PDA

View Full Version : New Beginning

MOD 455
01-07-2008, 07:04 AM
This board has unfortunately become a challenge to this agency over the past two years, and was a reflection on the fine men and woman of the USF Police Dept.

Right or Wrong I decided it was time for a good change and a New Beginning in 2008.

I hope most agree with this decision, and I urge everyone to use this forum as a resource, not a bashing forum. We all know this is not only viewed by sworn officers, but by members of our community, administrators, and fellow officers around the Bay area.

Lets start 2008 off on the right track.

Stay Safe

MOD 455

01-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Well said, and well worth it.

Good Job MOD

Once again there is UNITY in the COMMUNITY

LETS KEEP THIS GOING

01-07-2008, 06:36 PM
the same thing needs to happen to Lakeland PD's board someone needs to clean it up with citizens viewing this site...thanks a concerne LPD Officer

01-07-2008, 09:08 PM
I mean no disrespect to our moderator by this post but censorship has always been a concern of mine so I don’t completely agree with the moderator’s decision to clear the forums. Just some of my thoughts.

Agree: Some people were just using the forum to stir up garbage and attempt to get department members upset, turned against each other, etc. Unfortunately, many times it appeared to work. Several post were sometimes inappropriate and made personal attacks unnecessarily. It was obvious that in many past posts some, me included at times, fell into the traps of low moral and frustration and may have voiced our opinions in this forum in a manner that reflected negatively towards our department.

Disagree: However, many posts were valid (not all nice but valid) and allowed for a safe place to voice feelings, concerns, and likes and dislikes that were meant to get discussions started. I am, and we should consider ourselves mature, common sense thinking human beings that can decipher garbage vs. healthy communication. This is a public forum and unless the rules are violated it should not be censored. We are police officers. We don’t have to like or agree with everything we see or read but we should be responsible enough to take from those things what we believe to be important and ignore those things that really don’t matter. Remember the old saying, “sticks and stones…”

I believe our moderator had a tough personal decision to make and did what he/she felt was the right choice at the time. I can relate totally to that type of decision-making. Isn’t that what every officer should be doing? Mod 455 I respect you decision. Thank you for making a choice that you felt was the right thing to do for the department.

Hopefully 2008 will bring about positive change to our department.

Sgt. Drew Caffarelli

01-08-2008, 01:16 AM
Good to see a wipe. There were a lot of bitter posts, but there was a lot of truth in some of them. I really don't see any positive posts being made in the future though, considering this is an anoymous forum, and people like to express their views, which are usually gripes. It's a good thing and a bad thing.

01-08-2008, 11:28 PM
Due to my removal of the posts this week I am no longer the Moderator of the Board. I was notified by the creators that they "observed" the removal of the posts, I think more like notified of the removal. Either way, if anyone is interested in moderating this board according to the terms of agreement should contact the creators. I think "a non ee mous" would do a fine job. They advised me they are working on contacting their I.T. Guy to place all the posts back. (at an expensive costs).

In retrospect this board has done nothing but tear this agency further apart, and free speech or not has done nothing but be counter productive and show the rest of the world what our true private feelings are. I for one as many others were glad to see a new start, some officers felt the need to keep the trash talking and minimal sensible info posted. I lost and I apologize to the men and woman of the USFPD for my actions.

I urge everyone to use this board as a communication piece, not a whining , complaining, or backstabbing forum.

Stay Safe

01-09-2008, 10:43 AM
I wasn't going to read the USF police board, but after reading this particular thread, I'm going to read ALLLLLL of those threads!!!!! :shock: :lol:

01-12-2008, 12:16 AM
Back from Columbia all!!!!! hehe D.C. finally got 3 chevrons? snarf snarf.......don't u worry nun maan drew.......18 mo'years an' u b gittin' a bar :lol:

DO NOT BE CLEAN SWEEPIN' MAAN.........ME WANNA SHARE MO' DIRTY DIRT ON YA FOLKS......ONLY WHAT U NO 2 B TRUEMAAN....IF GOSSIP//TRUE 2 B MAAN MAKE U FEELIN' BAD........ND UP TALL FELLA.ALL 5 FEET OF YA! :lol: