PDA

View Full Version : Department Leadership

01-27-2008, 08:35 AM
That’s why there needs to be a change at the top. Several areas show he is as bad as the dolphins with decisions and judging talent. Look at the last several captains who have been promoted. At least three of them were recommended for termination in FTO. Another coughs up snot yelling on the radio when we start a to chase bad guys because she wants to go back to sleeping all night in her office. MG you need drapes, all we have to do is drive by to see the lights off. They have shown no signs of figuring out how to lead people. Between the entire staff they may have five years of road time in a zone. I have not been here long enough to personnel confirm but I can’t wait to see how a major is going to run patrol when he has one year in patrol his entire career with none of them as a sgt, capt, or major so I’ve been told .

When we start wasting time at homeowners meetings a public affairs job that the two in there never do we can reduce some crime. Obviously they are more concerned with keeping the citizen with the loudest complaints happy than preventing crime. IBP was nothing but waste of time. Whoever came up with that stupid money wasting program should have been fired. The city has no money to hire cops but we can spend probably thousands on coins. With all the money we spent on those dumbass red blue coaster/coins we could have paid a squad to go out and prevent crime.

I Didn't want the discussion to continue under Rivera's name because someone put her whole name out there...... but I agree with the above statement.

Leadership in the department by the command staff is BIG TIME LACKING!
Kinda like the dolphins.

We are definetly a REACTIVE DEPARTMENT.

I would like to know was the idea to pick up warrants around the city ours or was it parole and probation? Can anyone shed some light.

01-27-2008, 03:12 PM
MICRO MANAGEMENT DOESN'T MEAN LEADERSHIP !

THE BOSSES HERE WILL NOT GET IT!

BECAUSE YOU COMMAND ME TO FOLLOW U INTO BATTLE DOES NOT MEAN WE WILL WIN, IT MEANS I AM FOLLOWING YOU BECAUSE YOU WEAR STRIPES AND YOU TOLD ME TO, LIKELY THE PION IS THINKING I HOPE THE JERKOFF BOSS GETS KILLED THE WHOLE TIME. THE DIFFERENCE IS A LEADER, WHEN YOU FOLLOW YOUR LEADER INTO BATTLE YOUR PROUD AND BEING LEAD YOU TRUST YOUR BOSS YOU RESPECT THEM AND YOU WANT TO DO GOOD.

IF THE RANKING PEOPLE HERE UNDERSTOOD THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A LEADER AND A SUPERVISOR THINGS WOULD BE A WORLD DIFFERENT.

01-27-2008, 06:37 PM
Very well said!!!!!!!

01-27-2008, 06:38 PM
All the griping on this site Im not suprised that people are not leaving! Are people looking elsewhere? I couldnt beleive we did not lose anyone to Miami Gardens

01-27-2008, 06:42 PM
What about the new Capt's coming to the road. Never worked for any of them yet. Any chance things will get a little better at least?

01-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Theres only a few supervisors that I will go into battle with..... The others im gonna 23 for more units

01-28-2008, 02:00 AM
When you a earning a college degree , one of the courses you can take is a leadership course. It explains a whole lot about some people who work here and call themselves leaders. They are actually managers, not leaders- big difference. Only a couple "leaders" here, and none rank higher than sgt.

01-28-2008, 03:16 AM
is it me or is Delta 4 always on the radio?

01-30-2008, 12:59 AM
I would like to know was the idea to pick up warrants around the city ours or was it parole and probation? Can anyone shed some light.

actually safe streets would pick up warrants whenever they had free time. they requested to work with P&P a few times when the gang stuff got big and when CB came into the unit he made it happen.

01-31-2008, 04:40 AM
Another coughs up snot yelling on the radio when we start a to chase bad guys because she wants to go back to sleeping all night in her office. MG you need drapes, all we have to do is drive by to see the lights off.

How can this happen if there are cameras there. All they need to do is watch how many times she wakes up and walks out of her office to empty her flem bag. She is Butt F@#%$ing Ugly so I dont never complain if she does not show up on our scenes and embarrasses mpd.

02-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Is our new road major going to be showing up on every call and telling us how to do our job. If i knew it was going to be this bad I woulda bid alpha and made more money at the same time. I thought we were going to get a break when ID666 was moved. This dude looks like he will be just like him. He is clueless and now I have to deal with him in SWAT. By the time he gets done talking the operation could have been over.

02-09-2008, 08:37 PM
whos the new road Major?

02-10-2008, 01:02 AM
The Captains and Majors complain about Officer tactics but how many in the command staff actually were pro active and got down and dirty NONE!!

they all scream on the radio like John Black when he got his glasses knocked off his face! :evil: :lol: haha

and way to taser the victim you douche

02-10-2008, 03:00 AM
R Black is the new road major. His first priority was to make our sgt's show videos in roll call on how to use a siren to respond to a robbery in progress.

Are you f#$%ing kidding me! In one week on the road he looks like he was hit by a truck. He is so confused and lost out there. We do not have time to sit thru this BS video junk so he can learn how to do police work for the first time. If he is so out of touch that he makes an entire squad sit and watch movies on sirens then he needs to go back to ride with an FTO???

Any recruit just getting off FTO knows more than this guy. I hope this gets back to the chief quick because there is no way he would have experienced officers sit and watch police academy 101 training all over again while we are getting our arses kicked out there.

02-10-2008, 03:10 AM
The Captains and Majors complain about Officer tactics but how many in the command staff actually were pro active and got down and dirty NONE!!

they all scream on the radio like John Black when he got his glasses knocked off his face! :evil: :lol: haha

WELL SAID!

02-10-2008, 03:26 AM
The next video is on booking prisoners at Wanado City.

02-10-2008, 04:30 AM
the next roll call training video is how to identfy defective tires

02-10-2008, 07:42 PM
RB should apply at Wackenhut. That is more of his level of work. He is treating us like that. I just sit there and laugh because the chair in roll call beats driving around in the heat. I was surprised he even knew how to trun on a siren in a mrked unit.

Hopefully someone will show him how to put on his duty gear because he looks like bozo with this belt on sideways.

02-11-2008, 06:10 PM
You know, If all of the officers would know how to respond to a bank robbery then we wouldnt have to sit and watch videos!!!! SHit keep running to a call with the siren on and pull up in front of the bank. NICE JOB!!!! I bet if evryone had a Tac vest it would have been done correct right??

02-12-2008, 01:27 AM
yeah RB would look good in a wackanut monkey suit, he could work at the hospital under retired captain brownnose

02-12-2008, 01:28 AM
You know, If all of the officers would know how to respond to a bank robbery then we wouldnt have to sit and watch videos!!!! shizzat keep running to a call with the siren on and pull up in front of the bank. NICE JOB!!!! I bet if evryone had a Tac vest it would have been done correct right??

dats rite.

02-12-2008, 08:53 PM
well when you buy the tac vest it gives you a magical knowledge on how to do everything. it comes from the same power as getting promoted to sgt. and capt. some leaders are born with it, and dont need this special power, but others pay a leo discounted price for it. see how well it works for some of our leaders.

02-14-2008, 03:34 AM
Well getting promoted he is like most any where around the country. If you pass the test and score high enough union rules say they must promote. So until we change the rules there is not much we can do.

02-15-2008, 02:53 AM
Dude is going to get us hurt out her. If the major is stressing over sirens what the hell is he going to do when we have a pursuit.

02-15-2008, 02:55 AM
Dude is going to get us hurt out her. If the major is stressing over sirens what the hell is he going to do when we have a pursuit.

Might need to email him a 10 code sheet so he know what we are doing.

02-19-2008, 03:56 AM
Well getting promoted he is like most any where around the country. If you pass the test and score high enough union rules say they must promote. So until we change the rules there is not much we can do.

Thats where you are wrong. This Chief has made it a point to skip whoever he has wanted to, as many times as he has wanted to just to promote.....you guessed it, who he wants to. Union rules only states that he must promote from the top 3. As soon as he promotes someone from the top 3, someone new is added to the top 3. He has done it time and time again....ML got skipped so he could promote his buddy Anterio....DW got skipped multiple times and then finally promoted(not sayin it was the best decision), BG got skipped back in the day and lets not forget TW, who got skipped multiple times for standing up for what he believed in. So please, your right about changing the rules.....but it will never be a flawless system. If you promote striaght down the list, you could be stuck with SR, who has no road experience, or he can skip everybody to get to his boys....which would you prefer????

02-21-2008, 06:45 PM
Check your homework, there is the truth and the stories made up to make someone feel better about being skipped.

02-22-2008, 04:05 AM
This thing about changing around the command staff is great. It keeps everone on their toes and doesn't let anyone become complaicent.

02-22-2008, 04:56 AM
Yeah Im okay with changing the command staff and all but it depends on which command staff you end up with whether or not it was a good or bad thing.

02-22-2008, 03:07 PM
Yeah Im okay with changing the command staff and all but it depends on which command staff you end up with whether or not it was a good or bad thing.

There are only a few bad ones. One was taken off of patrol, one sleeps all night in her office and one was deported out of state for school so he can’t start anymore IA's. The others we have to wait and see how they are on the road. From the comments on here we have another back stabbing ass%%## or two and some racist to deal with.

02-22-2008, 05:36 PM
Well, I do notice a difference in patrol. Lots of new things, good things. I dont know who made the change to the minimun staffing, but that was a very smart move.

02-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Well, I do notice a difference in patrol. Lots of new things, good things. I dont know who made the change to the minimun staffing, but that was a very smart move.

The Chief made the change in staffing as he is the onlyone that can approve that.

02-22-2008, 09:17 PM

ID 666 is gone, thats the best change.

02-22-2008, 11:50 PM
Good for the road that ID 666 is gone but bad for communications

02-23-2008, 01:00 AM
Good for the road that ID 666 is gone but bad for communications

...and MIS, Fleet and anyone who will need something done fast.

02-25-2008, 09:56 PM

WELL SAID!

TELL THIS STORY MR TOUGH GUY BLACK GOT HIS A KICKED ? PLEASE SHARE???

02-27-2008, 09:59 AM
He didn't get his A SS kicked! All he got was his seeing eyeglasses knocked off his face by a subject and screamed like a little girl on the radio.......

02-27-2008, 07:10 PM
Thats hilarious long time coming with his mouth !

02-28-2008, 03:20 PM
[/quote]TELL THIS STORY MR TOUGH GUY BLACK GOT HIS A KICKED ? PLEASE SHARE???[/quote]

Are we refering to the officer or brass version of that name? Either way, it's pretty funny.