PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS....

01-06-2008, 05:26 AM
Hello Pinellas Park Officers, I am a LEO from beyond the Bay in Hillsborough. I have some questions about your department. Are you hiring, if so, what was the process like and how long does it take? What type of technology are you guys using for your patrol cars? Is there a take home car program and how far can you live? Currently I live in Brandon, is that outside of the living radius. What is your starting salary w/expierence? What type of retirement system do you have and what percentage do you pay into it? Also is there COLA offered in that retirement? How long is the F.T.O. program? Is there an excellerated program for LEO's w/expirence? I also see that P.P.P.D has a Union, how has that been for you? If you had to do it all over again, would you have gone with the F.O.P.? Currently I am represented by the P.B.A individually. We do not have a Union at my agency, however we are in the process of voting one in as of right now. Do most of the officers live in the city limits or out? What type of schedule does patrol work and the hours? How's the overtime and special details? How is the senior managment? Do they come out and see you or do they just punch in and punch out? My last question is, how long does it take to transfer to a specialty squad?

Guys, I know every dept. has there issues and I am looking for honest answers. Please save the negative comments that are not informative. I would just like the pro's and con's from officers who out there working in the field. I am looking into switching departments. Also if you can give some information as to how your first year with a Union was, as far as what do you "start out" bargaining for, that type stuff. Thank you for your time P.P.P.D.

01-06-2008, 01:39 PM
To other leo beyond the bay. I believe you are trying to stir the pot. If you are sincere, you are in need of professional help. Contact Dr. Scotko ASAP. Friends don't let freinds work at the PPPD.

01-06-2008, 02:28 PM
No sir, not trying to stir the pot. Just want some answers straight jacket

01-06-2008, 09:22 PM
There is a new invention called the telephone, call the recruiter and also Pass has that info. Kind of weird to ask all that here.

01-07-2008, 07:50 PM
The recruiter?

01-07-2008, 11:03 PM
There is a new invention called the telephone, call the recruiter and also Pass has that info. Kind of weird to ask all that here.

Yeah, how DARE you ask a reasonable question on a law enforcement board about a law enforcement agency! This is the board for whining, complaining & backstabbing!

01-08-2008, 02:42 AM
Check Here www.pinellas-park.com/departments/police/recruit.asp (http://www.pinellas-park.com/departments/police/recruit.asp)