PDA

View Full Version : Should Jack step down?

01-04-2008, 08:56 PM
First, let me say that I believe Jack has been an excellent FOP president and has fought extremely hard for us over the past several years. That being said, I believe that in the best interest of the union, Jack should step down as president. Any vote he casts now will be questioned from all sides. If he casts a vote to recommend a less than stelar contract, he will be looked at as a shill for the city. His friendship with Chief Carter only reenforces that perception. I know some have argued that the reason he should step down is because we shouldn't have a SGT as a union president. I am not in agreement with this belief, as I truly believe Mike Tucker would be an outstanding union president. The only reason Jack should step down is to keep this union unified (as best it can be). Otherwise, I have this sneaking suspicion that a mutiny may be afoot.

And always:
Be safe out there and look out for each other, cause no one else is gonna do it.

01-05-2008, 01:04 AM
Let me quess: you need somebody like Kevin Hayes to lead the union? One of the many guys who talks a great (and big) game and has never done a thing to make a positive change. One of the guys who thinks threats (annonymous threats at that) are the way to scare the city into taking action. You want him and his do-nothing ("I only took this job so I can work details") buddies to run the union? Good for you. See what they get you.

01-05-2008, 02:09 AM
Did you read a word I wrote, jackass? It's funny how you complain about someone making anonymous threats and then trash a fellow Officer anonymously. And if you read my post, I stated I think Mike Tucker would be an excellent FOP president. Care to trash him next?

01-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Tucker has tried to be like "Bobby" since his first day on the job.....he's a great choice for President

01-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Well, my first question would be: Have you spoken to Jack about this? If not, have you asked Mike Tucker his opinion? I'm sure you would see that Mike gives his full support to Jack. I agree that Mike would, without question, be a great president, but, not now. We have a great president. As far as anyone questioning Jacks voting: He has an E-Board that gives their offerings/advice as well. Where contract issues are concerned Jack is a single voice on a bargaining unit committee. If he in fact goes against the grain of their collective opinion, then we have a problem. Has this, to anyones knowledge, been done? If not, what's the problem.
Lastly: Everyone has to keep in mind that anyone can post on this site. You don't know who I am, I don't know who you are. A great way for the city to stir up trouble? A little in-fighting between the president and vice president would be good for them, no? Perhaps things of this nature (since it is contact time and everyone must seem unified) should be disussed in other arenas.

Copper
01-06-2008, 01:56 AM
So...your only argument for Jack to step down is that he's friends with Carter. Someone being friends with a high ranked brass is an inevitable situation and Jack has proved that this obviously is not a problem.
Some people thought that once Jack was on the list he should step down....which MAYBE I could understand the argument, but now that he's promoted that doesn't matter. I'm not quite sure why you would get on here and start something like this with almost no argument at all. Seems to me you're just stirring stuff up which obviously means you don't have the best intentions in mind, in ref. to the FOP. So then I ask, why would we listen to you at all?

01-06-2008, 01:58 AM
...A great way for the city to stir up trouble? A little in-fighting between the president and vice president would be good for them, no? Perhaps things of this nature (since it is contact time and everyone must seem unified) should be disussed in other arenas.
Ditto. It wouldn't surprise me if I found that certain city officials have this as their homepage. Maybe it's coincidence that he was promoted. Maybe the command staff found him to be (as it always seems to be in promotions) the lesser of two evils, giving stripes to him in order to promote who they really wanted. Or, perhaps, it is a well-timed negotiating tactic meant to divide the union in a crucial time.

On the off chance that the latter is true, maybe you should keep your d*mn mouths shut on a public forum.

--I am Jack's raging bile duct.

Copper
01-06-2008, 02:01 AM
You also act as if we don't have Mike act all. Right now, we not only have a proven president, we also a very good VP. Jack stepping down would only weaken the board. Mike would be a great president, but I'd rather have two good guys working on our behalf than one. And for a president to step down in the middle of negotiations would only show weakness on our behalf and slow our attempts at a good contract.
In fact the more I argue against you, the more I believe you're a City Hall rat posting on our board. You really don't make any sense.

01-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Jack and Mike are both great guys. So what Jack has been promoted. He had completed nearly 20 yrs of service at this department. Is it so wrong of him to want to get on a promotional list and get a bigger pension that will help him and his family out? He has just as much to gain in terms of a contract as ever. A pay raise is a pay raise, a COLA is a COLA. Yeah, he has been friends with a great many people during his career, Bobby being one of them. So what?

Lets give Jack a chance to still bring home a contract, and give Bobby a chance to improve this dismal department when it is his turn to become Chief. Talk is cheap, but either we will have a good contract or not, or the department will regain its stature in the LEO community or it will sink further into obscurity and Officers will continue to bail.

We owe both of them a chance to succeed against odds that are stacked against them.

01-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Why hasn't anybody pointed out the fact that there are also POSITIVE repercussions to having the FOP prez be tight with an A/Chief? It works both ways. It's great having someone at the top who can hear our grievances about working conditions, AVL's, etc. Not that he can change these things, but he can provide us a voice in these decisions.

01-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Let me quess: you need somebody like Kevin Hayes to lead the union? One of the many guys who talks a great (and big) game and has never done a thing to make a positive change. One of the guys who thinks threats (annonymous threats at that) are the way to scare the city into taking action. You want him and his do-nothing ("I only took this job so I can work details") buddies to run the union? Good for you. See what they get you.

Let me first say this is my first time to this website. Apparently, some "anonymous" "cop" thinks I've done nothing since getting on the eboard. Number 1 you spineless coward, have the balls to sign your name or meet me in the hallway and say it to my face. Second, Im not a one man union. There are 9 members on the eboard who vote to make changes collectively. Third any supposed " anonymous threat " has been to IA and back. With me attached to it. Been there done that , got the phuckin t shirt. And what details? I work one. No friends work it with me retard. Have the balls to stand up for what you think. Puke.

01-09-2008, 04:58 AM
I started with FLPD back in the early 70's before we were a Union and was on the ground floor when we became a Union in the early 80's. I've been there for the good contracts, the IMPOSED Contract, and when the City was suffering great financial woes, real or fictitious. Jack is doing a terrific jobs given the current political structure.
As far as Jack's friendship with Bob, I can assure you, don't worry, you have no idea how strained the friendship is. Former FOP Pres. Ray Edmondson was very good friends with Joe Gerwins, infact former partners. We made great strides under Ray's presidency. Frank DeRusso was also friends with Ralph Finno and Norm Botsford. The bottom line is there's nothing to worry about, Jack's a very good FOP Pres. Regarding Jack's promotion, I say congratulations. There's nothing that says the FOP Pres. must be a patrolman! You're voting for the man or woman not the rank. At Miami FOP Lodge 20 many years ago a young patrolman by the name of Al Cotera was elected Pres. re-elected a couple times, was then promoted to Sgt. re-elected again, then promoted to Lt. took a couple of years off and believe it or not was elected again as a Lt. Support your FOP E-Board and remain united. SEMPER FI

01-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Guys, F**k all this B.S. someone somewhere wanted this argument to occur. Keep your eyes on the ball (contract), its going to be good or not the way we get there means nothing. The fact that someone was promoted just has no effect on the outcome, Jack knows what would happen either way, he saw this coming.

01-18-2008, 12:06 AM
Hey Kev you do suck. Tough guy with no ass. Tough guy with no brains. Yea you do suck !!! You make a mess then you want the tell us how to do it here. Where they hell did you learn your skills from???? You are an ass. Why dont you and you DAD who thank GOD left, move to some far woods!
U Jerk

01-18-2008, 12:38 AM
Hey Kev you do suck. Tough guy with no ass. Tough guy with no brains. Yea you do suck !!! You make a mess then you want the tell us how to do it here. Where they hell did you learn your skills from???? You are an ass. Why dont you and you DAD who thank GOD left, move to some far woods!
U Jerk
...and now for something relevant.

(Moderator, could you help us out here? This drivel need not be here.)

01-18-2008, 01:35 AM
Wow guest...
Big words from a coward hiding behind a computer. Hayes Senior is a stand up guy and Jr is too. You are a coward puke who probably had a picture drawn of you. Go back in the crying corner you came from and don't forget to douche.