PDA

View Full Version : LPD RECRUITER?

01-25-2008, 02:08 AM
How come the recruiter never responds to emails?.......ever! Thanks.

01-25-2008, 06:46 AM
welcome to Lauderhill

01-25-2008, 11:59 PM
LOL

YEP, THE HILL IS THE GREATEST

01-27-2008, 04:59 AM
Its annoying not getting responded to! :x

01-27-2008, 01:43 PM
heres your response

01-28-2008, 11:20 PM
Let it be a blessing in disguise, apply anywhere but here. The city treats cops here like garbage! People leaving this department like rats from a sinking ship!

01-29-2008, 11:28 PM
Let it be a blessing in disguise, apply anywhere but here. The city treats cops here like garbage! People leaving this department like rats from a sinking ship!

Really??

Every dept seems to complain about something though

01-30-2008, 10:45 PM
DEAR APPLICIANT:

IF YOU LIKE LOW PAY, LOW MORALE AND CRAPPY BOSSES, COME ON IN AND APPLY!

THIS DEPARTMENT IS COMING TO AN END. I KNOW OF AT LEAST 7 OFFICERS THAT ARE GETTING READY TO DROP THEIR LETTERS........

LAUDERHILL SUCKS!

01-30-2008, 11:36 PM
If it wasn't for the fact that I am nearing top out pay, I would have applied somewhere else. I mean 11 years to top out!!! I am too old to start over. If you have 3 years or less you need to get out while you can. God forbid you get into a shooting incident and you pop some rounds off at someone in self defense. This agency will hunt you down like a dog and put you through the ringer like you are some kind of criminal. Plus they will break policy and laws to while they are going after you. It is not worth it. Do your home work and apply somewhere else.

01-31-2008, 01:23 AM
If it wasn't for the fact that I am nearing top out pay, I would have applied somewhere else. I mean 11 years to top out!!! I am too old to start over. If you have 3 years or less you need to get out while you can. God forbid you get into a shooting incident and you pop some rounds off at someone in self defense. This agency will hunt you down like a dog and put you through the ringer like you are some kind of criminal. Plus they will break policy and laws to while they are going after you. It is not worth it. Do your home work and apply somewhere else.

You said it, that is the truth - but, they will still say you're a liar....

01-31-2008, 01:40 AM
FT LAUDERDALE PD HAS 50 OPENINGS, LATERAL YOU IN PAY. 6 YR TOP OUT! ONLY PAY 7% INTO PENSION GOOD UNION. GOOD DETAILS/ OT

01-31-2008, 09:52 PM

He never responded to my emails either? What is up with this guy?? :evil:

01-31-2008, 10:02 PM

Diddo on that fella

02-01-2008, 01:24 AM

Diddo on that fella

Me three :x :cry:

02-01-2008, 01:42 AM
Wow that recruiter sounds like he just doesn't give a ....

02-01-2008, 04:48 PM
:shock:

02-01-2008, 09:48 PM
I left alot of phone messages and he ignored them all as well

02-02-2008, 10:14 PM
He should, look at what he has been producing lately. Bottom of the barrel.

02-03-2008, 10:07 PM
He should, look at what he has been producing lately. Bottom of the barrel.

:D

02-07-2008, 04:31 AM
HELLLLOOOO RECRUITER ARE YOU ALIVE????? WE ALL HAVE BEEN CALLING!!!!

02-07-2008, 05:59 PM

You've got mail!

Check it!

02-09-2008, 06:25 PM

You've got mail!

Check it!

He will just delete it like he deleted everyone elses

02-10-2008, 12:58 AM
The recruiter joined the fire department

02-14-2008, 11:25 PM
Someone posted Banks was now a firefighter. I am confused :?

02-15-2008, 01:27 AM
Who would want to work for a police department where everybody hates each other, no one can be trusted from the top down and get paid the least.

I know guys just want to be the police, but come on man if you have the basic qualifications to be a cop just be patient and dont come to this joint!!

This is the worst department on the planet with the best qualified officers and everybody in the area knows it. You can go some where else and make more money and do a lot less work, with a lot less bs and actually have a chance to retire. Here if you don't already have ten years at this agency the chance of retiring is slim to none because the smart ones leave and the others are stuck until they get fired.

There is no real leadership at any level, just very talented individuals that complain about things they have no real intention of fixing. If you know what the "good ole boy system" is and your ok with that kinda thing then you will last a year are three and that the real skinny on this agency. I dont know if your black, white or latino but you will have to pick a side, because thats how it is here.

Oh by the way, this aint some kinda challenge are something this is the way it really is so !!good luck with that!! :D

02-15-2008, 03:43 AM
Who would want to work for a police department where everybody hates each other, no one can be trusted from the top down and get paid the least.

I know guys just want to be the police, but come on man if you have the basic qualifications to be a cop just be patient and dont come to this joint!!

This is the worst department on the planet with the best qualified officers and everybody in the area knows it. You can go some where else and make more money and do a lot less work, with a lot less bs and actually have a chance to retire. Here if you don't already have ten years at this agency the chance of retiring is slim to none because the smart ones leave and the others are stuck until they get fired.

There is no real leadership at any level, just very talented individuals that complain about things they have no real intention of fixing. If you know what the "good ole boy system" is and your ok with that kinda thing then you will last a year are three and that the real skinny on this agency. I dont know if your black, white or latino but you will have to pick a side, because thats how it is here.

Oh by the way, this aint some kinda challenge are something this is the way it really is so !!good luck with that!! :D

Chris Banks said it was the best department in Broward! Was he lying? :x

02-15-2008, 10:50 PM
CAN YOU GET HER TO STOP RRRRRRRRRRROLLING THE RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR'S? PLEASE! BEFORE I VOMIT?

02-17-2008, 01:19 AM
She does it because she is rrrrrrrretarrrrrrrded. She was tony the tiger before her "operation".

02-17-2008, 01:36 AM
OMG I almost pee'd my pants from reading that!!!!!!! The other topic says she looks like the Crypt keeper from Tales from the Crypt!!! Thats just wrong, D A M N FUNNY, but wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!

02-17-2008, 05:23 PM
Are we 14 years old. What the f***

02-18-2008, 01:19 AM
Yes no laughing or fun allowed in the City of Lauderhill.

02-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Are we 14 years old. What the f***

ya I am ashamed right now :oops:

02-18-2008, 06:42 PM
14 years old? funny, same amount of time she has been here and an academy recruit can run circles around her.

02-18-2008, 07:07 PM
LMAO! When you sound worse that the CSA'S and X-ray units, after 14yrs, then Houston, we have a problem!

02-29-2008, 02:19 AM
anyone know where Chris is?

03-11-2008, 01:01 AM
Hi, My name is Tim and I am new to the forum. I am from Miramar and have called and emailed the recruiter listed on Lauderhill website. However, none of my calls or emails have been returned. Can anyone help?

03-11-2008, 01:31 AM
Your chief apparently doesnt care what your recruiter does during his 8 hr shift. I have called a dozen times, have left messages and have even walked into the lobby to hear that he was at lunch (3x in one day).

Lauderhill is the ONLY department that has this problem. I pulled my application and got hired by BSO in 3 weeks.

03-11-2008, 02:13 AM
Your chief apparently doesnt care what your recruiter does during his 8 hr shift. I have called a dozen times, have left messages and have even walked into the lobby to hear that he was at lunch (3x in one day).

Lauderhill is the ONLY department that has this problem. I pulled my application and got hired by BSO in 3 weeks.

oh ok. i guess they don't need the help. thanks

03-11-2008, 05:37 PM
HELLLLLLLLLLLLO OUT THERE RECRUITER!!!??!?!?

03-11-2008, 06:07 PM
THE LAUDERHILL POLICE DEPARTMENT IS NOT HIRING, HENCE THE REASON FOR NO RECRUITER.

03-11-2008, 09:10 PM
THE LAUDERHILL POLICE DEPARTMENT IS NOT HIRING, HENCE THE REASON FOR NO RECRUITER.

They were a year ago when I was trying to get in touch with him

03-11-2008, 11:59 PM
Lauderhill recruiter only works one hour a year and good luck trying to find out what hour that is......

03-12-2008, 02:47 AM
Lauderhill recruiter only works one hour a year and good luck trying to find out what hour that is......

:shock:

03-12-2008, 09:11 PM
There app ask for a social security report where the hell do i get one of those?

03-12-2008, 10:29 PM
The social security administration. Go online. Theres one in sunrise on PineIsland, just north of Oakland (westside of road).

Just ask for your full report and attach it to the application.

Sorry that you have to get these questions answered in this manner as opposed to speaking with our joke of a recruiter.

03-13-2008, 02:08 AM
Thanks. And how long does there process usually take?

03-13-2008, 02:19 AM
LOL that all depends on our famous recruiter.

Why you would want to work hear is beyond me. Pay sucks but you get good training and experience though. Good luck

03-13-2008, 04:42 AM
Just to get in somewhere, I've been in the process with MDPD for over a year now and its taking way to long.

03-13-2008, 04:47 AM
Just to get in somewhere, I've been in the process with MDPD for over a year now and its taking way to long.

03-18-2008, 12:53 AM
if you didn't get a call back you failed to pass any of the following:
1) psych
2) drug test
3) background
4) oral board
5) truth verification

So maybe you should not have quick your job at Walmart.

03-18-2008, 05:46 AM
1) psych
2) drug test
3) background
4) oral board
5) truth verification

what does it mean when you "quick your job at walmart?"

Third grade grammar was a *****...lol

03-18-2008, 05:46 AM
1) psych
2) drug test
3) background
4) oral board
5) truth verification

Vic Makey
03-18-2008, 08:25 PM
Oh my God you ****ing morons let this go! Chris is doing as good as he can with a limited budget (ever see his recruiting aids and gifts … seen better at the County Fair) and competing with the likes of Pembroke Pines, Hollywood and Miami Gardens! Think about the good people he did recruit and I think we all need to cut him a break. Some of you that have no life experience should thank him fro getting you on board and getting you a police job. Okay so can we get past all of this?

Thanks,
Vic

He Chris my plastic Lauderhill Coffee mug melted in the dishwasher!

03-18-2008, 10:23 PM
1) psych
2) drug test
3) background
4) oral board
5) truth verification

:roll:

TOOL :!:

03-19-2008, 07:33 PM
mine too. thats weird. I once had a sgt who told me that I glock was dishwsher safe. Havent had a problem with that in the dishwasher but my Lauderhill coffee cup?? so sad so sad. :lol:

P.S. For you morons, yes, that was sarcasim.

03-20-2008, 03:14 AM
whats worse FT LAUD PD or LAUDERHILL?

03-20-2008, 10:04 AM
we both suck....
8)

03-20-2008, 10:08 AM
we both suck....
8)

I take that back...if the police patch or badge has the initial, "FL" engraved into it, the department sucks!

You dont wanna work in FL let alone south FL as a cop unless you like prison. TRUST ME

03-20-2008, 05:04 PM
we both suck....
8)

I take that back...if the police patch or badge has the initial, "FL" engraved into it, the department sucks!

You dont wanna work in FL let alone south FL as a cop unless you like prison. TRUST ME

Coral Springs is good place to work so isnt PBSO

03-20-2008, 07:26 PM
You have to ask yourelf what you want. And then decide what department. If you want non-stop action, you come to Lauderhill with the issues of salary. If salary is your issue, then go to agencies like pines, springs, etc but expect not to do much.

Lauderhill does offer things like tri-county takehomes, vehicle computers, internet with limited access in the cars, everything from your firearm to your boots are issued and we offer a damn good retirement. But most importantly, you gain some serious knowledge of police work and how to be a real cop.

Most of the cops at Lauderhill came knowing of the salary. They came to gain experience and to have a good time. Most people know Lauderhill as being the training grounds for Law-Enforcement. If you do 3 years here, its like 15 anywhere else. Lastly, 95% of those LPD officers that leave after a few years find they get promoted within a year or so at their new agency. Cops that leave here are looked at like superstars at other departments (most of them).

Good luck with whatever department that you choose.

P.S. I strongly encourge those who want to work here ride-along with both a dayshift officer and a midnight shift officer......TRUST ME. Dont waste your time going through the entire process just to crap yourself day # 1 out here. It happens too often.

03-22-2008, 04:25 PM
THANK YOU LPD OFFICER!!

03-22-2008, 08:24 PM
i want one of those black and whites....freaken nice

03-25-2008, 01:11 AM
im gona apply to bso instead

03-26-2008, 11:05 PM

me also because i never got a call back from LPD

03-29-2008, 02:26 AM
ya me also

03-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Good....go apply somewhere else. :lol:

03-29-2008, 08:51 PM
Ghetto city. Ghetto cops.

03-29-2008, 09:21 PM

Yeah, great go to BSO where the Sheriff was recently indicted....

Vic Makey
03-30-2008, 12:35 AM
I’d rather be a ghetto cop then anything else ... at least I can be a cop and do real police work! Go back to your bedroom community and wish for some excitement ... I will be knee deep in some good nasty s.h.i.t.! We may not have all the toys but we have some kick ass people and a whole lot of crime! Make all the comments you want but deep inside you know you want to play in my back yard! Love us or hate us but were always on your mind!

Vic

03-31-2008, 04:03 PM

Yeah, great go to BSO where the Sheriff was recently indicted....

Who gives a sh^^. That's old news buddy

03-31-2008, 08:03 PM

Ghetto City and Ghetto Cops? Buddy, thats why were here! We love working in hell. You obviously wanted some of this fun as you have been on our site for freaken weeks.

Go to BSO, Go to PBSO, go whereever the fuk you want buddy. Your not hurting our feelings.....Just dont come onto our page and try to disc us because you cant get the recruiter to answer the phone.

04-02-2008, 03:27 AM

Ghetto City and Ghetto Cops? Buddy, thats why were here! We love working in hell. You obviously wanted some of this fun as you have been on our site for freaken weeks.

Go to BSO, Go to PBSO, go whereever the fuk you want buddy. Your not hurting our feelings.....Just dont come onto our page and try to disc us because you cant get the recruiter to answer the phone.

...or to respond to emails!!!!!!!!!

04-02-2008, 08:22 PM

...or to respond to emails!!!!!!!!!

So, you think *****ing on here helps your cause? How about marching into the PD and demanding to speak with his boss. That, however, probably wont help you get hired. lol :lol:

Good luck pal!

04-03-2008, 11:07 PM
I gave up on the recruiter. I got hired by Coral Springs!

04-04-2008, 12:55 PM
That is funny, how did you get hired with Coral Springs? They are on a hiring freeze. Which recruiter did you talk to there? My application is still frozen due to budget cuts.

Why don't you all just get off Chris Bank's back. I think this is mainly 1 person typing messages and rebutting the same messages like some lunatic. Instead of pretending like you are a potential new hire just to bash Chris Banks, just tell the chief that you want to be the new recruiter if you think you can do a better job.

P.S. I know who you are and I am tempted to send an anonymous letter to the city manager telling him what you have been doing. Thanks for not posting any more nonsense on here.

04-04-2008, 06:43 PM
really, this topic has died a long long time ago. before you go and write another message about banks on here, get a life first.

04-06-2008, 01:07 AM
dont roll your eyes at me young man!

04-06-2008, 03:31 AM
Seriously, this thread DID die ALONG time ago.

Can you KIDS stop on this thing already. Your pissing off the older folks.

Besides I think your favorite show just came on the Nickelodeon Channel.!!

04-30-2008, 05:00 PM
I am looking for info as well

05-08-2008, 01:49 AM
:cry:

08-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Does Banks sleep at his desk?

08-15-2008, 02:49 AM
Does Banks sleep at his desk?

At least he went to his desk!

08-15-2008, 04:21 AM
Listen up,

Most of us who log onto this site are LPD cops using this as a place to vent. No offense, but none of us really care about you not getting contacted by our recruitment division. We just like to come on here and bash the crap out of each other because were sick like that.

If you have an issue with our recruiter, come into the lobby of the LPD and ask to speak with him. If you have done this to no avail that ask to speak with his boss. Just dont come on here starting crap with those of us who have earned the right to crap talk each other. If your selected to work with us, you'll gain great experience, knowledge, make decent money and obtain an awesome retirement with great benefits. We are one of the very few agencies that vests in five years. Until then, back off and go log onto a civilian website or something.

08-15-2008, 07:05 PM
Listen up,

Most of us who log onto this site are LPD cops using this as a place to vent. No offense, but none of us really care about you not getting contacted by our recruitment division. We just like to come on here and bash the crap out of each other because were sick like that.

If you have an issue with our recruiter, come into the lobby of the LPD and ask to speak with him. If you have done this to no avail that ask to speak with his boss. Just dont come on here starting crap with those of us who have earned the right to crap talk each other. If your selected to work with us, you'll gain great experience, knowledge, make decent money and obtain an awesome retirement with great benefits. We are one of the very few agencies that vests in five years. Until then, back off and go log onto a civilian website or something.Something cops dont know about is something called "Freedom of Speech".

08-15-2008, 11:35 PM
who said anything about speaking you moron? Good luck with the academy lol

08-16-2008, 06:04 PM
who said anything about speaking you moron? Good luck with the academy lolWhy do you have to call me a moron? Who said I was in the academy? When hiring cops, they need to bring up the starting age to at least 25 and there should be some type of maturity test. I hope for society's sake you grow up. Let me guess, is everything owed to you? I bet you complain about everything you don't get then when you get it its not good enough. Be careful out there.

08-16-2008, 11:33 PM
I didn't say you were in the academy. That was meant if you ever get hired anywhere and actually go through the academy. I based that remark on your comment about the constitution. Know what it is before you come onto a police chat log and engage us in a conversation. Especially, if your not even one of us.

Your right, you have the right to come into this room and chat with us. But you shouldn't. This site wasn't designed for you, the civilian.

08-17-2008, 12:07 AM
I didn't say you were in the academy. That was meant if you ever get hired anywhere and actually go through the academy. I based that remark on your comment about the constitution. Know what it is before you come onto a police chat log and engage us in a conversation. Especially, if your not even one of us.

Your right, you have the right to come into this room and chat with us. But you shouldn't. This site wasn't designed for you, the civilian.Who said I was trying to get hired as a cop, I never said I wasn't one of you and this "police chat log" is actually for everyone. This is a public site unless you go to the "LEO's Lounge". So before you get on this site acting all unprofessional and tarnishing the profession, check yourself.

08-17-2008, 02:32 AM
who said anything about speaking you moron? Good luck with the academy lolWhy do you have to call me a moron? Who said I was in the academy? When hiring cops, they need to bring up the starting age to at least 25 and there should be some type of maturity test. I hope for society's sake you grow up. Let me guess, is everything owed to you? I bet you complain about everything you don't get then when you get it its not good enough. Be careful out there.

Why are you entertaining this guy? This guys not a cop evidenced by his remark about cops not knowing anything about the freedom of speech. Now, hes saying that he may be a cop. Pleaaaaaase. A wannabe at most. Dude, go away and go to some noncop website. And why did you choose to come into the Lauderhill chat room? Theres like 2,000 other rooms. Go play somewhere else . Or, maybe your one of those weirdies that goes from cop room to cop room trying to start crap.

Who knows and who cares really. Have fun with yourself.

08-17-2008, 02:56 AM

Why are you entertaining this guy? This guys not a cop evidenced by his remark about cops not knowing anything about the freedom of speech. Now, hes saying that he may be a cop. Pleaaaaaase. A wannabe at most. Dude, go away and go to some noncop website. And why did you choose to come into the Lauderhill chat room? Theres like 2,000 other rooms. Go play somewhere else . Or, maybe your one of those weirdies that goes from cop room to cop room trying to start crap.

Who knows and who cares really. Have fun with yourself.When you stop embarassing yourself and your profession, I will be bored with this forum and stay off it. As long as you all continue this unprofessional behavior, I will be here and so will all of the public, media and your supervisors. As long as you have weak links in your chain, criminals will always be able to break you. I am just asking you to grow up. Leave your recruiter alone and let him do his job. The cop posing as someone trying to get hired is really getting old. Everyone huffing and puffing about it is old also. When this immature cop starts bashing the recruiter, don't get sucked in just ignore it. Ignore those posts and the poster will stop. Stop with your all mighty ego too. Being a cop does not make you a god. There are other jobs out there that are just as gratifying that people have more pride in tha you do with your job. Try to remember what it was like to be human before you were sworn in. You are still flesh and blood like the rest of us. Don't take yourself so serious. If you ever lost your job, you would have your gun in your mouth so fast because you know nothing else but police work. You know it is very easy to lose that job especially in Lauderhill now. For god sakes, try to be the same way off duty as you are on duty, no one likes someone who hides behid the badge. I bet you would be too scared to go into some of the places you go into without it. Good luck ad be careful out there.

08-22-2008, 02:08 AM
Listen up,

If you have an issue with our recruiter, come into the lobby of the LPD and ask to speak with him. If you have done this to no avail that ask to speak with his boss. Just dont come on here starting crap with those of us who have earned the right to crap talk each other. If your selected to work with us, you'll gain great experience, knowledge, make decent money and obtain an awesome retirement with great benefits. We are one of the very few agencies that vests in five years. Until then, back off and go log onto a civilian website or something.

Who made you the king of the message board? You have your own "Leo only" section if you do not want "civilians" posting. :roll:

09-04-2008, 12:50 AM
How come the recruiter never returns emails or phone calls?

09-04-2008, 01:41 AM
How come the recruiter never returns emails or phone calls?Oh my God, are you serious. You are so lame you should be on the BSO corrections forum.

09-05-2008, 04:31 PM
How come the recruiter never returns emails or phone calls?Oh my God, are you serious. You are so lame you should be on the BSO corrections forum.

Why are you so mad Banks? Just return your emails and calls and people will not bash you so much.

09-05-2008, 05:48 PM
You guys are clogging up the whole process. ENUFF ALREADY!! Let’s move onto other more IMPORTANT things then Banks e-mail.

Get the hint already HE IS IGNORING YOU!! You should be used to that, just think back to all the hot chicks in High School that used to do the same to you then. Nothing has changed. Just go for the fat chick already it’s guaranteed just like BSO Corrections.
:snicker:

09-16-2008, 10:41 PM
:?:

10-15-2008, 02:36 AM
You guys are clogging up the whole process. ENUFF ALREADY!! Let’s move onto other more IMPORTANT things then Banks e-mail.

Get the hint already HE IS IGNORING YOU!! You should be used to that, just think back to all the hot chicks in High School that used to do the same to you then. Nothing has changed. Just go for the fat chick already it’s guaranteed just like BSO Corrections.

Please tell Banks I called and left him a message...again.

10-15-2008, 11:41 AM

Please tell Banks I called and left him a message...again.He don't answer your calls because you are not Lauderhill material, take a hint.

10-20-2008, 12:15 AM

Please tell Banks I called and left him a message...again.He don't answer your calls because you are not Lauderhill material, take a hint.

Not Lauderhill material means you might be able to read and write. Take a hint and stay away from the worthless cops at Lauderhill. The recruiter is one of their best and their brightest and he does not know how his voicemail works.

10-30-2008, 06:29 PM

Not Lauderhill material means you might be able to read and write. Take a hint and stay away from the worthless cops at Lauderhill. The recruiter is one of their best and their brightest and he does not know how his voicemail works.
:snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

12-11-2008, 03:52 AM
"You've got mail"

12-20-2008, 04:38 AM
Hello?

03-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Lauderhill recruiter = Useless

Vic Makey
03-04-2009, 04:44 AM
Lauderhill recruiter = Useless

Why not leave the guy alone for goodness sake or better yet stop being a ***** and say something to his face. Your a silly MF Coward!

MG

11-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Where can I get answers to my questions since the recruiter does not return emails an calls apparently?

11-08-2009, 12:22 AM
not here

11-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Don't blame the recruiter. The recruiter may know that your application will not get past the command structure of the department. As such, why should he waste his time processing an application that the superior officers will disqualify. Maybe your third cousin on your mothers side is in prison for driving without a license. That could be an automatic disqualifier with LPD. Sorry, just being a little *****y here. I know an out of state guy who applied with this department and was told "don't bother". He had some background issues as a teenager that are the criminal equivalent of a traffic violation. Now say what you want, but the guy is an active P.O. in his home state and prior federal officer with Dept. of Homeland Security. It would seem that those background issues didn't matter to his current department nor did they matter to U.S. DHS. The nice young officer, who really wanted to work in Lauderhill, was recently offered a position with a very respectable federal law enforcement agency. It seems that they too had no problem with his teenage escapades. My point is this, try somewhere else. With bosses like this LPD has to suck.

11-14-2009, 03:29 AM
blah blah blah

11-17-2009, 01:29 AM
Don't blame the recruiter. The recruiter may know that your application will not get past the command structure of the department. As such, why should he waste his time processing an application that the superior officers will disqualify. Maybe your third cousin on your mothers side is in prison for driving without a license. That could be an automatic disqualifier with LPD. Sorry, just being a little *****y here. I know an out of state guy who applied with this department and was told "don't bother". He had some background issues as a teenager that are the criminal equivalent of a traffic violation. Now say what you want, but the guy is an active P.O. in his home state and prior federal officer with Dept. of Homeland Security. It would seem that those background issues didn't matter to his current department nor did they matter to U.S. DHS. The nice young officer, who really wanted to work in Lauderhill, was recently offered a position with a very respectable federal law enforcement agency. It seems that they too had no problem with his teenage escapades. My point is this, try somewhere else. With bosses like this LPD has to suck.

:?