PDA

View Full Version : Chief Stand Up for Yourself

01-12-2008, 04:12 AM
I am now confident that the Chief isn't as bad as some people think. I spoke to people in Osceola and Butler Counties that worked for him. They all say he was a stand up cop, agressive and very pro-investigations. He did work a lot of investigative units and was very inovative. So it's obvious the Chief does know what it takes to get the job done. It's obvious that he would like to run this Dept. like a Chief of Police would a normal Dept. But the reject Director is tying his hands. He most likely can't make a move without her. All we can say is Chief stand up for yourself, if things do not improve soon this agency is going to take a nose dive

01-12-2008, 12:25 PM
The chief is a great person and we are lucky to have him. Give him credit, give him support and give him time.

01-12-2008, 08:11 PM
There's only a few who didn't support him in Orlando. The Legendary Colonel never has kind words, but the only time DM talks nice is because he thinks he can con the deputy secretary into promoting him. Also the traffic enforcement officer CP didn't like him.

01-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Everyone else is a supporter-when he gets the authority he always will do the right thing by the agents. Lots more going on in his head than he lets on, and those that underestimate him will learn better over time. Nonconfrontational but not weak.

01-12-2008, 10:11 PM
In 4 or less words...a bobble head puppet.

01-14-2008, 09:31 PM
In 4 or less words...a bobble head puppet.

True that, True that, True that, True that, True that, True that, True that,

01-15-2008, 01:48 AM
I'have fallen, and I can' get up

01-20-2008, 01:12 AM
I'have fallen, and I can' get up

Take a quaalude and get back to work!

01-20-2008, 12:24 PM
The chief is a great person and we are lucky to have him. Give him credit, give him support and give him time.

I agree

02-16-2008, 02:04 PM
What a joke!

02-16-2008, 02:04 PM
I know your Chief. And Agree What A Joke!

02-16-2008, 03:22 PM
The Chief's no joke. He's doing the best he can under the circumstances. You have to remember that this place is not like any other. The Chief would never complain, and he has not complained to anyone about the situation. He is the kind of guy that just wants the best results. Tallahassee is a place full of egos and personalities and most are just working for themselves, they have no time to contribute anything that would make the division a better place. Whatever is wrong up there, it's not the Chief.

02-16-2008, 03:23 PM
I agree. He gets a lot of strange stuff thrown at him from both above and below. And he has not one quality person on his staff that has the best interest of the agents in mind.

02-16-2008, 03:26 PM
Look, the Chief's position here is similar to a Lieutenant in a sheriff's office. To criticize our Chief due to budget problems (those originate with the senate and house) or our policies (those are being hoarded by the same bunch who created the policies) or old cars or no money for tolls or uniforms or training-those are not problems he created, nor can he solve them by himself. I say, support the guy and see whay comes of it.

02-16-2008, 05:19 PM
The Chief's no joke. He's doing the best he can under the circumstances. You have to remember that this place is not like any other. The Chief would never complain, and he has not complained to anyone about the situation. He is the kind of guy that just wants the best results. Tallahassee is a place full of egos and personalities and most are just working for themselves, they have no time to contribute anything that would make the division a better place. Whatever is wrong up there, it's not the Chief.

Okay Chief.

02-16-2008, 05:20 PM
I agree. He gets a lot of strange stuff thrown at him from both above and below. And he has not one quality person on his staff that has the best interest of the agents in mind.

Ok Chief.

02-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Look, the Chief's position here is similar to a Lieutenant in a sheriff's office. To criticize our Chief due to budget problems (those originate with the senate and house) or our policies (those are being hoarded by the same bunch who created the policies) or old cars or no money for tolls or uniforms or training-those are not problems he created, nor can he solve them by himself. I say, support the guy and see whay comes of it.

And..okay Chief.

02-16-2008, 06:47 PM
You should be so lucky to have the chief post on here. Look, don't know what you were expecting with the new admin, but it's a lot, lot, lot better than the old admin. Why blame the chief? Word is that he's not the one causing the problems, it's the same old crew that everyone complained about.

02-16-2008, 11:32 PM
I have known Jerry for years. Has a heart but no back bone. Will not and cannot stand up on his own. Good luck!

02-18-2008, 05:43 PM
You haven't known Jerry for years. And he's got a backbone. ABT is a mess not because of Jerry Geier, but because of DBPR. It's the worst run agency in the state and each successive Secretary has left it worse than they found it.

Consider the worst offender lately, Simone Marstiller, who in her first week told Chief Myers that ABT agents shouldn't wear guns or have the word POLICE on their shirts. Then she fired him when he explained that they should. The same day. Two hours after the meeting.

Marstiller hired Director Steve Hougland, after he promised to make a accredited patrol agency out of one of the state's oldest plainclothes investigative and regulatory agencies. The results were predictably disastrous. The group of amateurs that strangled the agency to make it fit into borrowed accreditation standards are the same group that are blocking any attempts to repair the damage caused by the borrowed policies and plagiarized directives.

Marstiller is typical of leadership at DBPR, it has no clear leadership, run by a succession of outsiders, in cramped offices, old cars, with no pay raises in 20 years. Marstiller, Hougland, Beckley. They are gone but the damage stays and stays.....

02-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Marstiller was a creep who hated the employees of this division. Her reputation was a hatchet man and she lived up to it. She gutted the place and rode off to higher pay. Man, she was disgusting. Her whole crew was a horror show: Steve Hougland, Beckley the list goes on.

02-18-2008, 05:47 PM
So you expect Jerry Geier to fix all the broken stuff by himself?

02-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Like I said, known him for years...no back bone. You will see.

02-18-2008, 08:52 PM
Jerry has a backbone. Jerry is more than capable of running the place effectively and making a difference. The management above him enjoys a place of priviledge and has unnecessary oversight over his office. I'm convinced that one of them, Chuck Drago, is equally knowledgeable and experienced. But they are not surrounded by a dream team. It's mostly a nightmare, some are just inept, some are purposefully trying to bring them down while they look to jump off the burning ship. Jerry deserves our support but should consider simplifying the management and cutting positions.

02-20-2008, 05:31 PM
The Major in Jax is the best supervisor we ever had, DeCoursey just wants the best from his troops, and the lazy and sorry ones hate him.

02-21-2008, 01:52 AM
2/3 of the majors are totally capable and know enough about law enforcement to get the job done. 1/3 knows enforcement and beverage work and he is in drop. 1/3 is new to beverage but he is an investigator and can do the job. 1/3 is a sergeant. And thats a problem.

02-21-2008, 02:02 AM
:shock:

02-21-2008, 03:17 AM
2/3 of the majors are totally capable and know enough about law enforcement to get the job done. 1/3 knows enforcement and beverage work and he is in drop. 1/3 is new to beverage but he is an investigator and can do the job. 1/3 is a sergeant. And thats a problem.

Oh come on. The Sarge is so innovative. Rumor has it he thinks we can do an E.O. because someone dropped a few bags of dope on the ground.

02-21-2008, 12:58 PM
I was talking to him and he was saying that an eo was a ride at epcot.

02-22-2008, 01:08 AM
Sergeant Staab is guilty of following the experienced advice of his Captain. Cave's pointing the finger at Staab.

02-23-2008, 03:03 AM
sheriff cave, he's doing a great job over there in his office filing paper, writing paper, pushing paper, balling up paper, stapling paper, collating paper, reading paper, and the agents are a lot safer that way. He likes paper. If he would stop sending anonymous paper to his buddies up in the IG office everyone would be safer.