PDA

View Full Version : Contract

01-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Can someone please explain the road schedule. I read you are on 12's but how do the days off work???? And was this part of your contract in order to get a better cola??? Or is that just someone stirring the pot?

01-11-2008, 03:01 AM
Can someone please explain the road schedule. I read you are on 12's but how do the days off work???? And was this part of your contract in order to get a better cola??? Or is that just someone stirring the pot?

Davie Road patrol now has two shifts. Alpha shift and Bravo Shift. Officers work 12 hour shifts.

Each officer bids for set days off.

Example: Sat, Sun, Mon off one week / Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon off the next week. Those days off do not change and the officer has those until he re-bids after six months.

Officers get the choice of working:

Alpha shift: 6pm - 6am or 7pm - 7am

Bravo shift: 6am - 6pm or 7am - 7pm

Our Town Administrator told our union reps that he wanted us to work the 12 hour shifts in an attempt to save money by eliminating the overlapping shifts. Our union reps were told that if we fought the 12 hour shifts we would not be given a raise and would have to go without a contract. Our union members overwhelming voted in favor of a raise rather then fight the Town.

01-11-2008, 11:50 PM

Davie Road patrol now has two shifts. Alpha shift and Bravo Shift. Officers work 12 hour shifts.

Each officer bids for set days off.

Example: Sat, Sun, Mon off one week / Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon off the next week. Those days off do not change and the officer has those until he re-bids after six months.

Officers get the choice of working:

Alpha shift: 6pm - 6am or 7pm - 7am

Bravo shift: 6am - 6pm or 7am - 7pm

Our Town Administrator told our union reps that he wanted us to work the 12 hour shifts in an attempt to save money by eliminating the overlapping shifts. Our union reps were told that if we fought the 12 hour shifts we would not be given a raise and would have to go without a contract. Our union members overwhelming voted in favor of a raise rather then fight the Town.

Never once were we advised by our board that ithe town threatened to not give us a raise or no contract, so your post is partially wrong. However, the board advised us that IF we refused to agree with them, eventually the town would go to arbitration and try to impose there ways(AND PROBABLY WIN). Your statement is accurate that the vote was something like 95-20. We chose to settle rather than fight the town and risk losing $ and still getting the 12s put on us. And before you react, read this post , its not a slam its a correction.

01-12-2008, 01:39 AM
" Never once were we advised by our board that ithe town threatened to not give us a raise or no contract, so your post is partially wrong. However, the board advised us that IF we refused to agree with them, eventually the town would go to arbitration and try to impose there ways "

I was wrong huh? You said that same thing I did but with different words. Either way you put it the result is the same.

01-12-2008, 02:55 PM
did u get a 18% raise over 3 years, or is that more lies

01-12-2008, 03:47 PM

That was a lie. We actually got more then that.

01-12-2008, 08:06 PM

That was a lie. We actually got more then that.

Where did you hear we got 18%? not here it wasnever posted

01-13-2008, 01:04 AM
maybe they heard it from someone that works for us and wanted to come on here to see if it was true.

01-13-2008, 01:12 AM
maybe they heard it from someone that works for us and wanted to come on here to see if it was true.

Maybe they didnt because we were told what the raise was sherlock