PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal?

01-03-2008, 03:38 AM
I have been getting the feeling that C.O's aren't too welcome to transfer to the road by some of the commentary I have read in the past here. Wouldn't you want someone who has some experience dealing with the scum of the county rather than someone who is completely green on how to deal with scum bags? I think C.O. experience is nothing but beneficial to bring to the road. Why are there so many road deputies that think we are pieces of crap?

01-03-2008, 05:56 AM
Nope, I like CO's and they make awesome patrol officers. They could come out a little bit more motivated, but hey the experience and the knowledge is a plus.

01-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Jailers?

DistrictDeputy
01-03-2008, 03:28 PM
Heres the bottom line. Road Patrol deputies do not care if you come out of the Jail, a Civilian Position, or a new hire with no experience. What counts is that you are able to handle yourself on the street and capable of doing the job. If your not Lazy and do your job, it does not matter where you come from. There have been CO's that have come out onto the road and were not able to handle the job. This also applies to people coming from Civilian Positions and new hires. All we expect is someone that can do the job, and do the job well.