PDA

View Full Version : Never Forget

12-31-2007, 04:07 AM
http://www.gainesvillesun.com/article/2 ... 82670/1034 (http://www.gainesvillesun.com/article/20071230/NEWS/109882670/1034)

:(

03-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Remember Lt. "Smokey" Joe Reynolds today and always.
Remember his roll calls and that huge laugh of his as you go through the
day. Remember his Wife and Son as they mourn for him today.
Remember "Smoke" was there during the good ole days. Im glad of that.
Remember he was always fair
May he rest in peace with the rest of our brothers whom we came to
know and love.
Remember them all and think of them often. R.I.P. and may God Bless

04-21-2008, 10:59 PM
Smokey Joe was a man of honor. He served in our armed forces as a Lieutenant in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam era. He continued serving our country in the Army Reserve through half of his career in two municipal police departments. He received an honorable discharge. After discharge Homestead Police Department put him through the academy and he worked one of the roughest crime ridden areas of Miami Dade County. He bailed from Homestead to come on board with Coral Gables PD as did 5 other Homestead Police Officers for better wages, better working conditions, better employee benefits, and for his family. Smokey never shied away from danger, he was the first one to run to a fellow Officers aid, he was a superb back-up and never failed to watch your back. When he made Sergeant he did the same. If a subordinate got in trouble Smokey always looked out for that Officers welfare and tried to resolve issues with the Officer in question and his superiors. Smokey was an elected Officer in the PBA and the FOP almost from his first year on the job. He worked countless tireless hours for his brothers and sisters in arms. He was compassionate and caring and would give you the shirt of his back. Smokey made the job fun and those who worked with him appreciate his humor and laughter. His was a remarkable man of honor and he should be remembered for the manner in which he gave his life to our country, public service and mankind.

MOD 1
04-22-2008, 03:08 AM
I removed the totally inappropriate posts and the replies to it. I don't believe that they are needed in this thread.

Mod 1

04-25-2008, 02:08 AM
Thank you so very much!

04-28-2008, 01:45 PM
Remember Lt. Dennis Colbert for his proffessionalism and the way he cared for the men and women he worked with. Dennis was one of the
best, and one of a kind. He loved life and he loved Law Enforcement. Because of his caring ways he had many friends, the officers he worked with, officers from other agencies, and from all walks of life, and his best friend "Cheyane" his beloved Siberian Huskey. His loyalty, courage, and
brotherhood will never be forgotten. Still remembering. R.I.P.

04-28-2008, 01:45 PM
Remember Lt. Dennis Colbert for his proffessionalism and the way he cared for the men and women he worked with. Dennis was one of the
best, and one of a kind. He loved life and he loved Law Enforcement. Because of his caring ways he had many friends, the officers he worked with, officers from other agencies, and from all walks of life, and his best friend "Cheyane" his beloved Siberian Huskey. His loyalty, courage, and
brotherhood will never be forgotten. Still remembering. R.I.P.

04-29-2008, 10:22 PM
Never worked with Joe but sounds like he made the most of a long and honorable community service oriented life. Those posting bulletins before me who inappropriately used this forum to tell discrediting stories about Smokey or any other fallen officer should be ashamed. I know there is no person reading this that can look at themselves in a mirror or under a microscope and find a human being without flaws, faults, weaknesses or defect. In fact, unless your name is GOD, you are defective. Thank you Moderator for doing your job.

04-30-2008, 06:39 PM
well said

05-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Tom was a great police officer. He was always there if you needed a
back up. He always had a smile that wouldn't quit. He loved his children
he spoke of them often. He was a hard worker and was appreciated by many. He left us a long time ago and was gone too soon.
R.I.P. Brother.

05-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Ofc. Robert "Bob" Bonnet was a great police officer. He was always smiling
and had a way of making everyone around him smile. He was a great big guy whom anyone would have wanted for a back up. He served the community well and also left us too soon. R.I.P. Brother

12-30-2009, 04:48 AM
When and where did Smokey Joe die?