PDA

View Full Version : detail officer

01-17-2008, 02:06 AM
not to offend anyone i have a question?

What is your agency policy on a officer not showing up for a detail?
Can a person bid or have assigned a permanent detail?
What is the policy on using unmarked vehicles for details?

THe reason I ask is that we (a business located in Pines, Duh)use a off duty officer twice a week, and it is rare that a officer shows up on both days. Easy detail, sit in your car a watch a paking lot. It is to the point that they are talking about using FHP or DOT.

I am not bashing it is just that after awhile you feel someone is not caring.
is there someone I could talk to so no one gets thrown under the bus

I am sure you wondering, I am a LEO..thanks and be safe

01-17-2008, 03:35 AM
What's your establishment?

01-17-2008, 04:51 AM
a church

01-17-2008, 04:58 AM
Sundays and Wednesdays?

01-17-2008, 02:01 PM
Ms. McCoy,

As a "LEO" am I sure you understand the chain of command. As a Police Officer you know that this activity is criminal. This Officer is stealing from you, your church, and the congregation. This is not an isolated incident. We have had several problems at the Silver Lakes detail. These our the individuals that make our department look bad.

You should contact the DLO's. More then likely they will send out an email about the detail and the individual will not sign up anymore. Remember your not throwing anyone "under the bus", your reporting criminal activity. As a "LEO" some of us forget the fact that we are here to uphold the law and not be above it.

01-18-2008, 12:34 AM
contact the ofc you contacted to set up the detail. let him know of your concerns. he'll fix the problem.

01-18-2008, 03:32 AM
typical response .... That's why nothing gets solved... It's like a bad virus going around. This guy obviously has it.

01-27-2008, 03:27 PM
Ms. McCoy,

As a "LEO" am I sure you understand the chain of command. As a Police Officer you know that this activity is criminal. This Officer is stealing from you, your church, and the congregation. This is not an isolated incident. We have had several problems at the Silver Lakes detail. These our the individuals that make our department look bad.

You should contact the DLO's. More then likely they will send out an email about the detail and the individual will not sign up anymore. Remember your not throwing anyone "under the bus", your reporting criminal activity. As a "LEO" some of us forget the fact that we are here to uphold the law and not be above it.

Who ever wrote this is a rat douchbag, whats the crime dip sh*t?

01-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Ms. McCoy,

Who ever wrote this is a rat douchbag, whats the crime dip sh*t?

Anyway you look at it, its called THEFT! Whose the douchbag now?

01-28-2008, 12:37 AM
did anybody say they were being charged for the detail and an ofc not showing up? could it be that an undercover vehicle was used at the detail and the vendor did not see a marked unit? you jumping to conclusions makes you look like an a-hole. i agree that on a detail like that (outside) that the officer should be in a marked unit. high visibility.

01-28-2008, 12:39 AM
good luck if you hire them. you might as well hire wacky-hut.

01-28-2008, 12:35 PM
If an ofc doesn't show up, THEY DON"T PAY. That would make.......NO THEFT.

01-28-2008, 01:03 PM
truth of the matter is that a paying vendor that hires detail officers wants the visibility of a marked unit and officer in uniform, not a detective in an unmarked car in jeans and a polo shirt with a gun and badge on his waist.