself through the Gauntlet...and just give granny another few minutes to get her stuff...and leave....even if she is cussing you out...calling you a brat... and getting in to it with her in the drive through asking for ID and stuff......You know she's old as dirt....just run the tag and if its clear and comes back to an old lady..well....there's definately Bigger Fish To Fry.....

Was he in the Right... YES
Was it worth all the Crap....NO

that's all I'm saying.....