PDA

View Full Version : You're fired

01-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Is it true that three of our officers were fired last week?

01-12-2008, 07:35 PM
No, the were kicked to the curb because they had heart attacks. Well, at least two of them did.

01-12-2008, 09:05 PM
No, the were kicked to the curb because they had heart attacks. Well, at least two of them did.

I didn't realize that you were privy to HIPA protected information. I hope that your IP address gets subpoena'd and you're now forced to testify in front of a judge as to how you obtained (and why you publically spread) information about others' medical history...

01-13-2008, 12:35 AM
The information was probaly obtained from one of the 100 people that visited at the hospital.

01-16-2008, 02:17 AM
Its no secret mr guest - two of our superviors had heart attacks - where have you been hiding? Probably under that tree on day shift doing nothing....

01-30-2008, 06:50 PM

I didn't realize that you were privy to HIPA protected information. I hope that your IP address gets subpoena'd and you're now forced to testify in front of a judge as to how you obtained (and why you publically spread) information about others' medical history...

Now that there was an article in the Sun Sentinel about them maybe you should lighten up.

01-30-2008, 11:12 PM
What was the third guy fired for?

01-30-2008, 11:52 PM
WTF? Fired for a heart attack? What is "the rest of the story"?

01-31-2008, 12:00 AM
IS THIS FRIGGEN TRUE? THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE ! YOU GUYS NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS! DO YOU EVEN HAVE A UNION WHY ARE THEY NOT ACTING ? I DON'T WORK AT DAVIE AND I AM MAD !!! YOU CAN'T ALLOW THIS !!!

YOU NEED UNION ACTION NOW!!!! PROTEST OTHER CITIES WILL SHOW UP TO HELP POST IT EVERWHERE IN HERE!!!!

02-01-2008, 02:21 AM
let me see if i get this straight. your city fires two vetran cops because they had a heart attack. And when i look at your website there doesent seem to be anybody from davie p.d. upset about it where the hell was your union. where the hell are the cops picketing city hall.This is a good indication of your new chief what a stand up guy . you people are all warm and fuzzy because your chief rode with officers on patrol. Lynn constantly ignored the policemens bill of rights when he was in I.A., he has NEVER backed any officer. Good luck with him you pusses deserve him and whats coming.

02-01-2008, 03:13 AM
Maybe the people that take action don't stoop to posting crap on this site. Don't judge an entire organization based on what is or isn't said on here.

02-01-2008, 04:12 AM
let me see if i get this straight. your city fires two vetran cops because they had a heart attack. And when i look at your website there doesent seem to be anybody from davie p.d. upset about it where the hell was your union. where the hell are the cops picketing city hall.This is a good indication of your new chief what a stand up guy . you people are all warm and fuzzy because your chief rode with officers on patrol. Lynn constantly ignored the policemens bill of rights when he was in I.A., he has NEVER backed any officer. Good luck with him you pusses deserve him and whats coming.

you sound like someone who got smacked for doing wrong. CRY,CRY. He will do alot of good for us. We are VERY happy...... :D

02-01-2008, 06:01 AM
Hey Pines guy, we got Lynn, you got the Ferrett...we are pretty happy with that trade

02-01-2008, 12:37 PM
LAST TIME I CHECKED ON THE PINES SITE OR HEARD FROM SOME OF YOUR OFFICERS AND DISPATCH, IT DOESN'T SEEM LIKE PINES IS THAT PERFECT! SEEMED THINGS RAN A LOT SMOOTHER WHEN P.L. WAS THERE.
WE'LL KEEP OUR TOWN NICE AND QUIET, SO DON'T COME ON OUR SITE THROWING YOUR TRASH AROUND HERE!

02-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Sounds to me that the pines guy was right, theree has been no reaction form the pd or the union, i guess its just business as usual, and the usual is jg lives on

02-01-2008, 10:37 PM
LAST TIME I CHECKED ON THE PINES SITE OR HEARD FROM SOME OF YOUR OFFICERS AND DISPATCH, IT DOESN'T SEEM LIKE PINES IS THAT PERFECT! SEEMED THINGS RAN A LOT SMOOTHER WHEN P.L. WAS THERE.
WE'LL KEEP OUR TOWN NICE AND QUIET, SO DON'T COME ON OUR SITE THROWING YOUR TRASH AROUND HERE!

One of the teachers at my school said that the firings were on a national cable news network. It was either CNN or HNN

02-02-2008, 02:06 PM
no mister 1% , i have never been disclipined. Lynn had thrived on the concept of dividing and conquering as his policy. He also loves getting his ass kissed. It looks like you and a few others at davie are going to be his butt puppets. Keep selling your soul for your personal gain. and yes we have alot of problems in pines involving ass kissing and buddy fu***** in order to advance their carrers.

02-02-2008, 02:46 PM

One of the teachers at my school said that the firings were on a national cable news network. It was either CNN or HNN

it WAS ON A NBS SHOW AND ITS ON THE GOOGLE AND YUTUBE WHAT AN EMBARASSING TIME TO WORK IN DAVIE AND MISPELL ME WORDS

02-02-2008, 02:47 PM
SORRY NBC SHOW AND YOUTUBE

02-02-2008, 03:17 PM
no mister 1% , i have never been disclipined. Lynn had thrived on the concept of dividing and conquering as his policy. He also loves getting his ass kissed. It looks like you and a few others at davie are going to be his butt puppets. Keep selling your soul for your personal gain. and yes we have alot of problems in pines involving ass kissing and buddy fu***** in order to advance their carrers.

welcome to the big time! isnt that was life and politics is about... in EVERY profession. it's not just our. i just remind myself, just do your job and I can go to sleep having nothing to worry about.

02-02-2008, 06:02 PM
NOTHING UNLESS YOU HAVE A HEARTATTACK OR TWO, BUT EVERYTHING ELSE, NO PROBLEM

02-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Maybe what is being said by the Union and the administration is no ones business. It sounds like people enjoy hearing about other peoples problems and now that it is not hung out to dry like it was with JG at the helm, people don't like it.

I think, Great job. It is nice that what is going on at the PD is staying private. So get used to it.

Hey Pines guy, are you the one crawling into the ferret hole?

02-02-2008, 09:21 PM
There is not much private about a national story that adivses that the pba is representing officers in a sad terminatoin story. Th e fop is also being ripped for not being there for them, oh well thats life in davie now back to you pp guy (the ferret rules)

02-03-2008, 12:58 AM
well FOP !!!!!!!!! where are you for these two officers? They have families and you are not fightining for them. You J.N. should be helping these guys out. The union is just sitting around while their families suffer. J.S. would have fought their fight !!!!!!!! Why is the union not fighting for the officers that have given their lives for their city

02-03-2008, 01:15 AM
well FOP !!!!!!!!! where are you for these two officers? They have families and you are not fightining for them. You J.N. should be helping these guys out. The union is just sitting around while their families suffer. J.S. would have fought their fight !!!!!!!! Why is the union not fighting for the officers that have given their lives for their city

because the union is all scared of being fired or demoted , they should just have the fop meetings at town hall

02-03-2008, 02:13 AM

Dude, what are you smoking? In order to be represented by the union in any sort of grievance, firing, etc., Officers must request union assistance. The union can't hire an attorney for someone who doesn't want a union attorney. If the member retains his or her own attorney, what would you like for the union to do? How can J.N. "help these guys out" when they haven't requested help and they have their own attorneys? How would J.S. have helped them fight their fight without their cooperation??

Don't get me wrong here. Neither guy is doing anything wrong by retaining their own representation (private or through another union or whatever). The union would have absolutely helped either of them with legal representation, but both retained private attorneys. How can a union attorney fight for someone who already has an attorney?

The city is absolutely ridiculous for doing what they did. But don't try to make this out like the union board did something wrong or is doing something wrong here... Grow up and become informed before you go opening your mouth in a public environment and maybe you won't put your foot in it...

02-03-2008, 01:18 PM

Dude, what are you smoking? In order to be represented by the union in any sort of grievance, firing, etc., Officers must request union assistance. The union can't hire an attorney for someone who doesn't want a union attorney. If the member retains his or her own attorney, what would you like for the union to do? How can J.N. "help these guys out" when they haven't requested help and they have their own attorneys? How would J.S. have helped them fight their fight without their cooperation??

Don't get me wrong here. Neither guy is doing anything wrong by retaining their own representation (private or through another union or whatever). The union would have absolutely helped either of them with legal representation, but both retained private attorneys. How can a union attorney fight for someone who already has an attorney?

The city is absolutely ridiculous for doing what they did. But don't try to make this out like the union board did something wrong or is doing something wrong here... Grow up and become informed before you go opening your mouth in a public environment and maybe you won't put your foot in it...

I dont know the whole union...lawyer... fop story so I dont disagree with what you wrote. On the other hand, the fop (not the board) has ducked their responsibilities in the past and that is from the mouths of those who have requested their help. In one incident, an ofificer was forced to go to a discipline hearing by himself because the lawyer (jp) never showed up. The town probably thought they could still do waht they want as usual(jg as boss).I wonder what the issue would be if it wasnt in the papers and on tv? Why is everyone mad at eachother and not ripping the town????

02-03-2008, 04:42 PM

did you bother to ask yourself why they didnt use the fop?

02-03-2008, 05:12 PM
The Town violated State Statute 112. The union should be fighting this even if both officers have representation. This is a fight for officers who may get hurt on the job in the future !!!!!! The town let two officers sit home for several years and get a paycheck. Two officers have heart attacks on duty and the town fires them. The town only carried them for approximately 48 days. The city manager could have carried them longer but decided not to. The town says they carried them for 90 days, thats crap!!! The town counted their scheduled time off in the 90 days. How can two officers recover from heart attacks in 90 days ?
That my friends is great compassion for dedicated hard working officers in the Town of Davie. WAY TO GO DAVIE !!!!

02-03-2008, 06:54 PM
I agree with you completely but our union is only a contract focused union and on that issue they have done well. As for the union when it involves discipline, well your on your own and THATS why members have the PBA AS WELL. We wouldnt have to join them and pay double if the FOP did the job in the first place. If you talk to the pres his answer is "its not a contract issue" ....and thats a quote

02-03-2008, 09:06 PM
The Town violated State Statute 112. The union should be fighting this even if both officers have representation. This is a fight for officers who may get hurt on the job in the future !!!!!!

Oh well, I give up. Apparently you guys can't understand that the union can't do anything unless they are asked to. The union can't take up the fight on behalf of people who have not been wronged by the town... You can't fight the town for what may happen in the future. You can't fight the town without cooperation from those who have been wronged.

I'm disgusted with the town too. But this ISN'T a legal battle that our union can get involved with unless those affected request assistance.............

02-03-2008, 09:14 PM
I DO REMEMBER THAT BOTH OFFICERS FILED GRIEVANCES...... WELL WHAT IS YOUR RESPONSE NOW!!!!!!

02-04-2008, 06:01 AM
I feel bad for your previous chief. He seemed pretty nice when I would see him at the Town Council meetings. Also, feel bad for FD's Steve Eggnatz. Seems he got a raw deal, too.

02-06-2008, 01:14 AM
Well, the Union, ie the FOP - CAN DO SOMETHING if they really wanted to help.. Why not rally around these Officers publicly ? How about organizing something at a town council meeting? Saying that they are being represented and they dont want to get in the way of this is BS !!! Why not work with these Officers and their attorneys to really raise awareness about this?? There is ALOT more to come onthis !!!!!!!

02-06-2008, 02:16 AM
Well, the Union, ie the FOP - CAN DO SOMETHING if they really wanted to help.. Why not rally around these Officers publicly ? How about organizing something at a town council meeting? Saying that they are being represented and they dont want to get in the way of this is BS !!! Why not work with these Officers and their attorneys to really raise awareness about this?? There is ALOT more to come onthis !!!!!!!

OK, YOU want something to be done. Here's an idea. Come up with a plan and take action. Let everyone know what YOU want to do and see if everyone comes on board. Why wait for SOMEONE ELSE to do what YOU think is best?

02-08-2008, 10:39 AM
all i have to say to the fired officers is CHa CHING!!!! $$$$$$

and we are behind you

02-08-2008, 10:41 AM
all i have to say to the fired officers is CHa CHING!!!! $$$$$$

and we are behind you

02-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Wow I guess HIaleah wasn't that bad after all.

02-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Wow I guess HIaleah wasn't that bad after all.

Are you a transfer from Hialeah?