PDA

View Full Version : REAL CONTRACT UPDATE

01-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Does anybody have a real update on the contract situation? We haven't had a meeting since November and there are about 30 million rumors flying around. This is a very tense time for all of us and I believe the union owes us some news in a timely manner!

01-11-2008, 04:34 PM
We know who typed that huh

01-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Where's Jack? Jack just tell us that nothing is going on at least. Don't remain silent. We know you've had it with all this but at least talk to us.

01-15-2008, 11:29 PM
Ft lauderdale is the new Lauderhill of the county. Low pay, crappy lazy cops and lots of controversy. Come to the green side.

01-16-2008, 12:27 AM
Ft lauderdale is the new Lauderhill of the county. Low pay, crappy lazy cops and lots of controversy. Come to the green side.

SCUMBAG! Stay on your own forum. We are underpayed but go Fork yourself if you think we are lazy! At least we protect ourselves and catch the bad guys. Now go crawl back to parkland or weston and let the big boys do the real police work. SCUMBAG!

01-16-2008, 12:31 AM

Who does this idiot think he is talking to? Go to the BSO forum and read all the little sniveling winey babies trashing each other. This idiot wouldn't know police work if it landed on his face and shot sperm down his throat. But I am sure he knows what sperm tastes like.

01-16-2008, 12:47 AM
The worst days at Fort Lauderdale are still better then the best days at BSO. Don't forget you probably got rejected by Lauderdale before you went to BSO...

01-16-2008, 02:07 AM
Where's Jack? Jack just tell us that nothing is going on at least. Don't remain silent. We know you've had it with all this but at least talk to us.
You must educate yourselves on the political process. Absolutely nothing will happen until the Florida primary election concerning the tax amendment is settled! If you were an elected offical responsible to the public, you would wait and see what happens. Relax, things will work themselves out. Remember one very important thing, retirees haven't had a COLA in 9 count'em 9 years

01-16-2008, 02:45 AM
Guys, don't let that fool piss you guys off. He is obviously a moron jail recruiter stirring the pot. He does not represent all of us. :roll:

01-16-2008, 06:31 PM
2007: Deadliest year for cops since 1989 (not counting 9/11). Already five killed this year.

Just this past weekend a couple of scumbags tried to gun down another officer in our county. It could've ended differently. FLPD could have very nearly had #6.

Is now the time to backbite? "We're better than you, we wear white uniforms at night..." Seriously, if you are a cop, you need to take stock of what's important.

Stay safe.

01-23-2008, 03:16 AM
Boca just approved a new contract where officers top out at 80K. They have about 18 openings. Come see why leaving Ft. Lauderdale was the best move I ever made!

01-23-2008, 02:18 PM
Boca just approved a new contract where officers top out at 80K. They have about 18 openings. Come see why leaving Ft. Lauderdale was the best move I ever made!

Boca is not topping out at 80k it was high 70s. After contributing 9.8% to your retirement, and paying 400 a month for families in health care and unable to use your car off-duty your still making less than other agencies. There's a reason why Boca has 18 openings in a Department that size. Guy people lick the toes of all the residents and to top it off, you couldn't find a murder suspect if it landed on your lap. I still have no idea why security and not Boca PD discovered the car at the Boca mall. The mall was closed for a long time prior to the car being found. I know FLPD is always patrolling the mall. The difference between FLPD and Boca, FLPD is real cops.

01-23-2008, 05:48 PM
I heard that the city is thinking about replacing our retirement system with Folgers Crystals.

"Let's see if they notice the difference."
-G. Gretsas

I FOR ONE CAN'T LIVE OFF OF COFFEE ALONE! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!! E-BOARD DO SOMETHING!!!! NO!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!! WHY????!!!!!!

01-23-2008, 08:57 PM

Eric, You forgot to mention that you pay 9.8% into your pension (as opposed to 7% at FLPD) or that it takes ten years to top out at Boca. Do you still get to ride a ATV up and down the beach like you did at FLPD? I didn`t think so.

01-24-2008, 03:46 AM
There are 18 spots becuase of land the city took in. The real difference between Ft. Lauderdale and Boca is the city likes and supports us here in Boca and well.... the city hates you in Ft. Lauderdale and is always looking to do the cops in and support the people you should be putting in jail. Besides I never hear people in Boca saying lets go PBSO. So go take your embarassing raise over three years and watch out for the city... Boca top out for an officer at the end of the new contract is just over 80k.

01-24-2008, 11:13 PM
There are 18 spots becuase of land the city took in. The real difference between Ft. Lauderdale and Boca is the city likes and supports us here in Boca and well.... the city hates you in Ft. Lauderdale and is always looking to do the cops in and support the people you should be putting in jail. Besides I never hear people in Boca saying lets go PBSO. So go take your embarassing raise over three years and watch out for the city... Boca top out for an officer at the end of the new contract is just over 80k.

lol, yea Boca won't allow their PD to go because then Boca citizens wouldn't get favors from all the Boca Officers and Boca would then have to work. Imagine that, Boca officers actually earning their money, what a concept. Gotta love that former Chief and all his cronies who are still there. Boca's contract is not over 80,000, and if it were with a 9.8% contribution that puts you down at roughly 70,000 after paying the huge medical also. Boca has pondered a 401k for years and if it's going to line the city pockets, the officers will get kicked to the curb. I lived in Boca and got out because Boca PD couldnít find their own rear end if t they were sitting on it. Just like the Boca Mall shooting, Boca PD does a horrible job patrolling the mall and it took a 10-dollar an hour security guard to put two and two together. I wonder why a there is an upscale vehicle left in the parking lot while everyone else has gone home. In law enforcement we call that suspicious, in FLPD we call it police work. It Boca, it would mean you would have to leave starbucks and earn a dollar. But I forgot Boca PD doesnít know how to do police work.

By the way, Boca hasn't annexed since 2004. That can be confirmed through the elections office. So you mean to tell me that haven't filled 18 positions in 4 years? Most people there aren't happy.

01-25-2008, 04:21 AM
$70,000 is still more than $63897 minus 7% for pension, the health care deductions, the $900 a year for union dues. So that leaves us at what $57,000 at the end of the year before taxes? At least they got a freakin' contract. Yes we do police work and we should get paid for it. It would be nice to work for a city that appreciates cops that actually do police work and pays them for it. If Boca wants to pay their cops $80k sorry,$70k, a year for mediocrity then more power to them.

The real question is: Who really gives a crapola? Don't lose too much sleep over it.

01-26-2008, 12:56 AM
$70,000 is still more than $63897 minus 7% for pension, the health care deductions, the $900 a year for union dues. So that leaves us at what $57,000 at the end of the year before taxes? At least they got a freakin' contract. Yes we do police work and we should get paid for it. It would be nice to work for a city that appreciates cops that actually do police work and pays them for it. If Boca wants to pay their cops $80k sorry,$70k, a year for mediocrity then more power to them.

The real question is: Who really gives a crapola? Don't lose too much sleep over it.

I agree... Boca has less crime then here in Ft. Lauderdale. If they want to pay their officers 80k or 70k a year to do less work then here, I am all for it. Who do I contact up there for application info and or a tour? this place is going to the dogs... Bring in BSO!

01-26-2008, 01:28 AM

I agree... Boca has less crime then here in Ft. Lauderdale. If they want to pay their officers 80k or 70k a year to do less work then here, I am all for it. Who do I contact up there for application info and or a tour? this place is going to the dogs... Bring in BSO!

... Bring in BSO! ???? LMAO !!! The only things you guys will change if you come to BSO are your uniforms and where your checks come from. All your current problems are already waiting for you at BSO (just with different names). No money, No contract, No support from Admin., No brotherhood, and worse practically NOBODY CARES. Please think twice before you choose.

Remember; be careful what you wish for.
[/b]

01-26-2008, 06:41 AM

Then go put in an application, idiot. They're hiring. Don't drag the rest of us with you. If I decided to Scientology was the greatest thing in the world, would you want me and Tom Cruise to brain wash you into thinking Scientology should come and take over your church? I'd hope you'd tell me, Tom cruise, and my alien god to shove scientology up my a$$. Now you, your smooth brain, and Al Lamberti can go take bso and shove it up your a$$.

01-26-2008, 04:36 PM
[quote=Anonymous]$70,000 is still more than $63897 minus 7% for pension, the health care deductions, the $900 a year for union dues. So that leaves us at what $57,000 at the end of the year before taxes? At least they got a freakin' contract. Yes we do police work and we should get paid for it. It would be nice to work for a city that appreciates cops that actually do police work and pays them for it. If Boca wants to pay their cops $80k sorry,$70k, a year for mediocrity then more power to them.

... Bring in BSO! ???? LMAO !!! The only things you guys will change if you come to BSO are your uniforms and where your checks come from. All your current problems are already waiting for you at BSO (just with different names). No money, No contract, No support from Admin., No brotherhood, and worse practically NOBODY CARES. Please think twice before you choose.

Remember; be careful what you wish for.
[/b][/quote:1l62poxq]

I hate to burust your bubble, but Boca has less brotherhood than BSO. I don't know what you mean about no one caring but that's BS. While BSO has a long way to go, they are getting better. Boca will always have money, but if you want to work there, just make sure you don't get stabbed in the back too many times!

01-28-2008, 01:37 PM
All you guys that trash BSO and Boca could not even pass their oral boards! So go back to crying about Ft. Lauderdales 57K a year and how admin stinks and how the city doesn't support you and is ALWAYS against you... well you don't have to cry about the city, we read about it enough in the paper!!! instead of worrying about a contract, you should be worrying about how city commissioners are looking to show how corrupt you guys are and fire you! So more talk about your AVL's and how you all hate it so much but never leave, because you can't get hired anywhere else and less talk about BSO and Boca! Oh yeah.... Have a nice day!!!

01-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Do the supervisors at JAC know you are using the computers to surf the internet? I think the 13 year old in the psych ward needs more juice. Be a good deputy and go fetch it for him.

01-28-2008, 11:01 PM
All you guys that trash BSO and Boca could not even pass their oral boards! So go back to crying about Ft. Lauderdales 57K a year and how admin stinks and how the city doesn't support you and is ALWAYS against you... well you don't have to cry about the city, we read about it enough in the paper!!! instead of worrying about a contract, you should be worrying about how city commissioners are looking to show how corrupt you guys are and fire you! So more talk about your AVL's and how you all hate it so much but never leave, because you can't get hired anywhere else and less talk about BSO and Boca! Oh yeah.... Have a nice day!!!

I think that we've had people that have gone to both BSO and Boca. So that's obviously not the issue. We are worrying about both the contract and the fact that the city is trying to create problems where there aren't any. IF you dig deep enough you can find dirt on anyone, that seems to be their idea of finding corruption. They should check the mirror.

Last time I checked BSO just spent the last 10 years in chaos, so now things are finally looking up for you guys. So now you think, in a 2 month period, you are the model law enforcement agency in south Florida. Give it a rest.
You guys always were and always will be second rate. Yes, its true alot of us hate it here right now. Some of us choose not to leave because we don't want to start over, we're to close to our 10, or 20, or still some of us are still hoping it'll get better. That being said your above listed comments further prove what an a$$ you are.

As for your BSO interview of 2 has-been Sergeants, a retarded monkey could ace that one. Are you a retarded monkey?

And why the hell are you posting on our forum anyway? Is it because YOU got turned down by FLPD and this is the closest thing you'll ever get to retribution? Or is this the first phase of Al Lamberti's plan to take over FLPD?

"First we take their LEO affairs forums, then the specialty units, then the whole city" - "Big" AL

I can honestly say that I haven't been on the BSO forum because I don't care what you guys are saying. Why would you bother coming over here? If you want to know what's going on at Ft. Lauderdale so badly, put in an application.

Now YOU, "Oh yea.... Have a nice day," douche bag.

01-29-2008, 04:28 AM

LOL!!!! I don't have anything against BSO guys, but let's face it. Your sheriff is in prison, everyone hates you for falsely clearing out crime by pinning it on people who were incarcerated at the time the crimes occured, and you just had a Sgt stab herself and lie to create a manhunt. Nobody trusts you (rightfully so). I'd rather be unhappy with integrity than have a pension cola and be hated and not trusted by my community.

01-29-2008, 05:51 AM
I'd rather be unhappy with integrity than have a pension cola and be hated and not trusted by my community.

$hit you donít need to be BSO to get that kind of love from the community, being a cop itself marks automatically. I already know that the community doesnít like so I might as well get the f#cking money.

01-29-2008, 06:04 PM
I'd rather be unhappy with integrity than have a pension cola and be hated and not trusted by my community.

$hit you donít need to be BSO to get that kind of love from the community, being a cop itself marks automatically. I already know that the community doesnít like so I might as well get the f#cking money.

You already know the community doesn't like you? You must be working D/2. And by the way, the people out there who aren't stealing cars and pushing dope actually like you and want you to clean up their neighborhood. Typical "nobody likes me so screw them" cop :roll:

01-29-2008, 08:04 PM
Oh Yeah.. My pee pee is bigger than yours. :lol: and my daddy will kill your daddy's arse any day. :D and my mommys boobies are ncer than your mommy's boobies :P Your not my friend anymore and you can't play with any of my shinny toys :roll:

01-29-2008, 08:08 PM
Oh Yeah.. My pee pee is bigger than yours. :lol: and my daddy will kill your daddy's arse any day. :D and my mommys boobies are ncer than your mommy's boobies :P Your not my friend anymore and you can't play with any of my shinny toys :roll:
Sorry for all the typos I was laughing too hard. Stay safe guys.

01-29-2008, 11:17 PM
You already know the community doesn't like you? You must be working D/2. And by the way, the people out there who aren't stealing cars and pushing dope actually like you and want you to clean up their neighborhood. Typical "nobody likes me so screw them" cop :roll:

Clean up the neighborhood???? For the last 20 years Fort Lauderdale has been trying to clean up that $hithole with absolutely no success. Iíve worked for FLPD as well as lived in the city enough to know that the community isnít very trill about our existence, case in point our fearless manager. We will never please everyone to their satisfaction so in the mean while I wouldnít mind having my salary upgraded to todayís standards.

District 2 itself is a cesspool with the majority of its inhabitants dealing in some type of illegal activity. Oh yeah *****, I went there, Iím not afraid to say it like it is. Granny and grandpa are in it as well as the rest of the shorties in the neighborhood. If you done enough dope arrests in D2, you will understand the vicious circle that exist in that $hithole.

01-30-2008, 05:04 AM

Clean up the neighborhood???? For the last 20 years Fort Lauderdale has been trying to clean up that $hithole with absolutely no success. Iíve worked for FLPD as well as lived in the city enough to know that the community isnít very trill about our existence, case in point our fearless manager. We will never please everyone to their satisfaction so in the mean while I wouldnít mind having my salary upgraded to todayís standards.

District 2 itself is a cesspool with the majority of its inhabitants dealing in some type of illegal activity. Oh yeah *****, I went there, Iím not afraid to say it like it is. Granny and grandpa are in it as well as the rest of the shorties in the neighborhood. If you done enough dope arrests in D2, you will understand the vicious circle that exist in that $hithole.

I don't get it what are you trying to say....

01-30-2008, 11:22 PM
If you go to sunsentinel, other media sites nothing on the "work safely", why not ?

02-01-2008, 04:33 AM
[quote="Fort Liquordale":3g9r4ojt]You already know the community doesn't like you? You must be working D/2. And by the way, the people out there who aren't stealing cars and pushing dope actually like you and want you to clean up their neighborhood. Typical "nobody likes me so screw them" cop :roll:

I don't get it what are you trying to say....[/quote:3g9r4ojt]

He's trying to say that he spends all shift arresting guys for having a few seeds to pad his stat sheet. Meanwhile, his co-workers are humping calls and there are no backups available. And again, the law-abiding citizens in D/2 or anywhere for that matter want you there. It's just that you don't deal with them. You deal with the shiiteheads that don't want you there, and that's just the nature of the job. And by the way, was does "trill" mean?

02-01-2008, 04:34 AM
Forgot to put my handle in the above...