PDA

View Full Version : Hiring?

12-29-2007, 05:13 AM
Hello, I am a current Resserve 2 for Tampa Police Dept.
Talks are in place for no hiring until 2009. I cant wait that long.
Can anyone give me any info. on if your hiring?

Do you get take home cars and if so can you take them out of county?

What kind of cycles do you work? TPD works 4 on 4 off 11.5 hrs shifts.

Whats starting pay? I have 2 years degree.

Thanks any info would be great.
I checked the website but most City PD websites dont give out this info.

12-29-2007, 11:45 AM
LPD works 12 hour permanent shifts (0630-1830) and (1830-0630). Your work schedule is work M,T off W,TH then work F,Sa,Su. The next week you reverse that and work Wed and Thurs with the other days off.

Starting pay right now is around 40 a year with top out in 8 years at mid 50's. (basically its 17.50 an hour to start with top out at 24 an hour). With that is mind, we have 11 paid holidays where you earn double time and a half if you work and straight 12 hours if you are off.

The take home car policy is within the Lakeland Electric and Water area which is a pretty large area, but not out of county. If you live out of county you are assigned a car that stays at the station for your use only.

LPD is a pretty good agency, even though it used to be the top of the State in my opinion 10 years ago. Things need to get better, but they are not as bad as some agencies. Good luck.

12-29-2007, 11:45 AM
I also forgot to tell you we are always hiring.

12-31-2007, 10:35 PM
Can you also tell if your agency requires college?

01-01-2008, 12:37 PM
You do not need college to be hired, but do need at least 60 credit hours to be promoted to Sgt and a bachelors to go any higher. Its a great agency for the most part, we have issues just like any other agency. Good luck. Call recruiting with any questions, the recruiter is a good