PDA

View Full Version : Reps

01-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Hello Folks, I was just thinking about something and decided to post a couple of questions. I'm not trying to be overly negative, or slam on anyone. Just something to think about.

1) Why are several supervisors acting as PBA Reps. when we have no even had any kind of election, or appointment for them.
2) If they are authorized to act as Reps., why are they all supervisors. I for one think that while Sgt's need a rep to take care of thier needs, the majority of the reps should be officers. I think it is a conflict of interest having dept. supervisors as reps.
3) Why are all boards in the department Div. I and Div II Pensions, and Civil Service controlled by Department Supervisors, correct me if I'm mistaken, but I do not believe one person of officer rank is on any of these boards. One might argue that they know the most about the pensions, however the pensions boards will send you to school to learn about them, so this argument does no hold merit. Once again, I'm not saying anyone has done a bad job, but these are just some things to think about.

What all this boils down to is everyone needs to GET INVOLVED, and think about these things when these elections come up.

01-28-2008, 02:54 AM
Hello Folks, I was just thinking about something and decided to post a couple of questions. I'm not trying to be overly negative, or slam on anyone. Just something to think about.

1) Why are several supervisors acting as PBA Reps. when we have no even had any kind of election, or appointment for them.
2) If they are authorized to act as Reps., why are they all supervisors. I for one think that while Sgt's need a rep to take care of thier needs, the majority of the reps should be officers. I think it is a conflict of interest having dept. supervisors as reps.
3) Why are all boards in the department Div. I and Div II Pensions, and Civil Service controlled by Department Supervisors, correct me if I'm mistaken, but I do not believe one person of officer rank is on any of these boards. One might argue that they know the most about the pensions, however the pensions boards will send you to school to learn about them, so this argument does no hold merit. Once again, I'm not saying anyone has done a bad job, but these are just some things to think about.

What all this boils down to is everyone needs to GET INVOLVED, and think about these things when these elections come up.

ANSWERS:

1. They were appointed by the county PBA president to act as temporary reps until the actuary study is done (KW said it should be done in a week). Then we would hold elections and you can nominate and vote for whomever you desire(you would have known that if you attended the 1st PBA meeting and not listened to the rumor mill.....or are you the rumor mill ???? Hmmmmm..... :?

2.They appear to be acting as reps because no one else has stepped up. When elections are held, there will be 2 reps and one alternate. Oh, and them seem to be interested in the whole dept not just themselves and their hanger-ons (like the FO-ME) :twisted:

3.The pension boards, I belive reps are elected by vote, so you have no one to blame for "your" lack of representation but yourself. I think, if my memory serves me correctly, the last officer on the pension board wanted the "new" officers to pay for a 4% multiplier for the senior officers and himself (FO-ME) :twisted:

Like you said, none of the current board members or reps have done a bad job, rather I think they are doing a good job at a bad time. As you said, more people need to get involved and show some intrest. :shock:

01-29-2008, 05:49 AM
Hi brothers and sisters remember we need officers as reps not the chiefs puppets like in the past. One Lt was all ready heard saying that the reps need to be controlled by Sgts and that nobody will get to be assigned a PBA attorney unless they go through a rep, don't let this happen do not vote for any SGTS for reps.
When I first came hear I heard one of the reps attempted to get the union not to assign a lawer to certin members this was wrong and this was one of the Sgts who now is an acting rep.

If we don't act we lose remember this is our union not thge chiefs!!!!!!!!!!

01-29-2008, 05:58 AM
They city still hasn't signed the contract allowing the PBA to take over the contract, rumor has it the city is sitting down soon with the PBA and they want to get out of the last year in the contract in exchange for the 11 hour shift.

We need to stick to our guns and not let them take what we already have, and we need to get more for the 11 hour shift like other departments ended up with when they bargined for them. Don't sell us short.

Remember it's money our of our pocket.

01-29-2008, 05:05 PM

ANSWERS:

1. They were appointed by the county PBA president to act as temporary reps until the actuary study is done (KW said it should be done in a week). Then we would hold elections and you can nominate and vote for whomever you desire(you would have known that if you attended the 1st PBA meeting and not listened to the rumor mill.....or are you the rumor mill ???? Hmmmmm..... :?

2.They appear to be acting as reps because no one else has stepped up. When elections are held, there will be 2 reps and one alternate. Oh, and them seem to be interested in the whole dept not just themselves and their hanger-ons (like the FO-ME) :twisted:

3.The pension boards, I belive reps are elected by vote, so you have no one to blame for "your" lack of representation but yourself. I think, if my memory serves me correctly, the last officer on the pension board wanted the "new" officers to pay for a 4% multiplier for the senior officers and himself (FO-ME) :twisted:

Like you said, none of the current board members or reps have done a bad job, rather I think they are doing a good job at a bad time. As you said, more people need to get involved and show some intrest. :shock: :oops: I guess my simple questions struck some kind of nerve, sorry, just some things I wanted to point out. And I don't think that any of them were rumors, just fact.

01-29-2008, 05:18 PM
Remember guy's one of these reps was the person that allowed the chief to make the part time dispatchers to pick thier shifts before full time dispatchers and we all siad that wasn't right.

This reps wife is a part time dispatcher maybe thats why he gave in ?

Don't vote for him when its time he will sell you out.

01-29-2008, 07:31 PM
The pension board member was appointed by the Chief , it was Lt Moss, there was no election or even a meeting it was all done in secreat

01-29-2008, 08:43 PM
We need to request a vote for a pension rep, the D/C has can not just apoint who he wants.

01-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Brother's and sister's when deciding who you want for a union rep, make the decsion based on who you think will do the best job and who will do the best job for everyone and not just for his own intrests, look at each person running and check out thier back ground and see what they have done in the past and what thier motive is for running.
Atleast one of the persons who is an acting rep now was the a PBA rep years ago and he is the one that brought in the FOP and was actully kicked out of the PBA for doing so. He is the same person that when he was a rep he allowed the chief to have the part time dispachters to be the first to pick thier shifts out of what OT was avalible in dispatch. His wife was and still is a part time dipatcher and I think that answers why he allowed this to happen.This is the same person who tried to have several members not to be repasented by the FOP even though he admitted that he belived that they did nothing wrong.This is the same person that was heard talking to a certin LT and agreeing that once the PBA comes in only reps will decide who gets repasented by the PBA and who doesn't.

Only one hint he runs the traffic unit.

vote for a rep that acts out of everyones best intrest and not for his own gain or is the chiefs pet.

01-30-2008, 03:23 AM
Well brother's and sister's if you haven't heard the property tax admenment passed and that means less money for the city now it's time to see what's going to be cut. Will it be our raise's?

Remember the city hasn't signed over the right to the contract from the FOP to the PBA and for any of you that know's the history of the city they failed to pay several year's of our contract when they had no money.

The ride is going to get wild hold on and let's see what's next.

01-30-2008, 04:04 AM
Remember the city inserted an article in the FOP contract that if the state passed an amendment the city could re-open the contract. So the fact that we went PBA is irrelevant, we knew the city would reopen the contact and probably the LT's. Hopefully, the city will honor the contract (LOL). :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now is the time to stick together , the city's being run by a bunch of "carpetbaggers" who are here for the short term and only in it for themselves. They will do whatever it takes to make themselves look good and bolster their resume', while selling us down the river.

01-30-2008, 06:55 AM
ya we are going to get it hard

01-30-2008, 06:46 PM
LOL stick together. So you want the old guys to stick up for the young ones so the young won'tt get layed off. The young are going to stick with the old guys so the old don't get forced out. The Officers are going to stick with the Sgts so the Sgts don't get demoted to cover for the forced out old and layed off young. This is Lake Worth eveyman and woman for themselves like always. Screw your Union , your buddy or his wife then youll get promoted to Chief and not have to worry about money or layoffs.

01-30-2008, 06:54 PM
Why are we not being told when and where the new PBA contract negotiations are being held so we can attend. EVeryone has a stake in this and it should attend so we dont have the same problems we did, I was told a meeting was held today

01-30-2008, 08:18 PM
The PBA meeting WAS placed on the conference room schedule at city hall for today at 2:30. It took three phone calls to City Hall and finally a visit there in person to get that information. At 2:30 I showed up for the meeting and waited...The meeting has been cancelled and not rescheduled and the public, I was told, is not invited to attend.

Nice. I wonder if the public will be invited to give a damn when the millage rate goes up to cover the tax cuts, or when personnel is cut; or when special units are pulled apart to make up for that; or when the dept self destructs from all the turmoil and uncertainty; or when the only neighborhood patrols we can depend on is courtesy of CRA overtime; or when the bad guys just finally take over.

Maybe officers are allowed to attend these meetings. Maybe not. But the city will have reps there to protect "their" budget. The union will have reps there hopefiully to look after the interests of the officers. Anybody looking after the citizens interests - you know, the ones who pay the bills and the ones who DEPEND on LWPD to get these bad guys before they get us! No one expects the citizens to have a say in these kinds of talks, but some of us are interested in seeing that LWPD has what it needs in resources and personnel equal to and better than what the bad guys have in store for us.

Again, I appreciate the opportunity to express my view here, but if anyone objects, I'll stop.

M.

01-30-2008, 08:27 PM
No Mary please don't stop , we need the residents to see the BS that is going on.They will try to keep everything quiet thats the way the police chief works this way he can tell everyone that everything is fine and you olny get his side of the story.

01-30-2008, 08:41 PM
Dear Concerned, I didn't mean that I'll stop sticking my nose in the city's business - even when it gets whacked once a while with a rolled up consent agenda! I meant I'll stop posting on this site if any of the members object. It's a great site and a good opportunity for officers to engage in discussion. I'm here as a guest and don't wish to abuse the privilege.

As far as the city goes - I am NOT a guest and I've made it my mission to know what my city leaders are up to.
M.

01-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Please Mary stay and read, thisway you know whats really going on and the chief can't come after us for taking to you.

01-30-2008, 10:06 PM
Let's don't jump out of our shorts just yet!,we haven't gave the PBA or acting reps any direction other than to look into the 11 hour shifts, they have no authority to agree to the 11 hours they must bring bring back what the city has to say then we make our minds up.

I'm affriad that they not only not offer us anything to goto these shifts, but I also fell thqt becuase of the tax vote yesterday the city even may take back some our raises on this contract.

No it's the wait and see game.
Hope for the best.

01-31-2008, 04:56 AM
I heard our PBA raps meet with the city already and attempted to get an increase for only the sgts pay, because thewy thought they were not properly compensaded during the Fop contract. Now they are trying take control without the body. What do expect from the chiefs boyz

The pba is controlled by the chief, dc and pe! we jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire

01-31-2008, 05:02 AM
thats nothing, i heard the city told the pba to pound sand threy not honor our contract or the Lt. they are demanding to reopen the contracts and re negotiate the salary, take away cars, lay-offs it chaos I tell ya , chaos!!

01-31-2008, 06:39 AM
Well boys and girls any city meeting is a public meeting which means there are notes which all are public record. If in fact the SGTs tried to get more money may or may not be true someone needs to pull the public records and find out. I don't beleive that the PBA would allow this to happen and if it did I beleive that they didn't know about it so lets not bash the PBA.
However if this did occur then we need to discuss this with Kaz at the PBA and if he knew nothing about this topic then we need to remove the acting reps that brought this up. If in fact there was a meeting , the acting reps should call a meeting and let us know what was offered and what wasn't and ask the reps if the Sgts were talked about and find out exactly what was discussed before we jump to conclusions.If in fact the reps tried to back door us by opening something that we never agreed for them to open then they have a problem a big problem.
If this did occur then we know that were not voting for these guys for reps.Remember we need to have officers as reps not suspervisors!!!!!!!!!

01-31-2008, 07:18 AM
The acting reps should post on our union board what was discussed in the meeting with the city.They should also call a local meeting to keep us up dated on these events.If they don't do this then they are trying to hide something from us.Lets demand a meeting.

02-01-2008, 02:22 PM
If you have a question, ask a Rep, don't start rumors and tell lies.

02-01-2008, 07:56 PM
If you have a question, ask a Rep, don't start rumors and tell lies.

No, if the acting reps don't have anything to hide then they should call a meeting.

02-01-2008, 08:05 PM
call a meeting or post a summary of what was doscussed and offered, I heard they went and asked for more money for 3 sgts and 1 dispatcher

02-02-2008, 05:16 AM
They are ashamed thatt they asked for money for the Sgts and nobody else, thats what Sgts as reps gets you, vote for officers only for reps

02-02-2008, 04:50 PM
There was a post from Mary Lindsey that says the posting was at CIty Hall, How come the general public gets notice but our own The self appointed reps post nothing. IS this just one goup against another or are we a union. Its time for an election to be held and reps elected not self appointed.

02-02-2008, 07:12 PM
There was a post from Mary Lindsey that says the posting was at CIty Hall, How come the general public gets notice but our own The self appointed reps post nothing. IS this just one goup against another or are we a union. Its time for an election to be held and reps elected not self appointed.

Your correct why are the appointed reps hidding meetings from us, are they trying to hide things from us ? Meetings are all pubic and we need to know where and when they are.

02-02-2008, 07:36 PM
To clarify, The PBA meeting was not posted at city hall. It was on the conference room schedule, but I only found that out by asking at the Information desk. The conference room schedule is an internal document used to schedule the room for meetings etc.

Regarding public meetings: Not all meetings held at City Hall are open to the public. Staff meetings are exempt from Sunshine laws as are other specific kinds of meetings; lawsuit negotiations etc. Meetings at which two or more elected officials are public meetings. Meetings of advisory boards, including pension boards are public meetings. Labor negotiations are public meetings. Termination hearings are public meetings. Public meetings must be posted in advance at City Hall, but all that means is the agenda must be up on the bulletin board, not necessarily on the city's website. It's up to the public to check the bulletin board for upcoming meetings. Also, items may be discussed at a meeting that are not on the agenda. All the city is required to do is give notice that a meeting is going to held.

Regarding public information, every piece of paper or electronic message is public record, with a few exceptions, but you have to know what specific piece of paper or message to ask for. The document has to exist. For example, you may ask for a list of all lawsuits pending against the city, but if no one has made such a list, you won't get it. You may ask to see the files on all lawsuits againt the city, but you'll be buried in an avalanche of paper and copy costs. How you frame the request is critical!

By the way, requests do not have to be in writing, although I strongly recommend it and the city must reply in a timely manner. Timely manner is not defined but generally means within 10 days. Hope this helps.
M.

02-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Mary,

You definitely post, Just The Facts, with no hidden agenda. Hopefully some on this site can learn from you. We all need to do what is best for the city and it's citizens.

Thank you :)

02-03-2008, 01:14 AM
Thanks Mary, most of this I knew and the fact we are trying to get at is what our acting reps asked for, they seem to have thier own intrests and not the intrests of everybody.

The acting reps are Sgts and they are trying to more for themselfs like always.

02-04-2008, 06:13 AM
MARY,

WORRY ABOUT THE POOP IN YOUR YARD AND WE'LL WORRY ABOUT THE POOP IN OURS!

02-04-2008, 01:40 PM
To Leave:

What does your last post to Mary mean? It seemed rude to me and I believe Mary is trying to help us officers.

02-04-2008, 06:37 PM
This is the administrative response to all our problems. Stop talking don't bring attention..... don't tell,,,,, worry about your world not the whole picture. They are afraid and by he way Mary lives in Lake Worth ,unlike any of the Lts, So the smell of poop is not from her yard but a few blocks away at the LWP. Just like many residence the wind has brought the PD problems out into the open

02-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Mary stay invivled I told you that they don't like persons from outisde knowing what gos on at the LWP the chief likes to keep it quiet so he can tell everybody everything here is fine, just a few cry babies.

02-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Hey MB

Get a spellchecker

Get a new prescription

Get a life

02-05-2008, 12:42 AM
I am actually happy Mary is involved. As a candidate for Mayor, she was very engaged in our issues at the PD. Please Mary, continue to post and listen to our concern. I have nothing, but praises for you. I can tell you this much. Administration is so worried about you finding this site and reading the posts.

02-06-2008, 01:35 AM
Hey Mary thanks for checking on us here's something for you the CPO Sgt is working all most all of the over time using CRA money.

I heard he made over One hundred thousand and ten thousand last year with his OT.

He is in a specail unit ,Comminuty Policing in staed of paying over time , no matter who pays it why don't they ajust his shifts to cover this why pay OT?

It's funny his shift use to start at 0800 AM but now it starts after that , which means they ajusted his shift so that everthing hour he works on this special detail is OT. If they can ajust his shift to come in later why can't they ajust his shift to come in early to cover all the special detail and save the money?
Specail units can ajust thier shifts to work special problems why isn't this being done .

02-06-2008, 01:42 AM
Hey Money Watcher,

I hope you write a police report better than you wrote your last post. You sound illiterate. Try again and make some sense.

02-06-2008, 02:01 AM
There is a Report Writing class going by the way. As much as I despise the person teaching it. It could help you out Money Watcher! :D

02-06-2008, 03:05 AM
I also have noticed that most of this OT has is being worked by the CPO unit. It actually seems that the schedule for it is written with them in mind. With OT being what little it is nowadays, it should be spread evenly so that every shift can have an opportunity to work it. In fact, I believe Article 29, Section 1 of the contract, if that still eixsts that is, says Overtime work for any positions class shall be allocated as equally as possible among all such members of that class.

02-06-2008, 03:55 AM
I'm still waiting for a positive post about anything. All you guys do is b*tch, moan and lie. :roll:

02-06-2008, 03:59 AM
If you can think of something positive to post, have at it. I would love to hear something positive for a change. Maybe lighten the mood a little bit.

02-06-2008, 07:01 AM
There is a Report Writing class going by the way. As much as I despise the person teaching it. It could help you out Money Watcher! :D

I wouldn't take that class if you paid me, it only teaches you how to write BS just like the instrutor. Nobody likes him in the department and he has to many issues he needs to seek professional help.

Remember the instructor, Pete use to write for a news paper what does that tell you.

02-06-2008, 07:10 AM
I also have noticed that most of this OT has is being worked by the CPO unit. It actually seems that the schedule for it is written with them in mind. With OT being what little it is nowadays, it should be spread evenly so that every shift can have an opportunity to work it. In fact, I believe Article 29, Section 1 of the contract, if that still eixsts that is, says Overtime work for any positions class shall be allocated as equally as possible among all such members of that class.
I asked to take comp time to work some of the Ot but I was told no, however others can change thier shift to work OT wow.
I agree if specail units (CPO's) are working most of the OT along Lake Ave and this is a problem area they should just change thier shifts and save the city the OT, its not like they do anything anyways.Hey even TPF steps up to the plate when working a special problem they change thier shifts to cover the problems why can't other units do the same. I think TPF really cares to do the best for the city.

02-06-2008, 07:15 AM
[quote="LW Guy":1k670omy]I also have noticed that most of this OT has is being worked by the CPO unit. It actually seems that the schedule for it is written with them in mind. With OT being what little it is nowadays, it should be spread evenly so that every shift can have an opportunity to work it. In fact, I believe Article 29, Section 1 of the contract, if that still eixsts that is, says Overtime work for any positions class shall be allocated as equally as possible among all such members of that class.
I asked to take comp time to work some of the Ot but I was told no, however others can change thier shift to work OT wow.
I agree if specail units (CPO's) are working most of the OT along Lake Ave and this is a problem area they should just change thier shifts and save the city the OT, its not like they do anything anyways.Hey even TPF steps up to the plate when working a special problem they change thier shifts to cover the problems why can't other units do the same. I think
TPF really cares to do the best for the city.[/quote:1k670omy]

Oh by the way you mentioned contract, we have none the city hasn't signed the rights of the FOP contract over to the PBA yet!!!!!

02-06-2008, 09:31 AM
to officer wants ot

they have to give you comp time if they have enough cops to work the road. they can not tell you want you can and can't do once you are off.

02-06-2008, 05:47 PM
to officer wants ot

they have to give you comp time if they have enough cops to work the road. they can not tell you want you can and can't do once you are off.

They don't and won't , it actully says that it is not an undue hardship for an employer to pay over time in lue of someone taking off using comp time , however they will not allow you to take comp time off if they have to pay OT to fill your slot.
If you complain then they say your a trouble maker and your the bad guy.
I was also told that if I pushed the matter then the chief will not allow anybody to build comp time.

02-06-2008, 05:55 PM
I love LWPD so much that I'd work for FREE if asked!!! Need a secretary Chief? :D

02-06-2008, 08:46 PM
I love LWPD so much that I'd work for FREE if asked!!! Need a secretary Chief? :D

I don't understand the entrie department- Dispatch, CID, TPF, Traffic , CPO and Road Patrol are all short we are down about 10 officer s and several dispatch positions are open , but the chiefs office is full with an Adm assistant and a Secretary.

Why doesn't the chief put his Adm Assistant back in dispatch to relieve some of the over time that is being paid to cover these open shifts? This would cover 40 hours of OT a week to start ,Mary if you are listening pull the over time from dispatch and see what it is costing the citizens.
To cover a 40 hour block in dispatch at time and a half this comes to an avergae of twenty dollars an hour and some times more if Sgts work the OT. So on a average thats eight hundred dollars a week X 52 weeks it comes to over forty five thousand a year by placing the chiefs Amd. Assistant back in dispatch it would cover atleast 40 hours of OT a week, what a savings.

02-06-2008, 09:31 PM
That department has money. It's just being mismanaged. LWPD needs a serious independent budget review or oversight. You have police officers and Sargeants working OT in Communications making double or triple the pay rate a first year dispatcher would make. Amazing!! Costing the city a lot of $$$$ Okay, I might have overexaggerated the last, but it is somewhat true. Chief, have your Assist-Admin help Commo. Disband TPF asap until we get this mess figured out. Ask the men in green to help you with our gang problems. Have their Street Team hit the city's street hard. Have their Vice agents give us a hand.

Or we could seriously consider what Riviera is doing. They use SO's CSI's and Investigators. That could free up are investigators to help out with the manpower issue on the road. Just brainstorming.

02-08-2008, 01:35 AM
That department has money. It's just being mismanaged. LWPD needs a serious independent budget review or oversight. You have police officers and Sargeants working OT in Communications making double or triple the pay rate a first year dispatcher would make. Amazing!! Costing the city a lot of $$$$ Okay, I might have overexaggerated the last, but it is somewhat true. Chief, have your Assist-Admin help Commo. Disband TPF asap until we get this mess figured out. Ask the men in green to help you with our gang problems. Have their Street Team hit the city's street hard. Have their Vice agents give us a hand.

Or we could seriously consider what Riviera is doing. They use SO's CSI's and Investigators. That could free up are investigators to help out with the manpower issue on the road. Just brainstorming.

Hey thats an idea, we use the SO for some crimes anyway this will let us focas on patrol , remember that patrol is the back bone of any agency -they forgot that around here. Only a real cop would know this and the chief was never a real cop.

02-08-2008, 02:00 AM
YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THE CHIEF. HE WAS A REAL COP FROM WHAT I HEAR. HE IS NOW AN ADMIN GUY. I WISH HE WOULD COME OUT TO TALK TO PEOPLE. HE NEEDS TO TALK TO US OUT HERE SO WE CAN GIVE HIM SOME IDEAS TO WORK WITH.

CHIEF, WE WANT TO HELP YOU WORK OUT OUR PROBLEMS. DON'T SHUT US OUT. WE WORK ON THE FRONT LINES. WE DON'T KNOW THE FRONT OFFICE LIKE YOU DO AND YOU DON'T KNOW THE STREETS LIKE WE DO. LISTEN TO WHITE AND COME TALK TO US.

02-08-2008, 03:23 AM
The chief isn't going to listen to anyone that is why he took away our suggestion boxs long ago he thinks he knows everything.
We need a vote of no confidence on him.

Bring in the SO now!!!!!!! We need a leader like the sheriff.

02-09-2008, 12:42 PM
The city needs to clean house Lt E , the cheif ,and a few others need to go.

02-09-2008, 10:07 PM
YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THE CHIEF. HE WAS A REAL COP FROM WHAT I HEAR. HE IS NOW AN ADMIN GUY. I WISH HE WOULD COME OUT TO TALK TO PEOPLE. HE NEEDS TO TALK TO US OUT HERE SO WE CAN GIVE HIM SOME IDEAS TO WORK WITH.

CHIEF, WE WANT TO HELP YOU WORK OUT OUR PROBLEMS. DON'T SHUT US OUT. WE WORK ON THE FRONT LINES. WE DON'T KNOW THE FRONT OFFICE LIKE YOU DO AND YOU DON'T KNOW THE STREETS LIKE WE DO. LISTEN TO WHITE AND COME TALK TO US.

Easy Tiger.....don't flip your wig...The chief knows you are one of his overly loyal minions that will do as told. If he stopped listening to the yes men, we wouldn't be in this mess. He just stays in his bunker and hopes for the best.

02-10-2008, 04:12 AM
No personal attacks from anonymous posters. MOD 425

02-12-2008, 02:31 AM
Wish his wig would like real for once

02-15-2008, 06:11 AM
any conrtact news?

02-16-2008, 09:57 PM
NOPE, HEARD THEY ARE WAITING FOR THE NEW HR DIRECTOR TO DO SOMETHING. CITY HALL SEEMS TO BE DRAGGING THEIR FEET ON THIS ONE!

02-17-2008, 03:04 AM
1033 traffic::::::

Just an other reason not to elect a Sgt as a PBA rep, recently an acting rep/sgt went after an officer.

remember they don't want to help us they only want control of the union so they can contiue to be the chief's do boys.

02-17-2008, 04:28 AM
1033 traffic::::::

Just an other reason not to elect a Sgt as a PBA rep, recently an acting rep/sgt went after an officer.

remember they don't want to help us they only want control of the union so they can contiue to be the chief's do boys.

So who is this "US" you are referring to?

02-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Who went after which cop?

02-17-2008, 03:35 PM
Reps should represent the body there are 70 patrolmen that should have a rep they should not be one of the 13 Sgtss who negotiate our contract. Has any one of these Sgt reps held a meeting with the patrolmen to asj us what we want or need answer NO

02-18-2008, 03:07 AM
the sgt rep is the same one that has done it in the past , I'll giv e you a hint he sits in his office all day and does nothing. Remember no ranking officers for reps when election time comes. There are around 70 of us and only 13 or so of them .

Sgts are only out for sgts

02-18-2008, 05:08 AM
the sgt rep is the same one that has done it in the past , I'll giv e you a hint he sits in his office all day and does nothing. Remember no ranking officers for reps when election time comes. There are around 70 of us and only 13 or so of them .

officers are only out for officer------nanny, nanny, pooh, pooh

02-18-2008, 10:11 PM
[quote="no sgts for reps":59uybn11]the sgt rep is the same one that has done it in the past , I'll giv e you a hint he sits in his office all day and does nothing. Remember no ranking officers for reps when election time comes. There are around 70 of us and only 13 or so of them .

officers are only out for officer------nanny, nanny, pooh, pooh[/quote:59uybn11]

Just the way I though a Sgt would reply growup!

No officers are out to make sure things are done correctly and there not acting on behalf of the chief.

02-18-2008, 11:09 PM
[quote="same old sh*t":wctbtepm][quote="no sgts for reps":wctbtepm]the sgt rep is the same one that has done it in the past , I'll giv e you a hint he sits in his office all day and does nothing. Remember no ranking officers for reps when election time comes. There are around 70 of us and only 13 or so of them .

officers are only out for officer------nanny, nanny, pooh, pooh[/quote:wctbtepm]

Just the way I though a Sgt would reply growup!

No officers are out to make sure things are done correctly and there not acting on behalf of the chief.[/quote:wctbtepm]

ALL OF THE SGT SUCK, WE SHOUILD DEMAND A VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE ON THEM! tHEN WE SHOULD DO A VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE ON THE LTS, THEN THE DC, THE CHIEF, THE THE CITY COMMISIONERS, THEN THE MAYOR, THEN THE GOVERNOR, THEN THE SENATORS, CONGRESS MEN AND SO-ON AND SO-ON. THEN US OFFICERS COULD RULE THE UNIVERSE

02-18-2008, 11:10 PM
[quote="no sgts for reps"]the sgt rep is the same one that has done it in the past , I'll giv e you a hint he sits in his office all day and does nothing. Remember no ranking officers for reps when election time comes. There are around 70 of us and only 13 or so of them .

Sgts are only out for sgts[/quote

LT ARE ONLY OUT FOR LTS

02-18-2008, 11:11 PM

Dispatchers are only out for dispatch

02-18-2008, 11:12 PM

you're only out for you

02-21-2008, 03:02 AM
What is going on with the 11 hour shifts?

02-21-2008, 05:28 PM
why is the union not telling us what is going on ???? When are we going to have a neeting???? We can all attend negotiations when and where are they and why is this all hidden from us. Why is the City not taking my PBA does am I represented not???? Do we have a contract or what?

02-22-2008, 05:16 AM
why is the union not telling us what is going on ???? When are we going to have a neeting???? We can all attend negotiations when and where are they and why is this all hidden from us. Why is the City not taking my PBA does am I represented not???? Do we have a contract or what?

GOOD, START RUMORS AND INUENDOS TO QUESIONS/ANSWERS YOU ALREADY KNOW. THE FO"ME" STRIKES AGAIN!

02-24-2008, 08:25 PM
The whole department is in disarray. Everyone is trying to leave. This is all a lost cause.

02-25-2008, 05:39 AM
I hope the PBA is going to do something fast , the city has said that if we don't agree to give up our raises due in the third year of the contract they won't allow the PBA to take over the contract that we just signed with the FOP.

02-25-2008, 12:58 PM
to the last poster>>>

Who told you the city will not sign? I want a name. I don't want to hear "I HEARD".

02-25-2008, 06:10 PM
when are we going to have a meeting This is the same secreat crap as before . new union same crap.We need to know whats going on peope

02-25-2008, 06:12 PM
[quote="lw cop"]to the last poster>>>

Who told you the city will not sign? I want a name. I don't want to hear "I HEARD".[/quote

The city's plan for allowing the PBA to take over the FOP contract will be as follows, they will allow the 11 hour shifts and the PBA to take over the contract but we will have to give up the last years raise in the contract for this to happen.

I like the 11 hour shifts , however I won't vote for it under these condictions.

We will have to vote on it and most of us will not give up our 3rd year of raises....
Hope the acting reps don't sell us out.

02-25-2008, 08:59 PM
The spelling bee dropout strikes again. No matter how many lies and rumors you start you'll never be elected as a rep again. Trying some more lies to keep 11 hour shifts away? :twisted: Finish out your time and retire. No one wants to hear any more lies. Even the new officers are sick of your crap. In your next career you should think about being a used car salesmen, politician, or if you learn to spell you might make a good defense lawyer as you have whining down pat.

02-25-2008, 11:54 PM
The spelling bee dropout strikes again. No matter how many lies and rumors you start you'll never be elected as a rep again. Trying some more lies to keep 11 hour shifts away? :twisted: Finish out your time and retire. No one wants to hear any more lies. Even the new officers are sick of your crap. In your next career you should think about being a used car salesmen, politician, or if you learn to spell you might make a good defense lawyer as you have whining down pat.

Ok we will see who has the correct scoop , the spelling drop out or the LT who nobody likes, Oh by the way I'm not running for rep. and I was never a rep . .

02-26-2008, 05:21 AM
[quote="Miss Pellar":2mehcaid]The spelling bee dropout strikes again. No matter how many lies and rumors you start you'll never be elected as a rep again. Trying some more lies to keep 11 hour shifts away? :twisted: Finish out your time and retire. No one wants to hear any more lies. Even the new officers are sick of your crap. In your next career you should think about being a used car salesmen, politician, or if you learn to spell you might make a good defense lawyer as you have whining down pat.

Ok we will see who has the correct scoop , the spelling drop out or the LT who nobody likes, Oh by the way I'm not running for rep. and I was never a rep . .[/quote:2mehcaid]

If this is true then the FTO's should refuse to train the new officers coming in. This will get the city off their ass.

02-27-2008, 05:55 AM
[quote="spy at city hall":1ri4g2ss][quote="Miss Pellar":1ri4g2ss]The spelling bee dropout strikes again. No matter how many lies and rumors you start you'll never be elected as a rep again. Trying some more lies to keep 11 hour shifts away? :twisted: Finish out your time and retire. No one wants to hear any more lies. Even the new officers are sick of your crap. In your next career you should think about being a used car salesmen, politician, or if you learn to spell you might make a good defense lawyer as you have whining down pat.

Ok we will see who has the correct scoop , the spelling drop out or the LT who nobody likes, Oh by the way I'm not running for rep. and I was never a rep . .[/quote:1ri4g2ss]

If this is true then the FTO's should refuse to train the new officers coming in. This will get the city off their ass.[/quote:1ri4g2ss]

if that's true, city hall will refuse to pay your 5%

02-29-2008, 01:35 AM
Friday 2pm at city hall for negotiations on contract. Plan on giving up our 1/2 hour lunch, back pay. The more they take the more the guys will leave.

02-29-2008, 05:28 AM
Funny though because it seems like they are coming back. I guess things aren't as bad as you say they are lw cop. :twisted:

02-29-2008, 04:03 PM
everyone needs to attend we need to see not be told. LEts stopp rumors before they start by participating

02-29-2008, 10:27 PM
What happened?

03-03-2008, 07:31 AM
Does anyone know what is going on with our contract ?

03-03-2008, 06:11 PM
do we have a third yeat of the contract or are we getting screwed by the City

03-03-2008, 08:08 PM
do we have a third yeat of the contract or are we getting screwed by the City

We are getting screwed.

03-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Does anyone know if we are going PBSO? The city did get the numbers already I think.

03-03-2008, 10:49 PM
The following letter was received at City Hall today:
"Dear Mayor Clemens,
This letter is to inform you and the City of Lake Worth, that as of March1, 2008 the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office is no longer interested in a merger between law enforcement agencies, and will no longer pursue this matter. As always, you can count on the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office to provide any assistance you request in the future.
Sincerely,
Ric Bradshaw, Sheriff"

03-03-2008, 10:57 PM
"Dear Mayor Clemens,
This letter is to inform you and the City of Lake Worth, that as of March1, 2008 the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office is no longer interested in a merger between law enforcement agencies, and will no longer pursue this matter. As always, you can count on the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office to provide any assistance you request in the future.
Sincerely,
Ric Bradshaw, Sheriff"

Is this a joke?

03-03-2008, 11:04 PM
No, It's not a joke. It's a shame.

03-03-2008, 11:47 PM
"Dear Mayor Clemens,
Sincerely,
Ric Bradshaw, Sheriff"

Ok brother and sister's the letter is real and on Friday the city stuck it to us again..... The city wants us to drop the lunch issue before they will allow the PBA to take over our contract, souds like extrotion to me or at least an unfair labor practice. we should have never left the FOP now hear we sit with no contract and no where to turn, I quess we can thank Randy, Rich , Steve and all the other cry babies we now have no union . no contract. But thats the way the chief wants it he has total control over us now we can't even fight any disapline becuase we have no grevience proceder in place as we have no contract, thanks again boys.

let's see how our acting reps act now that they have to go against the chief , they will sell us out just like in the past.better go and get some lube and be ready becuase it isn't over yet.

03-03-2008, 11:48 PM
No, It's not a joke. It's a shame.

I hope the new guys learn quickly, and leave as soon as they can. Get your applications out now while BBPD and PBSO are hiring. This department is dying. Maybe we should have a sick out. This will cost them for overtime they don't have money for. I wish I was a FTO so I could tell them I will not train the new guys. I hope the FTO's all back out of training. They can not force any of us to train the new officers.

03-04-2008, 12:19 AM
WOW...what a mess!!!! I'd warn you all about calling a sick out. It's not going to do us any good. PBSO isn't hiring like you think. The process is quite lengthy. They are hiring based off retirements, termination, and resignations. There is so many applicants in their pool on a waiting list. The property taxes amendment really put a strain on PBC. Chief, I'd start giving us pep talks before morale hits bottom line. Officers calling out sick, overworked officers prone to making errors, dissent, and so forth.

03-04-2008, 01:20 AM
WOW...what a mess!!!! I'd warn you all about calling a sick out. It's not going to do us any good. PBSO isn't hiring like you think. The process is quite lengthy. They are hiring based off retirements, termination, and resignations. There is so many applicants in their pool on a waiting list. The property taxes amendment really put a strain on PBC. Chief, I'd start giving us pep talks before morale hits bottom line. Officers calling out sick, overworked officers prone to making errors, dissent, and so forth.

EDIT MOD425, Language

03-04-2008, 12:26 PM
The tax amendment and tight budget had a lot to do with why PBSO is "no longer interested in a merger." Tranferring pension plans from 185 to FRS was also a big obstacle to overcome. Money issues that might have had a better chance of being worked out IF:

1. IF...The City of LW was sincere in their negotiations. Commission sez DO IT - Finance Dept sez GO AHEAD AND MAKE US TRY. Who's running the show here?

2. IF...The Chief and top brass cared more about the dept and citizens and less about keeping their own jobs. They might have been welcome in the PBSO if they had shown some real leadership.

3. IF...The dept wasn't splintered into factions

4. IF...Information about the merger wasn't treated like a state secret. Rumors went wildly unchecked, unverified and no one was sure of anything.

5. IF..the public had been better informed about the benefits of a merger and not fed a steady diet of misinformation and fear.

And finally, I have to wonder how motivated PBSO was to continue negotiations after a City Commissioner spouts allegations of brutality and no one at City Hall denounces her for using her official title and authority to represent the city to further her PERSONAL agenda. Talk about abuse of power!

03-04-2008, 01:52 PM
All I can say is SHAME- SHAME- SHAME, Cheif Smith or should we call you chef Smith becuase your surley not a cheif, a real Chief who cares about his city and employees would have never let it get this bad or would he have treated his employees like you have.

Oh I forgot you have no shame , not within the department or outside the department either.

03-04-2008, 02:10 PM
This citu has told us they can't afford us. They are trying to attack our pension system..... who knows if we will even have one when they are through. They have already said they may not fund our contract. There is no future here other than you may get shot or killed from the crime ridden streets, The CIty and Chief do not care for us they want to take from us and give nothing in return. Politicians have lied to us.... face it ,our CIty is at war with our bennifits and wages We need to start screening canidates for Ccommission and Mayor who understand the law enforcement problems in Lake Worh. The only people in this CIty who are in more danger then the Cops are the CItizens. They need us to do our jobs and we need them to get commissioners who care about solving the crime problems and protecting the cops. PBSO was that answer. Moral can not get much lower

03-04-2008, 02:15 PM
What is the PBA doing about this !!!!!! If we want to leave can they help us processed quickly at PBSO

03-04-2008, 05:03 PM
will someone teell me if we signed a contract for 3 years why we don'have one now . Was there a vote to get ride of our contract

03-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Anyboby read the article in the Sun Sentinel about the Ft. Lauderdale Police Department? Seems like both of the PD's have something in common "No Contract". And they have been in negotiations for over a year, and still have do not a contract. :cry:

03-04-2008, 08:12 PM
will someone teell me if we signed a contract for 3 years why we don'have one now . Was there a vote to get ride of our contract

This very question was asked and answered at the meeting last week. The current contract is in effect and will remain in effect until it expires in 18 months or so. The union and the city have to each agree to open the contract before then if they want to renegotiate any of the terms. Talks on a new contract usually begin a year or so in advance of the expiration but the current contract remains in effect.

03-04-2008, 10:30 PM

This very question was asked and answered at the meeting last week. The current contract is in effect and will remain in effect until it expires in 18 months or so. The union and the city have to each agree to open the contract before then if they want to renegotiate any of the terms. Talks on a new contract usually begin a year or so in advance of the expiration but the current contract remains in effect.

If this is true then why don't you print your name to this post , or why doesn't the city put out a letter that stating that they intend to honor the 3 year contract and all articles within it. And why don't they sign over the rights to the contract to the PBA this would set aside most of our concearns , this also would show us that the city isn't trying to screw us out of anything in the contract. Howvever if they don't do this one can only guess what they have in store for us down the road.

03-04-2008, 10:36 PM
33460 seems to be well informed. Please keep posting.

03-05-2008, 01:30 AM

If this is true then why don't you print your name to this post , or why doesn't the city put out a letter that stating that they intend to honor the 3 year contract and all articles within it. And why don't they sign over the rights to the contract to the PBA this would set aside most of our concearns , this also would show us that the city isn't trying to screw us out of anything in the contract. Howvever if they don't do this one can only guess what they have in store for us down the road.

Then why doesn't the city sign over the rights to the contract to the PBA now what are they waiting for? I think they have something up thier sleeve.

The city could just settle all of this by just doing the right thing , why aren't our acting reps demanding this from the city , why isn't the PBA stepping in , a lot of questions and no answers.

03-05-2008, 03:38 AM
"Then why doesn't the city sign over the rights to the contract to the PBA now what are they waiting for? I think they have something up thier sleeve."

The city could just settle all of this by just doing the right thing , why aren't our acting reps demanding this from the city , why isn't the PBA stepping in , a lot of questions and no answers."

The city is not signing off on the PBA yet, because they are positioning for power in the next contract negotiations.

The PBA is solidifying their position as the new bargaining agent - not an easy thing to do when the city is so well aware of the in-fighting in the dept.

Keep the veterans and rookies at each other's throats. Keep the FOP and PBA battle going. Do everything possible to keep the department divided any way they can and the city wins. Oldest trick in the book.

03-05-2008, 04:19 AM
Where's Dr. Phil when you need him??

03-05-2008, 05:03 AM
The city will allow the PBA to bargin a new contract , it will cover everything in our current contract but they won't fund the 3rd year of raises , thats what I'm hearing. Time will tell.

Lets all stick together.....

03-05-2008, 07:36 AM
The city will allow the PBA to bargin a new contract , it will cover everything in our current contract but they won't fund the 3rd year of raises , thats what I'm hearing. Time will tell.

Lets all stick together.....

Like he said, let us all stick together. We all need to go to the PBA meeting which I hope will be held soon. No rumors, just facts please.