PDA

View Full Version : Hiring

02-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Are you guys hiring? How fast is the process? I'm certified with a few years experience. I have the pre-screener app already, just need to get it in. Thanks, be safe. Oh, I'd prefer to work in Tampa, but willing to go anywhere.

02-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Are you guys hiring? How fast is the process? I'm certified with a few years experience. I have the pre-screener app already, just need to get it in. Thanks, be safe. Oh, I'd prefer to work in Tampa, but willing to go anywhere.

Give it a few months there is slight hiring freeze right now but I see it lifting soon and getting back to normal. You will be very pleased if you get hired here.

The hiring process is one of the hardest I have been through but once your done, your done. SPD, just for the record and depsite all the bad press some of these guys that USED to work here come and throw out, is a great place. Good administration, good working environment and good group of gals and guys on shift.... Detail really rock out too !

Good luck !

02-18-2008, 06:07 AM
I TOO PUT IN THE PRE APP, AND IT LOOKS LIKE YOUR DEPT IS GREAT. YOUR OFFICERS ARE SHARP, THE EQUIPMENT LOOKS GREAT HOPE TO BE THERE SOON ! 8)

02-23-2008, 01:08 PM
I TOO PUT IN THE PRE APP, AND IT LOOKS LIKE YOUR DEPT IS GREAT. YOUR OFFICERS ARE SHARP, THE EQUIPMENT LOOKS GREAT HOPE TO BE THERE SOON ! 8)I WOULD WAIT UNTIL THE SMOKE CLEARS, IF IT EVER DOES AND APPLY AT OTHER PLACES AS WELL. THE WORK ENVIRONMENT IS NOT VERY GOOD HERE RIGHT NOW AND MIGHT NOT GET ANY BETTER. :?

02-23-2008, 07:40 PM
I TOO PUT IN THE PRE APP, AND IT LOOKS LIKE YOUR DEPT IS GREAT. YOUR OFFICERS ARE SHARP, THE EQUIPMENT LOOKS GREAT HOPE TO BE THERE SOON ! 8)I WOULD WAIT UNTIL THE SMOKE CLEARS, IF IT EVER DOES AND APPLY AT OTHER PLACES AS WELL. THE WORK ENVIRONMENT IS NOT VERY GOOD HERE RIGHT NOW AND MIGHT NOT GET ANY BETTER. :?

since 2002, there have been two chiefs and two deputy chiefs, at least 19 officers that have left SPD Hollywood this includes 3 detectives, all of which left within a month apart, one Captain who was in charge of getting a pension, two sergeants. I cannot remember anymore. Only two of these officers were forced to leave and two be honest with you, they would not have been fired anywhere else but here because there is no union or job security. If I calculated how many left the various reservations during this time it wil probably add up to more than 30. If you go back 5 more years, we can probably add another 30-50. During this time they have had at least 7 chiefs. The average is 4 years anywhere, here about 1.2. Floyd was the exception. This place has always been and will alwasy be, a stepping stone to get somewhere better.

My point is this: why the **** would you want to work here? please enlighten me.

03-01-2008, 01:54 AM
I'M 3RD YEAR ROAD OFC IN HOLLYWOOD AND YEAR TO DATE I HAVE MADE 17K. AT THIS RATE ILL MAKE 102K THIS YEAR.

WHO NEEDS A PENSION I'LL MAKE MY OWN, I LOVE THIS PLACE.

03-01-2008, 04:06 AM

since 2002, there have been two chiefs and two deputy chiefs, at least 19 officers that have left SPD Hollywood this includes 3 detectives, all of which left within a month apart, one Captain who was in charge of getting a pension, two sergeants. I cannot remember anymore. Only two of these officers were forced to leave and two be honest with you, they would not have been fired anywhere else but here because there is no union or job security. If I calculated how many left the various reservations during this time it wil probably add up to more than 30. If you go back 5 more years, we can probably add another 30-50. During this time they have had at least 7 chiefs. The average is 4 years anywhere, here about 1.2. Floyd was the exception. This place has always been and will alwasy be, a stepping stone to get somewhere better
I ENJOYED YOUR POST I WORKED UNDER CHIEF FLOYD, HE WAS A STAND UP PERSON WHO ALWAYS TREATED EVERYONE GOOD. ANYONE KNOW WHERE HE IS? I THINK THINGS WILL WORK OUT GOOD FOR US, WE HAVE A PRETTY GOOD JOB, THANKS, BE SAFE.
My point is this: why the fazugie would you want to work here? please enlighten me.