PDA

View Full Version : Go get'm boys!

01-30-2008, 02:24 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... 9998.story (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-flbcop0130sbjan30,0,6999998.story)

01-30-2008, 02:37 PM
This is to all the new Davie officers. Pay close attention to this story. Read it more then once. Hopefully you will realize that working hard and dedicating more time then what is necessary to this department will get you nothing. In the end a knife will get shoved in your back. People that you once thought were your friends will turn their backs on you.

Be comfortable being able to stand on your own. Don't be concerned about fitting in with the crowd. Depend on yourself and no one else. That way you will never be let down. Yourself and family always come first. When you retire your family is what you'll have left. Not co-workers.

People training for specialized units and staying late for paperwork without putting in for overtime are only helping the same regime that will not help you in return.

Do your job. Do it right. But don't give this place anything extra. Just give them what is required. Hard work is not rewarded here.

01-30-2008, 03:20 PM
WHERE WAS THE FOP DURING ALL THIS?? WHY DID THEY HAVE TO GET THEIR OWN LAWYERS?? THE PBA WOULD HAVE KEPT THEM ON PAID LEAVE UNTIL IT WAS RESOLVED!!!

01-30-2008, 04:36 PM
Sgt. Nico was or is a member of the PBA. Ask him where the PBA was. Doesn't really matter where anyone was. The Town messed up on this one and all parties involved on the plantiff's behalf are gonna be seeing green.

01-30-2008, 04:38 PM
Make that plaintiff. Sorry English 101.

01-30-2008, 05:40 PM
This is to all the new Davie officers. Pay close attention to this story. Read it more then once. Hopefully you will realize that working hard and dedicating more time then what is necessary to this department will get you nothing. In the end a knife will get shoved in your back. People that you once thought were your friends will turn their backs on you.

Be comfortable being able to stand on your own. Don't be concerned about fitting in with the crowd. Depend on yourself and no one else. That way you will never be let down. Yourself and family always come first. When you retire your family is what you'll have left. Not co-workers.

People training for specialized units and staying late for paperwork without putting in for overtime are only helping the same regime that will not help you in return.

Do your job. Do it right. But don't give this place anything extra. Just give them what is required. Hard work is not rewarded here.

DOES ANYONE WHO STILL WORKS HERE DISAGREE WITH THIS? THE OLD REGIME JUST CONTINUES AND HR AND TOWN HALL TRUYLY DONT CARE . IF YOU THINK THAT ANYONE WILL STEP UP FOR (INCLUDING THE PRETEND UNION) YOU JUST ASK ANYONE THAT HAS BEEN FIRED THE PAST FEW YEARS.

01-30-2008, 06:11 PM
The PBA referred to Sarge to the attorney he is using - FOP has kinda been hands off, especially with the new FOP Pres. not wanting to make waves or knowing how to for that matter !!! The PBA is actively working his case on several fronts- including his disability pension and the heart bill !!!!!

01-30-2008, 06:46 PM
The PBA referred to Sarge to the attorney he is using - FOP has kinda been hands off, especially with the new FOP Pres. not wanting to make waves or knowing how to for that matter !!! The PBA is actively working his case on several fronts- including his disability pension and the heart bill !!!!!

Thanks for the message, we heard that was what happened but as you know, unless you speak with the parties in any scenerio, you will only get some of the story. Also, thanks for the FOP dig, we know that the board is 'hands off" since JS stepped down. Th e new pres just wants to get promoted so that when his dad and the chief go fishing, they can share stories of the worm.

01-30-2008, 07:16 PM
KWAGMIRE, I COULD HAVE NOT SAID IT BETTER. TOTALLY AGREE.

01-30-2008, 07:46 PM
kwagmire - you said it perfectly !

No one here, especially supervisors/command staff care about the officers in this dept. There has been several incidents over the past year where the supervisors have actively sought out officers trying to 'catch' them doing something wrong. ESPECIALLY on Alpha whift with the Two super, never did anything wrong Lt's .

Also to the new guys if you think the FOP is going to stand up for you in these times you are dead wrong. To protect yourselves join the PBA. It is worth the $120 every 3 months for protection and support.

U guys are right. The PBA is the only union helping Sgt Nic out.

Hopefully the city gets boned for these decisions that were made. Wish nothing but the best for both of these guys and hope whatever union we have during re-election time remebers how the city treated us.

01-31-2008, 12:12 AM
kwagmire - you said it perfectly !

No one here, especially supervisors/command staff care about the officers in this dept. There has been several incidents over the past year where the supervisors have actively sought out officers trying to 'catch' them doing something wrong. ESPECIALLY on Alpha whift with the Two super, never did anything wrong Lt's .

Also to the new guys if you think the FOP is going to stand up for you in these times you are dead wrong. To protect yourselves join the PBA. It is worth the $120 every 3 months for protection and support.

U guys are right. The PBA is the only union helping Sgt Nic out.

Hopefully the city gets boned for these decisions that were made. Wish nothing but the best for both of these guys and hope whatever union we have during re-election time remebers how the city treated us.

There has been several incidents over the past year where the supervisors have actively sought out officers trying to 'catch' them doing something wrong. ESPECIALLY on Alpha whift with the Two super, never did anything wrong Lt's .
please explain

01-31-2008, 02:16 AM
So what about the others that have been having problems with the HR department??? Did you know that KK was also fired via memo from hr at the same time these two were?? What the F?>

01-31-2008, 02:29 AM
Did you know that KK was also fired via memo from hr at the same time these two were?? What the F?>
Yeah, What the F? That should have been done years ago. Better late then never I guess.

01-31-2008, 02:32 AM
You have to admit, KK is one of the biggest losers to ever step foot in this department.

01-31-2008, 04:17 PM
i don't understand why these two are let go as part of this witch hunt, yet there are officers in surrounding areas who've done worse, like theft, and they're still on the streets! your admin really needs to open their eyes. i'd rather have them then crooks running the road.

01-31-2008, 08:10 PM
IS THIS FRIGGEN TRUE? THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE ! YOU GUYS NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS! DO YOU EVEN HAVE A UNION WHY ARE THEY NOT ACTING ? I DON'T WORK AT DAVIE AND I AM MAD !!! YOU CAN'T ALLOW THIS !!!

YOU NEED UNION ACTION NOW!!!! PROTEST OTHER CITIES WILL SHOW UP TO HELP POST IT EVERWHERE IN HERE!!!!

HAVE A PROTEST INVITE EVERY MEDIA ORGANIZATION THAT EXISTS, AND EVERY PD THAT EXISTS!!!

LETS SEE DAVIE RECRUIT ANYONE AFTER THIS HA!

01-31-2008, 08:14 PM
WHICH UNION DO YOU HAVE ? IF ANY ? ARE YOU AN AT WILL CITY ?

02-01-2008, 01:43 AM
We have the FOP which is we F**k Our Police by not representing them when they need us, sounds like it is time for us to consider the PBA.

02-01-2008, 03:22 AM
We have the FOP which is we F**k Our Police by not representing them when they need us, sounds like it is time for us to consider the PBA.

NEVER............................................. ....

02-01-2008, 03:24 AM

Why don't you ask Mike or a member of the FOP board about this before running your pie hole?

If you did, you would have found out that he NEVER asked the FOP for assistance with this... He had his own attorney through the PBA (which he is a member of in addition to the FOP) and went that route instead of asking for assistance from the FOP. The FOP would have done everything they could have for him... But without his cooperation (or even him asking), there's not much they can do....

So, isn't it ironic that you're saying we should go to the PBA when the member in question is already represented by a PBA attorney...? Feel pretty dumb now, don't cha?

02-01-2008, 05:23 AM
Let's see how much Pres. Nasta stands up for his guys - hmmmmm.. a sgt. who wants to make Lt. ????? Yeah - he is really in this to fight with the Chief and make waves........ GO PBA...

02-01-2008, 12:52 PM

Why don't you ask Mike or a member of the FOP board about this before running your pie hole?

If you did, you would have found out that he NEVER asked the FOP for assistance with this... He had his own attorney through the PBA (which he is a member of in addition to the FOP) and went that route instead of asking for assistance from the FOP. The FOP would have done everything they could have for him... But without his cooperation (or even him asking), there's not much they can do....

So, isn't it ironic that you're saying we should go to the PBA when the member in question is already represented by a PBA attorney...? Feel pretty dumb now, don't cha?

i feel dumber since i read your post........ did you read it before you sent it?.... you contradict yourself ....i do feel dumb that i contribute to an orginization that continually turns its back on the members that pay for it and expect basic support..... please tell us one officer who the fop recently represented that didnt get fired? also, the reason he went to the pba was obvious, they have better lawyers when your rights are illegally violated .... and the fop would have done nothing ...you must feel pretty dumb now that when you read both posts, you will realize that you made my case for me about the pba dont chaaaaaa

02-01-2008, 01:53 PM
MY AGENCY HAS FOP THEY ARE IMPRESSIVE, ITS ALL WHO YOU HAVE RUNNING IT. IF THEY HAVE A PERSONAL AGENDA YOUR SCREWED. THE BEST PEOPLE TO HAVE IN IT ARE THOSE THEY HAVE ALREADY PISSED OFF EVERYONE AND THEY HATE THE WORLD, THEY DON'T CARE.

PBA SUCKS, MY FORMER AGENCY HAD THEM I THINK IN THE YEARS I WAS THERE THEY NEVER DID A THING. THE CHEIF WOULD FIRE PEOPLE YOU'D NEVER HEAR ANYTHING AT ALL, NEVER HASD A MEETING NOTHING. ANYBODY CAN ORGANIZE A PROTEST.

02-01-2008, 01:58 PM
i feel dumber since i read your post........ did you read it before you sent it?.... you contradict yourself ....i do feel dumb that i contribute to an orginization that continually turns its back on the members that pay for it and expect basic support..... please tell us one officer who the fop recently represented that didnt get fired? also, the reason he went to the pba was obvious, they have better lawyers when your rights are illegally violated .... and the fop would have done nothing ...you must feel pretty dumb now that when you read both posts, you will realize that you made my case for me about the pba dont chaaaaaa

Uhh.... yeah. Seriously, go to BCC and take a logic course... There's no contradiction in my post. Your posts claim that the FOP does nothing, but you don't dispute the fact that Mike never asked for FOP representation. Your post claims that PBA representation is better, but you blame his getting fired on lack of representation (even though he's represented by the PBA). THAT is a contradiction. The PBA is not "better" than the FOP. They both hire outside attorneys to handle cases... Both "fight" for their members and both are excellent unions. For you to put down our union for "doing nothing" is just plain stupid and makes no logical sense at all...

You have every right to pay for PBA representation in addition to your FOP representation. If you pay for PBA membership, then get in trouble, but never ask the PBA for help, do you say their representation sucks, too?

I'm done arguing with you. Obviously you have the intelligence of a pea and cannot grasp this concept. More likely, you're someone who has done something stupid and gotten in trouble as a result and somehow blame the FOP... So, I'm done. Go ahead and bash whoever you want and make up whatever crap you want....

02-01-2008, 11:47 PM
Do not do dumb things and you WILL NOT need either FOP or PBA. All the people that CRY have all done done things. It happens.... Get over it and move on.

02-02-2008, 12:17 AM
Do not do dumb things and you WILL NOT need either FOP or PBA. All the people that CRY have all done done things. It happens.... Get over it and move on.

Not always, Chuchy

02-02-2008, 12:27 AM
Both unions havegood and bad points but when it comes to discipline and firings, it does seem like the fop is nowhere to be found and that is just a felling not a fact. I dont know each case but from speaking with those who do dumb things as you say, and you get some pos some neg for fop. I dont hink pba is gonn ahelp us because I had them in my old agency and it was always 3% no more take it or leave it. But when you were in trouble, they were righ there. I guess this post is just a repeat of these above but it does seem like if its a big screw up the fop is not really hands on, but again just a guesss from guys complaining..

02-02-2008, 12:56 AM
Both unions havegood and bad points but when it comes to discipline and firings, it does seem like the fop is nowhere to be found and that is just a felling not a fact. I dont know each case but from speaking with those who do dumb things as you say, and you get some pos some neg for fop. I dont hink pba is gonn ahelp us because I had them in my old agency and it was always 3% no more take it or leave it. But when you were in trouble, they were righ there. I guess this post is just a repeat of these above but it does seem like if its a big screw up the fop is not really hands on, but again just a guesss from guys complaining..

Did you actually spend time writing this? Do you know how to formulate an actual thought? Talk about feeling dumber for having read something...... Holy cow!

02-03-2008, 01:33 AM
Stand by..... This is not over! Two national news networks want to talk to these fired officers.