PDA

View Full Version : Word of thanks

01-15-2008, 12:40 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wanted to take a moment to express my appreciation to your Sheriff Ben Johnson and deputy Randy Post. I'm a retired agent of the Florida Div. of Alcoholic Beverages & Tobacco. I've been retired for 12 years now and after the federal law (HR 218) passed and was signed into law in 2004 by president Bush, I have followed the 3 year journey it took for the state of Florida to provide a path for retired law enforcement officers to qualify for national carry. I gave up on my agency (ABT) to provide this service to its retirees so a few months ago when I happened (by chance) to run into Sheriff Johnson I mentioned it to him and his response was "not a problem" and he instructed me to go out to Tiger Bay trainning facility and speak with the trainning personnel there. On Dec. 24, 2007 I met with Randy Post out at Tiger Bay and fired the qualification course pursuant to the requirements of HR 218. I was truly impressed with the professionalism, courtesy and respect that I received from Randy Post. Most impressive was his attention to detail and the focus he placed on safety issues associated with being engaged in a firearms qualification course. I did my best to follow his instructions and to not violate any range protocol. It would please me to know that these sentiments were made known to his immediate supervisor because in today’s climate it’s more frequent that complaints are made than compliments and once again, thanks To Sheriff Johnson and your trainning personnel for providing a service to a fellow officer.
Fred Dunbar

01-16-2008, 02:30 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wanted to take a moment to express my appreciation to your Sheriff Ben Johnson and deputy Randy Post. I'm a retired agent of the Florida Div. of Alcoholic Beverages & Tobacco. I've been retired for 12 years now and after the federal law (HR 218) passed and was signed into law in 2004 by president Bush, I have followed the 3 year journey it took for the state of Florida to provide a path for retired law enforcement officers to qualify for national carry. I gave up on my agency (ABT) to provide this service to its retirees so a few months ago when I happened (by chance) to run into Sheriff Johnson I mentioned it to him and his response was "not a problem" and he instructed me to go out to Tiger Bay trainning facility and speak with the trainning personnel there. On Dec. 24, 2007 I met with Randy Post out at Tiger Bay and fired the qualification course pursuant to the requirements of HR 218. I was truly impressed with the professionalism, courtesy and respect that I received from Randy Post. Most impressive was his attention to detail and the focus he placed on safety issues associated with being engaged in a firearms qualification course. I did my best to follow his instructions and to not violate any range protocol. It would please me to know that these sentiments were made known to his immediate supervisor because in today’s climate it’s more frequent that complaints are made than compliments and once again, thanks To Sheriff Johnson and your trainning personnel for providing a service to a fellow officer.
Fred Dunbar

I hope you wrote a letter to the agency to be placed in his personnel jacket cause this forum couldn't care less and no one praises the jargon here....in his jacket it goes much further.......

01-16-2008, 03:23 PM

Fred Dunbar

I hope you wrote a letter to the agency to be placed in his personnel jacket cause this forum couldn't care less and no one praises the jargon here....in his jacket it goes much further.......

The letter you reference was written the afternoon on the date that I fired the course (12-24-07). It was sent to Sheriff Johnson. In yesterday's mail I received a reply from the Sheriff that acknowledges receipt of my letter and that a copy was in fact placed in Dep. Post's personnel file. The Sheriff's letter to me was cc: ed to the following person(s):
Chief Deputy W. R. Lee
Major R. L. Jones
Director C. Habermehl
Sgt. B. Bosco
Dep. Post
Personnel file.

I appreciate your response. After 30 years in law enf. I know the ropes, been around the block a few times and most importantly know that it is only we that look out for one another. To have not spoken a word of appreciation on my part would expose a character flaw.
Stay safe
Fred