PDA

View Full Version : Question Regarding my Oral Board That I had Yesterday?

01-09-2008, 07:24 PM
I had my oral board yesterday and I was taken upstairs afterwards to meet a background investigator. The investigator came out to the hallway and very quickly told me that I passed the oral board, but didn't tell me the score or my ranking. He gave me a letter congragulating me for passing the oral board and telling me that I would be notified of my ranking. The investigator did not schedule me for a polygraph, psych, etc.

Is this good? I know I passed the oral board, but does this mean I didn't make the magic "top 5"? Can someone tell me if they tell you your ranking that same day if you make the top 5? :roll:

01-09-2008, 07:56 PM
I've never heard of the "Top 5". They didn't schedule my poly, psych, etc until after a week or two of passing the oral board. Don't sweat it.

guest1969
01-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Thank You for replying myfriend!

Suppossedly, FLPD only hires or puts more quickly through the process those who rank in the "top 5". That's what I meant by the phrase. This is my first attempt with FLPD so your guidance is greatly appreciated! Just curious, if you don't mind Sir, did you rank in the top 5, if not how did you rank?

01-09-2008, 09:09 PM
I have no idea what my ranking was. I didn't even know there was a ranking. I was hired a few years ago when FLPD was putting 6-14 officers in the academy every 2 - 3 months.

01-09-2008, 10:48 PM
When I went upstairs they scheduled the rest of my appointments for the week. I was in from out of town and it may be different if you are local. I'm assuming you're from here. Don't sweat it.

01-10-2008, 12:31 AM
Thats a bad sign....no score means you probably were very low....sorry for the bad news. Try BSO.

guest1969
01-10-2008, 01:23 AM
I appreciate the info. Bad News? Really? How do you know this? Have you been through the process recently?

I scored a 98 on the CJBAT and I've heard it comprises a big percentage of the overall oral board score. Can anyone in here clarify or confirm what this post just stated? I'm a local, maybe they give the scores on the spot and schedule appointments the same day for the out of town applicants.

Anyone, I'm starting to worry with that last post, I'm a certified officer and I've always been strong at oral boards.

01-10-2008, 01:57 AM
A 98 on the CJBAT AND your certified? Short of a thick IA file, you should be fine

01-10-2008, 01:42 PM
Dude....this is an open forum, only use it as a tool to obtain info. Most of these posts are total bs. I have not been through the process at FLPD recently....not even a cop.

01-10-2008, 02:03 PM
C'mon, now. Stop worrying about it. We need good people. If you're qualified, you'll get the job. Don't botch the poly and you're fine. Since you're certified, expect multiple polygraphs about IA, theft, integrity, etc. I can't give ya any advice on that, other than to relax. Good luck.

01-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Also had my oral board this week. Didn't think I did so good but my BI told me I scored pretty high?, but didn't give me a score? Also got scheduled for the rest of the process....but I am also out of area maybe that had something to do with it?

01-10-2008, 11:27 PM
I had my oral board today...I got my conditional offer of employment immdediately following...And scheduled for my psycological tommorrow...

I processed about two years ago and immediately after my oral board I met with a background investigator, they told me I would be put on the eligibility list and I never heard back from them.

I am not an out of area canidate, if that helps you any...

01-11-2008, 02:07 AM
"Anyone, I'm starting to worry with that last post, I'm a certified officer and I've always been strong at oral boards."[/quote]

Ok, if you are a "certified officer" you wouldnt be taking the CJBAT! The test is not required for certified officers.

JimmyMcNulty
01-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Ok, if you are a "certified officer" you wouldnt be taking the CJBAT! The test is not required for certified officers.
...unless he's from out of state. (bouchedag)

guest1969
01-11-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm not from out of state, I'm certified in Florida with 3 years experience. I took the CJBAT because most agencies in Broward require it even if you're certified so I submitted it to FLPD. In addition, I've heard that FLPD is big on high CJBAT scores. Having scored a 98, I figured it wouldn't hurt to turn in my score sheet from BCC.

01-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Things have changed alot in 2 years, New Backround Sgt, new poligraphers, new alot of things. Just be patient, you got a letter now you will go thru the next steps as they come.

01-11-2008, 06:29 PM
Anyone who took their Psych....how long did it take you to get a call with the results?

guest1969
01-11-2008, 08:17 PM
OK, lets narrow this down a bit! How many of you that are Florida certified locals and have passed the oral board within the last 2 months were given a conditional offer or appointments for the rest of the process by your background investigator upstairs?

I think with this question I might be able to narrow down what the norms are or have been in the hiring process at FLPD recently.

01-11-2008, 10:00 PM
You will get a letter stating where you were rated...this may take weeks.

guest1969
01-11-2008, 10:18 PM
Really, weeks just to get a ranking letter. The recruiter told me when I spoke to him that the whole process took 1-2 months at the most if you had no isuues in your background, which I luckily don't. I don't have a single IA in my file, not a single reprimand, good to go from this standpoint.

So what I went through is normal for certified applicants. I ask because I keep hearing that if you don't get a conditional offer or another appointment the day of your oral from the background investigator, your chances are slim. This is what I'm trying to narrow down, maybe the above offers, etc are for out of towners only.

Thats why I posted the last question, because I want to know if anyone in here who is a local certified officer and applied recently, only got a letter like me and was still hired and what the length of their entire hiring process.

01-13-2008, 03:52 PM

As a matter of fact (douchbag), an out of state certified does not have to take the cjbat either. Check your facts first, and spell check wouldn't hurt!

JimmyMcNulty
01-13-2008, 11:38 PM

As a matter of fact (douchbag), an out of state certified does not have to take the cjbat either. Check your facts first, and spell check wouldn't hurt!
Thinking out loud: Another wannabe LE on the site? Or maybe he should give training a call. They're wasting a lot of valuable time getting these out of state guys ready to take that test.

01-13-2008, 11:54 PM
Anyone that has taken the Psych hear back yet?

01-14-2008, 02:43 AM

Thinking out loud: Another wannabe LE on the site? Or maybe he should give training a call. They're wasting a lot of valuable time getting these out of state guys ready to take that test.

The only written test an out of state cerified officer has to take is the state certification exam and he has a year after he is hired to do it. Yup, I'm a wannabe.