PDA

View Full Version : JUNO BEACH likes to give other LEO's traffic citations

01-23-2008, 03:37 AM
Whats the deal with Juno Beach giving other LEO's Traffic Citations for a minor violation?
Where's the "Officer Courtesy"?

The LEO admitted the wrongdoing on his part, apologized and in a polite way identified himself by showing his badge before the citation was started.
I'm sure you all have given verbal warnings before.
What's the deal with that?

If anyone happens to stop a Juno Beach officer, remember this, they DO NOT extend the Officer Courtesy to other LEOs.

01-23-2008, 06:44 PM
Whoever posted the last post, it seems bull to me...I am a Juno Officer, and have been for over a year. I do not know of one officer on our department that would write another LEO, especially for something minor as you say...

Don't say Juno Officers don't show professional courtesty, because obviously you do not know what you are talking about. There is ALWAYS going to be a "bad seed" in every department.

As previously stated, I am a Juno Beach Officer, and I never nave, nor will I ever write a fellow LEO, Family of LEO. I have pulled over PLENTY of North County Agency's police officers in their POV's, and I give them a VERBAL warning. I have pulled over ICE, FBI, BSO, JPD, PBGPD, PBSO. Not one time have I EVER thought of even writing a citation....So try not to paint the whole department with the negative brush....

01-23-2008, 10:23 PM
Juno Beach Police Officers are proud members of the Law Enforcement community. They respect and honor their brother and sister LEOs from all other agencies. They are unflinching mutual aid partners, and although of a small agency give their all when assisting other agencies. They are also most grateful for the aid they receive from other agencies. They are on the same page with all other LEOs.

01-25-2008, 12:16 AM
I have never had any issues with anyone from Juno, but I have had some mouthy Jupiter & PBG guys.

The Jupiter officer I'm pretty sure was a rookie. He had three other officers as back up because I advised him I had a firearm in the vehicle, even though I had shown him my Department ID card & CCW. He gave me a written warning, but I got the lecture as well. Like I haven't given the lecture before.

The PBG officer was a veteran motor cop and gave me grief for having my PBA medallion displayed on my license plate. He told me that he could arrest me for a misdemeanor because I was no longer a cop. As if I don't know the law.

Needless to say, none of us are perfect. There are a few bad apples in every profession. Yes, I do speed from time to time, just like most people do. Yes, I still have my PBA medallion displayed on my license plate, just like many former officers and officers families do. Is this right? Of course not, however, I do feel as though active officers and former officers deserve the professional courtesy. The reason being is whether active or not, when the SH!T hits the fan, you can guarantee we as brothers and sisters are going to be the ones responding. I know I wouldn’t think twice to stop and help an officer in trouble. I would put myself in harms way, without a vest, to help. Why you ask, because we are supposed to be family.

Everyone be safe & wear those vests!!!

01-25-2008, 01:58 AM
a former juno sgt wrote a current pbg sgt a cit after the sgt was rear ended. the ticket was for aggresive driving. I witnessed a current sgt in juno write an leo for excessive speed. You may have been there a year but you can not say what occured previously. the leo with the green truck is nothing but a meter maid.
the former leo's imo from Belle Glade should be mentally evaluated IMO.
I speak fro m experience, do not defend your dept, from things you do not know.
Pat may not back me up, the truth is out there.
Juno does not respect any other Leo's

01-25-2008, 02:29 AM
I HAVE ALSO WITNESSED A JUNO OFFICER WRITE ANOTHER COP FOR A MINOR VIOLATION.
THE OFFICER WHO RECIEVED THE TICKET SHOULD NOT ONLY DIVULGE THE JUNO METER MAIDS NAME AS IT IS PUBLIC RECORD, HE OR SHE SHOULD CALL ON THE PBA TO EXPELL JUNO FROM MEMBERSHIP.
THE PBA HAS NO PLACE FOR JUNO WHO WRITES OTHER MOS. HOPEFULLY THE OFFICER WHO RECIEVED THE TICKET WILL PUBLISH THE OFFENDING OFFICER'S NAME, AS IT IS PUBLIC RECORD ANYWAY, THEN WE CAN ALL SAY THANKS TO JUNO. AND IT'S FINE ESTABLISHMENT OF TICKET WRITING officers

01-26-2008, 04:37 AM
Whats the deal with Juno Beach giving other LEO's Traffic Citations for a minor violation?
Where's the "Officer Courtesy"?

The LEO admitted the wrongdoing on his part, apologized and in a polite way identified himself by showing his badge before the citation was started.
I'm sure you all have given verbal warnings before.
What's the deal with that?

If anyone happens to stop a Juno Beach officer, remember this, they DO NOT extend the Officer Courtesy to other LEOs.

When did this alleged incident take place? I'm friends with several Juno officers and I know for a fact that the ones I associate with would not write any LEO's (current or retired) and even would extend courtesy to fire rescue, doctors, etc as do I. I've rarely ever heard anything negative about any specific Palm Beach County agencies as it pertains to "officer courtesy", especially in the north county area, so this is all news to me. The only incident that comes to mind at all in Palm Beach County pertaining to lack of "officer courtesy" was reference Jupiter trying to jam up a WPB Sgt last year with a DUI (not sure of the specifics or credibility behind that incident). And of course we all know about Stuart jamming up a Jupiter officer who they alleged was DUI, which I believe the officer (who was a 20+ year veteran) was terminated as a result. I personally have never had any issues with officer courtesy from any of the North County agencies, especially Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter, Juno and North Palm (haven't really had many dealings with Tequesta but I'm sure they are the same) as they have extended courtesy to myself and even family and friends of mine.

And to state that ALL members of a specific agency do not extend courtesy to other LEO's is a completely ignorant and mindless statement. Give me a break! I've never thought poorly upon an ENTIRE agency based on any rumors or even factual events that have occured within that agency. Don't ever single out an entire agency and talk down upon other fellow brothers and sisters from that agency that you have never met and know nothing about. That's unfair and completely disprespectful to the badge. Most of us are on the same page and would give anything to help out our fellow law enforcement brothers and sisters, regardless of the agency. Enough ranting on my end, hope you all stay safe!

01-26-2008, 05:00 AM
I can't say I know if Juno officers write LEO's tickets, but one of my coworkers said his wife got a ticket from a Juno Beach officer.

That's not how you all should treat family.

01-26-2008, 05:07 AM
Whoever posted the last post, it seems bull to me...I am a Juno Officer, and have been for over a year. I do not know of one officer on our department that would write another LEO, especially for something minor as you say...

Don't say Juno Officers don't show professional courtesty, because obviously you do not know what you are talking about. There is ALWAYS going to be a "bad seed" in every department.

You're contradicting yourself here.

You do not know of one officer on your department that would do it OR that you have a bad seed that would?

01-26-2008, 09:44 PM
Hmmm, I wonder if Juno officers or their families ever need to drive outside of Juno Beach?

01-26-2008, 11:57 PM
Ok, let's stop picking on Juno officers for what they might or might not have done. Let's talk about something going on in Jupiter.

Who's idea was it to buy those crappy Chevy's. I remember the last time some mental midget decided to switch cars and bought those junky Taurus'. I know, that is going way back, but still. Stay with what works, CROWN VIC!!!!!!!! I love the new light bars though.

01-31-2008, 07:59 PM
whatever happen to Officer D. Kowalski, why did he leave Jupitor, anybody know.

01-31-2008, 08:37 PM
That's too bad. I was stopped twice by him and both times he extended Professional Courtesy without any attitude. Hope he's moving on to bigger and better things. Good Luck Don!!!!!!!!!!!

02-03-2008, 04:44 AM
Ok, let's stop picking on Juno officers for what they might or might not have done. Let's talk about something going on in Jupiter.

Who's idea was it to buy those crappy Chevy's. I remember the last time some mental midget decided to switch cars and bought those junky Taurus'. I know, that is going way back, but still. Stay with what works, CROWN VIC!!!!!!!! I love the new light bars though.

If you want to talk about something else, click the "New Topic" button and start a subject.

As for the Juno Officers, if you are writing tickets to leo's OR their wives, that's pretty low. You know what, maybe if a few or you and your wives/kids/moms/dads got some tickets you'll think about it next time.

Do Juno Beach officers get take home cars? I hope so. If I see the slightest violation, I'm stopping you in your patrol car.

02-03-2008, 05:48 AM
I'm sorry, in my original post I forgot to say, IF someone wrote a fellow LEO from here, there is always a few bad seeds. I have personally spoke with EVERY officer on our department, and the original poster is misinformed. NO CURRENT OFFICER HAS WRITTEN A LEO KNOWINGLY.

Yes I know, FORMER Juno Officers wrote people, but those people are out of the department. I can tell you, if you were to get stopped in our 2 square mile town, we would give you a "have a good day/night".

And for everyone to jump on this board and say "I am going to give Juno Officers tickets.", is immature. WE all agree that giving a FELLOW LEO is not a good thing to do, BUT the off-duty who got the citation should be upset, NOT someone who has nothing to do with the situation.

Everyone is entitiled to their own opinion, but by holding grudges on a situation that has nothing to do with you, is stupid.

Everyone can sit here and talk bad about us, Jupiter, or anyone, but at the end of the day WE ALL ARE THE SAME. WE ARE A BROTHERHOOD, I WOULD TAKE A BULLET FOR ANY OTHER OFFICER, BECAUSE THAT IS MY JOB, AND EVEN IF THAT OFFICER GAVE A FELLOW OFFICER A TICKET, I WILL BE THERE TO HELP HIM/HER IN THERE TIME OF NEED.........

02-03-2008, 06:06 AM
I don't know who this Officer is allegedly, but this sounds totally BOGUS!!! I am a Juno LEO and I have not heard of any of this. I have been here LONG time and the only officer I have ever heard of doing this has been long gone for years. As far as I m concerned it did not happen unless you can prove it. I have never knowingly written a an LEO and have an excellent relationship with all the surrounding agencies and officers for MANY years....

02-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Do Juno Beach officers get take home cars? I hope so. If I see the slightest violation, I'm stopping you in your patrol car.

Wow, that's pretty mature. You're advising that you're going to single out an entire agency and look for the "slightest violation" so that you can stop officers in their patrol vehicles because of an unconfirmed allegation that was made?? You're just the type of person I want to see with a gun and badge. This must be a Palm Beach County thing because I could never see this happening in my county. I'd like to see you try and pull me over in my take home. There's a member up here with Stuart that has a rep for writting other officers, and with that said, we would never think of singling out or targeting any officers of that agency and write them citations or jam them up with DUI's. For you to single out an entire agency makes you the most pathetic officer ever. Think about what you're saying!!

02-05-2008, 12:46 AM
The cop in question in stuart? Wouldn't have the initials MC would he?? :lol:

02-05-2008, 02:07 PM
What is wrong with you people? Stop this silliness. Don't make this forum into something like all of the others. This isn't suppose to be a bash fest. You are letting some stupid comment get you all worked up and believing that this shitza really happened. I truly have a hard time believing someone in Juno, Jupiter, PBG, Tequesta or any of the north end cities would write another officer and if it does happen, take it to court and let it be know.

02-05-2008, 11:48 PM
What is wrong with you people? Stop this silliness. Don't make this forum into something like all of the others. This isn't suppose to be a bash fest. You are letting some stupid comment get you all worked up and believing that this shitza really happened. I truly have a hard time believing someone in Juno, Jupiter, PBG, Tequesta or any of the north end cities would write another officer and if it does happen, take it to court and let it be know.

Who are you kidding? This site will soon catch on and everyone will be bashing everyone. It's sad, this is what Law Enforcement has come to. Officers think they have a right to vent, yet they don't have respect for the place that pays them. They don't care, it's all about them and not the fact they give the public more ammo to hate the police. Very sad.

Blue Light
02-06-2008, 06:42 PM
whatever happen to Officer D. Kowalski, why did he leave Jupitor, anybody know.

He's enjoying the good life in Tennessee ... smart man :)

02-07-2008, 07:14 PM

If you want to talk about something else, click the "New Topic" button and start a subject.

As for the Juno Officers, if you are writing tickets to leo's OR their wives, that's pretty low. You know what, maybe if a few or you and your wives/kids/moms/dads got some tickets you'll think about it next time.

Wow, the frustration and Monday night quarterbacking...Excellant intimidation for you have put out there for all us to be worried about!

Take a minute and digest this for all of you responding to this and in defense of Juno PD. There is someone in uniform who doesn't work for Juno, and has the authority to write in that jurisdiction that is directly responsible for the incident in question. So if you can't figure that out too bad. Its ashame how quickly one or others are to cast judgement without knowing the truth! and you were certified by the state as a trained investigator WTF?

Do some more 61's in your city and make the puppet master happy, your groveling means nothing here till you can figure how to solve crimes first, then you can be allowed to post here again......

02-07-2008, 10:26 PM
The cop in question in stuart? Wouldn't have the initials MC would he?? :lol:

Heh, not MC, but possibly the initials MJ and has rank! Be careful of him! lol! :D

02-09-2008, 02:49 AM

I'm stopping you in your take home car??? Here's a guy ready to solve the answer to Professional Courtesy by retaliating. That will GIT R DUN, way to be politically correct Nibble NUTZ...

They are right about this site the non-sense some people put in here....really is ridiculous!!

OK let me get this straight now, NOT one person so far has got this right yet. The moron who started this talk group knows nothing and seems everyone feeding into so far as well.

Let me give you all a little insight knowing the person who wrote it.Clue number one detectives in training;he doesn't wear blue. So ease up on your mutual aide partners a bit and relax knowing they wouldn't dream of writing another brother or family.

Clue #2 the guy who wrote it would probably write you as well. Why? who knows NOT even we don't and unfortunately no one will, rumors are he would write his mother....I work unfortunatley on his squad and haven't figured the guy out yet. He's scared of his own shadow when it comes to real crime, back-up or taking a legit crime report. Wait one hairball minute you guys got one of them on your squad too??? Well i'll be darned!!

Clue #3 No one here was even close with all this arm chair quarterbacking to who it was or why??? all from one knucklehead who heard something 3rd hand and was bored out of his mind so he started this trash about JBPD...go figure

Clue # 4 This guy goes to traffic court @ PGA every week relentlessly he writes so many cites.

Clue #5 I'm NOT a RAT so Dont' think I'm given him up no matter what I or you think on how he handles his business.

Clue #6 Isn't there something on ESPN tonight?

Clue #7 I think my hotwings are ready!!

Clue #8 I've run out of dribble for this topic.......NEXT

03-02-2008, 07:11 PM
The Juno Beach Cop who writes other officers is named Mirabal or something like that.

03-03-2008, 08:15 AM
As of the beginning of March of 2008, Officer Mirabal no longer works for the Town of Juno Beach. He did not make probation.

03-04-2008, 03:03 AM
I work next to Juno and to categorize the agency like this is ignorant. They have always been professional and have called me personally when something happens. Every department has rats especially pbg (pr)so leave juno alone. Good lord they only have like 15 officers.

03-18-2008, 03:35 AM
As of the beginning of March of 2008, Officer Mirabal no longer works for the Town of Juno Beach. He did not make probation.

I think I knew him, what was his 1st name?

04-09-2008, 02:39 AM
Whoever wrote the statment that they "hope to see a Juno LEO driving home in a take home patrol vehicle so they can give them a ticket" needs to seriously go back to bed and wake up in the real f'n world. A cop pulling over another cop IN a patrol car?!?!? c'mon...arent things bad enuff in your sector? I would offer to anyone out here who has been a cop for over five years (14 years here) that if I saw that and it was for a "minor violation" that "wanna-be cop" would deserve a beat down. Im sorry but those of us who "know", are part of a much bigger brotherhood. I worked for Juno. I know the cop who USED to work there that wrote ANYONE tickets. I cringed and THANKED GOD i was long gone when that person was there. You gotta lighten up on ALL the Juno cops just b/c ONE made an ass out of themselves. There are some really great cops there in Juno AND Jupiter AND PBG who would stand side by side with ANY of you in a gun battle. Get over it...

10-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Every department has rats especially pbg (pr)so leave juno alone.

Very true, nothing worse than having your own fellow brother arrested for D.U.I.

03-14-2009, 06:49 AM
JUNO IS BORED SO THERE ALL ABOUT 10-50'S AND PROPERTY CHECKS I WAS CITED TO ANY SLOWER MY CAR WOULD HAVE GONE BACKWARDS. I ASKED THE OFFICER WHY HE STOPED ME HE STATED IT'S THERE POLICY TO MAKE AT LEAST 6 CONTACTS A MONTH. I HEARD FLORIDA HIGHWAY PATROLS THE SAME WAY. JUST BECAREFUL ON US.1 AND NORTH COUNTY I KNOW IT'S TEMPTING TO RUN WIDE OPEN BUT JUNO AND TEQUESTA MAKE A LIVING ON 10-50'S NOT A BAD GIG COMPARED TO OTHER CITIES AT LEAST THERE ISN'T 41'S ACROSS THE BOARD OR 33'S . I'D LIKE TO WORK FOR THEM THEY PAY WELL AND U DON'T DO MUCH WHAT ELSE CAN U ASK FOR....

02-12-2011, 07:42 PM
Coral Gables P.D. is getting Juno Beach P.D. Chief of Police Monday March 7, 2011. Guys, I know this wasn't the topic you were discussing however, can you guys please give a brother L.E.O. some insight as to what we are about to get into. I read some of your news articles on Chief Dennis Wiener and they pretty much say that the guy sucks! We got a good P.D. but are worried that we just bought the farm on this one. Please express your thoughts good, bad or indifferent. Thank you by Paradise Alley...

02-14-2011, 10:37 PM
He's from NY, doesn't know Florida law and hasn't taken the time to learn it, so you have to explain everything to him as to why you did or didn't do something a certain way. If your on his side and drink the Kool-Aid you'll survive. If you don't kiss his ass and just do your job and go home he'll do everything in his power to get rid of you. Soon your department will be flooded with retired NYPD'rs, (his buddies) and they'll all tell you how it was done in NY. Hopefully in a large agency you wont feel the impact as much as those in Centre Island and Juno did.

Good luck and be safe! Glad I'm not there.

02-14-2011, 11:36 PM
He didn't want to be there. Within the first few months as Chief, he applied not only for the Town of Palm Beach Chief's slot, but even a Major's position at Jupiter PD. The night he was sworn in at the Council meeting (agenda item 1) the Town Mgr was fired (agenda item #2), in part due to his offering him much more than the council wanted.

He has spent $$$ on many projects - some good, some not. He has not painted or striped any of the patrol cars he has obtained since arriving (about 1/2 the fleet). He replaced the computer system (that they just spent big $$ on upgrading) and replaced it with one he used in NY. He reorganized and kicked the Sgts out of their office - they now each have a file cabinet DRAWER in the squad room. When the Ass't Chief left to become a Chief in AZ, he brought in a NY buddy to help out in a temp position. Made him full-time Major a few months later. BTW, the AZ Chief left after 10 months and is Chief at North Bay Village - another winner.

Morale is down, interaction with the public is non-existent- they used to get out and talk to folks and wave - not any more. This is a mostly residential community where the close interaction = support when you need something.

To get an idea of the projects he did, go on town of Juno Beach site and look at approved council minutes.

02-16-2011, 12:24 AM
just wonderfull, another jerk in Coral gables................as if moral wasn't low enough. I hope you guys are wrong, i dont think this dept can stand another asshole

02-16-2011, 01:27 AM
It is kinda hard to not notice that Juno Beach does not have a forum on this site. Is everyone to scared to start one? Do we in the Gables need to worry about our freedom of speech?

We all have a lot of concerns. We have gone from one disastrous chief to another. I feel bad for the guy because he is already gettin blasted and he hasn't even started yet. I guess it is because our city manager is a nightmare and we have no trust in city hall. The last thing we need is another chief that is more concerned with the furniture arrangement than the true needs of the department. But... If the new chief likes butt kissers, then the upper tier of out patrol div will be like Christmas for him.

03-10-2011, 10:06 AM
I heard the rag tag, cry baby officers of Juno Beach brought in the PBA and aired their dirty laundry at the town council meeting last night in front of members of other departments. This is the same bunch of so called police officers that like to give other LEO's traffic citations. I'm embarrassed to have anything to do with them. Now we have to share radios communications with the Juno Beach cry babies. Does it get any worse?

03-10-2011, 11:07 PM
I live in Juno Beach and I am proud of such. We truly do have the best Police Department, who keeps me, my family, friends, and neighbors safe. I have personally spoken to just about every member of our Police Department, and everyone of them are fed up with the administration they have had to deal with. They have tried to voice their concerns in other ways, by meeting with Council Members personally, but their administration attempted to put a stop to that immediately. They were brought into the Office and intimidated.

My question for you is, when and where else should they have done it? From what I've been told the PBA and members were not aware the other agencies were going to be there, but maybe you know more than me?

If you knew of only 10% of what they've had to deal with, I don't think you would be judging their decision making. Also, I wouldn't think because these Officers speaking up, it makes them bad Police Officers. My point is why wouldn't you want to have them on your radio because they spoke up for what they believed in? Maybe you can explain to me why you think these Officers wouldn't be fine on your radio frequency?

Just my .02 cents.

03-29-2011, 05:34 AM
Every department has rats especially pbg (pr)so leave juno alone.

Very true, nothing worse than having your own fellow brother arrested for D.U.I.

His LEO brother or family member?