PDA

View Full Version : PIO posts on ESO website

01-04-2008, 09:10 AM
Does anyone proof read ESO's press releases before they're posted on the ESO website? The last two posts that I read were an embarassment to see on what should be a professional website. I guess I shouldn't be so picky as my posts aren't always the best, but those posts come from a Public Information Officer? I thought that the civilians who were hired, instead of the old practice of using deputies, would at least have middle school grammar skills. The posts listed there are pathetic. Could someone tell the Sheriff that it reflects poorly on his department, or would you get in trouble for that?

How much does a PIO make, anyway?

01-04-2008, 02:59 PM
I have read a couple of the press releases from the PIO. It looks as though he is cutting and pasting the deputies' reports and only changing a few words here and there. I believe he is making about $45,000.00 a year with a take home car with blue lights and siren (he is not law enforcement certified). Hmmm...$45,000.00 a year and a take home car to cut and paste.... I need that job.

01-04-2008, 03:20 PM
He ain't the only non-LEO running around with lights and sirens.

01-04-2008, 03:44 PM
I heard there are several civilian employees with blue lights in thier non-essential take home cars. Isn't there some state law being violated here?

01-05-2008, 04:33 PM
And just who do you think would ever enforce the law?

01-07-2008, 03:31 AM
I could cut and paste for $45,000 a year. I would also throw in proofreading at no extra charge.

01-07-2008, 02:32 PM
The Sheriff said he'll have to cut positions if the property tax issue passes. Now he knows at least one positon he can cut without losing any law enforcement service.

01-10-2008, 06:03 AM
While he is cutting he ought to do some spell checking too. I believe the word is "aggravated." http://escambiaso.com/newsReleases/aggravatedabuse.pdf