PDA

View Full Version : starting pay

02-04-2008, 01:23 AM
I currently work for a PD in northern FLA and my wife and I are considering moving south. Can anyone tell me the pay scale for officer's at your agency....Starting? Sergeant? Lieutenant? Just curious how ya'll compare to others in the area. Any information would be great. Also what retirement package does your agency carry. My agency (city retirement) is currently 20 yrs and out regardless of age with a 3.15 multiplier. Again, any information would be great. Stay Safe!

02-07-2008, 01:12 AM
Starting is not just over 46k yr, topping out around 70k (I don't have the pay scale in front of me) Sgt's - I'm not sure of starting but they top out at 85k. Probably mid 60's to start. Lt's are on their own plan, I have no idea what they make. I would guess that we are now slightly better than average as far as pay.

Pension is currently 25yrs with a 3% multiplier. (That is supposed to be something that is addressed in one way or another in our upcoming contract negotiations.)

Take homes cars after 2yrs.

Ar-15's issued to patrol

lots of different units (some fulltime, some parttime or on call)- K-9, dive, SWAT, traffic, bicycle, marine patrol, DB, segways)

Plenty of offduties and OT to work, especially during the holidays.

02-08-2008, 02:32 AM
Take a good look at what alot of the departments in Dade and Broward offer. Alot of departments have a 20 year and out and others have FRS.

02-08-2008, 02:50 AM
Hey do yourself a favor and stay up North your better off.Better family life.Go to you favorite zoo in northern Fla. you see all the animlas running around.Those are the same citizens that live in Dade County.

nuff said..

02-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Pembroke Pines and Hollywood PD have great retirement plans... check them out.

02-08-2008, 05:00 PM
you are better off up north dealing with hicks and squatters than down here dealing with the filth from 90 miles south of Key West, and the Haitians who claim they're Jamaicans (ask them what part of Jamaica and some say "Kingston, right by the beach" ) LOL

07-09-2008, 12:33 PM
you are better off up north dealing with hicks and squatters than down here dealing with the filth from 90 miles south of Key West, and the Haitians who claim they're Jamaicans (ask them what part of Jamaica and some say "Kingston, right by the beach" ) LOL

well sir you are a racist asshole.. its a shame you probably wear a badge for aventura. it be great if your supervisors caught on to your shit. oh yeah, remember your ancesters were aliens too at a different time, what does that make you?

07-10-2008, 05:59 AM

well, unless you're a NATIVE AMERICAN INDIAN,, then your ancestors are european FILTH AS WELL.

idiot,, learn some history.

07-10-2008, 11:22 PM
See whaty I mean?
Stay up north, you ae better off.

07-23-2008, 12:09 AM
Im guessing they dont drug test up there. With all due respect, are you crazy???? Anyone in their right mind is trying to get out of this poophole. Unless of course you are a non english speaking leach from wherever trying to change this place into the shit country you came from. PLEASE PLEASE stay there. And for heavens sake , lay off the weed.

09-21-2008, 09:24 PM
ok

12-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Well, lets see now.
They used to say that the best buy on a surplus rifle was Italian for it had been shot once and dropped. No heroes here.
The Irish came to this country drunk and haven't sober up yet. Whiskey bravery all the way while the Brits rule the country. No heroes here either.
Who's left?

12-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Actually, this is a very good PD to work for. 95% of the officers are happy to work here. The other 5%, well, they love to be unhappy.

07-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Pembroke Pines and Hollywood PD have great retirement plans... check them out.Ya both of those cities are broke and about to get spanked!

07-19-2009, 04:42 PM

well, unless you're a NATIVE AMERICAN INDIAN,, then your ancestors are european FILTH AS WELL.

idiot,, learn some history.Y alearn some history, we are all from Africa, ALL OF US!

02-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Hey! Great News!
Surfside boy formely of Aventura and Mickossukee had his status changed from suspended with pay to being a 39. I see an opening here ! And you got a take home on top of that!
Just check his former vehicle, you may find some residual 52, who knows?

Good luck Woody boy! :devil: :devil: :devil: :evil: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

05-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Pembroke Pines and Hollywood PD have great retirement plans... check them out. You may want to try Miami Gardens PD, there are the highest paid agency in the entire S. Fla area. Those guys and girls are making some good money.

06-01-2010, 12:55 AM
Checking the agencies I think Coconut Creek is the highest paid. I think they start at 48 to 52,000 take homes and FRS

06-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Starting pay is 48k+. Top pay is in the mid 70's.