PDA

View Full Version : Good Job Chief Lewis you came through again

01-20-2008, 06:04 PM
There was a three-hour delay between the first report of Lee’s disappearance and North Port police calling for a lockdown of the city, and some wonder if the department should have acted sooner.

01-20-2008, 06:38 PM
and done???

01-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Always need someone else to blame... is it because this situation was out of everyones control that we always need to blame someone else?

BTW the city was never officially on "lock down" as you put it, looking for a missing person in a 103 sq mile city when you have no idea what you are looking for or how far they might have gotten is not even feasible. Do you suggest that the city of North Port and all surrounding counties be put on martial law and everyone must go home and not come out of their homes??? You should see what you can do to get that passed into law and then try implementing it. I for one was out in my car that afternoon and even went to the estates to see family and saw police everywhere doing their best...
I'm proud of NPPD and all surrounding agencies for their efforts. I'm very sad that the outcome was not better, and feel for her family. Let's do ourselves a favor though and take a look at the messed up lunatic instead of pointing fingers at everyone involved in trying to help her.

01-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Well said proud, everyone did a great job, bad guy is in jail and unfortunely a young woman is killed by an assh___. She was at least found and brought home to her family. RIP

01-20-2008, 07:44 PM
I am sorry but people are screaming and threatening the suspects cousin for waiting a half hour to call in.
Yet the powers that be at th police department waited 3 hours before taking the complaint seriously.
And it took the chief, what, all most two days to finally decide to return to the city and take control of the department.
It has nothing to do with blame, but everything to do with responsiblilty.

01-20-2008, 07:58 PM
I am sorry but people are screaming and threatening the suspects cousin for waiting a half hour to call in.
Yet the powers that be at th police department waited 3 hours before taking the complaint seriously.
And it took the chief, what, all most two days to finally decide to return to the city and take control of the department.
It has nothing to do with blame, but everything to do with responsiblilty.

If you really knew what your were talking about I could understand. Instead you take what you read in the paper as fact, you are wrong. When we first arrived we began an investigation. Within 20 min Sarasota Air one was requested as well as a bloodhound. Interviews with neighbors had been completed within 5 min of arrival. CIB was notified with in the first half hour. An area search began 10-15 min after the first officer arrived on scene. There is so much more that went on you have no idea of and will never understand or know. This was taken seriously from the begining and still at this very moment.

If you believe the newspaper that is your problem.

01-20-2008, 08:39 PM
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20 ... 14/NEWS010 (http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20080120/NEWS/801200313/1014/NEWS010)

Capt. Robert Estrada said the agency was at the time assessing the situation, and acknowledged that officials did not realize how serious it was until the victim called 911 shortly after 6 p.m., asking for help.

I believe that is a direct quote.

Chief Lewis was out of town at the time of the abduction.

I believe that is accurate as well.

Is it also correct the he did not return to take control of the situation till sometime late Friday?

01-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Yes we did not know how serious it was, we had nothing to go on, no evidence of an abduction! Yes Chief Lewis was at the Police chief's conferance so he was out of town. Do you expect him to snap his fingers and appear. This happened Thursday, so the way I see it he got back here as fast as possible. Beside Capt. Estrada is more than able to handle the agency. The press is not accurate on the events, they fill in the blanks and print many rumors. Like the one about investigators having to be flown into the grave site area because it was rual and unacessible by foot. Did you see the photo, it was like 15 yards off the road covered in palmettos. My point made!

01-20-2008, 09:48 PM
I heard out of my own ears the words of a grief stricken father thanking the media for the support and space needed while trying to cope with a tragedy such as this. If the media can back off and give them space, can you not? Look on any post within any agency that aided in this search and I challenge you to find a thread such as this. Blame is not a place we need to visit now. Stop the bashing. Stop the blaming. Stop the accusations. Pray for a family. Post supportive and loving comments and let's stay away from this now. Citizen or brother officer, deputy or friend we can post encouraging loving messages but now is not the time for this. I am the proud wife of an SSO deputy who aided in this search. I for one would like to thank everyone who helped bring that young woman home. My tears are for all of you. Every victim, every friend, every citizen, every parent and every deputy or LEO who became a part of this sad story in any way. God Bless you all and do go home and tell your family you love them. A blink of an eye...gone.

01-20-2008, 11:24 PM
I challenge you to find a thread such as this. Blame is not a place we need to visit now. Stop the bashing. Stop the blaming.

Found worse on your board SSO.

http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0 (http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?t=44417&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)

Bashing and threatening to respond slowly to assist other officers for doing there job.
Perhaps you should try cleaning the disharmony in your own agency, Out of Towner, or Wife of officer.

Please try and stick with one name when making double post.

01-20-2008, 11:30 PM
To Guest:

I will pray for you.

01-20-2008, 11:45 PM
To Guest:

I will pray for you.

I would hope that you pray for your husband who has to work with in that kind of vindictive atmosphere