PDA

View Full Version : THANKS THE MEDIA

01-25-2008, 02:29 AM
Thanks to the media for continuing to dig into what happened here. i said it from the beginning after all these guys i work with and charlotte county folks patting each other on the back for a "good job.".. they are pathetic and the mistakes made are sickening. the media should keep digging.

Thursday, Jan. 24, 2008 at 12:58 p.m.

Charlotte did not issue regional alert on 911 call, sheriff says

By JOHN DAVIS

john.davis@heraldtribune.com

The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office never sent out a regional “be on the lookout” alert, warning other law enforcement agencies to search for a green Chevrolet Camaro on the night of Denise Amber Lee’s abduction and murder.

The alert, known as a BOLO, “was issued to Charlotte County Officers only,” Charlotte County Sheriff John Davenport acknowledged in an e-mail this morning.
“I was mistaken when I told you it had been issued to both Sarasota” and North Port, he added.

Davenport had said Wednesday that a 6:35 p.m. alert on Jan. 17 was sent out regionally regarding the green Camaro in the vicinity of Toledo Blade Boulevard and U.S. 41, near the Charlotte County-North Port line.

Davenport refused to release information about whether his office dispatched a deputy to pursue the green Camaro in response to a 6:30 p.m. 911 call from Janet Kowalski.

Kowalski described a woman fighting with a man and screaming as he drove south on U.S. 41 in northern Charlotte County.

Davenport said the office is investigating its response to the call. It is clear that searchers in North Port, including officers from Charlotte, Sarasota and the Florida Highway Patrol, did not respond to the Kowalski call that night.

Kowalski was not formally interviewed by investigators until Sunday, the day after Lee’s body was found in a wooded area near Interstate 75 and Toledo Blade, the last street Kowalski spotting King driving on.

01-25-2008, 02:31 AM
This is looking real bad and I cannot believe Kowalski was not interviewed until Sunday? WTF? This is Lewis and Estrada's responsibility and both should be GONE!

Kowalski was not formally interviewed by investigators until Sunday, the day after Lee’s body was found in a wooded area near Interstate 75 and Toledo Blade, the last street Kowalski spotting King driving on.

01-25-2008, 03:15 AM
where u been, nppd did not even know of this person because of a ccso mistake and you blame others! go away

01-25-2008, 04:04 AM
Nppd is trying to point fingers and blame. How about the fact the neighbor of Denise Lee was not interviewed until approximately an hour to a hour and a half after Nathan Lee first reported Denise missing?! I would say that is a major screw up. One of the NPPD brass was quoted in the news as saying NPPD was still "assessing the situation" and that is why the neighbor was not talked to right away. Had they talked to the neighbor right away things may have ended up different. Apparently investigations is not NPPD's strong point.....

01-25-2008, 04:26 AM
seems the person with the username of sso is pointing fingers and for the last response you obviously dont know anything either but of course the media is always right

01-25-2008, 04:28 AM
To sac...except for the quote from the paper, my post is from first hand knowledge......

01-25-2008, 10:40 AM
With who? a reporter? Like sac said, you obviously weren't on scene.

01-25-2008, 01:20 PM
hey realitycheck, you claim finger pointing, where does nppd do that? I haven't heard anyone from nppd say anything bad about ccso or any other agency. if you were there and you are a real officer why didn't you interview the neighbor? As far as I can see everyone did a great job. I don't know what happened with the ccso 911 call but it only appears that this info did not go out to the officers that needed to know.

01-25-2008, 01:59 PM
Nppd is trying to point fingers and blame. How about the fact the neighbor of Denise Lee was not interviewed until approximately an hour to a hour and a half after Nathan Lee first reported Denise missing?! I would say that is a major screw up. One of the NPPD brass was quoted in the news as saying NPPD was still "assessing the situation" and that is why the neighbor was not talked to right away. Had they talked to the neighbor right away things may have ended up different. Apparently investigations is not NPPD's strong point.....

Your and idiot, the officers on scene interviewed the neighbor withing the first 5-10 min. I asked them, so you really don't know what you are talking about.

01-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Here's from today's Sun-herald:

The affidavit that the North Port Police Department released three days later, Davenport said, had more information than the 9-1-1 call. He said:

Kowalski did not say a driver pushed her down in the car
Kowalski did not someone was slapping at the window
Kowalski did not say whether it was a man or woman in the car
She did not mention whether it was a green Camaro or any type of car

Interesting. To northporter, whats pathetic now?

01-26-2008, 06:16 PM
To Northporter:

I guess you still believe in Santa too? Keep reading the newspapers for all your facts. In fact, I hope you believe everthing you read there since that would give you an excuse for your stupidity evidenced by what you blog here. Have a nice life. Your spending your hard earned money on that newspaper for all the truth you will ever need to seek. Case and Point.....YOUR DUMB.

01-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Lewis and Davenport are both praying that a gag order is issued for the defense so they don't have to answer anymore embarrassing questions by the media or the public. In fact don't expect any media announcements by the NPPD over the weekend.
The public will not see the autopsy report till the trial.
So don't plan on getting any answers for about a year people.

01-26-2008, 11:19 PM
To Northporter:

I guess you still believe in Santa too? Keep reading the newspapers for all your facts. In fact, I hope you believe everthing you read there since that would give you an excuse for your stupidity evidenced by what you blog here. Have a nice life. Your spending your hard earned money on that newspaper for all the truth you will ever need to seek. Case and Point.....YOUR DUMB.

I would rather spend my money on the paper then have my tax money go to a police department that does not care what the public wants to know.

Of course Lewis's heart felt speech was full of fact and informative.
NOT!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll:

I am sure he was still upset in not being able to finnish his round of golf at the Florida Police Chiefs Association Conference in St. Augustine.
Was it held at some Holiday Inn Express?
Not hardly it was held at Renaissance Resort at World Golf Village. One of the most expensive golf resorts on the east cost.
http://www.worldgolfrenaissance.com/index.cfm

Plus I am sure he had a terrible meal at a closed to the public dinner at the Murray Bros Caddyshack Restaurant.

http://www.murraybrotherscaddyshack.net/

01-27-2008, 03:33 AM
So this ran how much for the time he stayed there?
And who's money was used to attend it?