PDA

View Full Version : NEWS Miami Dade Officer gets 50 years

01-11-2008, 01:39 AM
Ex-Officer Gets 50 Years For Molesting Teen
Miami-Dade Officer Sexually Battered Girl During Traffic Stop

POSTED: 7:10 pm EST January 8, 2008
UPDATED: 8:02 am EST January 9, 2008

MIAMI -- A former Miami-Dade police officer was sentenced Tuesday to 50 years in prison for molesting a teenage girl after pulling over her car in 2002.

A jury convicted Paul Brosky, 40, of sexual battery and kidnapping in November.

Judge Barbara Areces ruled Brosky is not eligible for parole for the first 20 years because he was armed with his service weapon during the August 2002 encounter.

Prosecutors said Brosky pulled over a vehicle and told the 17-year-old female driver and her boyfriend to follow him to an isolated parking lot in Miami Lakes. Brosky then assaulted the girl and released the couple.

Assistant State Attorney Bill Altfield offered Brosky a plea deal of 25 years if he helped resolve another sexual battery case against him and if he waived his right to appeal. Altfield said he wanted to spare the second alleged victim from testifying.

"I made it clear that I was not offering that because of any weakness in my case," he said.

Brosky's attorney, Lindsay Glassman, said her client plans to appeal his conviction.

"He has maintained his innocence since the beginning," she said.

Brosky, who was fired from the police department shortly after his arrest, is scheduled to go on trial in March for the second case accusing him of molesting another teenager in a separate traffic stop. If he is convicted in that case, he could face life in prison.