PDA

View Full Version : has anyone noticed

02-03-2008, 10:41 PM
There's never any positive postings here. Now we're moving into election time. Battle lines are being drawn with the same b.s. as four years ago. Friendships will be shelved due to simple disagreements or concerns over what's in the best interest of career enhancement.
So with so much to look forward to, aside from personal goals we may or may not have, what's changed? Are we any better off than what we were before?

What are your views?

02-04-2008, 04:29 PM
I've noticed all of the negative posts.
Nature of the beast.

I'm helping Jeff for his run and he has flat out told anybody associated with his campaign that we are not to spread rumors, post negative comments, or otherwise distract from the idea of simply campaigning for the job.

Jeff wants to combine the best ideas from within the law enforcement community with the best ideas from the business community. It is a positive message and one that simply is not being talked about other than Jeff meeting with community leaders and articulating his vision.

The absolute best of the best organizations are the best because of their people. Jeff's focus is the LEO's that will be under his command are the best because they are fully supported by their sheriff. His staff will focus on what it takes to attract and retain the best deputies.

02-14-2008, 08:35 PM
As a resident, non-affiliated with LEO, I feel the best candidate for the position of sheriff will be the candidate who will serve and protect the community, uphold the law, and be a leader and an advocate for the department.

The deputies that are patrolling our streets are the backbone of the Sheriff's Department. We need a Sheriff that will support these men and women, provide adequate equipment and backup resources, encourage and support a well trained and actively updated patrol, and to provide our deputies with a secure future that promotes longevity within the department.

The cliche "a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link" so is a Sheriff.

02-15-2008, 12:45 PM
I think Hall is the man. When the bullets start flying, politics and all that #@$% goes right out the window. He has my vote.

02-15-2008, 05:30 PM
I think Hall is the man. When the bullets start flying, politics and all that #@$% goes right out the window. He has my vote.

Yeah, like with Hurricane Ivan.

02-15-2008, 09:03 PM
Sheriff Hall came up through the ranks in Escambia County as a deputy and if he can't fight to give his deputies a decent comparable salary, fight to provide necessary equipment, and fight to maintain longevity within the ranks of patrol, I don't think he is the right choice.

02-16-2008, 01:28 AM
Let's see; he asks the county commission for pay raises, they deny it; so
I guess that's HIS fault? I don't think so. You folks need to realize that no sheriff has a "magic wand" to raise salaries; it's all on the commissioners. If we ever want a change, those seats behind that giant desk in the board room need to be re-filled with more far-sighted people.
Last time I checked, most all of us had a decent car to drive, better than average benefits and a great state retirement.
I don't honestly think that even if the sheriff jumped up and down with "them", it would do any good. The only thing it would do is anger them, because they are the current "good ol boy regime", doing nothing but rezoning the entire county to build more houses that are not selling. Can you honestly see anything else we could do?

02-16-2008, 02:06 PM
Coule anyone tell me the last time Hall went out and talked to his people in order to find out how they are doing. Answer, NEVER. Hall has only left his palace to meet with his deputy's when something was going wrong for him. Hall could care less if anyone gets a raise or stays employed. Hall needs to go.

02-16-2008, 05:14 PM
I accidentaly posted this response as a new topic:

I know it's difficult to go talk to him in person. Everyone's scared their gonna get fired. But, if you don't talk to him, then you don't know how he feels. We should at least give him the benifit of the doubt.

02-16-2008, 06:18 PM
Being job scared doesn't make your work environment appealing or secure.

The BOCC needs to go. Which ones will be willing to take a cut in pay with the passing of Amendment 1?

02-16-2008, 07:03 PM
Its easy to talk to him face-to-face, try it. He will lie to you to your face and allow others to talk about you behind your back. Hall has to go.

02-16-2008, 09:29 PM
I accidentaly posted this response as a new topic:

I know it's difficult to go talk to him in person. Everyone's scared their gonna get fired. But, if you don't talk to him, then you don't know how he feels. We should at least give him the benifit of the doubt.

How many more years do you think we need to give the benefit?

02-17-2008, 12:23 AM
dear be-gone, obviously you don't work here because several months ago the sheriff did go out and talked with the troops about all the rumors going around. you must be one of the campaigners popping their head out of the sand this time of the years. in fact the boys were *****in they hadn't seen him so he came out and spoke with the shifts. then a strange thing happen. the troops started *****in about him coming out into the field. rumors started coming up about why he was out there. damned if you don't damned if you do. so get your sh&^%t together be gone! stay with the truth for a change.

02-17-2008, 12:24 AM
why don't you tell us one of the horrendous lies that he told YOU face to face and let us be the judge!

02-17-2008, 12:33 AM
you're right he came around to our shift with Major Collier and asked us what were our concerns, rumors, etc. he was very friendly and told us what was going on. everything he has said as come true so where are the big lies. i will believe you if you tell us what you're talking about but all you guys do is talk in generalities not specifics. that's not doing us any good. we need straight talk no you guys burying your personal hatchets!

02-17-2008, 02:25 PM
Mr Guest
If you would have read my previous post, I said he only comes out when "something was going wrong for him". You would then understand that I know he came out. So he comes out about every 2-3 years to see his troops. So what. You could figure he should be working 160 hours a month, but cannot spend 1% of that time talking with his troops. The troops would not be spreading "rumors" if he had a did a little more listening to their concerns (more than once every 2-3 years) and telling him about his vision for the agency. An old boss once told me "you can't have a plan if you don't have a clue"; the shoe fits in this case. I have no dog in this race. I just know one dog that should Be-Gone.

02-17-2008, 04:38 PM
But remember he came out during the BOCC cut backs last year and everyone was talking rumors about lay offs and such. That was not something going "wrong for him" because he didn't have any control over it. He came out (at least on our shift) to quell the rumors about lay offs. I understand your point and you're not the only one that feels that way. Yes, he should definitely come out MORE I agree.

02-17-2008, 06:18 PM
Mr Guest
Why do you continue make excuses for him. You say he came out to "quell the rumors". He was not there to talk to the troops about what good things could be accomplished by the agency. Once again, he comes out when "something was going wrong for him". There was no indication that he came out to talk about anything other than what is making him look bad. After 7 years, what are the agency goals for the future? Does he have a plan? Does he do anything other than react to festering situations? He surrounds himself with yes-boys, telling him everything is OK. Take a look back to Ivan, a command bus that was probably 30 years old, had little operational equipment and would barely run. He has no vision for the agency or its people. Be-Gone.

02-20-2008, 01:41 PM
What, no more excuse boyz. Go to his re-election website and see that he has no goals there either.

02-25-2008, 10:49 PM
Van Camp is an idiot.

02-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Van Camp is an idiot.

That is a very profound statement. As my buddy up north sas "I wouldnt hit a hog in the @$$ with him". I like Hall. He's soooo dreamy :lol: :lol: :lol:

02-26-2008, 11:25 PM
:cop: Oh gawd I'm gonna puke.

02-27-2008, 12:08 PM
:devil: this is the admin when they do an IA :evil:

02-27-2008, 09:14 PM
:mrgreen:

02-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Utter ignorrance. All that posted the stupid stuff needs to get a life. if the admin is on your butt then there must be a reason for it.

02-28-2008, 02:11 PM
Van Camp is an idiot.

Is he on steroids?

02-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Steroids?
Grow up.
He played college football. He works out because he enjoys it.

Some people like to relax by working out instead of popping open the can of beer and hitting the recliner...

02-28-2008, 09:54 PM
Oh $%it! Somebody peeping through my window. Huh Huh Huh Huh

02-29-2008, 12:19 PM
[quote="Anonymous"]:devil: this is the admin when they do an IA :evil:[/quo
The IA investigator aint that way but some of those guys in admin has spent an entire career f-ing people. Amazing how they can tell you how to do your job when they have never done it in the firs place. :devil:

03-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Whaatever

03-01-2008, 01:51 PM
Whaatever

The sound someone makes when they conceed defeat. :P

03-01-2008, 09:57 PM
:evil:

03-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Wow that was impressive. Someone conceeds defeat. How is that when we haven't voted yet. Some of the prevous posts were downright dumb.