PDA

View Full Version : Midnight C S T

01-31-2008, 10:48 AM
What caused H F to get the boot from C S T?

01-31-2008, 03:09 PM
HF? How about the entire CST squad!

01-31-2008, 04:26 PM
First of all HF did not get the boot! He is one of the few stand up guys on the squad that did the right thing after SIU LT "Wannabee Patton" tried to fk them over.

It amazes me that only certain issues make it to this forum. If it were anything to do with goatees, overlap, or BJ it would have been here months ago.

01-31-2008, 04:52 PM
That's because, as usual, nobody cares about improving the department. The only thing that is important is gossip, bad-mouthing our co-workers, and calling every member of the brass a bad name. No solutions offered, no alternative actions suggested, no long-term remedies, just name-calling and gossip. Here's a novel idea, instead of gossiping about what happened, why not offer suggestions on what could be done instead of a CST team (now that we don't have one anymore) to fight crime?

01-31-2008, 11:41 PM
I heard it was your Sister.

02-01-2008, 12:18 AM
Midnight CST has been 07'd. Now that makes since Chief.

02-01-2008, 12:55 AM
Midnight CST has been 07'd. Now that makes since Chief.

It's sense not since.

Is this true? I wonder if it had to do with a little OT discrepancy.

02-01-2008, 04:13 AM
OT AND PADDING STATS TO NAME A COUPLE. THEY WERE OUT OF CONTROL AND IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

02-01-2008, 11:15 AM
These guys are real street cops the work hard and go after the real bad guys. Every guy on that squad is a stand up guy, they all gave the Department 100%. There was no padding stats they are workers and damn good guys. And if you ever needed a 3-15 you would be happy if any C.S.T. guy showed because you know they will take care of business. So please get off the C.S.T. guys and stop slamming them they do what very few officers want to do in this day and time in Police work, They put Bad guys in jail and thke pride in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02-01-2008, 02:18 PM
Refering to the last post, I agree that the midnight CST unit produced good arrests and good stats. They did very good street level work. However, they lacked strong leadership from both within the unit and outside of it. There are rules we all need to play by and if you violate those rules we ussually end up doing a different job. No one claimed they were padding stats, but the overtime detail issue became a problem. Additionally, complaints and control of persons also became problematic for the upper Patrol administration. This is especially true when the noons CST unit did not experience the same issues and thier stats are equally high. We will all hear that staffing mids was the main reason for the unit being disbanded. That is only part of the truth. The main reason, in my opinion, is that it was a group of good hard working cops who were beginning to operate within their own set of rules. We need only to look back a few years and across the water to see what can happen to this type of unit when left without strong leadership. It is not a stretch of the imagination to bring up the Mercado/Miami PD Street Narcotics Unit incident to understand why the unit was disbanded.

02-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Guys guys guys...! Don't you all get it? "They" don't want us to do real police work. This is all smoke and mirrors. Real police work is a thing of the past. You CST guys did a hell of a job on midnights. My kudos to you. But look what you got back in return from the administration.

I've been doing this job since the late 80's and it has been very difficult to accept how "Police work" is done now. But you have to do it in order not to drive yourself nuts.

Focus on taking on this job in a business sense. Make your money and stay out of sight and trouble. Arrest the real criminals and forget about petty 39's and stats. Never in all my years have I ever heard of any Police Officer getting in trouble or getting fired for not making bull**it arrests. You have new cops here arresting people in the middle of the day that are sitting in a bus bench for L&P. Ridiculous. And for what? To please the administration? All that's going to do is get you in trouble (lawsuits). As a couple of those dayshift officers are going through right now.

Change is difficult. Believe me. But not impossible. You will be laughing all the way to the bank.

02-01-2008, 08:24 PM
That dang DD.

02-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Lets see. Crime is up and CST gets disbanded.. If they were not happy with the current team, then why not replace them.

02-02-2008, 01:42 AM
They will........... step one

02-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Do we really need a CST to make DIP arrests?
And is it OK to drop 3 A-forms on 1-39 to make it look like 3 arrests, but 1 body?

02-03-2008, 05:42 AM
This Chief DD has to go. How can the Union allow for this to happen. OOPS! I forgot that DD retired already and the FOP President has no friends on CST MIDS.

02-03-2008, 09:17 PM
LOOK AT THE MEANING NOT THE SPELLING

02-04-2008, 10:26 PM
TRUE CST :
1. First of all they did not just make DIP arrest, and the DIP arrest that were made are from the direction of the BRASS to pad overlap and patrol stats period.

2. The OT detail was given to them by the BRASS, for working hard and doing what was asked of them. They did not abuse this OT, they only worked what was given to them and with results. The reason it is an issue, is the BRASS forgot to monitor the OT and during an audit the issue came up. You would think that the BRASS would stand up and say it was their fault, but who am I kidding. The all stated that they knew nothing about it. Heck, somebody was signing those OT slips!!!!

3. As for padding the stats by filling out mutiple arrest forms on 1 arrest, get your facts straight. The only time mutiple arrest forms are completed is if the 39 also has an open warrant. If you know anything about police work and the court system, then you would understand why this is the case. 1 arrest form for the charges and 1 arrest form for the warrant.

4. Don't think for 1 second that CST did anything wrong, other than some personal issues within their squad. They could have been saved and bailed out by removing their SGT along time ago. This is an attack (retaliation) by the RAM for his or whoever was responsible for managing the OT which they did not. God forbid somebody up there has to take a hit for their own mistakes, lets just kick everybody below them.

02-05-2008, 05:56 AM
very true sir.
maybe the reason no BRASS wants to take the responsibility is because MOST BRASS has so many hidden skeletons in MBPD closets!!! they can try and deny all they want, but anyone that has been here 10-15 plus years know most of the BRASS' secret f-ups and cover-ups.
-isn't that the mentality??? once enough black marks have been made against them, they are moved/appointed rank? is it a hiding position to be out of the lime light? to stop embarrasing the badge? again, not ALL, but most?

02-09-2008, 01:40 AM
As much as avoid these forums for the bashing and backstabbing that it brings among our fellow officers, i must admit that i was curious about what my fellow officers thought about the midnight cst's being dismantled reference "Man power shortage".

I will simply add..

Thanks for the positive posts regarding our work........
:cry:

02-09-2008, 02:23 AM
Hey Grunt. I appreciate what you Guys did. It's a shame that CN allowed this to happen.

02-22-2008, 12:19 AM
To all CST disbands! Learn from the experience and realize your turn was up. There have been many in shoes before you and understand the problems. Chalk up the experience and become useful to the zone units u now work with day in and day out. Everyone is expendable! BE USEFUL and just answer your calls for service now. It really is quite liberating not having to have the carrot dangled before u with the perceived hope that "they think you're great". Good Luck.