PDA

View Full Version : $72 Million Water Park

01-09-2008, 05:07 PM
According to the Slantenel, the city commission was "wowed" by some retard's proposal to build a $72 million pool and water park at the International Swimming Hall of Fame. Let me get this straight, quarter million dollars for a self-cleaning gay sex tearoom-CHECK...another quarter million for a heater in the pool that we already have-CHECK...$72 million for a new pool to replace the aforementioned, newly heated pool-CHECK....2% COLA-WHAT DO YOU THINK WE'RE MADE OUT OF MONEY?!?!? I just had my Blue Flu flair up again.

01-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Why would the city build it? Why wouldn't a private developer build it?

O yeah, because a private developer would know they'd lose money

Copper
01-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Come on..you know how it goes: If the city builds it, that means; bids and contracts from construction companies, engineering firms, supply companies, etc etc etc....and what does that equal? A few kick backs here and there for the city commission. Maybe one of them needs a new paved driveway at a "discounted" rate....

And you gotta love that they want to build a water park 200 yards from the ATLANTIC OCEAN. Seems ironic.....I don't know....

01-11-2008, 04:53 PM
As a citizen of the city I find this rediculous 72 mil for a f#^king pool . what

THIS NEEDS TO BE BROUGHT TO THE MEDIA ASAP !!!

THIS IS KICKBACK CENTRAL !

HOPEFULLY THE FBI WILL PRETEND TO BE DEVELOPERS AND OFFER KICKBACKS TO MAYORS, COMMISSIONERS, CITY MANAGERS ECT ECT ECT ECT

01-11-2008, 04:56 PM
HA HA and not wait 6 years to make an arrest.

But remember the FBI does not offer up politicians in sting operations, they seek the little people without political influence.