PDA

View Full Version : rowan for sheriff

01-01-2008, 12:09 PM
We have another good person running for sheriff. this will be this county's chance to look at two good men and decide who needs to be our next sheriff.I see alot of good men and woman in our county sheriff department who need a leader who will back them up, go the full mile to get them the best equipment. not overload them. And there are also several deputies who need to be booted out on there butts. for there long stint of lying, cheating, thieving( and you know who you are).

I look forward to 2008 and this new election. benton has lost the majority of her support, her true crazy colors have come out. may the best man win, because that loon of a woman we have in there now is not cutting it. sheriff benton maybe you should have your hormone pills doubled for this race and may i suggest an extra dose of xanax for ya.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL

01-01-2008, 12:10 PM
We have another good person running for sheriff. this will be this county's chance to look at two good men and decide who needs to be our next sheriff.I see alot of good men and woman in our county sheriff department who need a leader who will back them up, go the full mile to get them the best equipment. not overload them. And there are also several deputies who need to be booted out on there butts. for there long stint of lying, cheating, thieving( and you know who you are).

I look forward to 2008 and this new election. benton has lost the majority of her support, her true crazy colors have come out. may the best man win, because that loon of a woman we have in there now is not cutting it. sheriff benton maybe you should have your hormone pills doubled for this race and may i suggest an extra dose of XANAX for ya.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL

01-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Dale LaFlam for Sheriff. He is a real cop and an administrator that does not let the position he holds cloud his judgment as an administrator. The current Major could learn several things from Dale

01-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Dale LaFlam for Sheriff. He is a real cop and an administrator that does not let the position he holds cloud his judgment as an administrator. The current Major could learn several things from Dale

please forgive me, i forgot about dale so lets make that 3 good men to choose from.

01-02-2008, 12:08 AM

YEAH YOUR RIGHT. MAYBE HOW TO CHASE WOMEN???????

01-02-2008, 05:08 PM
[quote="LaFlam 2008":h01h3gak]Dale LaFlam for Sheriff. He is a real cop and an administrator that does not let the position he holds cloud his judgment as an administrator. The current Major could learn several things from Dale

YEAH YOUR RIGHT. MAYBE HOW TO CHASE WOMEN???????[/quote:h01h3gak]

DON'T KNOW ABOUT THAT, BUT WE ALL NEED TO LOOK AT EVERYONE WHO COMES INTO THIS RACE AND MAKE A GOOD CHOICE. THIS IS VERY CRUCIAL TO OUR COUNTY

01-08-2008, 11:42 PM
Rowan might be an OK guy, but he can't even control his own department. Those guys are always screwing up everyone knows that. How can he control an agency that's more than tripple the size? Besides that I just wonder if he plans on bringing any of his guys over to work. There are a few good guys, but the others are hot headed and over rated.

01-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Saying Rowan cannot control his own dept. is not fair.

The problems that face APPD often seem to be coming from the SAME (few) people. That sure is not Mike Rowan's fault- Rowan can't control a beast that has already grown under previous leadership, and now he is forced to deal with someone else's problems because the (now former) city manager is a absolute moron, that had a personal vendetta. CB Shirey let Mercurio build that department to its presnent state, and then hung Mercurio to dry- leaving Rowan with all the laundry.

I believe the recent drama with APPD's new year's eve mess is credited to someone that has a bit of a bumpy history, and was brought back prior to Rowan's leadership. Good luck to Mike.

May the best *man* win.

01-09-2008, 07:48 AM
Please hcso take Laflam ocso doesn't need him.

01-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Rowan might be an OK guy, but he can't even control his own department. Those guys are always screwing up everyone knows that. How can he control an agency that's more than tripple the size? Besides that I just wonder if he plans on bringing any of his guys over to work. There are a few good guys, but the others are hot headed and over rated.

What exactly do you mean by overrated?

01-11-2008, 10:46 PM
What exactly do you mean by overrated?

Probably nothing. Just another gum-flapper spewing trash. Notice the lack of response. Take a jab, then run for cover...that's all some are good for.

APPD has some good cops. Rowan is not even considering the chief postion (smart!), but Sheriff is a pretty high goal. I wish him well.

Be safe.

01-15-2008, 01:08 AM
Everyone knows that APPD is the joke of the county when it comes to agencies. The way they conduct themselves and interact with the public is an embarrassment. Do everyone a favor and close them down for good.

01-15-2008, 02:44 AM
Everyone knows that APPD is the joke of the county when it comes to agencies. The way they conduct themselves and interact with the public is an embarrassment. Do everyone a favor and close them down for good.

It's funny when I read things like this. I was on the FDLE website the other day. APPD is the most productive agency in the county per population. The pay is just as good if not better and same with the equipment. I'm not saying the other agencies aren't good also. Let's just be fair.

01-19-2008, 02:27 AM
Everyone knows that APPD is the joke of the county when it comes to agencies. The way they conduct themselves and interact with the public is an embarrassment. Do everyone a favor and close them down for good..

you don't have clue of what your saying. they do there job. unlike hcso deputies who are beyond rude.there are problems just like any other department. but they do there job's

01-31-2008, 03:50 PM
Rowan does not have the experience to run the appd, let alone the hcso.
He only has about 9-10 years of experience, before that he operated heavy equipment. Do some research people!! The man is a joke just like the ousted chief! The appd is well known for thier antics and attitudes. They are hot heads with the agenda of making money. Why else would such a small dept. have 3-4 K-9s. The dept has failed to get accredidation from the state, I wonder why?

02-01-2008, 12:45 AM
Rowan does not have the experience to run the appd, let alone the hcso.
He only has about 9-10 years of experience, before that he operated heavy equipment. Do some research people!! The man is a joke just like the ousted chief! The appd is well known for thier antics and attitudes. They are hot heads with the agenda of making money. Why else would such a small dept. have 3-4 K-9s. The dept has failed to get accredidation from the state, I wonder why?.

most officers did other jobs prior to going into law enforcement bean head
he is a good person, appd does not have anymore problems than any other agency you should know that just by reading other lea boards on here. he is just one of several who are running, have an open mind ( if you know what that is) and leave mecurio out of it. he is gone because that spineless city mgr didn't have the guts to stand up to city council because he knew his butt was next. lucky for him those morons gave him the airport deal. and you can ask any small dept they would tell you they would love to have 3 or more k-9's on the road.

crime is down here, we are in a never ending battle with drugs, criminals have no issue with shooting leo on site we need those dogs. and if you are in law enforcement you would know that.

mike is just one of several listen before you judge

02-01-2008, 02:45 AM
I know who this sounds like. (MH) stay off of our site, this site is for cops. You want to talk ill about someone, but don't even have the real facts you moron. You can,t even spell accreditation (accredidation) smart stupid. I know Rowan a long time. As I recall he has about thirteen years of law enforcement experience starting as a road cop and moving all the way up the food chain. Sounds impressive to me, you idiot. So what he was in construction as a young guy, he comes from a family of law enforcement. He is a good guy and we all wish him well. He is doing a dcent job with APPD and his guys respect the hell out of him. (MH) go put your head back in the sand and stay away from us, loser. GOOD LUCK MIKE.

only-you
02-01-2008, 02:52 PM

Rowan was hired by appd in or around 1996. I really do not think he has enough experience to run an agency triple the size of what appd is. Appd is in its own bubble and everyone knows it. The only reason why he has risin in the ranks in that dept. so fast is due to back stabbing and ass kissing. Everyone knows that he was mercurio's baby boy. The problems that appd have had are unexcusable. Eventually the county will take them over any how.

02-02-2008, 01:22 AM
Only-you, why don't you do something to occupy your time, like teach somewhere. I'm sorry, I forgot, you can't do that anymore either, loser. I told you to leave our site, it's for cops. (real ones) Just so happens Rowan is a good guy and that pisses you off. Well that's too bad, he has the right to run like anyone eles. And once again we wish him well. If you don't like him, DON'T VOTE FOR HIM, but leave us alone. He works hard and deserves to be looked at fairly like anyone eles.

02-02-2008, 03:11 AM
Not sure who MH i only knew one person who worked appd with the initials of MH but oh well, once again lets give all candidates a chance.

MH it sounds like you have issues with rowan.

prayers for all our leo's that you have a safe shift.

02-10-2008, 11:23 PM
I think rowan would be a good sheriff!!!!! anything to get benton outta office!!!!!!!

02-22-2008, 04:53 AM
You keep saying tripple the size. That little PD is only 30 or so strong. It's a blip on the screen. Their budget is just a few million a year. There is no way Rowan is ready for the big times.

02-22-2008, 01:25 PM
Blip on the screen, look around you. Our agency is a blip on the screen compared to most other sheriff offices. We are not that big either, where we can do everything. As a matter of fact we are pretty small. It's about leadership, dedication, and doing the right thing. In my book Rowan has shown that. Give him a break.

02-25-2008, 07:48 AM
Shut the **** up only-you. Dumbass faggot. Go back to Miami or wherever your from. If you really live in Miami and are a Cop then you should be too busy with work to worry about a county/city 2.5 hours+ from you.

Your a ****ing loser like Greenman said.

02-26-2008, 01:42 AM
Shut the fazugie up only-you. Dumbass faggot. Go back to Miami or wherever your from. If you really live in Miami and are a Cop then you should be too busy with work to worry about a county/city 2.5 hours+ from you.

Your a ****ing loser like Greenman said.

Ha Ha this is funny!!!!

07-20-2008, 05:17 AM
Mike Rowan is just as qualified as the republican candidate. He is a cops, cop. Mike Rowan has work his way up from the bottom, without favors, not a whole lot of brass in the S.O that can say that. He spent his time on the road, as a detective and in administration. Ask the current sheriff how much time she has been on the road. She has payed favors with positions, her fiscal policy sucks and she's getting close to the age when people start to lose things, like evidence. This county needs a change in LEO leadership, without favors, without back stabbing, but with accountability and leadership, Mike Rowan is the man for the job.

07-21-2008, 05:10 AM
Mike did get his sign in front of Dunkin Donuts, now that is impressive.

not suprised
07-25-2008, 02:41 AM
I WOULD BE SUPRISED IF SHE EVEN KNOWS WHERE EVIDENCE IS. SHE IS MUCH TOO "GOOD" TO WORRY WITH SUCH A UNIMPORTANT TASK. THOSE GIRLS WORH THEIR A.. OFF IN THERE AND WERE THROWN UNDER THE BUS.

07-26-2008, 01:05 AM
Hooked On Phonics!!!

07-26-2008, 04:08 AM
It appears as though the current sheriff plans to spend 11.1 million dollars
on a new S.O. Do we need this, i guess we won't be getting any bonus this year. I can't bring myself to vote for Benton, she has truley been a poor leader, fiscally irresponsible, back stabbing and most of all absent. [/i]

07-26-2008, 04:38 PM
The money she spends on the building has NOTHING to do with raises, etc. That money is slated from the county for county improvement. It if is not used for a new and much needed SO, it goes somewhere else. It doesn't go towards salary.

As far as needing a new building, you haven't been to the current one if your asking that question.

07-27-2008, 02:04 AM
Finally, someone posts something intelligent. You are not just another cop, you are a smart and sensible one. Nice!

not suprised
07-31-2008, 03:50 AM
A smart and sensible cop would know that you still have to pay taxes to fund the building! Where do you think that the County Commissioners get their money? A more effective use of the current building seems to be the best choice, you do have computers in your cars. Why such a large building?

08-01-2008, 12:45 AM
A smart and sensible cop would know that you still have to pay taxes to fund the building! Where do you think that the County Commissioners get their money? A more effective use of the current building seems to be the best choice, you do have computers in your cars. Why such a large building?

No, actually, taxes are already paid into the county. If the building isn't built or is built, does not change how much the county collects.

More effective use because they have laptops? The building isn't for the deputies. Why don't you go down and take a tour of the current office and then form an opinion of what is needed and not needed. I doubt you will see more than one or two road deputies in the building.

08-04-2008, 01:59 AM
You said it, the new building is for the chiefs and not the indians, lets not forget who out numbers who.

08-07-2008, 01:28 AM
Wow, that was an intelligent statement. Kudos to you genius!

08-21-2008, 04:31 PM
I have checked Rowan out, I will vote him, because i just can't bring myself to vote for her again

08-21-2008, 11:44 PM
I have checked Rowan out, I will vote him, because i just can't bring myself to vote for her again

+1 more here, buddy!

Me too. He is a cop, and not a politician. He would be a good leader in my opinion. I sure hope we don't have 4 more years of walking on eggshells, with Deputies looking over their shoulder every minute. It is scary what we have come to.

08-25-2008, 02:08 PM
I have to give Rowan credit. He stood up for what he believed in. It takes alot of courage to run for an elected office, especially against an incumbent. I have seen his advertisement in Sundays' paper. It should turn some heads and open the minds of the voting public. He has my vote.

God bless you all

08-27-2008, 02:30 AM
My congradulation to Mr. Rowan for making a bid at an elected ofice. He has not won the nomination but hopefuly now he will add his endorsement to Sheriff Benton, who has worked so hard with A.P.D. over the past few years.

08-27-2008, 02:45 AM
If he only would have got the same amount of votes that he had views on this thread. 4382 views at the time of this post and only 933 votes. That's a difference of 3449. Yep, that would have beat her. Grimmus must be estactic to know he has the possibility of getting less than a 1000 votes. :lol:

08-27-2008, 05:49 AM
by GuestLEO on 08/26/08 22:45:06

If he only would have got the same amount of votes that he had views on this thread. 4382 views at the time of this post and only 933 votes. That's a difference of 3449. Yep, that would have beat her. Grimmus must be estactic to know he has the possibility of getting less than a 1000 votes.

What a statement! This must be one of the "elite" or "all knowing" posting such a statement. It is amazing this post is so close to when the final numbers came in from all the precints. For those that do not know, there was a techincal issue and the results were delayed.Only the top "important" people were informed first, of the results. But that is OK, now it is up to the Sheriff and Grimming. Reading between the lines, I see Comm. Rowan backing Grimming in the near future. Or should I say Maj. Rowan or Capt. Rowan. Either way, it's better than what we have now!!!! :idea:
By speaking with the majority of the deputies (YES, LEB and Corrections) Grimming has the VOTE of the S.O. :D Unfortnualtely, it's not the Sheriff's fault, but who she put in charge. :shock: Good Luck, the next few months are going to be fun!!!! :snicker:

P.S. And by the way, do the math Rep. Vs. Dem. in Highlands County. Vote with your party and the best will rise to the top! :cop:

08-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Hey Mason, do us all a favor. Should Benton lose go ahead a quit please. My requets goes out to all the other Benidict Arnolds out there as well. Danm shame that a personthat brings us up to respectability gets nothing but flack because of one, maybe two people heading certain departments. It's not THAT bad to orget all that ya damn cry baby juveniles. :!:

08-27-2008, 03:45 PM
My congradulation to Mr. Rowan for making a bid at an elected ofice. He has not won the nomination but hopefuly now he will add his endorsement to Sheriff Benton, who has worked so hard with A.P.D. over the past few years.

What are you talking about????

08-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Quote: "What a statement! This must be one of the "elite" or "all knowing" posting such a statement. It is amazing this post is so close to when the final numbers came in from all the precints. For those that do not know, there was a techincal issue and the results were delayed.Only the top "important" people were informed first, of the results. But that is OK, now it is up to the Sheriff and Grimming. Reading between the lines, I see Comm. Rowan backing Grimming in the near future. Or should I say Maj. Rowan or Capt. Rowan. Either way, it's better than what we have now!!!!
By speaking with the majority of the deputies (YES, LEB and Corrections) Grimming has the VOTE of the S.O. Unfortnualtely, it's not the Sheriff's fault, but who she put in charge. Good Luck, the next few months are going to be fun!!!!

P.S. And by the way, do the math Rep. Vs. Dem. in Highlands County. Vote with your party and the best will rise to the top!

[color=#008000]Dear Detective P. Mason,

Let me start with the fact that I have the utmost respect for the position of "detective". With that being said, your assessment of only the "Elite" or "All Knowing" at the HCSO knowing ahead of the rest is false. However, you actually enlightened me on the election issue. How would you know that? A "real" detective, or any idiot that knows how to use the internet, would have found out that the results were available on the News-Sun web-site. If you check the coorelation between my post and the time the results were posted, you will see that the post followed the web-site posting of the final numbers. Thats called a "clue". Therefore, your assumption that I am brass based on your post is unfounded. Secondly, you do not speak for the majority of the HCSO nor do you have your numbers straight. I for one have never been asked this question. Many of my fellow HCSO friends state they have never been asked this question either. Therefore, your numbers are skewed and unreliable. To do a proper sampling, you need to include more than the five disgruntled employees you queried. Unfortnantly, this is also unfounded and baseless rhetoric. Your new rank annointing of Rowan is most likely the only accurate statement you made. His allignment with Grimmus is the worst kept secret in the campaign. Why do you think he changed party affiliations prior to the primary. It was to make her spend money and create bogus issues for Grimmus to expound upon. I hope you don't pin your hopes on the number of party democrats versus republicans that showed up at the polls. You need to "detect" the overall demographics of the county as it relates to party affiliations. In closing, we will have to wait until November to see who is right. It doesn't come down to the most signs, it doesn't come down to yours or my polls of who supports who. It will come down to the people who count, and thats the citizens of this county.

08-27-2008, 08:40 PM
Here's a clue, see if you can figure it out. I'm a registered republican and I voted democrat four years ago. This year I'll be voting within my party. Can you figure out who I'm not voting for? Here's a hint, I'm voting republican. Solve that one detective! :?

08-27-2008, 10:40 PM
Hickory, ****ory, dock,
Little Ron looked at the clock
The clock struck seven
Instead of heaven
Rowan got blown of the block

****ery, ****ery, dare,
Ron's fist flew in the air.
The gal in green
Who's been called a queen
Said "why don't you grow a pair?

To the riddle posed by the idiot screen name who posted prior, I offer this response to your question.

Riddle me this
Riddle me that
It's plain to see
You'll vote for the rat!

09-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Hickory, ****ory, dock,
Little Ron looked at the clock
The clock struck seven
Instead of heaven
Rowan got blown of the block

****ery, ****ery, dare,
Ron's fist flew in the air.
The gal in green
Who's been called a queen
Said "why don't you grow a pair?

To the riddle posed by the idiot screen name who posted prior, I offer this response to your question.

Riddle me this
Riddle me that
It's plain to see
You'll vote for the rat!

What an idiot