PDA

View Full Version : help us

01-20-2008, 11:50 PM
Hey you can't blame LW SWAT for not being the best , these guy's work hard , however thier Lt never made it through SWAT school and this is the same Lt that when he was assigned to the team he walked around the PD attending briefing in full SWAT gear.

It's not the fault of the guy's were just stuck with a LT that we don;t want.

The only real LT we had is now acting deputy chief.

We all had to take the test for SWAT but the LT didn't , he doesn't even train with us just watches, he's to old and can't keep up .

01-21-2008, 01:23 AM
I can't wait to go green , so I can try out for thier SWAT Team , I know that there is alot of pepole trying out for the team always, but I hope I make the cut, but if i don't it is becuase I wasn't the best and that's OK with me , hear at LW you make the team if your a do boy.

01-21-2008, 08:07 AM
I can't wait to go green , so I can try out for thier SWAT Team , I know that there is alot of pepole trying out for the team always, but I hope I make the cut, but if i don't it is becuase I wasn't the best and that's OK with me , hear at LW you make the team if your a do boy.

Don't go thinking it's any different on the green SWAT team. I've got friends over there who say the team has been divided by poor leadership which has trickled down to the troops. Their training program has become nonexistant. They have even posted on their forum that they never get to shoot. Half their team is out of shape and probably couldn't do the O-Course. They aren't even full time anymore.

01-21-2008, 08:24 AM

Don't go thinking it's any different on the green SWAT team. I've got friends over there who say the team has been divided by poor leadership which has trickled down to the troops. Their training program has become nonexistant. They have even posted on their forum that they never get to shoot. Half their team is out of shape and probably couldn't do the O-Course. They aren't even full time anymore.

Where the hell do you get your info? I'm PBSO SWAT and our leadership is far superior to anything else. Our training is beyond anything any city has to offer in the area. The majority of our guys are in great shape and if you can pass try outs then you are in great shape too. They train all the time, and there is still a full time unit, but they are used on the street as well. Go green, it's great over here.

01-21-2008, 09:00 PM
To the poster that said that PBSO SWAT doesn't train or most of thier guy's are out of shape must know someone on the team that is an old timer and is really not invovled anymore with the team .

We have a great team and great leader's they train with us and do what ever we do as far as training , they dont' have that do as I say attitude.

01-21-2008, 09:00 PM

Where the hell do you get your info? I'm PBSO SWAT and our leadership is far superior to anything else. Our training is beyond anything any city has to offer in the area. The majority of our guys are in great shape and if you can pass try outs then you are in great shape too. They train all the time, and there is still a full time unit, but they are used on the street as well. Go green, it's great over here.

That's a bunch of BS. I read on the School Police Forum and from a SRO that the SWAT School you guys just had was aweful. They said the instructors had no idea what they were doing. I hear that you guys are going to be removing several members and supervisors because they cannot pass the O-Course.
I've even read on your own forum that you guys hardly ever get to shoot.

You guys think your all that! You ain't SH*T!

01-21-2008, 09:05 PM
To the poster that said that PBSO SWAT doesn't train or most of thier guy's are out of shape must know someone on the team that is an old timer and is really not invovled anymore with the team .

We have a great team and great leader's they train with us and do what ever we do as far as training , they dont' have that do as I say attitude.

More BS. I've met 2 of your Sgts a long time ago. One was a 5 foot nothing Juice head who may be the LT now and the other looked like Grizzly Adams. 2 of the biggest jerks I ever met. They treated their troops like crap. I will say that one of them was nice; Short Irish guy. Mc??? Forgot his name.
I've seen some of your troops and you all don't have crap on us.

01-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Hey PBSO SWAT, stay the heck off of our site. Do you see us posting crap about your team on your forum? No, but if you would like us to we can.
Go Away!!!

01-21-2008, 09:32 PM
Several year's ago I met your SWAT Sgt a large guy , but he was in shape and kept up with his team member's , he shot with you guy's ran with you guy's and did everything he asked you guy's to do. I saw him at the range a few weeks' ago and he told me he is in training now, good for you guy's this is what you need .

Some of your guy's SWAT and no- SWAT told me this Sgt is the best training Sgt that the department has had in a long time.

I also heard that the new SWAT Sgt is an old Team member and is a hard worker and great leader but they want the LT to leave the team becuase he can't keep up with the team and doesn't train with member's only stands around and tell's how it should be done.
Come iver and you'll see a real team LT .

01-21-2008, 09:38 PM
to the poster at 1605 the guy you were talking about Mc''''' is Bill Mac kenna and he works for PBSO now he saw the light a long time ago, great cop

01-21-2008, 10:17 PM
to the poster at 1605 the guy you were talking about Mc''''' is Bill Mac kenna and he works for PBSO now he saw the light a long time ago, great cop

No that's not the guy I was talking about. I made a phone call and his name is McDermott. He was a real nice guy.

EDIT MOD 425

01-22-2008, 03:36 AM
Hey PBSO SWAT, stay the heck off of our site. Do you see us posting crap about your team on your forum? No, but if you would like us to we can.
Go Away!!!

You want to talk crap about our agency we will come on here and talk crap about you. We will smoke any day you are man enough to try it. We consistently score in the top 20 at competition, where lake worthless hasn't had the courage to show up. The BS posted on the School board police forums is bogus and if you think information posted on here is truthful you need to get another psychological done. I've seen the out of shape unprofessional working at Lake Worth, there are plenty of them. Your department can't even determine jurisdiction, lol, what a joke. Stay blue for all I care, we don't need people like you over here. Lake Worth will burn and run themselves into the ground.

01-22-2008, 04:45 AM
You want to talk crap about our agency we will come on here and talk crap about you. We will smoke any day you are man enough to try it. We consistently score in the top 20 at competition, where lake worthless hasn't had the courage to show up. The BS posted on the School board police forums is bogus and if you think information posted on here is truthful you need to get another psychological done. I've seen the out of shape unprofessional working at Lake Worth, there are plenty of them. Your department can't even determine jurisdiction, lol, what a joke. Stay blue for all I care, we don't need people like you over here. Lake Worth will burn and run themselves into the ground.

Lake Worth Brothers and Sisters,
I don't usually look at the things being posted on your site, but I had heard that there were things being posted here from members of our SWAT Team.
Many of us would like you all to know that the opinion of the above PBSO SWAT member is not the opinion of ANY of the deputies I know.
I feel embarrassed to be working with the person who wrote this.
I've always heard that our SWAT team had so many issues, now I know why.

If or when the day ever comes that you all change into green, we will welcome you. AND.... I hope the day comes that some of you become PBSO SWAT team members and replace jerks like the one who made the above post.
Be safe!

- PBSO Deputy

01-22-2008, 05:01 AM

You PBSO SWAT Guys are unbelievable. You have no idea what a real team is!

01-22-2008, 06:33 AM

I don't usually look at the things being posted on your site, but I had heard that there were things being posted here from members of our SWAT Team.
Many of us would like you all to know that the opinion of the above PBSO SWAT member is not the opinion of ANY of the deputies I know.

If or when the day ever comes that you all change into green, we will welcome you. AND.... I hope the day comes that some of you become PBSO SWAT team members and replace jerks like the one who made the above post.
Be safe!

- PBSO Deputy

With all due respect, Lake Worth began throwing stones at PBSO. I have an utmost respect for every LEO, but don't disrespct our agency. PBSO SWAT is a great unit, and does very well in a world wide competition. No one jumps on the LW guy that feels the need to bash PBSO. We are all on the same team. Every place has their great officers, and their undesirables. Stay safe and stop with the nonsense BS. There are enough people out there who hate us, we don't need to hate eachother.

01-22-2008, 06:36 AM

This guy may not even be on SWAT. We work well with WPBPD lets not change that because of some anonymous posting a this forum.

01-22-2008, 06:40 AM
Only one way to settle this , SWAT round up next year in Orlando end of story

01-22-2008, 07:28 AM

This guy may not even be on SWAT. We work well with WPBPD lets not change that because of some anonymous posting a this forum.

I'm the one who wrote the unprofessional comment to Lake Worth. I'm sorry, it seems egos got the best of all of us. Throwing rocks is dumb and it was wrong of me to make that comment. While I feel the lake worth poster was just as wrong, two wrongs don't make a right. Sorry.

01-22-2008, 12:22 PM
If this truly is a LWPD cop saying all of this crap and not a retired disgruntled one then I am ashamed of the way LWPD has spoken about PBSO. Is it the tough guy SWAT attitude or just another person who speaks out of his ass? If this tough guy was so certain of himself and his team then he would sign his name. PBSO is a great agency and most of us at LWPD wish our agency was just as good. We at LWPD have some great cops here and most of us (90-95%) want to go PBSO.

EDIT MOD 425, NO PROFANITY

01-22-2008, 05:24 PM

Be safe!

- PBSO Deputy

With all due respect, Lake Worth began throwing stones at PBSO. I have an utmost respect for every LEO, but don't disrespct our agency. PBSO SWAT is a great unit, and does very well in a world wide competition. No one jumps on the LW guy that feels the need to bash PBSO. We are all on the same team. Every place has their great officers, and their undesirables. Stay safe and stop with the nonsense BS. There are enough people out there who hate us, we don't need to hate eachother.

Hey, All I was saying is that going green and trying out for PBSO's SWAT is not going to rid you of all your problems. PBSO OBVIOUSLY has their problems too, which they just proved.

They have a new LT on PBSO's Team, which is a good start. The LT they they used to have was a major part of their problem. From what I hear, that juice head (now Capt) ran that team into the ground.
I am told that the the team just needs to loose one more Sgt (Grizley Adams looking guy) before they can truely rebuild.

Someone else also made a good point. What in the heck does Round Up prove? All that proves is that a team practiced for a couple months and figured out the tricks to shave off time.
Does any of that make them a better operator? NO

01-22-2008, 05:28 PM

I'm the one who wrote the unprofessional comment to Lake Worth. I'm sorry, it seems egos got the best of all of us. Throwing rocks is dumb and it was wrong of me to make that comment. While I feel the lake worth poster was just as wrong, two wrongs don't make a right. Sorry.

Too late for that A-Hole. I know who you probably are. Your that 4 foot nothing Munchkin they call Elvis!

01-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Why would be want LWPD m these guys are pretty sad. If this is what is going on in LWPD who would want to work there and who would want these types of people if you left.

01-22-2008, 07:15 PM

Too late for that A-Hole. I know who you probably are. Your that 4 foot nothing Munchkin they call Elvis!

Even when one of your own tells you to stop, you continue. If must make you feel like such a big man. Grow up.

01-22-2008, 07:19 PM

Be safe!

- PBSO Deputy

Hey, All I was saying is that going green and trying out for PBSO's SWAT is not going to rid you of all your problems. PBSO OBVIOUSLY has their problems too, which they just proved.

They have a new LT on PBSO's Team, which is a good start. The LT they they used to have was a major part of their problem. From what I hear, that juice head (now Capt) ran that team into the ground.
I am told that the the team just needs to loose one more Sgt (Grizley Adams looking guy) before they can truely rebuild.

Someone else also made a good point. What in the heck does Round Up prove? All that proves is that a team practiced for a couple months and figured out the tricks to shave off time.
Does any of that make them a better operator? NO

Round up is a very practical. The tests are simulated in real situations and the physical requirements are very tuff. Every team has their good and bad, and PBSO has a lot of news guys who are really squared away.

01-22-2008, 07:20 PM
[quote="LW COP"]If this truly is a LWPD cop saying all of this crap and not a retired disgruntled one then I am ashamed of the way LWPD has spoken about PBSO. Is it the tough guy SWAT attitude or just another person who speaks out of his ass? If this tough guy was so certain of himself and his team then he would sign his name. PBSO is a great agency and most of us at LWPD wish our agency was just as good. We at LWPD have some great cops here and most of us (90-95%) want to go PBSO.

EDIT 425, PROFANITY

I know there are some great guys at LWPD and your comments prove it. Thanks for keeping the brotherhood alive and being professional

01-22-2008, 09:42 PM
The brotherhood is still there and it's intact. Whether it be WPB with PBSO or PBSO with LWPD. Does someone actually believe if we had a mutual aid call out together where SWAT is involved that we'd stop and look at each other and start bickering over some posting on LEOAFFAIRS. I don't think so. Some people take things to serious here. Lighten up!

Now, before we get all hallmark about it. I don't think stating PBSO SWAT is the best is a negative thing. It's the truth!!! We have the money and time to play with our toys.

I love competition and my brothers on SWAT are the best. One thing we all can agree on. Our enemies out there won't nor will they ever defeat us.

See boys at round up in November to settle this.

:D

01-22-2008, 10:56 PM
If this truly is a LWPD cop saying all of this crap and not a retired disgruntled one then I am ashamed of the way LWPD has spoken about PBSO. Is it the tough guy SWAT attitude or just another person who speaks out of his ass? If this tough guy was so certain of himself and his team then he would sign his name. PBSO is a great agency and most of us at LWPD wish our agency was just as good. We at LWPD have some great cops here and most of us (90-95%) want to go PBSO.

I know there are some great guys at LWPD and your comments prove it. Thanks for keeping the brotherhood alive and being professional

No this isn't a "retired disgruntled cop" this is an current employee of LWPD one that is tired of the BS hear and can't wait for yhe SO take over becuase I know that with the SO if you try out for Swat or any other spot in the department and you place number 1 your'll get the spot not like hear were if you place # 1 you don't get the spot unless your in the click.

The SO is the way to go ask the officer's that allready left for the SO they love it.

01-23-2008, 03:10 AM

No this isn't a "retired disgruntled cop" this is an current employee of LWPD one that is tired of the BS hear and can't wait for yhe SO take over becuase I know that with the SO if you try out for Swat or any other spot in the department and you place number 1 your'll get the spot not like hear were if you place # 1 you don't get the spot unless your in the click.

The SO is the way to go ask the officer's that allready left for the SO they love it.

EDIT MOD 425, WRONG FORUM FOR PBSO BASHING

01-23-2008, 03:26 AM
I don't think stating PBSO SWAT is the best is a negative thing. It's the truth!!!

You are so full of horse crap.

Now, my 16 year old son plays on a local paint ball team. Their team has won many competitions. Last year they did so well they almost went to a national competition.
I would place money that if your (PBSO) SWAT team went up against them (this includes capture the flag, death match and CQB), you would be walking away with your tails between your legs.
My point here is that you will only be beaten because they have been training for these events for years. This is the same reason why Orange County ALWAYS places tops.

Your theory of doing well at roundup makes you the best ain't work'n for me because I certainly do not think that Orange County is a very good team off the O course. Have you seen how they do their entries? I'm surprised they don't get killed the way they pass open doors as they serpentine to the rear of the building. My department doesn't bother to send our members anymore.

01-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Anymore LWPD has never gone and seriously entered the competetions . They go to wear their shirts and get the freebees. I think they may have tried the evernts 1 time, Your PD doesn't send you because if the need for swat every really arises they will call PBSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Just when I thought people had started growing up, then someone has to come in and screw it up. Stop bashing eachother. Argueing over the computer is just plain stupid.

01-24-2008, 03:17 AM
Just when I thought people had started growing up, then someone has to come in and screw it up. Stop bashing eachother. Argueing over the computer is just plain stupid.

As deputy we don't all think like what the other poster wrote. stay safe

01-25-2008, 07:47 AM
Hey everyone let's get along we know that PBSO is better then us that's why alot of us are leaving to go GREEN.

01-25-2008, 08:31 PM
To the last poster, can you not get your point across without being negative or trying to stir up people emotions.

02-09-2008, 05:37 AM
I can't wait to go green , so I can try out for thier SWAT Team , I know that there is alot of pepole trying out for the team always, but I hope I make the cut, but if i don't it is becuase I wasn't the best and that's OK with me , hear at LW you make the team if your a do boy.If you think the PBSO SWAT Team is any different you will really be let down. They take who they want not who deserves it. Believe me!!

02-09-2008, 05:42 AM

Where the hell do you get your info? I'm PBSO SWAT and our leadership is far superior to anything else. Our training is beyond anything any city has to offer in the area. The majority of our guys are in great shape and if you can pass try outs then you are in great shape too. They train all the time, and there is still a full time unit, but they are used on the street as well. Go green, it's great over here.What the hell has this guy been drinking "Kool Aid"! The poster was right on about leadership, training and out of shape people! If you can't admit it you can't fix it! PBSO SWAT training has gone to nothing even when they train nobody shows up! Fat guys all over and you call their tryouts difficult? A out of shape girl scout make that a "brownie" can do that tryout and pass! Get real SWAT BOY!

02-09-2008, 06:11 AM
The brotherhood is still there and it's intact. Whether it be WPB with PBSO or PBSO with LWPD. Does someone actually believe if we had a mutual aid call out together where SWAT is involved that we'd stop and look at each other and start bickering over some posting on LEOAFFAIRS. I don't think so. Some people take things to serious here. Lighten up!

Now, before we get all hallmark about it. I don't think stating PBSO SWAT is the best is a negative thing. It's the truth!!! We have the money and time to play with our toys.

I love competition and my brothers on SWAT are the best. One thing we all can agree on. Our enemies out there won't nor will they ever defeat us.

:DOnce again what does Round Up prove? You can tell how good your training is by your trainer's themselves. PBSO SWAT's Master trainer is a Sgt named JG. Enough said that guy is the biggest walking cluster"F" in the world! Carried a full magazine on his gear during a training op and he is still there! I would put WPBPD SWAT over PBSO SWAT anyday and the PBSO guys know it. And as far as having the toys. Yes you do but you don't know how to play them! Remember SHOOT, MOVE AND COMMUNICATE! If you can't do that then all the toys in the world won't save you!

02-11-2008, 04:21 PM

:DOnce again what does Round Up prove? You can tell how good your training is by your trainer's themselves. PBSO SWAT's Master trainer is a Sgt named JG. Enough said that guy is the biggest walking cluster"F" in the world! Carried a full magazine on his gear during a training op and he is still there! I would put WPBPD SWAT over PBSO SWAT anyday and the PBSO guys know it. And as far as having the toys. Yes you do but you don't know how to play them! Remember SHOOT, MOVE AND COMMUNICATE! If you can't do that then all the toys in the world won't save you!

You're obviously not a PBSO Deputy. I came from WPPD and they couldn't touch us. Their leadership was horrible. Ever place has their issues, but I've watched several agencies train and there is no doubt PBSO SWAT is far superior to most. We have some excellent guys and some less desired. The same can be said for any SWAT team.

02-11-2008, 05:35 PM
I came across this exchange of ideas just browsing the internet. I happen to be a West Palm Police Officer and a member of their SWAT Team. I can’t imagine anyone bashing PBSO SWAT. We do and prefer to train with them because we train very similar. I can say this, very few can pass their tryouts and I had a hard time with it. If you are out of shape you won’t pass it. We like every place have some out of shape members, and like other places it seems once you’re on the team you aren’t forced to be able to pass tryouts. The latest PBSO tryouts brought on some great new members. No disrespect to other teams in the county, we enjoy working with the SO and I would go through any door with anyone of them. I would venture to say the posters claiming to be PBSO Deputies are not actually Deputies and if they were they are the one who couldn’t make it on SWAT. Are there instances where the chosen ones get picked to be on the team? Absolutely, it happens and if you think its bad there, you haven’t worked for our Chief. I wouldn’t say PBSO is better or that we are better, it comes to the individual with the most heart. They have some great strong members, as do we. What would be great is if all the SWAT teams in the county would spend more time training together and less time worrying about other political nonsense. Stay safe and as always take care of each other.

02-11-2008, 07:54 PM
I hear Delray's team is pretty good too :roll:

02-12-2008, 02:29 AM
Just help us get rid of our Lt and everything will be ok.

02-12-2008, 06:18 AM
I hear Delray's team is pretty good too :roll:

I like the rolling of the eyes. That's about how good Delray's SWAT is