PDA

View Full Version : New Agent Oath from the Director 2008

01-02-2008, 05:49 AM
Do you solemly swear to protect and defend the Industry til death do you part. Will you faithfully fulfill the duties of the office of an ABT Agent and promise not to make any criminal cases unless it involves minors. So help you god.

01-02-2008, 02:20 PM
And upon completion of the oath please sign your receipt for having received a copy of W.O. Reason's Guidelines For Maintaining a Low Profile.

And to think I'm a republican and voted for Charlie Crist!!!!

01-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Been gone a while and found this site recently. My best advice is grow up, shut up, and do what your told. Law Enforcement is a quasi military organization, and the most important aspect of Law Enforcement is chain of command. Under the Bush groups this concept was destroyed. Agents were encouraged to call directly to Majs. and Chiefs to give their opinons,(mostly embelished lies). Capts. and Lts. allowed and encourged agents to rat out Lts. and other agts. This created an informant culture in the Div. which led to false allegations and nonaction from supervision. One fourth of the Divs. salary budget should have been designated as informant fees. The Div. after 30 years gave me a paid off home, money in the drop to pay for 8 years of my two childrens college education and a pension enough to were I don't have to work if I don't want to. Life is great!!!!!!! There were good and bad years at the Div., but look to the end. So who cares who,s in charge, or what they want you to do, grow up do what your told or make rank and try to change it. I gaurantee you things change but they really don't. If you really hate it so much leave.

01-04-2008, 04:12 AM
well said

01-04-2008, 04:21 AM
Well said is right, thank god a dinosaur like you is already gone, why don't you stay gone and mind your own business.

PS enjoy your retirement, I'm sure after 30 years with ABT it must have been real profitable.

01-04-2008, 05:08 AM
$52,765.50 a year with a 3% on July 1. and 3% every July 1. What did you get? Couple that with 87,00.00 in deferred comp and 267,311.30 in DROP. Not bad. Not bad at all. I have rolled the drop into the deferred comp and am getting 6.5% on my money. When you add 24,000 in interest to the retirement check, I can get by (double coupons at Publix on Wednesdays)
Social Security and Medicade right around the corner - mo money..mo money....mo money.
WE never worried or even cared what the wind blew into the "Puzzle Palace." We just did what we could, helped when we could and played when we could. A plan that could be used today with a little thought.

01-04-2008, 01:10 PM
To the retired person:

How are you earning more at 60% of your salary than most people make now? If I may ask, what was your high 5 average?

All I can see is making 44k for the next 13 years and retiring with 60% of 44k.

01-04-2008, 03:03 PM
To the retired person:

How are you earning more at 60% of your salary than most people make now? If I may ask, what was your high 5 average?

All I can see is making 44k for the next 13 years and retiring with 60% of 44k.

Best I remember, I'm drawing 81% not 60% as you figured. I know this is hard to believe, but we used to get regular pay raises - 3% on July 1 and another 5% on your anniversary date.

01-04-2008, 05:57 PM
True; there used to be regular increases. It wasn't until the "great" Lawton Chiles that the steps/regular raises were done away with. That serves to show me that we had a Governor who didn't care for any of his employees...present or future. It was a decision that was sverely immoral, unethical, irresponsible, and laced in greed. The employees of this state were basically raped of their livelyhoods.

Anyways, I'm glad you're doing well in retirement.

01-05-2008, 01:01 AM
I thank you for the kind thoughts. The only thing I can add is - stick with it until you can retire with at least 75% then pull the plug. Don't look back. I left many friends at ABT, and I understand the frustration but no matter what happens do the best you can do. Long after you are gone, your fellow agents will appreciate the good work you did. It doesn't matter if it was working kids or a complex investigation - good work is good work. Getting screwed by the Great State of Florida has become so common that the legislature doesn't even offer lube anymore.
Melvin Jackson (former agent, now deceased) used to say - "Boys, you got to learn to work this job around your other interests." Good advice even today.

01-05-2008, 02:37 AM
I thank you for the kind thoughts. The only thing I can add is - stick with it until you can retire with at least 75% then pull the plug. Don't look back. I left many friends at ABT, and I understand the frustration but no matter what happens do the best you can do. Long after you are gone, your fellow agents will appreciate the good work you did. It doesn't matter if it was working kids or a complex investigation - good work is good work. Getting screwed by the Great State of Florida has become so common that the legislature doesn't even offer lube anymore.
Melvin Jackson (former agent, now deceased) used to say - "Boys, you got to learn to work this job around your other interests." Good advice even today.

Yep...and former agents like that who worked part-time is why we are in the shape we are in today! Now..I said it!

01-05-2008, 02:58 AM

Yep...and former agents like that who worked part-time is why we are in the shape we are in today! Now..I said it!

I didn't read anything in the post that says anything about working part time. Working this job around your interests could mean don't take the job home with you. Don't let this job consume you. Did you read the part about good work is good work? Here is a thought - we are in the situation we are in because some agents spend their time engulfed in negative thoughts and are unwilling or unable to "take control of the intersection. It could be that the common denominator in all your dissatisfying relationships is you!!! There - I said it.

01-08-2008, 03:22 AM
Whatever........ 8) ......