PDA

View Full Version : DOC Disrespect

01-06-2008, 01:39 AM
Recently I stumbled across a blog in the Tallahassee Forum about Florida prison guards being fired for threats. While the issue may have significance for them I was dismayed at the blatant disrespect they have for Law Enforcement. In one post the CO author wrote, "street cops cant handle working in a prison, go ask any one of them, they wouldnt last a week having to deal with CONVICTED FELONS, instead of grandma who made an illegal left turn."
Another wannabe wrote, "handing out parking tickets can sure be dangerous. Correctional Officers don't have it easy. They deal with murderers, rapists, child molesters, guys that have committed strong armed robberies, gang members."
I don't know about everyone else here but I've dealt with my fair share of the above criminals including those armed with firearms. Call me crazy but I took offense with some of the ignorant statements.
Check it out for yourself. Let them know what you think of them.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/tallaha ... 5#lastPost (http://www.topix.com/forum/city/tallahassee-fl/TEOBKML62BGOEIGEI/p15#lastPost)

05-01-2008, 01:59 PM
That's funny.... How do you think they got there?

05-15-2008, 11:16 AM
Dear Angry Guest,

I know that it is disparaging to read negative comments made by an individual who is spouting off at the mouth.
I work for DOC, but for the probation and parole side. From the cops to the courts to the jails and prison we are all working in the same system trying to achieve the same goals however; we are still separate. I think one of the biggest problems is the lack of understanding of what each one of us does and has to endure.
There is no doubt that our "big brother" has a lot of issues, and those issues always seem to affect its "red headed" sister whose pretty much kept its nose clean and yet still they get treated as first priority and now do not have to worry about position losses while we will lose almost two hundred positions including officers.
I know that it is a stresfull job to work in the prisons, I see what it does to people I also know that police work is stresfull as well and on a magnitude many will never know or experience.
I have the upmost respect for the officers where i live. I feel fortunate and thankful for the great working relationship that we have with them. I could gush here but I wont, but please know that my feelings are real.
Not all people believe or think like the c.o. who was fired, I could not read the article, only the comments appeared, but, the title said it all, this individual was a very angry person and knowing the human nature of people, can you really take a statement made by an individual like that truly to heart?? I would take it as more of the ramblings of an angry man who couldnt follow DOC rules, and to behave in a manner in which he chose and believed that he should be able to get away with it.
Stay safe and avoid the flying b.s. that comes flying by from time to time..

Unregistered
10-21-2018, 09:15 AM
Dear Angry Guest,

I know that it is disparaging to read negative comments made by an individual who is spouting off at the mouth.
I work for DOC, but for the probation and parole side. From the cops to the courts to the jails and prison we are all working in the same system trying to achieve the same goals however; we are still separate. I think one of the biggest problems is the lack of understanding of what each one of us does and has to endure.
There is no doubt that our "big brother" has a lot of issues, and those issues always seem to affect its "red headed" sister whose pretty much kept its nose clean and yet still they get treated as first priority and now do not have to worry about position losses while we will lose almost two hundred positions including officers.
I know that it is a stresfull job to work in the prisons, I see what it does to people I also know that police work is stresfull as well and on a magnitude many will never know or experience.
I have the upmost respect for the officers where i live. I feel fortunate and thankful for the great working relationship that we have with them. I could gush here but I wont, but please know that my feelings are real.
Not all people believe or think like the c.o. who was fired, I could not read the article, only the comments appeared, but, the title said it all, this individual was a very angry person and knowing the human nature of people, can you really take a statement made by an individual like that truly to heart?? I would take it as more of the ramblings of an angry man who couldnt follow DOC rules, and to behave in a manner in which he chose and believed that he should be able to get away with it.
Stay safe and avoid the flying b.s. that comes flying by from time to time..

Try working for LCSO. The work working conditions in any correctional facility in Florida