PDA

View Full Version : Safety Tips?

krakpipe
02-02-2008, 08:12 PM
When you 15 with another Officer on a traffic stop at night...Be sure to turn off your all your lights so you dont silhouette your partner. But..you can turn your rear overheads on.

goodcop43
02-02-2008, 08:53 PM
I see a lot of Officers do this. Good point to bring up. F.T.O's need to stress that a lot more to the new Officers. Although Officers from previous agency's should know this already. At least the F.T.O. I had here in FIU also did mention this safety issue to me, so good to know some people still remember! I guess if you really dont like someone.. or just do not care, keep silhoutting him then!! :twisted:

02-02-2008, 10:40 PM
You Officers wouldnt have to worry about illimunating each other if you wouldnt do any traffic stops.

P.S. I don't know what happened to my trainees? They must have gotten negative influence cause this is not the way I trained them.

goodcop45
02-03-2008, 01:46 AM
I agree guys, Those are good tips. Another thing.. When it comes to talking with a subject..Try to be in a ready stance/ BLADED. Dont have your hands in your pockets and make sure that your subject[s] doesnt have his/her hands in their pockets as well. Keep a good distance, so you can have enough time to react in case something goes wrong.

goodcop43
02-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Also on traffic stops, I see some Officers after completing a citation, walking back up to the car with the citation book on their dominant hand... uh... hello?? If dummy has a weapon then what? Grab everything with your non-dominant hand and walk up there with your hand on that gun! You neverr knoww..... Food for thought though.

02-09-2008, 07:41 AM
Some people do traffic stops without calling it in on the radio. HELLO BIC, IM TALKING TO YOU!