PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS BUT NO ANSWERS.

01-20-2008, 04:15 PM
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20 ... 4/NEWS0106 (http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20080120/NEWS/801200313/1014/NEWS0106)

Grim find seems to seal a missing woman's fate
By ZAC ANDERSON and JOHN DAVIS

zac.anderson@heraldtribune.com
john.davis@heraldtribune.com

"While the victim's families have kept quiet, some residents are questioning why North Port police waited more than three hours to search for Lee after her husband reported her missing Thursday afternoon.

Chief Lewis was out of town at the time of the abduction. Capt. Robert Estrada said the agency was at the time assessing the situation, and acknowledged that officials did not realize how serious it was until the victim called 911 shortly after 6 p.m., asking for help."

01-20-2008, 04:49 PM
I find your post disgusting at a time like this. There were officers out looking and investigating when the call first came out, however it got more serious as more information came in. I know because my husband, an officer, was talking to me around 3:30-4:00 ish and said he had to go because a girl was missing.
Everyone is hurting right now, feeling guilt because they feel if only they has seen the car... went down the right roadway... known more earlier they could have done something, and your going on come on here and question the early hours of an investigation where an adult was missing and there was no valid information to act on...
Sad... very sad... and though I think the media did a good job keeping the community apprised, they are just starting controversy over something that was uncontrollable.
Monday morning quarterbacking is always easy to do when you don't have all the information.

My thoughts and condolences to Denise Amber Lee's husband, children and family. This is a very sad time..... and I hope that the jerk who did this horrible thing gets his just dues...

01-20-2008, 05:12 PM
"why North Port police waited more than three hours to search for Lee after her husband reported her missing Thursday afternoon."

The admin. is being questioned on it's slow responce. Not those who assisted.

01-20-2008, 06:42 PM
When was admin. notified? ususally admin. is notified later during an event

01-20-2008, 06:54 PM
lol.. a whole on duty department looking and trying to help (including shift Lts and Sgts) and your worried about some big wigs who sit in offices all day????? PLEASE

01-20-2008, 08:03 PM
"why North Port police waited more than three hours to search for Lee after her husband reported her missing Thursday afternoon."

The admin. is being questioned on it's slow responce. Not those who assisted.

First of all Admin does call the shots when an investigations is in the begining stages. We were ontop of this but had no leads until that first dreaded call came in. If you were there you would have seen how the NPPD Officers flew out of there to head to a location that they latter found out is where the suspect was 20 min prior. The only person to blame for this tragic ending is the scum bag that is injail. Good Job North Port!

01-20-2008, 10:39 PM
I heard out of my own ears the words of a grief stricken father thanking the media for the support and space needed while trying to cope with a tragedy such as this. If the media can back off and give them space, can you not? Look on any post within any agency that aided in this search and I challenge you to find a thread such as this. Blame is not a place we need to visit now. Stop the bashing. Stop the blaming. Stop the accusations. Pray for a family. Post supportive and loving comments and let's stay away from this now. Citizen or brother officer, deputy or friend we can post encouraging loving messages but now is not the time for this. I am the proud wife of an SSO deputy who aided in this search. I for one would like to thank everyone who helped bring that young woman home. My tears are for all of you. Every victim, every friend, every citizen, every parent and every deputy or LEO who became a part of this sad story in any way. God Bless you all and do go home and tell your family you love them. A blink of an eye...gone.

01-20-2008, 11:21 PM
I challenge you to find a thread such as this. Blame is not a place we need to visit now. Stop the bashing. Stop the blaming.

Found worse on your board SSO.

http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0 (http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?t=44417&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)

Bashing and threatening to respond slowly to assist other officers for doing there job.
Perhaps you should try cleaning the disharmony in your own agency.

01-20-2008, 11:32 PM
To Previous Guest:

I will pray for you.

01-20-2008, 11:46 PM
To Previous Guest:

I will pray for you.

I would hope that you pray for your husband who has to work with in that kind of vindictive atmosphere

01-22-2008, 12:20 AM
Let me get this straight. You guys have districts??