PDA

View Full Version : This Could Be You CCSO!!!

01-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Yes! The deputies voted 128 in favor of the Union to 37 against and the supervisors voted 37 in favor of the Union to 25 against, paving the way for the new Sheriff! For a second time in history, the men and women of the Clay County Sheriff's Office have cast a vote of no confidence in their Sheriff for his lack of professionalism and lack of leadership!

God Bless you guys for heading in the right direction.....Its a shame this far into the state legislation passing our right to representation and there still some agencies out there especially S.O.'s without it....Its an issue of Good 'Ol Boys v.s. the troops which my agency Citrus County is still battling today...

Amen to collective bargaining!!!!

crimefighter
01-17-2008, 01:19 AM
[quote="Union Supporter":10ux2gvk]Yes! The deputies voted 128 in favor of the Union to 37 against and the supervisors voted 37 in favor of the Union to 25 against, paving the way for the new Sheriff! For a second time in history, the men and women of the Clay County Sheriff's Office have cast a vote of no confidence in their Sheriff for his lack of professionalism and lack of leadership!

God Bless you guys for heading in the right direction.....Its a shame this far into the state legislation passing our right to representation and there still some agencies out there especially S.O.'s without it....Its an issue of Good 'Ol Boys v.s. the troops which my agency Citrus County is still battling today...

Amen to collective bargaining!!!![/quote:10ux2gvk]

51% is a voice and a step in the right direction...If a new SHERIFF isn't voted in to replace or HELP rid that non-sense that currently exist with Richee, Mar-tone and others that make up the Croni-ism then only one choice exists. The troops have to unite and be a TEAM voting in change and show them its time LONG freakin over due. Problem seems to be FEAR instilled amongst the ranks instead of confidence of getting the word out. Thats the purpose of this medium to speak without fear of retaliation. Pass the word to your zone partners and make contact off duty and rally to make CCSO a better place to be. An institution of Integrity, Fairness, Professionalism and out with the Good 'Ol Boy mentality. I myself am not familiar with anyone else running for the election but under the current nazi regime thats being run it certaintly can hurt to listen what others have to say and what they are willing to do to correct the ongoing schnanigans. Too many good people have come and gone because the fight to make a difference seems hopeless, or they didn't stand a chance while trying against the Good 'Ol Boyzz. Enough said its your career do something or nothing but don't crawl around this site running your trap when your efforts could be directed at doing the right thing and voting "NO" to Dawsy........

01-19-2008, 06:27 AM
HAVING A UNION WILL GIVE US A LITTLE BALANCE AND SOME DAY MAYBE COPS WHO WORK FOR COUNTIES WILL BE TREATED AS GOOD AS COPS THAT WORK FOR A CITY 40 WORK WEEK OT AFTER 40 NOT 86 BS……. WE WON’T GET IT DONE IN A YEAR OR MAYBE 10 BUT KEEP PUSHING FOR EQUALITY AMONG LEO’S.

01-20-2008, 07:59 PM
HAVING A UNION WILL GIVE US A LITTLE BALANCE AND SOME DAY MAYBE COPS WHO WORK FOR COUNTIES WILL BE TREATED AS GOOD AS COPS THAT WORK FOR A CITY 40 WORK WEEK OT AFTER 40 NOT 86 BS……. WE WON’T GET IT DONE IN A YEAR OR MAYBE 10 BUT KEEP PUSHING FOR EQUALITY AMONG LEO’S.

AMEN! Fellas I've been fortunate during my career to have worked for both sides of the coin. I worked for a city that was NOT represented by collective bargaining and a County SO that was NOT. During the transition phase it is always dark or apprehensive on both sides, especially patrol but even more to administrative staff. Bottom line is equality and a much better approach to having a voice heard and benefits implemented into place. In the end everyone is better off that representation is in place especially for grievance procedures and legal advise. There are a few cases were unions don't do what they promise but those agency's are few and far between or they didn't do there homework prior to voting in representation. But the risk now is are you better with it or without it? From what I been reading here and friends within CCSO it can't hurt to have it to allieviate the lack of understanding between patrol & executive staff. Our numbers in favor where uninamous something like 117 to 18 for it in patrol and 50 to 9 for lieutenants & sgts.

The way we anaylized it was things were only going to get worse without by waiting out executive staff to retire. From what I've read here there are quite a few of those guys here responding. Reality is they may not leave or do another term which extends the problems from being addressed. And from CCSO track record to terminate those who speak out or put others in places they don't belong or don't deserve.....

Getting trinkets handed to you once a year for appreciation isn't gonna pay the bills or advance your career, but a step-pay plan with guaranteed merit raises and a contract on the table to assure we are bargaining for the benefits does.

Ask yourself this would you rather work 3/2/2/3 switching every 28 days for your entire career or know that others would like something more stable offering the opportunity to go to school and have a more stable family life? Well representation gives you that by bringing it to the table to be addressed and not by having some clown who is a shift rep getting shot down on every issue brought to the plate and maybe getting one of 10 issues heard and addressed. No one has ever said what about 4 ten hour days & nights with a relief shift and 3 days off regularly or 4on 4 off 11.5 hours because 12's are a labor violation which CCSO addresses by FLEXing out to get around paying OVERTIME. No other schedule options are even being considered because if ain't broke don't fix it is the mentality. Ever think that could be the reason so many are just leaving along with all the other administrative non-sense? :twisted:

Wish you luck with your issues...

03-29-2008, 02:16 PM

EQUALITY? Is to CCSO like the word UNION; they don't EXIST. DAWSY is to Citrus as Fidel was to Havanna! It's one thing to be thrown under the bus, its whole another thing when his people are driving it as well...M.Ric.,J.Dix.,J.Mon.,Col.,J.Dsy.B.Wht. "The Da Vinci Code" of Cronies

VIVA FIDEL!