PDA

View Full Version : Glock duty pistols

01-07-2008, 04:56 AM
It's my understanding that we can trade these boat anchor Sigs in to Glock and recieve two Glocks with holsters for each Sig. If we are truly trying to save money, then what is the hold up. Plus the night sights are starting to go out and "we can't afford to replace them". Is it being stopped by the upper admin or what? GLOCK A MUCH BETTER FIREARM FOR DUTY.......

01-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Hey Mickey whats the problem here?

01-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Part of the problem is Captain RP does not like Glock and was very critical of them when they first it the market. He is very weapon savy, but human, and I think some bias is at play on this one.

All weapon systems have their short comings. But Glock has the majority of the law enforcement market in the USA. It's hard to believe that many professionals can be so wrong.

01-21-2008, 03:00 AM
Could it be the RP isnt a LE professional? Just another one of Ronnie Macs good ole boys that couldn't pass the Lieutenant's test so they promoted him to Captain. He is so inept the training unit is the limits of his managerial abilities. Even that has been a stretch for him. One more overpaid crony.

01-21-2008, 03:52 PM
He does'nt like Glocks because there is no de-**** and it will be easier for him to shoot himself in the leg...again.

01-21-2008, 05:10 PM
I wonder if he will change his position on the Glock. George Stone went to Glocks for the academy a while ago and has had no problems. The PPD went to Glock with no problems. Capt. RP will sell you a Glock with no problem. So my question is," WHAT THE HELL ARE WE WAITING ON"? If this department won't buy them, then atleast approve them for duty carry and let us make the choice if we want to buy them or not. I would have no problem buying my own gun if need be. The least the office could do is provide a holster for me. But I know that's stretching it to say the least. Some people don't get it. They say, what is a few ounces in wieght gonna make a difference. Well try strapping on a light to the rail of that Sig and then tell me that a few ounces doesn't matter. After you have worn that sucker for ten hours and actually worked and got out of your car more than just to eat and get gas, you feel like your back is breaking or your sore in the hip. It has nothing to do with conditioning. Wieght is wieght no matter how you say it. Its time for a change. The Sigs are nice but the Glock is better.

02-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Is this a dead issue?

02-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Glock's are not the only answer; there are many other great gun makers out there that would make great duty weapons. The Sig's the county uses are some of the best made firearms in the world; however over time even they should be either overhauled or replaced. To neglect them, and not properly maintain them should be considered a recipe for disaster. I would love to see 1911's used but that is just me. :) Enjoy chewing this one up.....

02-23-2008, 11:29 PM
I agree, the Glocks are not the only answer, but I think you will be hard pressed to find a duty weapon that will hold up and remain functional just about no matter what you do, or don't do with it. You can't ask for an easier point and click interface either. No manual safety, no de-****, no magazine lock out. I've carried S/W (revolver and auto), Beretta, Sig, and Glock, and my all means prefer the Glock over them all. It is an ugly gun though.

DDG
02-25-2008, 03:51 PM
what about H&K`s???

02-25-2008, 11:17 PM
I think H & K's would be great. We can take all the Sig's that we have, lets say 400 and trade them for, lets say 200 H & K's. Then every day when a new shift comes on we will just swap guns. This will save the tax payers a lot of money as we will not have all those guns laying around not being used.

Get real!!!!!

DDG
02-26-2008, 04:12 PM
aren`t they the same price?? i bought one for the same amount that a sig cost?

02-27-2008, 06:48 AM
ED Browns, STI, Kimber, Les Baer, Colt, Springfield Armory, Para Ordnance, Wilson Combat, and a few select others.... Wouldn't ya like to carry a real gun. :)

02-28-2008, 01:44 PM
"Get yourself a Glock, and lose your nickel plated sissy pistol." - Sam Gerard (Tommy Lee Jones, US Marshals)

(Of course, the only part of the movie that is real... the other part about a US Marshall having more "street sense" than a real street cop, well, we all know how real that is...)