PDA

View Full Version : Going South

01-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Im thinking about going south in the next year or so. Before I Ask this, I know some people here tend to answer negatively so lets just assume, for their sake, the whole agency is a big bad meanie and all of the southern offices are all bad and evil.

That said, which of them is less evil and nasty than the others? Anyone here work in any of the offices (West Palm, Margate, Miami, Key West) and have any thoughts on the differences between those offices? Are some offices more active than others? Are there any supervisors down there that are better than others? What about the areas you would have to live in?

Lets give this a shot. Hopefully I can get one decent answer out of all the responses I get.

01-19-2008, 09:31 PM
I heard Key West was closing, so you can scratch them off your list.

01-24-2008, 04:18 PM
first , can you afford it( rent apt., higher car insurance, etc.)?
Second, are you a worker?
Third, do you have any problem with Latino Population?

If you answer yes to all questions , Miami DO is for you.
Best of working conditions, extra fex with hours, no micro management, plenty of interaction with local agencies, plenty of cases to work of all types , new offices , Miami Beach clubs to work, and the prettiest Captain in all ABT,ATF,FDLE,FHP,DEP,FFM,DEP combined.

01-25-2008, 12:43 AM
She is pretty!

01-25-2008, 06:13 PM
I am thinking of applying with ABT. Can any one tell me if there are openings in the Miami Office? Also are you able to work off duty details and if so what is the policy?

01-26-2008, 02:04 AM
I am thinking of applying with ABT. Can any one tell me if there are openings in the Miami Office? Also are you able to work off duty details and if so what is the policy?

We work 15 hours a week and 32 hours off duty details!

01-27-2008, 02:39 AM

We work 15 hours a week and 32 hours off duty details!

Yeah, and remarks like that are what will cost us the privilage of working off duty.