PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see from your Department?

krakpipe
02-03-2008, 02:01 AM
I would like to see more specialized units. I mean there are only two ways to go in this Dept.... Patrol or Investigations. Have a Burglary team and a Narcotics team. We also need an ERT/ emergency responce team.
K-9 would also be a tremendous benifit to the Dept. Lets not just think inside the box, but have the guts to open the door and stand outside the box.

02-03-2008, 02:17 AM
Except for a couple retired guys who use to do real police work but came there to relax, you have a joke of a department. You have nothing but correcton officers who dont know anything about real law enforcement or officers who flunked out at real agencies and came there as there is no polygraph to weed them out. The few young officers you do have that are worth anything will be leaving shortly to make real money at other municipal agencies.

02-03-2008, 02:18 AM
I like to see more PST so they could take care of the non-police calls. This would also make the department seem more professional

02-03-2008, 05:02 AM
"What a Joke" Why are you hating on corrections officers? You wouldn't last one day in the Prison. Hell everywhere you go Officer's are dying for you to leave just like when you were at NMB. Maybe you should just retire again and become a correctional officer since you think their not worth anything. That should be right up your alley.

But this blog was not to trash your fellow officers but to let everyone know how FIU is not prepared for any event and the University and the Administrative staff could care less about us. So before you start putting your fellow officers down try doing it towards the University first. Thats why they have the upper hand now because we keep bashing each other instead of trying to stick together as one against the University and our SO CALL CHIEF!!!

02-03-2008, 09:56 AM
good point. while there may be issues amongst patrol, they pail in comparison to the real problem, the administration. and that is the problem we should be attacking. no each other.

02-03-2008, 07:35 PM
I CAN SEE HOW FIU POLICE WORK CAN BE A DRAG FOR A STREET OFFICR, BUT IT ONLY TAKES ONE STUDENT (SIG #43) WITH A WEAPON TO REMIND US WHY WE ARE THERE ! PSA'S ARE A MUST, AS YOU HAVE STATED. LACK OF TRAINING IS A LAW-SUIT WAITING TO HAPPEN DOWN THE ROAD ADMIN ! THIS SITE SHOULD OPEN UP SOME THOUGHT FOR YOUR OFFICERS SAFETY BEFORE THE INCIDENT HAPPENS. LETS NOT FORGET WHERE WE CAME FROM , AND THAT WE ALL RETURN HOME AFTER THE SHIFT.

02-03-2008, 09:13 PM
First I dont care who the university hires correction officers, OR other department transfers. All I care about is providing for my family and enjoying my job, and the pay is allright and I have come to love FIU North Campus as it has come to grow on me. It took a while to get out of my aggressive ways but I now enjoy the peaceful days.

I dont know who wrote the previous message and I dont care, but be assured it wasnt me as I do not hide behind little computers. If I have something to say I say it. Now please identify yourself so we can talk as there is only one person I have had a problem with that I know of and its a dead issue as far as I am concerned.

02-04-2008, 07:57 AM
I am still waiting for you to identify yourself after making false allegations, and after you bash the Chief.

goodcop43
02-04-2008, 02:38 PM
I would like to see more specialized units. I mean there are only two ways to go in this Dept.... Patrol or Investigations. Have a Burglary team and a Narcotics team. We also need an ERT/ emergency responce team.
K-9 would also be a tremendous benifit to the Dept. Lets not just think inside the box, but have the guts to open the door and stand outside the box.

I agree krakpipe. We need more specialized units. I mean, think about it. We have drugs in FIU like CRAZY, yet they still want to think this is a perfect place. Burglaries are real often now. Heck, add some robberies in there too! I guess the University is just too scared to have a K9 unit here. Tell you what though, get more of these things, people will see we're REAL Officers rather than them treating us like a security company. We need a swat team but they dont want anything having to do with real Police work. Again, just let some type of unfortunate situation arise here in the University and maybe we'll get more.

02-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Listen real Stew, get over it already the purpose of this forum is to remain anonymous and to speak your piece. If you really think someone is going to tell you who they really are like your dumb a$% did then you are really stupid.
You've already spoke your piece and stated it wasn't you, so stoping whining and find something else to discuss. Something that's more important that your feelings being HURT!

And who really wants to reveal themselves to you when all you care about is who's bashing the CHIEF! OH my bad! your actually kissing A$% just in case the chief reads this. Now he knows that your a brown noser, in that case you will have a bright future with FIU.

FYI: Try supporting your fellow officers like your doing for YOUR CHIEF!

02-07-2008, 05:45 PM
I'd like to get tasers, more PST, get rid of 61 and 62, that's not police work.
Be professional.
This is the only Police Agency that do this stupid stuff.

It's the Professors, and staff responsability to do their job, that's why all of them needs to have their own keys with them.

I'm not surprise to see us in the future providing professors some markers or chalk so they can write on the board.
:x

02-07-2008, 05:57 PM
DUI CHECKPOINTS

02-07-2008, 10:23 PM
DUI CHECKPOINTS

i second that

02-08-2008, 02:49 AM
SWAT!!

02-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Dui chkpts and SWAT!!!

Gang task force would be nice as well

02-09-2008, 06:03 PM
Dui chkpts and SWAT!!!

Gang task force would be nice as well

Yes to all three

02-09-2008, 09:12 PM
I like just to open door because I don’t like police work because you could get hurt.

02-09-2008, 10:13 PM
All these things would be great to have in the department but the first thing that you all should demand is RESPECT. Sounds like the entire upper administration has NO RESPECT for you and if you accept no respect then I have no answer for you. They do not care if you have the correct equipment or work in acceptable conditions. A strike sounds good but if not then getting the media involved might be a good thing too. I'm sure that you can count on the majority of your department to express their opinions. And for those who aren't willing to participate leave them out of the plan.

02-09-2008, 10:14 PM
I like just to open door because I don’t like police work because you could get hurt.

Why do you hate FIU police so much. Did they catch you with a dimebag?

Don't worry about it. Its just a misdemeanor

02-10-2008, 02:27 AM
FOR ALL THE YOUNG GUYS TO LEAVE TO REAL DEPARTMENT SO THEY CAN STOP WHINING ABOUT ALL THESE SPECIALTY POSITIONS THEY WANT. YOU HAVE YOUR SPECIALTY POSISTION ITS CALLED DOOR OPENER. NOW HURRY UP THE PROFESSOR NEEDS YOU ON A 3. LOL

02-10-2008, 06:02 AM
FOR ALL THE YOUNG GUYS TO LEAVE TO REAL DEPARTMENT SO THEY CAN STOP WHINING ABOUT ALL THESE SPECIALTY POSITIONS THEY WANT. YOU HAVE YOUR SPECIALTY POSISTION ITS CALLED DOOR OPENER. NOW HURRY UP THE PROFESSOR NEEDS YOU ON A 3. LOL

MW get off the bank computer get back to work

02-10-2008, 06:14 AM

I am not a student I am real. I was officer of the year 2 times.

02-10-2008, 06:24 AM
[quote="Brazilin Stallion":2vgvv5a5]I like just to open door because I don’t like police work because you could get hurt.

I am not a student I am real. I was officer of the year 2 times.[/quote:2vgvv5a5]

you will never be a cop

02-13-2008, 03:17 AM

This site is a joke

02-14-2008, 01:16 AM
I would like to see a labor contract.

02-15-2008, 12:04 AM
I was around when they had K9. The dog did stuff. Don't remember what, but she came to work....

02-15-2008, 01:40 PM
Active shooter scenarios, we never had one because administration don't want to give a bad image to students.
Shootings keep happenings at Universities, but they think it will never happen at FIU.
It is sad that we don't even have an emergency plan yet. At least I have not seen one yet, have you? What about the Rifles?

02-18-2008, 03:07 AM
I AM RETIRED AN AM LOOKING TO KEEP CURRENT. I WILL WORK FOR ANY DEPARTMENT WHICH WILL GIVE ME A SHOT. AS I WAS AN FIU STUDENT I AM LOOKING TO GET MY MASTERS THERE. DO FIU OFFICERS GET TO ATTEND CLASSES FOR FREE FROM THE STATE ? :)

02-18-2008, 09:12 AM
I WOULD LIKE TO WORK IN A BUILDING THAT IS NOT FALLING APART EACH WEEK. I CAN SEE CLEARLY THAT THE CHIEF DOES NOT CARE WHAT CONDITIONS WE WORK IN. HE CAN SAY THAT THE COMMUNITY RESPECTS US BUT ACTIONS TELL A DIFFERENT STORY. WE SHOULD ALL ACT LIKE THE WINLESS FIU FOOTBALL TEAM AND MAYBE THEN WE WILL GET A NEW BUIDLING. THERE IS NO REASON WHY THERE ARE SO MANY NEW BUILDINGS ON THIS CAMPUS IN THE LAST TWO YEARS AND WE CANT EVEN GET A DECENT, NON-INFESTED BUILDING.

02-19-2008, 05:59 AM
THE CLASSES ARE FREE IF YOU GET A B PLUS OR BETTER, I AM WORKING ON MY MASTERS AS WELL. I HAVE NO CLUE IF THEY ARE HIRING YOU HAVE TO CALL HUMAN RESOURCES OR LOGON TO FIU SITE AND SEE IF THEY ARE TAKING APPS.

WE ARE GOING TO LOSE 2 TO 3 OFFICERS TO OTHER DEPARTMENTS SOON. THERE ARE A COUPLE OF RETIRED GUYS AT OUR NORTH CAMPUS. THEY SEEM TO ENJOY IT UP THERE AS THE NORTH CAMPUS IS WHERE OFFICERS DONT DO MUCH BUT OPEN DOORS AND GIVE JUMP STARTS. THEY ARE I AM SORRY TO SAY MORE LIKE PUBLIC SERVICE AIDES WITH A GUN.

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU OUT.

03-17-2008, 06:49 PM
Hey STEW, guess what ? While you are sitting in your unit, your fellow officers could be getting hurt because your radios don't work. Don't worry STEW because all is just how you like it, "DO NOT DISTURB".

03-17-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks reguest of fiu, like you I will be in the Masters program (Criminal Justice). My goals are to teach after that and to become a chief in a small department.

condor
03-22-2008, 01:56 AM

I agree krakpipe. We need more specialized units. I mean, think about it. We have drugs in FIU like CRAZY, yet they still want to think this is a perfect place. Burglaries are real often now. Heck, add some robberies in there too! I guess the University is just too scared to have a K9 unit here. Tell you what though, get more of these things, people will see we're REAL Officers rather than them treating us like a security company. We need a swat team but they dont want anything having to do with real Police work. Again, just let some type of unfortunate situation arise here in the University and maybe we'll get more.
I want some real police work and I got the guts am going to City of Miami or Miami Gardens, that's where the action is. Who's coming with me?

06-08-2008, 06:12 AM
I like to see more PST so they could take care of the non-police calls. This would also make the department seem more professional
I agree, it seems there's a major shortage of PSTs and more of them would help, especially to supplement the officers at the main campus, so they wouldn't have to keep pulling the PSTs from the Engineering Center all the time like they do now, and sacrificing the security of the EC.