PDA

View Full Version : JEFF FOR SHERIFF

01-19-2008, 12:54 PM
Jeff for Sheriff and Jack Taylor as Chief Deputy. WOW! Now that is a team for progress.

That is a team for integrity, honesty and change!

01-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Jeff for Sheriff and Jack Taylor as Chief Deputy. WOW! Now that is a team for progress.

LOL.. YOU'VE GOTTA BE FRIGGIN KIDDING ME!!! THAT'S THE FUNNIEST THING I'VE HEARD ALL YEAR!!! LAUGHTER IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL... LOL...LOL...LOL... THERE IS ALWAYS A WISEGUY IN THE CROWD :lol:

01-21-2008, 07:10 PM
So now we know who the "moral majority" is going to run against Lovin. Lions, tigers and bears oh my. Hang on Toto this isn't Kansas anymore. How will the town of mUrphy ever get along.

01-21-2008, 07:45 PM
You do not understand, Jeff is the"Poster Child for Murphy, NC." If he ran today against the sheriff he would win by a landslide. If Jack Thompson the former Sheriff ran today he would win too! All we need are many to have the courage to run next time. Unfortunately, Thigpen will not run, he only wants to do 4 years and retire.

Jeff being a hero and someone who has worked elsewhere as an officer knows how to best bring good change for this department. Now that the word is out, the sheriff will figure a way to defuse that possibility. The Sheriff will attempt to hire Jeff, or he will attempt smear his name.

Jeff already has done an outstanding job at Murphy, PD!

01-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Change for the sake of change doesn't bring about progress and can often bring about ruin. Check with those in and around Murphy then judge for yourself.

01-21-2008, 11:05 PM
Change for the sake of change doesn't bring about progress and can often bring about ruin. Check with those in and around Murphy then judge for yourself.

We have and found that this would be good change. Jeff is well liked and so is Justin. Lovin is very disliked around the town of Murphy.

01-21-2008, 11:10 PM
Do you not think eight years of Lovin is enough? I understand he got the colors of all police cars changed, a victim's advocate program like the Asheville one, a broken helicopter, and moved us from a single wide trailer into two double wides. Yeah thats pretty good, but Jeff could do better I'm sure. The new jail was not Lovin's doing, it was all ready in the works from the days of Kilpatrick, sorry.

01-22-2008, 07:52 PM
Do you not think eight years of Lovin is enough? I understand he got the colors of all police cars changed, a victim's advocate program like the Asheville one, a broken helicopter, and moved us from a single wide trailer into two double wides. Yeah thats pretty good, but Jeff could do better I'm sure. The new jail was not Lovin's doing, it was all ready in the works from the days of Kilpatrick, sorry.Don't want to bust your bubble :cry: but if it wasn't for the Marine Corp. League,NO Chopper :cry: NO Trailer. :cry: We did that because," ONE OF ARE OWN ASKED" :D Sure wasn't because of "Your World" :!:

01-22-2008, 09:47 PM

We have and found that this would be good change. Jeff is well liked and so is Justin. Lovin is very disliked around the town of Murphy.

So crime takes a holiday and the world is a better place. Maybe Justin and Jeff can run for sheriff. Since everybody in Murphy loves them I am sure it will be a landslide?????? :snicker:

01-23-2008, 05:12 AM
[quote="Mr. Wizard":2xnoy4i3]Change for the sake of change doesn't bring about progress and can often bring about ruin. Check with those in and around Murphy then judge for yourself.

So crime takes a holiday and the world is a better place. Maybe Justin and Jeff can run for sheriff. Since everybody in Murphy loves them I am sure it will be a landslide?????? :snicker:[/quote:2xnoy4i3]

If elections were today, they sure would win. I can not say that in two years. I am sorry you feel left out and not appreciated. I think you had your chance and blew it.

01-23-2008, 06:17 PM
"Jeff being a hero and someone who has worked elsewhere as an officer knows how to best bring good change for this department."

And again.. I don't care who you are.. that is funny! LOL @ a hero? By who's standard? Worked elsewhere as an officer? What? Being a KINDERGARTEN COP in Sylva! LOL
Officer Jeff Postell was working the graveyard shift when he spotted what seemed to be a homeless man crouched in the darkness behind the Sav-A-Lot grocery store. Thin and stubble-faced, dressed in work pants and a camouflage jacket, the man looked as though he was holding something, possibly a pistol. Postell drew his weapon and ordered him to the ground. The man, who turned out to be Eric Robert Rudolph, was holding only a large flashlight,By a fluke, Postell had put an end to one of the longest manhunts in FBI history.

He happened to be in the right place at the right time and Eric was tired of running. Otherwise, Postell would have never even had a chance to catch him, Rudolph gave himself up. REMEMBER: He is the HIDE AND SEEK CHAMPION... LOL.. Also If memory serves me right, Deputy Sean Matthews and TVA Officer Jody Bandy were the officers who FIRST noticed and remarked on the resemblance between "Jerry Wilson" and AKA "Eric Robert Rudolph". NOT your heroic Jeff Postell. :roll: GOOD LUCK if he's running for Sheriff.... LOL... it won't be near as easy as catching the INFAMOUS "Olympic Park Bomber".
P.S. Ask within his own department what the employees think about
"OL HOLLYWOOD!"

As for Jack Taylor being his Chief Deputy... well that would be like Cheech & Chong in the Sheriff's Office... LOL HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

01-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Pray tell don't wake a sleeping giant. Let's not make "super cop" mad. He will take over the S.O. like he did at Murphy. That was one nobody seen coming. Beware of strange bedfellows.

01-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Posted: 01/23/08 13:17:07 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jeff being a hero and someone who has worked elsewhere as an officer knows how to best bring good change for this department."

And again.. I don't care who you are.. that is funny! LOL @ a hero? By who's standard? Worked elsewhere as an officer? What? Being a KINDERGARTEN COP in Sylva! LOL
Officer Jeff Postell was working the graveyard shift when he spotted what seemed to be a homeless man crouched in the darkness behind the Sav-A-Lot grocery store. Thin and stubble-faced, dressed in work pants and a camouflage jacket, the man looked as though he was holding something, possibly a pistol. Postell drew his weapon and ordered him to the ground. The man, who turned out to be Eric Robert Rudolph, was holding only a large flashlight,By a fluke, Postell had put an end to one of the longest manhunts in FBI history.

He happened to be in the right place at the right time and Eric was tired of running. Otherwise, Postell would have never even had a chance to catch him, Rudolph gave himself up. REMEMBER: He is the HIDE AND SEEK CHAMPION... LOL.. Also If memory serves me right, Deputy Sean Matthews and TVA Officer Jody Bandy were the officers who FIRST noticed and remarked on the resemblance between "Jerry Wilson" and AKA "Eric Robert Rudolph". NOT your heroic Jeff Postell. GOOD LUCK if he's running for Sheriff.... LOL... it won't be near as easy as catching the INFAMOUS "Olympic Park Bomber".
P.S. Ask within his own department what the employees think about
"OL HOLLYWOOD!"

As for Jack Taylor being his Chief Deputy... well that would be like Cheech & Chong in the Sheriff's Office... LOL HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

I must say… I wondered where this forum was going to head. I have to say that, when you think of Jeff as a hero, you roll your eyes, why? Do you think it should have been you that got all the credit? Jeff caught Rudolph because he was out doing his job, patrolling. And as far as people in his own department not liking him (wonder who they are?), well jellousy happens every where, or did Officer Postell do something that could have endangered or hurt another officer? According to you, Jeff was a “kindergarten cop”, do you know what it takes to be a school resource officer? And I think that you as a fellow officer just put down every School Resource Officer when you tried to make a joke on Jeff, and I bet you even like some of the ones that work as a SRO in this county, I hope they read that you compared being a SRO to being a kindergarten cop. Moving on…

I think that when people of the community call Jeff a hero, can mean many things. I have to say that Jeff cares about the citizens of the county. I know for a fact that Jeff will take time to talk, and he really listens to what they have to say. And for some, ones who might not have many people to talk to in the first place, well that makes Jeff a hero in some of their eyes because he took the time to stop and listen. You can say well then he must not have much to do because other officers don’t have the time to socialize, but yes you do. I have seen many sitting around talking with each other, or be in a restaurant eating and not talk to someone (which I know how ya’ll hate to be bothered during your meals), but the point is, be nice and say hello when someone says it first.

What I am trying to get across here is this county needs someone who is going to care and have a positive impact on the community, and if Jeff Postell ever decides to run, then we would be lucky to have a candidate that we can trust to care about the future and integrity of this county.
[/quote]

01-23-2008, 09:30 PM
Pray tell don't wake a sleeping giant. Let's not make "super cop" mad. He will take over the S.O. like he did at Murphy. That was one nobody seen coming. Beware of strange bedfellows.

What do you mean by this? Do you not think that what Jeff and Justin have been doing for the department and city have been good? So whats he taking over? As far as I have seen, he and Justin have a challenge on their hands. The department needs a overhaul on everything and I think that their fresh younger ideas are what the town needs.

And how is he a strange bedfellow? Your right on one thing, he is a "super cop", he upholds the standards of law enforcement, and does his job!!!

01-23-2008, 11:15 PM
Gee whiz let's slam a good cop for doing good police work in capturing Eric Rudolph. In complaing about Jeff YOU ARE SHOWING HOW SMALL AND PETTY YOU ARE !!! I have always wondered how many other officers RUDOLPH came into contact with and didn't know who he was.
You seem like the type of person WHO CAN'T and find fault with those that can.
I WOULD TELL YOU TO HAVE A NICE DAY, :lol: :lol: BUT I DON'T WANT YOU TOO HAVE ONE!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

01-24-2008, 05:32 AM
I will say this about that. I was there the morning Jeff captured Eric, and I will tell you this, that even if the deputies would not have alerted to him as being Eric, the jail latent prints would have identified Eric. Therefore, Jeff would have had Eric anyways. The main point here is that he made the arrest of Eric, simple! Jeff was doing his job. Second, he would make a great Sheriff compared to what we have today. Oh, and being an SRO officer is an honorable profession. I would rather invest time in the protection of our most valued treasure, our children!

01-24-2008, 11:52 AM
whos jeff postell

01-24-2008, 04:06 PM
whos jeff postell

He is the Assistant to the Chief at Murphy Police Department and lead investigator. Also, he was the one responsible for capturing Eric Rudolph.

01-24-2008, 05:26 PM
Has anyone asked Jeff if he wants it. I am sure it has crossed his mind. We need to make plans for the future and quit sitting on our hands. With credentials like you have said, good old police work catching Rudolph using his words from a press conference "using techniques my training officer I did what any good officer would do", I am sure he is well qualified. But so much responsiblity on such young shoulders. Please let me know.

01-25-2008, 12:13 AM
Has anyone asked Jeff if he wants it. I am sure it has crossed his mind. We need to make plans for the future and quit sitting on our hands. With credentials like you have said, good old police work catching Rudolph using his words from a press conference "using techniques my training officer I did what any good officer would do", I am sure he is well qualified. But so much responsiblity on such young shoulders. Please let me know.
]

You are miss interpreting the capture. He was lucky that Rudolph did not run from him. Training officer had zero to do with it. Jeff was simply doing his patrol as all other officers did every night of the week, only difference was it was Jeff's lucky night.

As far as him running for Sheriff, I think its to soon. He should wait till 6 months before elections. I have heard several others from mid state are thinking of running too.

Whomever gets in must clean house.

01-25-2008, 02:05 AM
]

You are miss interpreting the capture. He was lucky that Rudolph did not run from him. Training officer had zero to do with it. Jeff was simply doing his patrol as all other officers did every night of the week, only difference was it was Jeff's lucky night.

As far as him running for Sheriff, I think its to soon. He should wait till 6 months before elections. I have heard several others from mid state are thinking of running too.

Whomever gets in must clean house.

I was unsure what you were talking about but now is the time to act. From all you have said the sheriff must go. Jeff is surely the man for the job I mean taking over like he has makes us wonder why Murphy didn't hire him as chief.

Cleaning house?? How can such a young man accmoplish that all by himself. I only hope there is some guidance from seasoned veterans from outside jurisdictions. That only makes sense as they are the only ones that really know how to police don't they?

01-25-2008, 05:12 AM

I think your on the right track.I would rather see Jack as sheriff.He is older, ,has more experience and is more equipped to handle the changes that must be made in the sheriff's department.I have spoken to Jack and he is very compassionate about our drug problem and our youth.He believes our youth is our future.He believes our youth deserve a fighting chance to start their lives without some drug dealer shoving crap in their face.He believes there is not enough being done to promote good will between our youth and our law enforcement community.

Folks can we all agree that we have a drug problem in our county.Can we agree we need to take an offensive stand.We are in a war,a war for our very future.If we lose one human life to drugs thats one too many.We have already lost so many.We cant elect a sheriff because we like him or because he a good old boy.If you can not trust him with your wife,daughter,or girlfriend then we don't need him.

You may wonder how I know Jack.I went through BLET (Basic Law Enforcement Training) with him.Not only that I have also worked with him.I can tell you from experience he is a good man.If the situation was bad.Jack was the deputy I wanted with me.Not taking anything from the other deputies.Jack was always professional,and friendly.He always took the time to listen to all parties involved.He really cared about his job. But he got the job done.It didn't matter who it was ,how big they were,or how bad the situation.He never backed down.I believe he will do the same for our county.No matter who,how big,or how bad the situation.We need strong,proactive law enforcement.We need a man who won't back down.We need a man who's not afraid to take it to the end.We need a man who has the courage to do whats right NO MATTER WHAT...People I'm telling you Jack Taylor is that man.

I'm sure my comments will bring bashing.Bash away.I'm speaking of what I've seen with my own eyes,not what I think I know or what I've heard from others.We all have one thing in common.We all have family and friends we love.Its our duty to elect the best person to the watch over them. Pray hard for troubled times are upon us. May God bless each and every one of you.

01-25-2008, 12:13 PM
I will agree with you that Jack is a good person and would make a good sheriff. My question is, does he have good judgment in choosing good people for the job? Will Jack surround himself with the best qualified people to get the job done, and not pick people based on a popularity contest among the GOB network? Our current sheriff is losing the so called war on drugs in Cherokee county because he has no background in this area. His chief deputy does, but he is reluctant to do what it takes because its not popular among his men. Most if not all deputies are clueless when it comes to drug enforcement. The Sheriff and the Chief deputy currently are only working on their second retirement, and that is all they care about at this time. They do not truly want to rock the boat as they say.

Going back to Jack, will he clean house and will he surround himself with the best? It's common knowledge among the deputies today that one of our best people to have fought the "WAR on Drugs" was released from our services. He had the most knowledge and was the most effective to date. He was creative, driven, aggressive, a great tactician, and very respected by the prosecutors at the time. This person is no longer with us, but could have made a big change. Therefore, does Jack possess the wisdom to know his shortcomings and who he needs? Can he put aside personal differences to make real change for the people of Cherokee county?

Will Jack embrace and recruit the talent we already have in our community today and not be so "insecure" about having talented people surrounding him? A true leader would, and I am wondering if Jack has these character traits? If you say he does, then Jack has to start taking a stand publicly within the near future and not sit idle till just months before elections.

01-25-2008, 04:14 PM
So true Mr. Wizard it is time that more people come out of the closet. It has been good for Jeff and Jack both. The intentions have always been well known.

True also Mr. Wizard is that Jeff, Jack or anyone needs to surround themselves with the true drug enforcement person that should never have been thrown by the wayside, no matter where he was working. Maybe the true drug enforcer could run for sheriff. Then Jeff and Jack could be his ever faithful backups. Kinda like the three mousketeers.

If more of the folks in and around here would just come out of the closet and be truthful it will help us make better decisions come the next election. Hiding behind self involved issues hurts our community. No one can deny there is a drug problem in the county. Perception on this board has been that the war is slowly getting ahead of the good guys. There is no time to wait on this issue we must be willing to make that stand now and let the public know. There is an outcry for good honest police work. We need to find the candidate that has not skeletons in his closet, if that is Jeff, Jack or our unknown purveyor what a real drug agent is then let's run him or them, unless he is the puppet on a string? I seek one honest man.

01-25-2008, 05:11 PM
In due time. If we all start a campaign to early, the people will forget come election time. What people need to do is get the word out that we need change and experience in the office of the sheriff. We really do not even need an experienced law enforcement officer to be the Sheriff. The Sheriff can simply be an honest business smart person, a woman, or man with integrity. If that person then surrounds themselves with the right team, we all win! Jeff, Justin, Jack, or others would be good too. The one trap we can not fall into is electing, or keeping those currently with the sheriff that do not take a stand for injustice, or pretend not to know what the sheriff is doing. We do not need anymore hypocrites next time around. That is why we must monitor now and pick those in the future whom really are in it for the right reasons.

01-25-2008, 06:28 PM
You give the people too little credit. They speak out. Look at the vote in the town for alcohol. The people felt that is progress and voted it in. I say that we must become vocal to the point that the people will outcry for justice.

The two that you named and the other that has been referenced are all from the same mold. Any of the three would make a viable candidate, of course as long as they are of the right party affiliation?

All too many times we fail to act for fear. These hearty characters must brave the storm and show their true colors.

01-25-2008, 10:27 PM
So true, but what do you suggest, that we start a campaign now?

Furthermore, the current one can not be removed till then, unless he breaks the law and is removed. That is why we all must be vigilant of all conduct at the sheriff's office.

01-26-2008, 03:17 PM
Gee whiz let's slam a good cop for doing good police work in capturing Eric Rudolph. In complaing about Jeff YOU ARE SHOWING HOW SMALL AND PETTY YOU ARE !!! I have always wondered how many other officers RUDOLPH came into contact with and didn't know who he was.
You seem like the type of person WHO CAN'T and find fault with those that can.
I WOULD TELL YOU TO HAVE A NICE DAY, :lol: :lol: BUT I DON'T WANT YOU TOO HAVE ONE!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH,I think you stepped into something.Check the bottom of your shoes. :oops:
First,Jeff got LUCKY :roll: !! He was driving around back and saw a person in the Dumpster.(that's good Police work :?: :?: ) In fact HE wasn't sure what he found.Had to call in and find out. :idea:
Now don't get me wrong,it could of been a problem.Everybody knows how Eric felt about the Law. :twisted: The arrest sure went to Jeff's head. :shock:
I know a lot of people(NOT LOCAL's) around here,some Business Owners,that say how RUDE and NASTY he is to them.

There's that MOTO again."To SERVE And Protect"

We need someone as Chief that's NOT from around here.Someone Honest ,Fair,Doesn't Do Favoriets and most inportant,"Will Serve And Protect ALL!!! :)

01-26-2008, 04:07 PM
I agree, Jeff can be a little ****y. We need to post messages around other boards and try to recruit someone from the outside to run for sheriff.

Like the previous poster said, a good moral person with principle and character would be a good sheriff. Hell, I would like to see Barbara Vicknair run for sheriff. The reason is she was the only one that stood up to the sheriff for out of control spending and as a result the sheriff campaign against her.

01-26-2008, 06:54 PM
I have spoken to Jack and he is very compassionate about our drug problem???

Oh i KNOW he is.... :roll: LOL he has some first hand knowledge of how to grow, use, effects of and cost...lol however I think he is more suited to being a "FIRE CHIEF" though. He can show you many things about building a STRUCTURE FIRE in 6 feet of snow (1993)!! Good stragedy there JACKO! Fire trucks can't make it to put it out!!! I do have to laugh!!!

01-26-2008, 07:54 PM
Funny how the attacks have started on possible candidates for sheriff. It shows how insecure the people at the sheriff office are.

01-27-2008, 10:36 AM
SOOOOOOOOOO Iguess the officer that caught the Oklahoma bombing suspect got lucky running a dead tag and catching him ???
IF IF IF IF IF The guy didn't run and yes most fugitives are caught by officers doing mundane police work.
It still sounds to me like you have some vendetta against Jeff. After reading the post on here WHO THE HELL WOULD WANT TO BE SHERIFF??
Sounds like we could get someone the caliber of Bat Masterson and people would still whine.
Well whomever gets cursed with the title of Sheriff God Bless ' EM.

01-27-2008, 03:01 PM
SOOOOOOOOOO Iguess the officer that caught the Oklahoma bombing suspect got lucky running a dead tag and catching him ???
IF IF IF IF IF The guy didn't run and yes most fugitives are caught by officers doing mundane police work.
It still sounds to me like you have some vendetta against Jeff. After reading the post on here WHO THE HELL WOULD WANT TO BE SHERIFF??
Sounds like we could get someone the caliber of Bat Masterson and people would still whine.
Well whomever gets cursed with the title of Sheriff God Bless ' EM.

Listen, NO one is saying that Jeff would be bad, only that he has flaws too. He is young and needs to mature a little first. Regardless, many are more qualified than the current one. And like the poster said, it does not need to be a law enforcement person to run.

The new campaign for sheriff should start by many of us getting the word out that Cherokee County needs new candidates to run for office next election. Furthermore, it would be nice to see at least 5 candidates run next time and have real debates among them all.

Perspective: As for this sheriff, I would like someone to post his accomplishments for the past two years? Please do not use the jail as an example, it was not his doing, it was already in the works since the previous administration. Anything other than the Jail, and the victim's Advocate program from Asheville, NC, tell me what he has done?

I have heard deputies complaining that the third shift works with only two deputies most of the time, regardless that the sheriff has doubled his manpower. Why is it that the patrol division, "the backbone of policing" lacks the required bodies, and no different than 10 years ago? Why all the day shift personnel, what are they doing and where are they most of the time?

With our county tax dollars substantially increasing to pay for our services, why the over spending, or miss use of public funds by our sheriff. Why do we have two helicopters? Why do we have so many other things at the sheriff's office that are NOT necessary?

Do we have a radio communications system that works for deputies today in all areas of this county today?

Are all day shift deputies accountable for their daily activities, are they showing a real work product? Most of the time they are seen at our restaurants, or shopping at Wal-Mart.

When was the last time you heard of any drug arrests of people selling to our children at our schools? Ask any high school child and they shall tell you there is more drugs in today's schools than ever before. So, where is the enforcement?

If they have detectives and their case loads are too big, they need to delegate some non-priority cases to patrol officer to follow-up on. Many of times you see patrol officers sitting around the coffee shops, or restaurants for more than an hour. HINT: Maybe if someone takes a camcorder and records this and sends it in to their paper, it will prove this allegation.

Management of daily activities through monitoring of daily worksheets would bring more accountability to the sheriff's office.

Murphy Police has a better operational system in place for monitoring activities and pursuing criminal activity, which the sheriff's office lacks today. Maybe the sheriff should get some advice from Chief Justin, or Jeff.

I am certain that I will be attacked for the above statements, but its only a point of view that is reflected by many in our community today. Just like the country is hungry for change, this county feels its time for change too. Eight years of Lovin is enough! Anyone else with just minimal police experience, or management skills would be a better option today.

Another thought that could influence policing in our community is to elect five commissioners in the future and move towards a Metro Police force, or County Police, where the sheriff is appointed by the commissioners, not the manager, and his salary is based on job performance. Therefore, you have a sheriff who must perform and be accountable to the people. If not, he can be terminated. This is one way it's being done around the country with success. I know that many will disagree, but I suspect the people whom have common sense, and can apply reasonable logic to the above, will understand and disregard any subsequent attacks. The attacks will most likely be from current deputies worried for their jobs.

01-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Well whomever gets cursed with the title of Sheriff God Bless ' EM.Now didn't we hit a nerve :?: :?:

Hey,how about YOU :?: for Sheriff :lol: I think you (by your reed) would more then qualify. :idea: :idea: Your Smart,Honest,wouldn't play favorites and compare Apples To Oranges. :oops:
Wait!!! I think you are OVER Qualified!! :( SORRY

01-27-2008, 05:04 PM
[quote="concerned 3":2yi0sdv7]SOOOOOOOOOO Iguess the officer that caught the Oklahoma bombing suspect got lucky running a dead tag and catching him ???
Well whomever gets cursed with the title of Sheriff God Bless ' EM.Now didn't we hit a nerve :?: :?:

Hey,how about YOU :?: for Sheriff :lol: I think you (by your reed) would more then qualify. :idea: :idea: Your Smart,Honest,wouldn't play favorites and compare Apples To Oranges. :oops:
Wait!!! I think you are OVER Qualified!! :( SORRY[/quote:2yi0sdv7]

Yes I am. Sorry, I can not run. LOL< :lol: :lol: :lol:

01-27-2008, 09:51 PM
I will agree that the manning of the sheriff's office need's to be revamped.
As for the sheriff being appointed by the county commisioner, well they would have to to change the state laws , Due to the sheriff having to be an elected official.
I know that in other states sheriff's are appointed. Also in other states deputy sheriff's are civil servants not political appointee's.
Also from super visory jobs I have had in the past people are always going to second guess you decisions .
Also for both Jeff and Justin for being young, they both display a very high level of compentcy.
Also has anyone actually sat down and talked with Sheriff Lovin about idea's they have had to make the sheriff's office better ?

01-28-2008, 11:29 AM
There are several counties in north Carolina that have county policing already, so it would not require changing state law as I understand it. Although, it would be best to have five commissioners on board for better representation of the people.

As for Jeff and Justin, yes they are good people, but still too early to tell if they possess the qualities to make a good sheriff.

As for Lovin, yes, many different people over the years have attempted to offer advice, and he has always been reluctant to take that advice. If its' not his idea, or the public perceives it as his idea, he does not promote it. The man is very insecure about his shortcomings.

In the past two years nothing has been done at the sheriff's office. But, right before election in two years you will see all kinds of activity. I hope that the media and the people are keeping a report card on this sheriff and that they inform the people later for the what is really happening here.

A "fact check" of the issues during future debates will keep everyone honest.

01-28-2008, 02:32 PM
I would like to see 5 commissioners but how do you get this on the ballet?
Soneone should look into it and let everyone know. Might breakup the GOBgroup we have now.

01-28-2008, 04:33 PM
There are several counties in north Carolina that have county policing already, so it would not require changing state law as I understand it. Although, it would be best to have five commissioners on board for better representation of the people.

As for Jeff and Justin, yes they are good people, but still too early to tell if they possess the qualities to make a good sheriff.

As for Lovin, yes, many different people over the years have attempted to offer advice, and he has always been reluctant to take that advice. If its' not his idea, or the public perceives it as his idea, he does not promote it. The man is very insecure about his shortcomings.

In the past two years nothing has been done at the sheriff's office. But, right before election in two years you will see all kinds of activity. I hope that the media and the people are keeping a report card on this sheriff and that they inform the people later for the what is really happening here.

A "fact check" of the issues during future debates will keep everyone honest.Thank You :!: :!: Great Post :D
Good And Honest :!: :!:

Semper Fi.

01-28-2008, 04:34 PM
I would like to see 5 commissioners but how do you get this on the ballet?
Soneone should look into it and let everyone know. Might breakup the GOBgroup we have now.I Agree :!: