PDA

View Full Version : Giving Up On The FOP

01-27-2008, 03:21 PM
I thought about what I have received from the FOP and what I have paid and really I have decided that all I use the FOP for is legal defense if needed. It for me is time to walk away from the FOP.

I do not feel that a small black appointment book once a year and John Paleo (sorry Spelling) are worth my $390.00 a year in dues.

We have no contract and I do not feel that the City of Lauderhill values or respects the FOP in one instance.

I will look into other organizations that can do the collective bargaining for the PD and will let everyone know what else is out there for the rank and file officers. We can go away from the FOP and perhaps that is the most viable option in order to obtain the kind of contract we need.

The City Manager and City Council are not afraid and will not budge with the current FOP appointed representative for the PD and really we keep making the same demands with the same results.

We need fresh faces that the City Government does not know to stir up the pot. I go to the meetings and voice my opinion and that opinion all along was for a change in FOP appointed representation.

Until then I will purchase the Extended Law Enforcement Legal Plan from this is the company ($5.00 a month less expensive then the FOP dues):

(http://wserver0.prepaidlegal.com/Multis ... plan=ELOLP (http://wserver0.prepaidlegal.com/Multisite/JSP/corp/corpplan.jsp?region=FL&plan=ELOLP))

Just in case I might need it.

My thoughts on the matter are just that mine. Everyone is different and has different thoughts but the one thing I know for certain is we need fresh faces and a strong approach from the FOP State Representatives.

01-27-2008, 04:11 PM
I am quiting too!

01-28-2008, 01:32 AM
www.bruceripley.com (http://www.bruceripley.com) ... ask for the Law Enforcement Extended Legal Plan in Florida. Alternative to the FOP for legal defense. I signed up today ... $25.00 a month.

01-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Joined the PBA today ... Let you know how that goes!

01-29-2008, 12:23 AM
How do you join the PBA? And also, I heard of another type of union out here, I cant remember what it was called. I think it was FOPE? Let us know what steps to take because I am tired of giving free money to these idiots who cant get us a contract. Of course when I say idiots, I am referring to the FOP and the officers that I do not see when I go to a FOP meeting.

02-02-2008, 03:40 AM
Here is the latest update on the FOP contract meeting commin up next week:

"As of 2-1-2008 City Manager Faranda has agreed to attend the general FOP meeting set for 2-5-2008. It is somewhat unknown as to what exactly he plans to discuss, however, it is a good opportunity to show unity among the membership and respectfully pose questions directly to the top. Please understand, and express to those who don’t, the importance of their attendance at this meeting. Please keep in mind we are now actively engaged in the negotiation process again. Please advise all of those under your command of this development."

Pass the info along. WE NEED TO FLOOD THE ROOM WITH PEOPLE !!

Even if your deciding to quit. Still show up and help the rest of us out !!

02-02-2008, 03:40 AM
Here is the latest update on the FOP contract meeting commin up next week:

"As of 2-1-2008 City Manager Faranda has agreed to attend the general FOP meeting set for 2-5-2008. It is somewhat unknown as to what exactly he plans to discuss, however, it is a good opportunity to show unity among the membership and respectfully pose questions directly to the top. Please understand, and express to those who don’t, the importance of their attendance at this meeting. Please keep in mind we are now actively engaged in the negotiation process again. Please advise all of those under your command of this development."

Pass the info along. WE NEED TO FLOOD THE ROOM WITH PEOPLE !!

Even if your deciding to quit. Still show up and help the rest of us out !!