PDA

View Full Version : LEWIS is a FAILURE

01-21-2008, 03:17 AM
Here is something for the press to ponder.......

Carlie Brucia Case? Sheriff Balkwill out of Town, Lewis (then acting sheriff) in charge elects to wait and NOT put out the amber alert some 20+ hour later. Said he "Didn't know how serious it was."

Denise Lee Case? Chief Lewis out of Town, Estrada in charge elects to wait before calling for a full blown search. Lewis now states "Didn't know how serious it was."

Common theme - LEWIS IS A FAILURE

01-21-2008, 03:28 AM
Agreed...this guy can't manage his way out of a paperbag!

01-21-2008, 03:35 AM
Here is something for the press to ponder.......

Carlie Brucia Case? Sheriff Balkwill out of Town, Lewis (then acting sheriff) in charge elects to wait and NOT put out the amber alert some 20+ hour later. Said he "Didn't know how serious it was."

Denise Lee Case? Chief Lewis out of Town, Estrada in charge elects to wait before calling for a full blown search. Lewis now states "Didn't know how serious it was."

Common theme - LEWIS IS A FAILURE

You are way off base here. As someone who was out there, the search started right off the bat. So either you are a shizit stir or just an azzhole. Either way it there was no time wasted. But from reading this, I take it you just go by heresay and not facts.

And no I don't work for your agency,

01-21-2008, 03:54 AM
Chief Lewis was out of town at the time of the abduction. Capt. Robert Estrada said the agency was at the time assessing the situation, and acknowledged that officials did not realize how serious it was until the victim called 911 shortly after 6 p.m., asking for help."

I WAS THERE WHEN ESTRADA SAID THE WORDS ABOVE, SO SORRY, YOU ARE THE ONE WHO GOT IT WRONG.

01-21-2008, 12:49 PM
Lewis is the pits, please get us a professional chief.

As for Estrada, he can go too. Waste of space. It would have been nice if just maybe because this was a cops daughter we had not waited.

01-21-2008, 12:58 PM
Chief Lewis was out of town at the time of the abduction. Capt. Robert Estrada said the agency was at the time assessing the situation, and acknowledged that officials did not realize how serious it was until the victim called 911 shortly after 6 p.m., asking for help."

I WAS THERE WHEN ESTRADA SAID THE WORDS ABOVE, SO SORRY, YOU ARE THE ONE WHO GOT IT WRONG.

That is not a direct quote, in quotations, for one.
Secondly it's very sad you believe everything you read. I don't know how old you are or if you've ever had the paper write a story about you, but if don't know the power of the press to print something so it comes across a certain way you are naive to say the least. I have had many reports I've taken used as storys in the paper... however when I read the paper it's NEVER written the same way the story actually happened. Newspapers are great as far as news but take them with a grain of salt, because they can be worthless and misleading many times over.

LOL..... wow... I guess you can construe these words any way you want. I don't see in that quote the words "we didn't do jackshit for 3 hours".... I don't see the words "we didn't know how serious it was therefore we didn't act at all." I did see that they were assessing the situation... since you are so knowledgeable can you tell me what that means because in real life that meant that CIB (detectives just so you know) were on scene, the air unit was up, additional officers were out doing an area search and questioning neighbors.... But since some people live in a delusional, accusational world, and they twist facts so you have someone to blame other then the real bad guy.
One more thing you probably don't understand is that police are not clairvoyant... they cannot see the future, they cannot see somewhere where they are not.... they are not omnipresent, they are not psychic. They would love to be, but they are human just like you and me. They cannot just go to a scene and look at it and say "WE ARE LOOKING FOR A GREEN CAMARO!!!!" Despite your Law and Order/CSI watching thought patterns... that is just not possible. That phone call made the whole deal real, and very scary... the seriousness of the situation was known at that time.
That is what I see when I read Estradas comments.....
Twist it however you like, and feel however you like... it's not going to change the outcome and how much everyone wanted her to be found safe and sound. You are a sad and disgusting person, and it's worthless even talking to you and wasting my time, but I thought you should know that you are wrong and have no idea what you are talking about...

01-21-2008, 12:59 PM
riseandshine you are not NPPD, please stop trying to pass yourself off as one. You have no idea what you are talking about.

01-21-2008, 02:03 PM
How long is he going to be allowed to stay in his so called role. He sounded like a babling idiot giving his speech the other day. Good job there were some officers with more intelligence there to help him "yet again"

01-21-2008, 02:35 PM
Your just stirring the pot. Please stop, this is a horrible situation and horribly sad to say the least. Have some compassion for the family and law enforcement who helped in this matter. A beautiful life, a member of a law enforcement family, has been taken from this world in a cruel manner. Aside from the family there is no one that wanted her found more then law enforcement. Please let this rest right now... it's all public record, go to the PD if you want and request information on what took place, but please, stop the ugliness here and join us in greiving for this young mother quietly. It was a long, hard and sad weekend and we all need a rest from the ugliness of it.... please.

01-21-2008, 04:51 PM
Let me first tell you I am with NPPD and do grieve like the rest of us are grieving. Its a sad state if by grieving we should let everything go and not be able to voice our opinion on the way a case or action (or fail to act) was handled or not handled. Last time I checked, we still lived in America and we are afforded some pretty basic rights.

criticizing chief Lewis is permitted. He is a huge failure as chief. I can grieve and call him a failure as well. No, i can't go public as you know (obviously your part of nppd as well and most likely staff) cause i'd be fired within a week, and you know dam well im right.

I would support a vote of confidence on Lewis to see where our agency stands and if the press is reading this, perhaps the city council should think about this.

01-22-2008, 11:40 AM
I agree, it's time we had a New Chief and one that is supportive of our needs.

01-22-2008, 03:25 PM
It looks like we have quite a few qualified Police Chiefs Here telling us like it is. Lets see a call comes in to report a missing adult female. There are no signs of foul play or witnesses. The report is taken and im sure passed on to the proper supervisors. Ok wanna be chiefs what now lock down the city, call out the choppers and dogs, and notify the press. What will you tell them?
As stated the breaking point was the 911 call from the poor victim and the relatives call. Which was late. Then the calls went out and the search went out 100%. Now the investigators had several leads and did a good job. Including Lewis and Estrada. There is alot of good work that goes into a case like this along with luck. The luck being FHP finding the guy when they did. Good job to the trooper that did.
So where were you armchair chiefs? Home with your families?
Lets face it im even wasting my time writing this, but im just discusted when I read what brother officers write on here and the finger pointing that goes on.
Yes im a supporter of Chief Lewis and worked closely with him at the S.S.O. and would be proud to work with him again and I do call him a friend.
Retired SSO

01-22-2008, 03:33 PM
well, I am no chief and i'm sure i cannot make all the same great decisions that Lewis is making :oops: :oops: however, i guess when the first call came in saying she was missing (cell phone, purse and most importantly KIDS home alone) that is the time to call in the forces. ESPECIALLY when it involves another cops daughter. NOT when the sad panic call came in. Geeeze, is that too difficult.

you retired from the SO? I now see why, perhaps you and Lewis were also the ones who screwed up so many of their cases.

do us a favor, stay retired.

guest45
01-22-2008, 07:17 PM
NorthPorter, go back into the hole you crawled out of. If you really and truly work for for the PD, then you would know what the heck happened, and if your not happy with how the PD handled everything, then get the heck out of the agency. They didn't come to you for a job, you came to them, knowing how good of an agency that they are. Now go stir the pot on another site and get out of here!!!

01-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Truth Hurts doesn't it Chief? Or is this the good Captain?

We should all just be happy and do whatever the good chief tells us to do.

01-22-2008, 09:15 PM
You know what TL stands for, right???? "The Liar." He'll smile to your face and then he'll sink the dagger in deep when you turn to walk away. Be careful!!! The guy is an old fashioned con artists of the worst kind! :roll:

guest45
01-22-2008, 09:45 PM
No it is not the chief or the good captain, this is just someone who is tired of your hatefulness.

01-22-2008, 10:03 PM
What has Lewis brought our dept? We have unsolved murders, botched the one that FHP solved for us, a chief who almost botcher a sarasota murder case and a chief who has our guys dressing in drag to catch speeders. WTF?

01-22-2008, 11:44 PM
What has Lewis brought our dept? We have unsolved murders, botched the one that FHP solved for us, a chief who almost botcher a sarasota murder case and a chief who has our guys dressing in drag to catch speeders. WTF?
Good points!!! Remember when Lewis went on TV and shook his finger into the camera and said to the unknown murder suspect, "You're going to jail!!!" First of all, that was a stupid thing to say. Any seasoned cop knows you're not supposed to say crap like that unless you have hard core evidence. Second of all, there was no hard core evidence and we STILL don't have an arrest and the murderer remains at large. Dumb!!!

01-22-2008, 11:51 PM
sarasota county sheriff helped us big time with search/recovery. that had lots from their ert team and mounted,air unit,range unit,atv's a mobile command center,swat members. sso was key for us dealing with this incident.

01-23-2008, 12:31 AM
No it is not the chief or the good captain, this is just someone who is tired of your hatefulness.

None of this has anything to do with hatefulness.
It does however have everything to do with ineffectual leadership and the lack of confidence held by the public and many in the rank and file at the PD.

01-23-2008, 01:10 AM
Go back under your rocks!

01-23-2008, 01:31 AM
This is to northporter!!!! You can say you work for this department and I for one will call you a LIAR! You have no clue what actually happened at that house or you would not, nor could not say what you have written here! Check out the time line listed in the Sun Herald as to what happened once the first officer went on scene. Ask the Officers that were there what was going on from the start! Ask the detectives that were there that had to finally be sent home after working over 24 hours straight on this case, only to sleep a few hours and come right back to work into the wee hours of the next day and continue to put in those hours. We see them there when we leave or come in and they're still there when we leave or come in! So if you want to say that you know what was going on, you're a LIAR that wants to start $hit here and discredit the hard work and dedication that all the officers have put into this investigation that includes not only NPPD, but CCSO, SSo, FWC, FDLE, Search and Rescue, and several other agencies! The puke that committed this murder was charged last night with premeditated first degree murder. This charge was the result of Ba11busting work by CIB and everyone else involved in this investigation. You are the lowest form of pond scum to ever come on this site to say anything about this investigation other than we gave it everything we had!

01-23-2008, 01:34 AM
oh now you are the spokesperson for the citizens and rank and file. If the citizens had concerns with the leadership they should take it up with the city leaders and the rank and file with their union.

01-23-2008, 05:38 AM
I just got home tonight from working this crime scene detail and I figured I would jump on to see what garbage is floating around out there. Well, I seem to have found it! I was the first officer on scene and no I am not counting the trainee. If anyone that works for us who posted here needs or wants to know what happened, come see me. I will tell you from start to finish I will never forget it!

01-23-2008, 12:00 PM
You know you guys make me sick defending this BS....

God bless this poor girl and her family.

911 call may have slipped through cracks
By JOHN DAVIS and ZAC ANDERSON

john.davis@heraldtribune.com
zac.anderson@heraldtribune.com

NORTH PORT -- A witness called 911 and said she saw a woman banging on the window of a Camaro and screaming for help as the car made its way down U.S. 41 Thursday night, but the information apparently never got to officers searching for Denise Amber Lee.

Janet Kowalski gave authorities an exact location for the car as it pulled up beside her at 41 and Cranberry Boulevard at 6:30 p.m. She stayed on the phone for several minutes as she drove south on 41, updating authorities on the car's location.

Kowalski's 911 call might have given police their best chance to save Lee, 21, whose body was found Saturday.

When the call came in, dozens of officers were scouring the area looking for her, or for the suspect's green Camaro. The search included officers in patrol cars, some on foot with police dogs and a helicopter with heat sensors that allow authorities to detect someone in the dark.

Yet apparently none of the officers in the area at the time knew that Kowalski had seen a woman, alive and struggling, in a Camaro.

Kowalski told the 911 operator that she saw the driver repeatedly push a woman down in the back seat of his car, and the woman slapped the passenger-side window as if trying to get out. Kowalski also said she heard the woman screaming "like she never heard before," according to documents released Tuesday.

Authorities had been looking for Michael King and his green Camaro, which had a black grill protector, since shortly after Lee, 21, was reported missing at 3:20 p.m. An alert on the car went out at 5 p.m., and authorities stepped up their search after receiving two 911 calls reporting that King had abducted Lee. On one of those calls Lee could be heard begging her abductor for her life.

Lee's body was found buried in a shallow grave Saturday. King, 36, has been charged with her murder. Authorities say they also have evidence that King sexually assaulted Lee.

Kowalski later identified King to North Port police. He was driving on U.S. 41, the main north-south road in the area, and the location where Kowalski said she spotted him is only about three miles from the North Port police station.

What happened to Kowalski's call remains unclear. At least two other 911 calls -- one by a relative of King's who said King had borrowed a gas can and shovel and was spotted pushing a tied up Lee into his car, and a second in which Lee begged for her life -- were handled by Sarasota County dispatchers and immediately passed on to searchers.

But because Kowalski called 911 from just inside the Charlotte County line on Cranberry Boulevard, her call was handled by the Charlotte County 911 center. For some reason, the call was not patched through to the North Port police, who were directing the search for Lee.

"They handled the call from beginning to end," said North Port Police Capt. Robert Estrada.

Charlotte Sheriff John Davenport said Tuesday that dispatchers should have known of the alert on the Camaro and should have immediately relayed any information they received to North Port police.

He also acknowledged that a breakdown in communication would be a serious police failure, but would not say when information from the Kowalski call was relayed to North Port Police.

"There will be comments made," Davenport said. "We will be looking into all of this, and things will come out. But this is all speculation right now. I know some of the information is wrong."

The State Attorney's Office has refused to release copies of any 911 call connected to the Lee case.

Kowalski called 911 as the car pulled up beside her as she stopped at the light at Cranberry Boulevard and U.S. 41. The car then pulled in behind Kowalski as she drove south on U.S. 41, she told the dispatcher. As Kowalski drove she reeled off the names of the streets she passed on the largely undeveloped stretch of U.S. 41. After about three miles the two cars got to Toledo Blade Boulevard, and the Camaro quickly made a left turn onto Toledo Blade, she told authorities.

King was arrested about three hours later on that same road, his pants by that time soaking wet and covered in mud. Lee was nowhere to be found.

As Kowalski watched Lee fight for her life, searchers were looking for her near Tropicare Boulevard and others were heading to Karluk Street, where King had stopped to borrow a shovel, gas can and flashlight from his cousin, Harold Muxlow.

North Port Police Chief Terry Lewis declined to answer questions regarding the handling of the Kowalski call.

01-23-2008, 07:56 PM
911 call may have slipped through cracks
By JOHN DAVIS and ZAC ANDERSON

North Port Police Chief Terry Lewis declined to answer questions regarding the handling of the Kowalski call.

Want to know why?
He needs at least 48 hrs to come up with a line of BS, thats why.

01-26-2008, 06:21 AM
Lewis and Estrada are both big time losers! They have no leadership skills and are the type to smile to your face and and stab you in the back with the other hand. The constantly contradict themselves and have no problem with telling lies. NPPD has a terrible reputation that continually shows how inept they really are. The house of cards is starting to crumble....

01-26-2008, 05:27 PM
YEAH YEAH YEAH ......BLAH BLAH BLAH!

01-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Ladies,

It matters not what you think of Mr. Lewis or his administration. It matters not if you like your job. It matters not your opinions. It matters not if you are unhappy. DO YOUR JOB AND SHUT UP. At least you have a job, or according to your local rag, you would be out robbing and murdering. According to the local newspapers..which I am sure you read and believe....The reason North Port is experiencing so much crime is the lack of work.....Do you too believe this? If you do not like Mr. Lewis or his administration...Go to the SO..or better still, I have a GREAT idea...SCOUR THIS ENTIRE BLOG...EVERY DEPARTMENT AND FIND ME ONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE SOME SAD SACK LIKE YOURSELF SCREAMING OF UNFAIRNESS AND LACK OF LEADERSHIP. Get over it.....Just protect and serve the citizens and keep your opinions in check. Oh..I DO NOT SUPPOSE YOU EVER PONDER NOT CASHING THAT PAYCHECK THAT MR. LEWIS SIGNS FOR YOU SINCE YOU HATE HIM AND YOUR JOB SO MUCH HUH?

01-26-2008, 06:10 PM
To School of Truth

You da man. I love it. I am a Lewis supporter. I love truth and honesty which I think this department lacks in its ranks not administration.

01-26-2008, 11:27 PM
Ladies,

It matters not what you think of Mr. Lewis or his administration. It matters not if you like your job. It matters not your opinions. It matters not if you are unhappy. DO YOUR JOB AND SHUT UP. At least you have a job, or according to your local rag, you would be out robbing and murdering. According to the local newspapers..which I am sure you read and believe....The reason North Port is experiencing so much crime is the lack of work.....Do you too believe this? If you do not like Mr. Lewis or his administration...Go to the SO..or better still, I have a GREAT idea...SCOUR THIS ENTIRE BLOG...EVERY DEPARTMENT AND FIND ME ONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE SOME SAD SACK LIKE YOURSELF SCREAMING OF UNFAIRNESS AND LACK OF LEADERSHIP. Get over it.....Just protect and serve the citizens and keep your opinions in check. Oh..I DO NOT SUPPOSE YOU EVER PONDER NOT CASHING THAT PAYCHECK THAT MR. LEWIS SIGNS FOR YOU SINCE YOU HATE HIM AND YOUR JOB SO MUCH HUH?

I ponder why he can be here playing golf (http://www.worldgolfrenaissance.com/index.cfm) with tax dollars and screwing off and then take a day and half to go 350 miles back to North Port after being notified of the abduction.
Guess he wanted to get in a quick 9 holes before coming home huh?

01-27-2008, 02:35 AM
Ladies,

I ponder why he can be here playing golf (http://www.worldgolfrenaissance.com/index.cfm) with tax dollars and screwing off and then take a day and half to go 350 miles back to North Port after being notified of the abduction.
Guess he wanted to get in a quick 9 holes before coming home huh?

Hell....at least he would have had an excellent excuse to use lights and siren on the interstate to get back with his team.... :roll:

02-13-2008, 05:08 AM
Uh... what a retard. An obvious outsider with infant wisdom. The chief doesn't have lights and sirens...

02-13-2008, 06:05 PM
and he doesn't play golf

02-13-2008, 09:32 PM
and he doesn't play golf

Nor does he play a good chief a good police chief either.

Unregistered
10-20-2015, 05:17 PM
Here is one of three topics about the Lee murder.
It also discusses Lewis and his lack of action in a high profile child murder when he was with the SO.

After all that and other poor leadership acts the city kept him on then hired him as city manager.