PDA

View Full Version : NEXT LT??

01-13-2008, 11:51 PM
WHOS GOING TO BE THE NEXT LT? RUMOR IS THAT BELL IS A LOCK...
ANY OTHERS?

01-14-2008, 02:33 AM
Who the fu@k is Bell?

01-14-2008, 02:36 AM
LT over what?!?!?!?!?!

01-16-2008, 01:54 AM
Mike's chances of being promoted to LT would probably significantly increase if he was a SGT

01-17-2008, 02:11 AM
i apoligize... i think Mike Baldwin was the intended future LT candidate.....any other suggestions?

01-17-2008, 10:28 AM
ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz who gives a rat's a$$

01-30-2008, 06:05 PM
Baldwin would make a great LT. Just so he keeps in touch with is troops, and not go into a ego trip.

01-31-2008, 12:20 AM
yes he would, he stands up for his people when they're right instead of just giving in to what other bosses say.

02-15-2008, 09:03 PM
As long as it's not 1947. That would suck.

02-25-2008, 11:12 AM
Well a new lt. lets see who ever it is can we see if they stay in patrol for lets say a cup of coffee. and please dont forget must have a masters degee what the f##k why a masters dear lord can they at least be a cop not sitting in a classroom just to be promoted. ok education good common sense better. a piece of paper on a wall does not constitue a good leader. as i see recently a certain chief just received his masters but i believe he has been doing the same job without that piece of paper. Is it that important that we promote individuals to a line supervision position just because they have that degree Hell i can go get a degree in underwater basket weaving but that does not let me lead, train. or protect my troops. As we have seen recently with some of the new promotions at least in my opinion,HAHA, I am glad that I have seniority and can choose who i work for. Yea every position is a learning experience. but ok lets know the job before u put stripes or bars on them.

02-26-2008, 04:55 PM
Guest61, please, PLEASE>> use some puncuation! (sp) . What a nightmare.
Sounded as though you wrote one continuous sentence! Argh!

02-27-2008, 05:05 AM
Oh IM sorry about my lack of proper grammar, Spelling of grammar, but hey can u do the job that we do or do u believe that if i can type a report with out errors makes me a better / worse cop. Typical response from a papper pusher who probaby didnt do anything as a road deputy. Ok lets get nasty This is not a forum that I hope belieive s that spelling or dicition is a mandate. Probablly most of us read or responsd after a long day of work or a few ****tails. any way hey its an opinion get ovver it .

02-29-2008, 12:58 PM
watch out guest 61 you may be talking to a redshirt

03-13-2008, 04:47 PM
Well a new lt. lets see who ever it is can we see if they stay in patrol for lets say a cup of coffee. and please dont forget must have a masters degee what the f##k why a masters dear lord can they at least be a cop not sitting in a classroom just to be promoted. ok education good common sense better. a piece of paper on a wall does not constitue a good leader. as i see recently a certain chief just received his masters but i believe he has been doing the same job without that piece of paper. Is it that important that we promote individuals to a line supervision position just because they have that degree Hell i can go get a degree in underwater basket weaving but that does not let me lead, train. or protect my troops. As we have seen recently with some of the new promotions at least in my opinion,HAHA, I am glad that I have seniority and can choose who i work for. Yea every position is a learning experience. but ok lets know the job before u put stripes or bars on them.

It's interesting that most people who say a degree is "just a piece of paper" never earned one (from an accredited school). Experience and education go hand in hand - they are not mutually exclusive. If you have children, do you encourage them to NOT got to college? If so, you are doing them a disservice.

And by the way... degrees in basketweaving (from an accredited school) don't exist.

03-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Well you know "know it too", you can teach monkeys to put puzzles together, but they still throw $hit on people. GO Figure!! Education is great if you are smart enough to apply the knowledge you gained. If you are educated, you know people really don't change even if they have a degree. The degree makes most of us better cultured at some level, but not smarter or better than others. Remember, no matter what you do to the zebra, you can't hide the stripes. A better structured promotion system would stop some of the OOPS promotions, then demotion. As staff would think, My God, I never thought the stripes would bleed through the paint so fast. Absent the degrees, you will also need a good pair of kneepads, a large tube of K-Y, and maybe even a vagina to get promoted. GOOD LUCK!! Oh yeah, I strongly support a child's education, but it has nothing to do with the BS at the SO. BE SAFE!!!

03-13-2008, 07:09 PM
I think that "common sense and decision-making skills" in this profession are paramount to a solid foundation...meaning that in order to be a GOOD cop, you should have some of both. Add "training and experience" to the mix, you get a BETTER cop. Add to that some "higher learning", you get a GREAT cop. I think that each of the above ABSENT OF ONE OR MORE OF THE OTHERS limits the GOOD or BETTER cops from being GREAT. They are ALL integral parts and are important. More tools for the toolbox, that's all.....and by the way, since the SO pays for your training and education, why not take them up on it??

Oh yeah, before I forget..... I too think Baldwin is a jam-up supervisor! He used to be my Sgt. in NW.

03-14-2008, 05:52 AM
The only problem with requiring a degree prior to a promotion is that we are getting supervisors that neglected thier primary job to gain that degree in most cases. I think a compromise could be made by the Sheriff in the following way; if upper staff sees supervisory potential in a well seasoned veteran without an education, promote them with the following requirements. Within a set period of time from promotion (2 or 4 years), the person must have a bachelors degree from an accredited univeristy. If the sergeant fails to do so the stripes go away and they are demoted. During this time period that sergeant is not available to transfer to a specialty unit and must spend that time in patrol.

With this system there are numerous veterans that would be able to get promoted and obtain thier degree without neglecting thier primary duties of patrol or investigations. I have worked both patrol and investigations for extended periods of time, and with very few exceptions have seen every person that has gotten thier degree while working at the agency not neglect thier primary duties to some extent, for example taking several hours off during thier regular work schedule to attend class or going home early while others were required to finish an investigation and/or search warrant.

Don't get me wrong, I think that obtaining a degree is great and it does add to a persons "tool box" enabling a better job performance; but, there are plenty of great Deputies out there that have carried a heavier burden doing the job protecting the citizens of Polk County while others were attending class or getting rest for the next days class.

Do I think that upper staff would go for such a compromise? NO! But I do think that such a compromise would do away with a lot of the promotions that most of the Deputies feel are undeserving and allow people that have earned the respect of fellow Deputies by being a great Patrol Deputy or Detective to get promoted.

03-14-2008, 05:52 AM
The only problem with requiring a degree prior to a promotion is that we are getting supervisors that neglected thier primary job to gain that degree in most cases. I think a compromise could be made by the Sheriff in the following way; if upper staff sees supervisory potential in a well seasoned veteran without an education, promote them with the following requirements. Within a set period of time from promotion (2 or 4 years), the person must have a bachelors degree from an accredited univeristy. If the sergeant fails to do so the stripes go away and they are demoted. During this time period that sergeant is not available to transfer to a specialty unit and must spend that time in patrol.

With this system there are numerous veterans that would be able to get promoted and obtain thier degree without neglecting thier primary duties of patrol or investigations. I have worked both patrol and investigations for extended periods of time, and with very few exceptions have seen every person that has gotten thier degree while working at the agency not neglect thier primary duties to some extent, for example taking several hours off during thier regular work schedule to attend class or going home early while others were required to finish an investigation and/or search warrant.

Don't get me wrong, I think that obtaining a degree is great and it does add to a persons "tool box" enabling a better job performance; but, there are plenty of great Deputies out there that have carried a heavier burden doing the job protecting the citizens of Polk County while others were attending class or getting rest for the next days class.

Do I think that upper staff would go for such a compromise? NO! But I do think that such a compromise would do away with a lot of the promotions that most of the Deputies feel are undeserving and allow people that have earned the respect of fellow Deputies by being a great Patrol Deputy or Detective to get promoted.

03-19-2008, 11:12 AM
Geeeee, maybe any new Lt will be like mine and do NOTHING to help his/her people in the field, sit at a desk all day and LEAD from the REAR,
run his errands and go home, and of course go to lunch with his captain and other staff with his nose square up their a$$es while calls pend, while his sergeant is covered up in stupid paper work, and while his people are running their butts off from call to call with little or no breaks.