PDA

View Full Version : officer safety

01-29-2008, 06:42 AM
the department continuously and repeatedly puts the safety of their officers at risk, not to mention the University staff and students.

and they will do nothing until something actually happens.

does the department have rifles? yes.
where are they? locked away in the station.
how long would it take for an officer in need of a rifle to respond? 7-10 minutes, considering that they'd have to go back to the station and wait for a supervisor to access the key to the rifle locker and then respond to the call.

something needs to be done about this department and the continuous lack of a backbone from the administration, and it needs to be done before anyone gets hurt...especially an officer.

Signed,
Peeved Pete

krakpipe
01-29-2008, 07:40 AM
Oficer Safety? What is that? The department can care less about the Officers. The "BRASS" are to lazy and only care about themselves.

01-29-2008, 12:30 PM
The "BRASS" are to lazy and only care about themselves

Especially LT's, Oh I think I'm one of them, holywud :oops:

01-29-2008, 11:41 PM
Does anyone know when the rifles SOP his going to be put out?

goodcop43
01-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Sure. The rifles SOP will come out when something like Virginia Tech happens in FIU. The University will be in a heap of crap with people suing them, media attention, so forth. They'll implement them then.

02-01-2008, 12:10 AM
I hope the rifles are put out soon. We have had 3 Armed robberys last year. Also a AK-47 was recoverd on campus. In december car was found next to the UPA that was taken in an armed robbery. In lakeveiw this year a male was pointing a loaded 9mm hand gun at 3 people. we also need a new radio system.

krakpipe
02-01-2008, 05:29 AM
Listen guys....To me, there is nothing more important to me than safety. If one day something happens to me and say well .....the radio doesnt work when I need help, I am gonna sue the crap out of the Dept. :twisted:

mendez
02-01-2008, 05:54 AM
All these new guys are giving alot of tickets....No guys..That is not the FIU way. Traffic stops are too dangerous anyways... U might have to arrest someone...I get scared just thinking about it.

02-01-2008, 01:04 PM
What is this talk about traffic stops and tickets!?!? Arrest?? Oh my gosh! TOO much activity in that sentence. My radio invention was the best thing that happened here in FIU. Just look where I am now! Mendez, you have the right idea! We need you back to do those fake traffic stops! I'll be watching those new guys from the parking lot in NW 36th Street!

goodcop43
02-01-2008, 01:12 PM
Listen guys....To me, there is nothing more important to me than safety. If one day something happens to me and say well .....the radio doesnt work when I need help, I am gonna sue the crap out of the Dept. :twisted:

Thats exactly what I was thinking krakpipe. Sue the department for something they have known for how long now? I'm sure a nice long time. And after that, i'll just buy a room in my dic's luxorious mansion and watch the trailer from the 2nd floor.

02-03-2008, 08:35 AM
Officer Safety? Lets talk about Officer Safety

It’s a particular individual that is too scary to be a Police Officer, more less a Sergeant... I hope one day that she never gets anyone hurt. That’s when the Department will surely be sued since they are fully aware that she should not be a Police Officer!

I pray that it never get to that point.

Do not rely on her being your back up. That's for sure

02-03-2008, 09:44 AM
no doubt! i think everyone is fully aware of the situation with that female sergeant.

its scary to think that you can get promoted just 2 months after being sent back to FTO!

crazy!!!

02-08-2008, 01:04 AM
Remember sue the Univ separate from the brass like Mickey Wright. You do that and maybe something would get done.